[RELEASE] Into the Cranshawverse - Expansion

After @Captain Kayfabe's post in the AI thread asking about the characters was making renders of, my wheels started turning and I decided "Eh, why not release this as an expansion?"

So here we are, after making their bios a bit more interesting and bringing back a few characters I haven't actually made in a while, I think I have everything in a pretty decent state.  I'll do shortened bios and whatnot in the next post, but I'll post the data/pictures here:

Data - https://www.mediafire.com/file/y3z5ngco1ftec1j/Cranshawverse.zip/file

Pictures (GIFs) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/mcu3rodanz42qqv/People_-_GIF.zip/file

Pictures (Blue cage JPGs) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/tbvfupnn68px9xo/People_-_Cage_JPG.zip/file

Logos - https://www.mediafire.com/file/oi8iz5e9mhp0hgz/Logos.zip/file

Pack 2 (GIFs) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/aczroia6uwuov3t/Pack_2_%28GIF%29.zip/file

Pack 2 (Blue Cage JPGs) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/pvn8bhne9kz6gd0/Pack_2_%28Blue_Cage%29.zip/file

Belts - https://www.mediafire.com/file/lglz76hm4dqf4bm/Belts.zip/file

Generic Workers (GIF only) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/ddju0fze5z2mao9/Generic_Workers.zip/file

MEGA folder - https://mega.nz/folder/hMRgxSLZ#gQ1-naGp6iD3wGHXsBGiNA

Import Order (If you only want the workers, just do these in this order):

1. Moves
2, Move Sets
3. Workers
4. Worker Relationships
5. Tag Teams
6. Chemistry

If you also want the companies, do these:

7. Companies
8 Training Facilities
9. Graduates
10. Company Relationships
11. Broadcasters
12. Events
13. TV Shows
14. Broadcasting Deals
15. Titles
16. Contracts

17. Free Pictures

Hopefully I got everything in the right order.  I'll showcase the workers/companies in the next post.

Also, regarding AWE in the next post, I will say that it is not intended to be a full national company, but a foundation for one, building the rest with the workers in the database.  It's very challenging at first, but fun once it gets rolling.

Edited by Crychon
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

The Companies:

spacer.png  spacer.png

American Wrestling Evolution/The Road To AWE

A company founded by billionaire entrepreneur Katrin Müeller-Martinez along with her core group of very talented friends.  They run an integrated product and start at a huge size (which is incredibly difficult to maintain without intervention off the bat).   The Road to AWE is the developmental company for the brand.

The Workers:

The Core Players

FNt2U0E.gif spacer.png spacer.png spacer.png

The core players of the company are Captain Cranshaw, Christy Cranshaw, Jack Jordan and Raul Martinez.  Christy and Raul are mostly singles workers, but Captain Cranshaw and Jack Jordan band together to form the formidable tag team "The Raving Lunatics".  They are much more popular than the other workers in this expansion.

Sweet Pain

spacer.png spacer.png

Josie Bryson and Veronica Davenport band together to form the formidable "Sweet Pain" tag team, they started off working together as a tag team, but grew very close and eventually started dating and then got married.  They have started to find a solid following and are definitely ones to watch out for.

The Bryant Twins

spacer.png  spacer.png

Amber and Brooke Bryant are the young twin daughters of veteran worker Joel Bryant.  They work very well as a team, but Brooke has been starting to try to branch off on her own as a singles worker, and doesn't adhere to the more technical style of the rest of her family.

The Top Prospects

vBUtMnH.gif  spacer.png tE4roqm.gifspacer.png  spacer.png

Alana Castiela is a technician/striker from Finland, she's still very new, but very impressive. 
Asami Nakagawa is a solid technical worker from Japan who never really found her footing in Japan, but has started to find some success since moving to the US. 
Brittney "The Bulldozer" Holloway is a strong brawler from Australia who is very new to the game, but a very impressive brawler with good mic skills. 
Danique Grant was an Olympic gymnast from Jamaica, who never medaled, but her gymnastic skills have developed very well into a high-flying moveset. 
Yumi Morimoto is the lead singer of the Japanese Rockband "Sunshine Murder Squad" who has recently taken a great interest in wrestling.  Music is still her first priority, though.

