Worldwide Fame - The Masaru Ugaki Story

[CENTER][B][U]Worldwide Fame - The Masaru Ugaki Story[/U][/B] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru Ugaki walked through the curtains of Pride Glory Honor Wrestling just like he had numerous times before, but the excitement that he once had for doing so, had soon wore off. It was not that he was tired of wrestling for PGHW, he did love it here. But he wasn’t your typical Japanese wrestler with your typical Japanese dreams. He did want to be known all across Japan, he did want the fame of the likes of Yoshimi Mushashibo and Mito Miwa but he wanted to be a crossover star. He wanted to have a worldwide fame like Bryan Vessey, Larry Vessey, Buddy Gardner, or Bryan Holmes. He even envied the likes of Hell Monkey and his ultimate dream would to be as popular as Bruce the Giant. And just wrestling in PGHW wasn’t helping him achieve that dream. “What’s wrong with you? You look out of it!”[/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/YoshimiMushashibo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru Ugaki looked at his mentor Yoshimi Mushashibo who had walked up next to him. “This isn’t enough for me Yoshimi Mushashibo. I want to be famous in Japan, and I want to keep wrestling in Japan. But I want more.” “The grass always looks greener on the other side of the ocean Masaru. But there’s a reason that not that many Japanese Wrestlers have ever broken the American Market. It’s usually the other way round. The American’s don’t have much interest in Japanese Wrestling and we don’t have an SWF. But if you really want to do it, then you should try but it won’t be easy.” Just at that moment, Masaru Ugaki felt a hand on his shoulder as he turned slightly, now finding himself standing between his mentor Yoshimi Mushashibo and Bryan Holmes. [/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/BryanHolmes.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B] Bryan Holmes regularly toured in Japan, but his fame here was only just a bit higher than Masaru’s. But there was a reason that Masaru looked up to Bryan. Bryan Holmes could put a match on in Japan, Canada and the United States, and they all knew who he was. He could put on matches in all three areas and have the fans on their feet. That’s the type of fame that Masaru wanted. Masaru looked at Bryan who had his confident but friendly smile on his face, that of an experienced wrestler. “We were just talking about the American Market, and how I’m going to break it.” Bryan Holmes nodded but had a look of doubt on his face that Masaru could clearly see. Before Masaru could ask about it though, Bryan explained himself. “Look kid, the American Market is different nowadays. It’s a lot different to the Japanese Market, it’s not going to be an easy adjustment. It’s not all about the wrestling over there and the crowds are a lot louder. And you got to have a gimmick.” “I can adjust. So do you think you could have a word with Phil Vibert.” “Kid, if Phil was interested in you, you would have known already. You got to aim a bit lower.” “Well the only place lower that I know of, is USPW.” “Yeah, even lower than that! USPW has been doing well recently. Emma Chase and Freddie Datsun have been signed, not sure they’d be interested in a relatively unknown Japanese Wrestler. After all, only the real wrestling fans that watch almost everything in America will know who you are. You got to look into CZCW, NYCW and MAW. There your best bet. I’ll get in contact with them for you if you want.” “Sure, that would be great.” And the wheels were now in motion. But Masaru Ugaki didn’t really know how hard a journey he had just put himself on. [/B][/FONT] [QUOTE]Popularity in Japan: C (Across the board) Popularity in America: F (Across the board) Brawling: C- Power: C- Strong Style: B+ Hardcore: F MMA: F Mat Wrestling: B- Chain Wrestling: B Submissions: B Aerial: E Flashiness: F Microphone: B- Charisma: B- Acting: C- Looks: B+ Superstar Quality: A* Basics: B+ Psychology: B- Safety: C Consistency: A Selling: C Athleticism: B- Toughness: B- Stamina: B+ Business: F Booking: F Respect: D Intensity: B+ Stiffness: C- Resilience: A* Menace: D Refereeing: F Spirit: C [/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru Ugaki spent the rest of the next day watching tape after tape of American Wrestling, specifically CZCW, NYCW and MAW. MAW was clearly the smallest and if he could, he’d want to start at CZCW and NYCW. All though he could probably start higher up the card if he was to go to MAW. All three however had interviews and segments, not as many as SWF but that was something that Masaru Ugaki didn’t really do much, at least not in shows. They were less over the top version of WLW or SWF. Once he had watched some tapes, he went down to the gym and worked on his move set, trying to Americanise it a bit if he did get his opportunity. At first he found it rather difficult, still looking at everything he was doing in a Japanese wrestling sense. After editing his move set, he decided that it was because he was editing his move set that he had made here in Japan, that was the problem. So he started clean, making a whole new move set, and making sure he could perform every move with the trainer that was at the gym. He decided against any real high flying moves, one because it wasn’t his strength and two, he wanted to stand out in CZCW. The major parts of the day were getting his finishers sorted. His finishers for America would be different from his ones in Japan. [I]Pain Is Money – Furusawa Armbar Fall of the Haters – Fireman’s Carry into Face Crusher Hustlin Suplex – Full Nelson Suplex with a Release.