Rename Areas/Regions

I would like the ability to rename Areas and Regions, and/or add/remove Regions from Areas.

Examples: move Ukraine from Russia to Eastern Europe. Change India to China (or South America). change United States to have 8 areas instead of 11.

Russia isn't a region in TEW IX anymore like it was in TEW 2020. It and Ukraine are both part of Eastern Europe, according to Adam Ryland. 

Otherwise, the concept of changing in-game locations would be neat, but I would prefer it more if I could add new regions instead of removing pre-existing ones (even if it's not a priority for the game developer).

Edited by TheDeep5ix
  • Like 2

I would love to just create the whole world, but I don't see it happening. That is why I asked for this instead.

We can already "control" what "country/state" is in a region just by putting a Venue there. If I want Kentucky in the Southwest, I can move all of its arenas to "South West" and it's done.

My considerations:

I am never going to use India and didn't in TEW2020 either. I would use South America.

I want to rename Aussie to Oceania and rename the regions inside.

I also want each "Region" inside of an area to have a list of Overflow Checkboxes. If the box is checked, overflow happens between X and Y.

• Like 2

I personally use India a lot, so I wouldn't want to get rid of it.

South America would be cool, as would the Middle East (especially since WWE holds shows there). 

Also, what do you mean by renaming Aussie to Oceania? It's already called Oceania, unless you mean you want to rename Oceania to become Aussie.

Customizable overflows should be easy to do, so it would be nice to handle it in this game as opposed to waiting four more years or so.

Australia in the game is explicitly Australia and New Zealand. Oceania does include Melanesia, Polynesia, and Micronesia.

I use India too - I would probably consider changing it to China. Then again, I might consider an Aisa-Centric Mod replacing Canada with China, and Europe with Southeast Asia, then India becomes South Asia.

There are a lot of possibilities that come up when allowed to Add/Remove/Rename areas, especially with check boxes for Splashover into nearby Regions.

An option to edit Areas and Regions would be definitely a power move because it gives an opportunity to bring the whole world to the game and shape it as player/scenario creator wants. I am all for it.

Edited by Foryst
  • Like 1