The Greenhorns

spacer.png  spacer.png

Rishi Desai is a former bodybuilder from India who has just started wrestling.  He has been able to use his great power to his advantage.

Su-yeon Kim is originally from South Korea, but moved to the US as a teen.  She just recently got into the game, but has been starting to impress.

The Amazing Goberts

spacer.png spacer.png

A French husband and wife magician team who were working in Las Vegas for quite a while, but got bored of it and decided to become pro wrestlers.

Y2K

spacer.png  spacer.png

Twin brothers Elijah and Terrence Jackson were both born on December 31, 1999 and decided to use that as their main gimmick.  Elijah is a high flyer and is a very vocal person, whereas Terrence is a strong silent type and mainly a powerhouse.

The Owner

spacer.png

Katrin Müller-Martinez founded the incredibly successful Müller Corp in Germany, before moving to the US to expand the business.  Met her husband Raul at a wrestling show and the rest is history.

The once-promising referee

spacer.png

Catalina Esperanza was once a hot prospect in wrestling, but her career was cut short due to a back injury sustained in a car accident.  Though she can't wrestle anymore, she has found a niche as a referee.

The Papa Bear

spacer.png

Papa Cranshaw is the father of The Captain and Christy Cranshaw.  He was once a wrestler himself, and had stepped away from wrestling.  He has now returned as a road agent and color commentator.

Edited by Crychon

4 hours ago, Crychon said:

After @Captain Kayfabe's post in the AI thread asking about the characters was making renders of, my wheels started turning and I decided "Eh, why not release this as an expansion?"

So here we are, after making their bios a bit more interesting and bringing back a few characters I haven't actually made in a while, I think I have everything in a pretty decent state.  I'll do shortened bios and whatnot in the next post, but I'll post the data/pictures here:

Data - https://www.mediafire.com/file/jl5svll8v79e8iq/Cranshawverse.zip/file

Pictures (GIFs) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/mcu3rodanz42qqv/People_-_GIF.zip/file

Pictures (Blue cage JPGs) - https://www.mediafire.com/file/tbvfupnn68px9xo/People_-_Cage_JPG.zip/file

Import Order (If you only want the workers, just do these in this order):

1. Moves
2, Move Sets
3. Workers
4. Worker Relationships
5. Training Facilities
6. Graduates
7. Tag Teams
8. Chemistry

If you also want the companies, do these:

9. Companies
10. Company Relationships
11. Broadcasters
12. Events
13. TV Shows
14. Broadcasting Deals
15. Titles
16. Contracts

Hopefully I got everything in the right order.  I'll showcase the workers/companies in the next post.

Also, regarding AWE in the next post, I will say that it is not intended to be a full national company, but a foundation for one, building the rest with the workers in the database.  It's very challenging at first, but fun once it gets rolling.

So I've been doing scouting reports and have been doing these new expansion packs to try to let people know about them and whats on offer to potentially enhance their core game experience and I was wondering how many bodies are we looking at here?

12 minutes ago, alpha2117 said:

So I've been doing scouting reports and have been doing these new expansion packs to try to let people know about them and whats on offer to potentially enhance their core game experience and I was wondering how many bodies are we looking at here?

It's a total of 22 workers, 3 of which are non-wrestlers.

• Like 1

Oh cool thats easy peasy and can be done in one hit.  I've got the slog that is Grindhousearts Womens & Central Asia and Willr0ck's Womens Revolution scheduled and they are large so it's a slow process but if you are happy I will scout your workers as well in a week or so and plug this expansion at the time.  When I say slog - I enjoy it but GHA's got 190 people and looking at each one and doing a write-up is time consuming.  Years back I could type all day but now I need to take breaks - I'm decrepit. 