[/I] He now felt more ready to take on the independent scene in the United States, and went back home happy. As soon as we walked through his door, the phone rang. He picked up and said hello in his native Japanese, to get greeted by a confused English speaking voice. “Is this Masaru Ugaki?” “Speaking!” Masaru fortunately knew how to speak English, not as well as a native, but well enough probably to cut decent promo’s. “This is Cliff Anderson. I’ve been told your looking for work here in America?” “Yes, I have.” “Well I’m willing to give you a trial. I can’t tell you when exactly we can fit you on the card right now, but I’ll be in touch.” “That’s great, can’t wait to hear from you.” The phone conversation ended and Masaru went to sleep, dreaming of American success. The next day his dreams continued as he found out that NYCW had decided to hire him too. [/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]With the dreams still active in his head over his trials in NYCW and CZCW, Masaru Ugaki headed to Kinki, Japan for PGHW King’s Road, fully expecting to fight, with a new unleashed enthusiasm. He walked into the arena and headed straight to see the card, but his face immediately dropped as he saw that his name wasn’t on the card. His shoulders slumped as he walked into the locker room. He sat down in the locker room as the participants for tonight were getting ready. As he was sitting there, a voice awoke him from his disappointment. “So I hear your trying to break America.”[/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/PRIDEKoiso.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru turned to see PRIDE Koiso standing next to him, dressed to compete. “Yeah, just got a few trials with NYCW and CZCW, nothing major yet.” “Well good luck with that, it was a dream of mine to break America but I never got round to trying it, and now I’m 29 I’m at my prime and if I ever got popular in the US, it would probably be a bit too late for me to enjoy it.” “You never know, you could break the US quickly.” “Maybe if I had an over tag team partner. So if you start succeeding, maybe I’ll follow you and rid your coattails to popularity.” The two of them laughed together as Masaru went back to noticing PRIDE Koiso was dressed to compete. “Who you got tonight?” “Bryan Holmes, the guy who contacted CZCW and NYCW for ya.” “Yeah, he’s really helped me out there. Hopefully I’ll join him in DAVE eventually.” “Not if I embarrass him tonight. He’ll have to retire I’m going to whip him so bad.” PRIDE said it in a joking manner, as far as Masaru knew; there was no bad blood between PRIDE and Bryan. The two shook hands as PRIDE excused himself to go compete. Later that night, after PRIDE Koiso had defeated for the PGHW Historical Japan Title, PRIDE invited Masaru out to celebrate with him and some of his friends. Lots of Sake was drunk, and to be honest, Masaru didn’t remember much but he woke up the next day with a splitting headache and the Historical Japan title in bed with him. How he didn’t know, but PRIDE seemed to find it funny. [/B][/FONT] [QUOTE]Friendship Relationship with PRIDE Koiso![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]A boring week, of nothing but training! Masaru was itching for a match, but he was to be disappointed again, as he turned up for PGHW King’s Road and for the second week running he had no match. So Masaru thought he’d talk to one of the cross over stars he was trying to emulate. “Hey Larry, how you doing?”[/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/LarryVessey.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Larry Vessey smiled, as he was packing his bag. “Not to bad, just heading home as I haven’t been booked.” “Yeah, I’ve not been booked either. Starting to wonder if the bookers aren’t happy with my attempt at breaking the US Market!” “Well two shows missed in a row, it’s a possibility.” That caught Masaru off guard slightly as he wondered if he had pissed off the PGHW booking committee. “Hey kid, if they like it or not, go for it. Don’t let them dictate your career. I look forward to seeing you on US TV as well as my Japanese Channels!” Larry then left Masaru as he went home. [/B][/FONT] [QUOTE]Friendship Relationship with Larry Vessey![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]The first dilemma brought up by the attempt to break the American market, turned up when Masaru found out that same night, as before leaving the arena, he was caught by a member of staff, who told him that PGHW was booking him for their PPV the next day. However he had a match against Sammy Shark in NYCW the same night, and had to make a quick decision their and then. Risk pissing of PGHW even more or miss his chance of working for NYCW. He decided that he couldn’t risk not getting the NYCW gig, as it was in the same area as DAVE so he told the staff member he couldn’t make it and got on the first plan to New York. He arrived and slept through the day, waking up to warm up and head to the arena to find out he was facing Sammy Shark. He went into the back and was immediately greeted by the smile of Emma Chase, who he recognised from a few tapes of DAVE he had watched.