Clarence's Tournament Trees

One thing I feel is lacking in the game is a working tournament tree. I don't mind the current system but I've always enjoyed planning out tournaments using an actual tree rather than a list of matches, I just find it so much easier. So, since way back when I first started playing TEW I've been using Open Office Calc (poor man's Excel) to do a quick plan of each tournament I run.

Recently I made actual templates to use so I've decided to share them here for any one else who might like to use them. Do they look amazing? Not really. Do they function? They certainly seem to. 

There are two variants, one is just normal white background, the other is a sort of "dark theme" partially inspired by recent TEW colours but also as an attempt to cater for people who use dark themes on other stuff (like me). Within each template is a sheet for any type of tournament you can run in TEW (32 person, 16 person, 32 team, 16 team etc).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pe35y2aavk1sylj/Clarence_Tournament_Tree_Templates.zip/file

A couple of example screenshots below:

image.thumb.jpeg.379a26ca1ee89c154498205cdd642187.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.99716c5a74e8907d0dbf5ebe75b3ffb8.jpeg

A final note:

As stated above, I use Open Office for these. I don't have a Microsoft Office subscription so have no access to Excel which is unfortunate as I would've been happy to provide Excel versions as well. I've got absolutely no idea how they will open or look in Excel so apologies in advance if they're terrible. I do consider these freeware though and so I'm more than happy for anybody to do whatever they like with them. Make excel versions, make other colour schemes, use them as a base for your own designs and upload ones that make mine look ridiculous if you want. 

I might look to make a Google Sheets version at some point, but the whole point of these is that they can be used offline (and I've got next to no experience at all with Google Sheets)

Edited by Clarence
  • Like 11

• Clarence changed the title to Clarence's Tournament Trees