• Like 2

I feel bad for nitpicking, but "Müeller" is not a last name that exists in German in my experience (I am German and live in Germany). Müller does, which might be what you were going for. I'm sure it doesn't matter too much to most people either way, but if you were looking for a German last name that actually exists, Müeller isn't it.

The worker pics look great and I'm looking forward to taking a good look at the database 👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nachtfalter said:

I feel bad for nitpicking, but "Müeller" is not a last name that exists in German in my experience (I am German and live in Germany). Müller does, which might be what you were going for. I'm sure it doesn't matter too much to most people either way, but if you were looking for a German last name that actually exists, Müeller isn't it.

The worker pics look great and I'm looking forward to taking a good look at the database 👍

Oops, I should probably fix that then, thanks!

Posted (edited)

Made a couple of very minor changes, it's probably not worth re-downloading if you already have, but I made the following 2 fixes:

• Per @Nachtfalter's suggestion, Katrin Müeller-Martinez is now Katrin Müller-Martinez
  • Francis and Sandra Gobert were also supposed to be part of the large first graduating class of the AWE Performance Center, they have both been added.

EDIT:  Actually, there was one other small thing I forgot to add but just did another quick upload.  Papa Cranshaw was also supposed to have the "Wrestling In The Blood" trait, I've also added that.

Edited by Crychon

Hope you understand this is meant constructively.  You probably need to nerf them a little. The numbers are sort of insanely high for too many of them.  There's a girl who would be 22 when the game starts with a stats spread that some 38 year old stars dont have in game. Very few have holes in their game or are sort of problematic people either.  When everyone feels like a star nobody does if you know what I mean.  I like a lot of these characters in concept and their bios are great but they feel a bit OP for the wider game universe.  With the other expansion packs I've been looking at there are some great workers and some terrible ones with most being somewhere in between but here everyone is really good or better sometimes way - way better.  I will totally import these people into my game because i love the character concepts but I would also then go in and tweak the data so it isn't a case of letting a bunch of alpha predators loose in a petting zoo.  Dropping Yumi Morimoto on the unsuspecting Cverse feels a bit like dropping an atomic bomb.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

Hope you understand this is meant constructively.  You probably need to nerf them a little. The numbers are sort of insanely high for too many of them.  There's a girl who would be 22 when the game starts with a stats spread that some 38 year old stars dont have in game. Very few have holes in their game or are sort of problematic people either.  When everyone feels like a star nobody does if you know what I mean.  I like a lot of these characters in concept and their bios are great but they feel a bit OP for the wider game universe.  With the other expansion packs I've been looking at there are some great workers and some terrible ones with most being somewhere in between but here everyone is really good or better sometimes way - way better.  I will totally import these people into my game because i love the character concepts but I would also then go in and tweak the data so it isn't a case of letting a bunch of alpha predators loose in a petting zoo.  Dropping Yumi Morimoto on the unsuspecting Cverse feels a bit like dropping an atomic bomb.

Oh, that's perfectly valid.  This is supposed to be the foundation for a new national company, which is typically how I enjoy playing my games.  I then fill in the rest of the company with whatever I can scrap together from free agents/thievery in the game world.  This style definitely won't be for everyone and I understand that, but I kind of enjoy starting off with a foundation and trying to do what I can to compete with the other national companies (which is very difficult in the beginning).

I enjoy playing with these characters, so I figured others might as well.  If others don't that's perfectly fine, but I figured I'd put it out there in case someone else did.

Specifically in the case of Yumi, I felt that giving her the Musician trait would at least make it so she wouldn't be available for a decent chunk of the time.  I was going back and forth between Musician and Famous Musician and maybe I should have gone with the other one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crychon said:

Oh, that's perfectly valid.  This is supposed to be the foundation for a new national company, which is typically how I enjoy playing my games.  I then fill in the rest of the company with whatever I can scrap together from free agents/thievery in the game world.  This style definitely won't be for everyone and I understand that, but I kind of enjoy starting off with a foundation and trying to do what I can to compete with the other national companies (which is very difficult in the beginning).