[/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/EmmaChase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]She greeted him and took him to the men’s locker room, saying she was excited to meet him and see what he could do in NYCW. He didn’t know if she liked him, but he certainly took a liking to her. How couldn’t you when she was so welcoming and attractive. Hopefully he’d impress her tonight, seeing as she had just signed with SWF and was working for DAVE too. In the locker room, Masaru saw a familiar face in Lee Wright, but Lee Wright seemed to not be interested in the fact Masaru was here at all. Shame seeing as he was the only person in the locker room that he could have a good conversation with, without any language barrier! As the event started, Masaru’s nerves were at an all time high. They were about as high as when he first started wrestling. As he went to the entrance way, he took one last breath as “Hustlin” started to play around the arena, and he stepped out for the first time in front of an American Crowd.[/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/SammyTheShark.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Sammy The Shark vs. Masaru Ugaki[/B] [I]Non-title Singles Match[/I] [B]Masaru started the match with a Arm Wringer, planning to follow it up with an Elbow strike, but Sammy Shark reversed that into a couple of punches, seemingly have scouted the move. A Kick to the Gut was followed by an attempt at a Side Headlock Takedown, but Masaru came back with a Forearm Strike after slipping out of the move. An Elbow Strike to follow up was shrugged off as Sammy Shark went on the attack. Sammy The Shark controlled the match for awhile, before missing an attempted Splash. Some mat wrestling followed as Masaru kept Sammy down, until Sammy the Shark came back on the attack. Masaru was soon in trouble as Sammy the Shark started to hit some big hitting moves, like the Running Knee Strike and a Splash, with little answer from Masaru. However a Stunning Face Crusher was avoided by Masaru. Masaru soon followed with a combination of hard hitting blows that had a strong style influence as he got the momentum on his side. A Back Suplex throw really showed that Masaru was on fire as he seemed to have victory just a few moves away. Attempts by Sammy The Shark to fight back were thwarted as Masaru hit a Japanese Brainbuster and then a Ugaki Throat Crush, one of his signature moves from Japan that came as pure instincts. A Capture Suplex would soon be followed by an attempt to finish the match but Sammy The Shark wouldn’t allow this, whipping Sammy to the corner and hitting him with a Running Clothesline. However a Vertical Suplex attempt by Sammy The Shark was reversed into a Face Crusher which got the fans on their feet. However the pin attempt was kicked out at two and a half, much to the surprise of Masaru Ugaki and the crowd. However the move had effected Sammy The Shark, as Masaru picked up Sammy The Shark and hit him with the Fall of The Haters. That was enough for the win as the crowd applauded the wrestlers as Masaru Ugaki celebrated his first victory in America. Sammy The Shark got up to shake Ugaki’s hand for a great match, but Masaru Ugaki looked at him in disgust and walked out of the ring. [/B][/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Winner:[/B] Masaru Ugaki [B]Time:[/B] 12:30 [B]Rating:[/B] B- [/FONT] [FONT="Garamond"][B]After the match Emma Chase came up to me to tell me that she was sent to tell me that I had got a spot on the NYCW roster, as a Lower Midcarder. I was over the moon, but then Emma Chase told me that she was leaving NYCW and DAVE for SWF. That put a small downer on it, until Emma Chase gave him her phone number, and told him to call her some time, putting the smile right back on his face. That and realizing he had a friend in SWF. Masaru Ugaki called up PRIDE Koiso later that night to see how he did in his title defence, to find that he had won, much to both of theirs pleasure as PRIDE found out that Masaru won his first match in NYCW. They talked on the phone for hours before finally hanging up. Other News:[/B] • Joey Minnesota defeated Grandmaster Phunk to retain the NYCW Empire Title • American Made Men defeated Massive Problem to retain the NYCW Tag Team Titles • Noriyori Sanda defeated Washi Heat to retain the PGHW International Title • PRIDE Koiso defeated Shuji Inukai to retain the PGHW Historical Japan Title • Team Toronto defeated Bryan Vessey & Dread to retain the PGHW Glory Tag Crown Titles. [/FONT] [QUOTE]Friendship Relationship with Emma Chase Strong Friendship Relationship with PRIDE Koiso [/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru Ugaki flew back to Japan and continued to train, waiting for PGHW King’s Road, not expecting to be booked, especially after picking NYCW over PGHW. However when he turned up, he almost fainted when he saw the card. He had been booked, but more importantly, it was against Noriyori Sanda and it was for the PGHW International Title. Masaru Ugaki quickly went to the back and started to prepare. He kept himself to himself, preparing as seriously as he could for this match up, not talking to anyone apart from a quick few words with PRIDE Koiso, but nothing major as PRIDE could see how much he needed to focus on his up and coming match. This was perhaps the biggest match of his career, after all he had never had a title in his career, and being able to go to NYCW or CZCW with a title would help boost his career there. For the second time in a week, he felt as nervous as he did for his first match. [/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/NoriyoriSanda.