Excursions not working as intended

I think there's a bug with the way excursion interact with backstage dynamics - I use them quite a lot in my game, and I've had a couple of instances where I send someone out on a two-year excursion, then after a few months they get into a backstage fight with someone, quit or get fired from the promotion, and then spend the rest of the excursion working occasional indy shows as there's no way to recall them. Is it possible to fix it so that they return to their home promotion if they become unemployed or something similar?

12 hours ago, TEOL said:

I think there's a bug with the way excursion interact with backstage dynamics - I use them quite a lot in my game, and I've had a couple of instances where I send someone out on a two-year excursion, then after a few months they get into a backstage fight with someone, quit or get fired from the promotion, and then spend the rest of the excursion working occasional indy shows as there's no way to recall them. Is it possible to fix it so that they return to their home promotion if they become unemployed or something similar?

Moved to the Suggestions forum.

I wouldn't call that a bug as it's doing exactly what it's meant to be doing - they're allowed to change companies, work the indy scene, etc, in the same way that any other worker in the game area would (i.e. they're not tied specifically to the company you dealt with). I'll consider adding in the ability to ask a worker to come back early for a future patch if I get time.

• Like 4

That would be a nice addition Adam. That way, if a worker ends up unemployed on excursion, we can call them back and figure out what to do with them instead of them just wandering around the area doing indies.

It would also be nice in cases where the user may feel the need to bring someone back earlier than intended. Though, I may suggest giving the worker some input on that. Maybe the company puts the request in to the worker to return early, and depending on how much they're working, how much they feel like they can continue to improve, and whether or not they see a fit for themselves on the roster could come into play in making the decision?