I enjoy playing with these characters, so I figured others might as well.  If others don't that's perfectly fine, but I figured I'd put it out there in case someone else did.

Specifically in the case of Yumi, I felt that giving her the Musician trait would at least make it so she wouldn't be available for a decent chunk of the time.  I was going back and forth between Musician and Famous Musician and maybe I should have gone with the other one.

All good and I get where you are coming from.  I'm going to still do a scouting report on them and I will mention in it that this expansion is very much designed to be a NEW High Level company and the workers reflect that and if people want these workers on their own they will probably need to Nerf them a little.  It's important to do that because as is if you dont use AEW and just bring in the workers what would likely happen is USPW will go into a feeding frenzy and gobble most of them up.    It's a bit like boxofwhispers womens mod - it's designed to be used in a certain way and if you want to use elements of it in a somewhat different way you can but you might need to tweak some stuff to not cause the game world to do some screwy stuff. 

In many ways it is good to have a shiny new toy to play at that High Level in the US.  So I like the expansion.  it's just a matter of making sure people understand thats what these people are designed for.

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 1

Small data suggestions - change Sweet Pain, The Bryant Twins and The Raving Lunatics tag teams to None rather than AEW specific otherwise they will fail to import as bringing in AEW is later in the process.  

With the Training Centre and Graduates from it - it's linked to AEW so would need to be later in the process.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alpha2117 said:

Small data suggestions - change Sweet Pain, The Bryant Twins and The Raving Lunatics tag teams to None rather than AEW specific otherwise they will fail to import as bringing in AEW is later in the process.  

With the Training Centre and Graduates from it - it's linked to AEW so would need to be later in the process.

Oops, I thought I made all of them none, but I guess I missed a few.  I also ordered things around differently with the main post.  I wasn't really sure what the exact order was supposed to be so I guessed.

That has been fixed.

My most glaring stat overlook has also been fixed.  Danique Grant, though I wanted her to be incredibly athletic, was not supposed to be freakishly powerful too, so her power has been dropped from 97 to 47.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Crychon said:

Oops, I thought I made all of them none, but I guess I missed a few.  I also ordered things around differently with the main post.  I wasn't really sure what the exact order was supposed to be so I guessed.

That has been fixed.

My most glaring stat overlook has also been fixed.  Danique Grant, though I wanted her to be incredibly athletic, was not supposed to be freakishly powerful too, so her power has been dropped from 97 to 47.

With orders if you have any doubts check out some of the other mods like Historian's, willr0cks, boxofwhispers, Blesssed, Martel, Grindhousearts they will show you in there the orders they used.  

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 7:41 AM, alpha2117 said:

As they say in The Incredibles: "If everybody is super...nobody is..." (that's roughly the quote)

Love the characters here though - especially the French magician couple.

Edited by EdJames
  • Like 2

Definitely going to give this a look both in default data and  maybe in cverse alt which is where I tend to live lol. There's a lot I like, staying at huge would be a challenge especially alongside USPW's Reverie money and I like an intergender fed, there's feds in both default data and alt that I try to push into intergender using Ashley Keith or Pariah (who in default data absolutely could perform the Tessa Blanchard TNA role as the woman so ahead of her division in perception she forced the change) as a catalyst so having that out the gate is a definite positive and gets me involved with workers I generally miss given I usually run the women's feds. I am already looking at people like Blackfyre and F.R.E.A.K. and am going to be seeing where do I fit them among the roster you've already shown us.