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Noriyora Sanda vs. Masaru Ugaki[/B] PGHW International Title Match [B]Noriyora Sanda is one of the best youngsters in Japan at the moment as his International Title match proved. He immediately took control of the match by Slap Kicking Masaru Ugaki followed by a Rolling Wheel Kick then a Seated Back Kick. However Masaru Ugaki managed to slow down the Champion with some vicious strikes and some chain wrestling which got an applause from the crowd followed by a Russian Legsweep! However Noriyora Sanda wouldn’t take this for too long, as he fought back, and the match went back and forth for a good amount of time. However the majority of offence came from the champion. However after some big impact moves from Noriyora, Masaru started to make a comeback! Matt Wrestling followed by more of his trademark strikes saw the momentum switch. However a Japanese Brainbuster saw Noriyora make an attempted comeback. Spinning Headscissors and a Corkscrew Legdrop seemed to signal Noriyora taking back control. However Masaru would not give up as he kept attempting to fight back, as the match went back and forth for a good couple of minutes, with some brilliant reversals. However a Dynamito Avalanche soon got the match back in Noriyora’s favour. A Flying Boddy Press would follow and get a close 2 count. Noriyora attempted a Full Body Powerbomb but Masaru fell on top and caught Noriyora completely off guard, as Noriyora only just managed to kick out. Another Body Press by Noriyora got another close count as the crowd didn’t know who would win. Slingshot Moonsault and Noriyora looked favourite as another close pinfall occurred. However Masaru seemed to get a second win and with perhaps his last chance to fight back, he really took it to Noriyora. A Japanese Brainbuster, then a Ugaki Choke Takedown seemed to suggest the title may change hands. However Noriyora seemed to be very elusive as he kept avoiding the finishers and big moves of Ugaki. Then a Japanese Power DDT was hit and Noriyora came close again. A full body powerbomb would signal the end eventually, as Noriyora picked up the victory.[/B] [/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Winner:[/B] Noriyora Sanda [B]Time: [/B]33:10 [B]Rating:[/B] B- [B]Masaru went home dejected that night, not talking to anyone, as he really had high hopes of capturing the PGHW International Title.[/B] [/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]Back over to the United States he went, after another PGHW show were he wasn’t booked, after losing to Noriyora. He went to the South West for his CZCW show, hoping that his American fortunes would be better than his Japanese ones were. He turned up at the arena and found that he was facing Matt Sparrow, a Main Eventer in CZCW. A big first match to be given! If he won he’d thank Cliff Anderson later. As he walked into the Locker Room, which he had to find for himself, he was soon approached by Remmy Skye. [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/RemmySkye.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Remmy seemed to be a fan as he came up and shook Masaru’s hand, welcoming him to CZCW. After feeling like he was welcome, he sat down and taped up, ready for his second match in America. [/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MattSparrow.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG] [B][FONT="Garamond"]Matt Sparrow vs. Masaru Ugaki [/B]Non Title Singles Match [B]Matt Sparrow was keen to teach Masaru Ugaki how hard the United States wrestling scene was, but was a bit too eager as Masaru Ugaki ducked the attempted fist to the face. After a trade of blows, Ugaki got the upper hand, taking it to Matt Sparrow as he beat him down to the mat. Once he was down, a few rest holds and more beat down was applied by Ugaki as the momentum was clearly in his favour. A Discus Clothesline almost took off Matt Sparrow’s head. A Side Explosion Suplex was followed by a pinfall attempt but Matt Sparrow kicked out at two. Matt Sparrow followed up by reversing into a School Boy but Masaru showed his dominance by kicking out at one. A Ugaki Throat Crush was followed by another pinfall attempt which was kicked out at 2, then a Japanese Brainbuster which also got a two count. The crowd started getting on Masaru Ugaki, trying to stop his dominance as Masaru played up to it. He hit a Canadian Backbreaker Hold, which he had copied from the Stones, then hit a Spinebuster for another close pinfall attempt. Masaru called for the end of the match, as he set up Matt Sparrow for the Hustlin Suplex, and hits it on his first attempt to debut the move. The match was over after that as Masaru Ugaki picked up the win. The crowd however boo, as the match was neither a classic contest between athletes or gave the result they wished. Masaru Ugaki just flipped them off as he went to the back, happy with a victory. [/FONT][/B][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Winner:[/B] Masaru Ugaki [B]Time:[/B] 9:00 [B]Rating:[/B] D [/FONT] [B][FONT="Garamond"][CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/BeachBabeBunnie.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] After the match in the back, Beach Babe Bunnie approached him to tell him that he had the gig and that he was going to start as an opener. Masaru wondered if every promotion sent their hottest women to tell new guys their position as the two struck up a conversation before they headed their separate ways. Other News: [/B]• Fox Mask defeated Plague to retain the Coastal Zone Championship Title. • Frankie Perez defeated Jeremiah Moose to retain the Coastal Zone Xtreme Title. • Air Force 1 defeated E.M.M. Moe & Remmy Skye to retain the Coastal Zone Tag Team Titles. [/FONT] [QUOTE]Friendship with Remmy Skye Friendship with Beach Babe Bunnie [/QUOTE]