It does make me look at the default data more I think, the alt is amazing but it would be another fed among a more crowded market whereas this, women's revolution, maybe sheores and box of whispers to round out the female competitors would make the default data feel more like a living, breathing world

Edited by Teasenitryn
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Teasenitryn said:

Definitely going to give this a look both in default data and  maybe in cverse alt which is where I tend to live lol. There's a lot I like, staying at huge would be a challenge especially alongside USPW's Reverie money and I like an intergender fed, there's feds in both default data and alt that I try to push into intergender using Ashley Keith or Pariah (who in default data absolutely could perform the Tessa Blanchard TNA role as the woman so ahead of her division in perception she forced the change) as a catalyst so having that out the gate is a definite positive and gets me involved with workers I generally miss given I usually run the women's feds. I am already looking at people like Blackfyre and F.R.E.A.K. and am going to be seeing where do I fit them among the roster you've already shown us.

It does make me look at the default data more I think, the alt is amazing but it would be another fed among a more crowded market whereas this, women's revolution, maybe sheores and box of whispers to round out the female competitors would make the default data feel more like a living, breathing world

Yeah, I'll admit I had to basically put on bumper lanes (the editor) to keep myself huge for the first month and a half or so, because I just couldn't put on shows that were good enough.

I was able to convince Champagne Lover, Pablo Rodriguez, Sean McFly, Lobster Warrior and Bryan Vessey to come out of retirement, but out of all of them, only Champagne Lover has really been performing, and he has easily been the face of my company in the early going.  It took me a while to build enough people up to the point where people weren't immediately dismissed by crowds. Now that I've been able to build some people and make a few steals (Hollywood Bret Star and Ranger being my most effective acquisitions so far), I'm finally at the point where I can maybe start to gain popularity rather than losing it a lot.

The market is kind of crowded in the current C-Verse as well with there being a lot of big companies., and I'm getting killed by USPW/CWA in national battles, but I think I'll be reaching the point soon where things will be a bit more competitive.   

Before this I actually used a portion of this data (I didn't have all of the characters, especially prospects and the starter Road Agent and Referee)  in RWC in TEW 2020, and found that to be a fun challenge as well, where I struggled hard for a few months, but was able to start growth about a month in.

12 hours ago, EdJames said:

As they say in The Incredibles: "If everybody is super...nobody is..." (that's roughly the quote)

Love the characters here though - especially the French magician couple.

Oh the Goberts are great - love that concept.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teasenitryn said:

The expansions are great - what I have actually done is used boxofwhispers as a base - then brought in Historians women, SHEROES, Willr0cks Revolution, Martels FWP, and Grindhousearts Women & Central Asia & Box of Chocolates and a slightly nerfed version of these characters in.  I also brought in just over 20 characters from ALTCverse - partly just to unleash the BBC on unsuspecting womens promoters.  The whole ALTCverse feels a bit too crowded.    

As a heads up, I'm trying out a New AI and I'm going to create a bunch of slightly more realistic alt pics of all of the characters (as if there weren't enough already) and logos for all of the AWE events/TV shows.  These should probably be out at some point over the next few days.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Crychon said:

As a heads up, I'm trying out a New AI and I'm going to create a bunch of slightly more realistic alt pics of all of the characters (as if there weren't enough already) and logos for all of the AWE events/TV shows.  These should probably be out at some point over the next few days.

Excellent looking forward to seeing them.

It's funny every time I see Alana I just instinctively assume she is inspired by Loviatar the Finnish Goddess of Pain.

image.gif.197df195dc7710a19519d1f9ea2292ed.gif

OIP.WWa84VGctDPR2AFfGhlfngHaHa?rs=1&pid=

OIP.kfiev38qmqI-UO9jyhos_AHaJB?rs=1&pid=

Loviatar.jpg

Loviatar | Forgotten Realms Wiki | Fandom

Edited by alpha2117
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crychon said:

She was more Valkyrie inspired, but I'll add an alt more directly inspired by her in this group now!

A lot of the imagery is very similar for a lot of these Scandanavian Mythological characters.  Lovitar and Hel from Norse mythology are very similar and the Cate Blanchett look in Thor: Ragnarök sort of shows that.  

You've got Alana as primarily a heel but yeah a Valkyrie would very much fit a face gimmick for her.