Thanks, first reply from the game maker himself, lol! Already got more written up than I have posted here, just my brother has suddenly taken a liking to the game, so posts will be slower but they'll be coming. Hopefully I'll keep this up because I'm having fun with it, and I got to keep it going till you do sticky Wrespi Diaries.

[FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru Ugaki was on a high again, as he had dominated the main eventer of CZCW, Matt Sparrow on his turf. He came back to Japan, not sure if he was going to be booked, hoping that he had a rematch for the International Title, but instead found that all though he didn’t, at least he had a match up, against one of the stars he wanted to emulate, Bryan Holmes. Masaru approached Bryan Holmes before the match, to wish him luck. Bryan Holmes seemed eager to fight Masaru, looking forward to the challenge, which Masaru wasn’t sure bowed well for him, as he needed a victory to pick up his momentum. [/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/BryanHolmes.jpg[/IMG] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru Ugaki vs. Bryan Holmes[/B] Non Title Singles Match [B]Masaru tried to start with the momentum on his side, but Bryan Holmes soon took control like a seasoned veteran as he took the match down to the mat, controlling the pace and keeping Masaru from his feet. Masaru’s attempt at fighting back lasted for awhile but was soon cut off by Bryan Holmes again. Seated Dropkicks and submission after submission saw him completely control the match. But eventually Masaru would start a comeback, hitting with his trademark strikes. The momentum was starting to shift as Masaru hit strike after strike. Then he applied the pressure with some rest holds to hurt and slow down Bryan Holmes before hitting a Ugaki Arc Kick out of nowhere, sending Bryan Holmes down to the mat. That picked up a two count as Masaru stayed on the attack. A Ugaki Choke Takedown followed with another two count. However Bryan Holmes mounted an attempted comeback with a Triple Kick Combo and went for it all with a failed Slingshot Senton Bomb. After that though he managed a Cradle pin attempt for a 2! However Masaru would get it back under control with a Japanese Brainbuster. However an attempted repeat would be reversed into a Cradle and a two count. An S.T.O from the corner got another two count for Bryan Holmes as he could taste victory. An attempted a Canadian Kiss but it was avoided by Masaru. The match was back and fourth from this point on, no competitor getting the upper hand, all though Bryan Holmes missed another Canadian Kiss. However a move from earlier, the Ugaki Choke Takedown was reversed into a Final Impact, but then Masaru somehow managed to kick out at 2 and a half. This got Bryan Holmes down as Masaru hit the Japanese Power DDT. A 2 and a half count again this time with Bryan Holmes kicking out. Then, out of nowhere as Masaru tried the Inverted Sleeper, Bryan Holmes hits the Canadian Kiss and picked up the hard thought victory.[/B][/FONT][/CENTER] [FONT="Garamond"][B]Winner:[/B] Bryan Holmes [B]Time:[/B] 28:20 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [B]Masaru Ugaki couldn’t believe the difference in his luck here in Japan and over the Pacific in United States. Twice he had come so close, just to have victory snapped away from him. Depressed again, he went straight home to dwell over his failure.[/B][/FONT] [QUOTE]Friendship with Bryan Holmes[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]Having not been booked at the PGHW King’s Road event, Masaru Ugaki turned up at PGHW Night Of HONOUR not expecting much. He however turned up and found himself booked in another title match, this time for the PGHW International Tag Team Championship. Masayuki Shiga was Masaru Ugaki’s partner to face the PGHW International Tag Team Champions, Team Youth Sprint (PRIDE Koiso & Kozue Kawashima.) He wasn’t keen on taking a title away from his friend, but PRIDE had the tag titles and the Historical title, and his partner also had the International Title now, so it wasn’t like they would be left goldless. All though, he would have preferred another partner, Masayuki was good at putting on entertaining matches, but he wasn’t exactly the same type of wrestler that Masaru was, he was old and he wasn’t exactly on a good run of momentum, but neither was Masaru. But gold is gold. [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/KozueKawashima.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/PRIDEKoiso.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasayukiShiga.jpg[/IMG] Team Youth Sprint vs. Masaru Ugaki & Masayuki Shiga [/B]PGHW International Tag Team Title Match [B]PRIDE Koiso and Masayuki Shiga started the match, and PRIDE Koiso after the initially exchange took advantage, wrestling Masayuki down to the mat and taking control of the seasoned veteran like he was an upstart rookie. It looked all to easy for awhile, as PRIDE got ****y, until Masayuki slipped out of an armbar. Masayuki tried to slow it down, but PRIDE Wouldn’t allow him as he continued to attack, stopping the veteran from fighting the match at his pace. Masayuki was soon seen holding his shoulder as it was clear that PRIDE had picked up on an old injury that Masayuki had. Eventually however Masayuki showed his understanding of the wrestling game and started to make a comeback. A Russian Legsweep was followed by a one count as Masayuki went back to trying to wake up his right shoulder. Then a Japanese Backdrop Suplex would get PRIDE back in command. Again Masayuki tried to slow it down. With the momentum shifting to Masayuki’s advantage, Masayuki started to strike away at PRIDE Koiso. PRIDE tagged out to Kozue who hit his K-Kick out of nowhere. Kozue went to school on Masayuki, and Masayuki struggled but managed to get a tag. The two fresh men went at it, trading blows and holds, neither being able to get an advantage over the other. Eventually Masaru Ugaki took control though ,and started to strike away at Kozue, something he was doing regularly nowadays. Masaru drove Kozue back into the Turnbuckle with a Hammerlock Drive as he used a repeated Shoulder ram on him whilst in the corner. He took him down to the mat and put him in submission after submission, showing of some mat wrestling, finally locking in a Single Leg Boston Crab. The momentum was clearly on his side and he could feel it. All though at times it looked like Kozue would fight back, Masaru kept him at bay. Ugaki’s Arc Kick and Japanese Brainbuster would follow, as Kozue could sense he was in trouble and was trying to tag in his partner. But Masaru kept him from his corner, with a determination that was greater than had been seen in him before. A Japanese Power DDT almost picked up the victory, as Masaru hit the mat after Kozue kicked out. He knew that if PRIDE was tagged in, it wouldn’t be good for his and his partner’s chances. He wanted to put the match away now if he could. Masaru stalked Kozue and hit the Face Crusher on him and quickly followed up with a pin. You could see the relief and joy on his face as the ref counted to three. [/CENTER] Winner: [/B]Masaru Ugaki & Masayuki Shiga. [B]Time: [/B]25:00 [B]Rating: [/B]E [B]The two celebrated in the ring with their titles before Masaru went backstage to find PRIDE Koiso, to make sure they were still cool, which it turned out they were. PRIDE even offered to go out celebrating with Masaru, but Masaru had a plane to catch.[/B][/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]Things were going well for Masaru Ugaki as he had hopefully turned around his bad fortune in PGHW. With the tag team title now over his shoulder, he planned to take it to the United States so he could walk into the NYCW show with a title slung over his shoulder to help his hype. He just hoped that NYCW commentary wouldn’t mention the tag team name that he and Masayuki Shiga had been given by PGHW. The Omega Men didn’t exactly shout out as a tag team name to him for the two, but he was just happy to have a title. He turned up at NYCW to compete and he wasn’t disappointed, finding out he was facing Nevada Nuclear in a 2/3 Falls match. A middleweight like Masaru, Masaru wasn’t to worried, as he was getting ****ier in the United States with his two victories so far. Nevada wasn’t as technically sound as Masaru, and would have to out brawl or fly the “Japanese Hustler” Masaru Ugaki. Masaru got ready backstage, and pretty much kept himself to himself, apart from a run in with Grandmaster Phunk, the NYCW Tri-State Regional Champion. Nothing was said, they just bumped into each other whilst Ugaki was on his way to the ring, before slinging the PGHW International Tag Team Title over his shoulder and stepping out as his music played.[/B] [CENTER][B]NYCW Gang Wars[/B] Saturday, Week 2, July 2006 in Tri State USA [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/NevadaNuclear.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG] [B]“The Radioactive Wrestling Machine” Nevada Nuclear vs. “The Japanese Hustler” Masaru Ugaki[/B] 2/3 Falls Match [B]Nevada Nuclear caught Masaru of guard completely, hitting a Running Clothesline from the start, taking down Masaru Ugaki, as he jumped back up to his feet to be taken down with the same move, before feeling Nevada’s hands around his throat in a choke hold. The ref counted to five and tore Nevada off Masaru as Masaru held his throat, looking quiet surprised. Nevada then went to beating down on Masaru as he was down with stomps, legdrops and anything else he could think of. Nevada then picked him up, to hit him with the Radiation Blast. The momentum was clearly on Nevada’s side as he attempted a pinfall, which was kicked out at two. A Front Slam followed, but Masaru managed to slip out of the Mounted Forearm Flurry. Ugaki slowed it down with a Arm Wringer, trying to bring a halt to Nevada’s onslaught before hitting a Palm Slap to the face of Nevada, staggering him on his feet, which allowed Masaru to hit a Snap Suplex. With Nevada down, a Front Facelock was applied with him on the mat, as Nevada drove his knees into the shoulders and skull of Nevada Nuclear. Masaru was clearly now out wrestling Nevada, as every attempted escape, would find Masaru reversing the move that would follow. A highlight of this was Masaru falling on another attempt at the Radiation Blast. Masaru then brought out a move from the PGHW playbook, hitting a Head Drop Suplex and then a Double Underhook Suplex, but only got a one count. The Japanese Hustler then went for the Fisherman Suplex, but it was reversed, as Nevada Slipped out, went for a clothesline which Masaru ducked, and turned around into another Palm Slap, and then felt the Fisherman Suplex he thought he had avoided. Nevada kicked out after two as Masaru was clearly fired up. A Fisherman Carry Neckbreaker followed, and got a 2 and a half count as Masaru slapped the mat in frustration. Masaru went to finish it but Nevada got a second wind, and hit a Fallout Suplex and then a Seated Knuckle Punches, quickly stopping Masaru’s dominance. However Masaru was to aware and quick, and avoided a three point stance. Masaru struck Nevada with Forearms and Chops, wearing him down to stop his comeback but Nevada still hit a powerbomb which Masaru kicked out of at two. Nevada charged Masaru after that, only to get hit with an S.T.O. Nevada kicked out at two but Masaru pulled his thumb across his throat as he picked up Nevada. He went for what looked like a DDT, but Nevada slipped out as the fans were clearly behind Nevada now, willing him to make a comeback. Nevada jumped up onto the ropes, only for Masaru to shake them. Masaru then climbed up to join him and hit a superplex which got Masaru another 2 count. Nevada tried to come back again, and got Masaru down and climbed the ropes again, this time hitting a Flying Clothesline on Masaru which got Nevada a two count, as the fans were standing now, cheering on Nevada. Nevada tried to send Masaru into the turnbuckle, but the referee gets knocked down in the process when Masaru reverses and sends Nevada into the corner where the referee is. When Masaru charges in to hit Nevada in the corner, Nevada moves, goes against the ropes and comes back with a Corner Clothesline. Masaru crumbles to the mat and Nevada hits a Big Legdrop, but there’s no referee to make the count. Another Flying Clothesline and Nevada could feel the tide turning as he acknowledged the fans. However this was a mistake as Masaru jumped to his feet and when Nevada turned around, got hit with a Belly to Belly Suplex. But Once again there was no ref to make the count. The two were clearly tiring now as Masaru took some time to catch his breath. He then beat down Nevada with Elbow drops and submissions, using the moves to help him catch his breath whilst hurting Nevada. Picking him up, he hit a Discus Clothesline. He then revived the ref and went for a DDT like move again, just for Nevada to slip out one more time. Nevada would go for a Double Arm DDT, but was pushed against the ropes and on his way back, locked into a DDT. Masaru drove Nevada’s head into the mat but didn’t release the Front Facelock, wrapping his legs around the waist of Nevada, and started to choke him out in his Killer DDT move. The referee checked Nevada, but Nevada soon tapped out as the referee called for the bell. Masaru rubbed his neck, seemingly in pain as he looked at the prone body of Nevada, before smiling. He picked up Nevada and placed him in the corner, just to find Nevada spring to life and put him in the corner. Nevada hit a Corner Clothesline and then a Headbutt to the Groin. A Big Leg Drop and Second Rope Knee Drop followed but Nevada would take time to hold his neck also, clearly in pain. Nevada then picked up Masaru and hit a Full Nelson Butt Bomb and a Fallout Suplex as the fans got behind him. However after moving out of the way of a splash, Masaru took it down a notch, slowing the pace down and slowly getting the momentum back on his side with rest holds and then strikes. Masaru hits a Capture Suplex to really show his dominance as attempted a Figure Four Stranglehold but Nevada powered out. When Nevada got up to fight back however, out of nowhere Masaru takes him down and locks in the Pain Is Money (Furusawa Armbar) and gets the submission win, as he relax’s and collapses on the mat. The fans applauded the wrestlers for a great match as Masaru got to his feet and celebrated, but stopped when he noticed Grandmaster Phunk at the entranceway, clapping his hands, with Willow by his side. Masaru stared at Grandmaster Phunk, but Phunk just stopped clapping after awhile and headed into the back. [/CENTER] Winner:[/B] Masaru Ugaki [B]Time:[/B] 19:40 [B]Rating:[/B] B+ [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/DannyBBling.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/Whistler.jpg[/IMG] [B]Grandmaster Phunk vs. Whistler[/B] NYCW Empire Title Match [B]Later that night, Grandmaster Phunk was facing off against Whistler for the NYCW Empire Title. Grandmaster Phunk had control of the match for most of the time, but Whistler soon started to make a comeback. When it looked like Whistler was about to win the match, Lee Wright ran down, only to get hit with a Rebel Yell. The crowd was on their feet as Grandmaster Phunk got up and Whistler set him up for the Rebel Yell as well, and erupted when it hit as Whistler made the cover and picked up the three count. Whilst Whistler was being handed the title, Lee Wright rolled back in and Whistler and Lee Wright exchanged blows, long enough for Grandmaster Phunk to recover, and soon a stand off was in effect, as Whistler was staring at Lee Wright and Grandmaster Phunk. Then Masaru Ugaki came running down and slid into the ring, standing next to Whistler as the fans cheered. Masaru was mouthing off to Grandmaster Phunk, even giving him a clap like Grandmaster had given him earlier as the stare down continued, everybody waiting for someone else to make the first move. However when Whistler moved forward, that’s when Masaru grabbed him in a Full Nelson and hit the Hustlin Suplex, much to the disapproval of the crowd as they started to boo loudly, throwing what seemed to be toilet paper in the ring to visually display it. The three men stood over Whistler with grins on their faces, holding up each others hands before leaving the ring.[/CENTER] Other News[/B] • Masaru Ugaki raised in popularity in the Tri State area to E! • Steve Flash defeated Lee Wright • Whistler defeated Grandmaster Phunk to win the NYCW Empire Title[/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru walked into the PGHW King’s Road event, with his PGHW International Tag Team title, fully expecting to have to defend it, and mentally prepared too. But when he heard the card, he couldn’t help but have a smile appear on his face as he got to face Kozue Kawashima in singles competition, for his PGHW International Title. This was a great opportunity, to gain the title that Noriyora Sanda had prevented him for winning. Once again, he tried to fully prepare for it, not talking to anyone, seeing as he didn’t see any of his friends in the back before his match. He stood in front of the entrance way and waited to enter the arena, hoping to add another title to the one he had around his waist. [CENTER]PGHW: The King’s Road[/B] Thursday, Week 3, July 2006 in Kinki (Japan) [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/KozueKawashima.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG] [B]Kozue Kawashima vs. Masaru Ugaki[/B] PGHW International Title Match [B]Masaru Ugaki was ready for strikes galore, as Kozue was known for them and Ugaki knew that in this match, he wasn’t likely to out brawl Kozue. But Kozue must have sensed this and went for a Single Leg Trip from the get go, catching Masaru off guard. However he wasn’t successful in mat wrestling with Masaru as Masaru simply out classed him on the mat, slipping out of any move that Kozue tried to lock in. So Kozue went to what he knew, hitting Masaru with a Kitzon Chop, only to get one right back. In fact, Masaru Ugaki showed that he might not be as good at it, but he was not a slouch in the brawling department, hitting chop after chop, causing Kozue to real against the ropes. Masaru then threw Kozue against the ropes and hit a backbreaker on Kozue Kawashima, before Face Rubbing him, being warned by the ref that it was an illegal move, but Masaru only really did it to get in Kozue’s head, not really putting much force into it. Masaru went against the ropes but Kozue got back to his feet and hit a Forearm strike on the returning Masaru, as he then Slapped Masaru across the face in a gesture back, followed by an Elbow strike, as he tried to brawl his way into a good run of momentum. This was followed by a Side Headlock Takedown and more attempts of mat wrestling, this time being more successful as the momentum switched. Eventually however, a Single Leg Boston Crab was rolled out of as Masaru got back to his feet, hitting Kozue with a Japanese Binta and attempting a backslide which only got a one count. In desperation to change the momentum which had put Kozue clearly in control, Masaru attempted the Ugaki Choke Takedown but it was reversed beautiful into the K-Kick, one of the best looking dropkicks in the world. However another attempt at it would be avoided and a Double Underhook Suplex would buy Masaru some time and give him an opportunity to get back into the match. Knees to the skull of Kozue dazed Kozue on the mat for awhile, as Masaru took another breather. The match went back and forth for awhile, Kozue still probably better of, especially after hitting his K-Kick again. However Kozue’s mat game was clearly not at Masaru’s level, as a Mounted Elbow Smashes was easily slipped out of. A Ugaki Arc Kick hit in desperation as Masaru was valiantly trying to mount a serious offence. His offence before hand being short bursts that were soon stopped by Kozue! A collection of moves hitting helped him out, as a Ugaki Arc Kick, Forearms, Headbutts, Rest Holds and then a High Knee got the momentum finally on Ugaki’s side. However Kozue would go back to his favourite move, the K-Kick to try and get back in control. Kozue attempted a Scorpion Deathlock but it failed as Masaru broke the hold and slowly got to his feet. A Forearm was followed by a Japanese Brainbuster then a Slingshot Suplex as Masaru roared out to the crowd, feeling the momentum shift in his favour. A Slit Throat Motion would proceed an attempted Seated Front Choke Sleeper but it failed, and Masaru was hit with a S.T.O as Kozue now was hitting desperation moves. Another attempt at a Scorpion deathlock was broken and another Japanese Brainbuster hit. Masaru then placed Kozue on a top turnbuckle, and then hit a Suicide-A-Plex. The pinfall got a 2 and a half count as Masaru hit the mat and got up to his feet, begging Kozue to get up to his feet. He positioned him and hit the Killer DDT, locking it in tightly as he screamed out, putting as much into the hold as he could. The referee eventually had no choice but to call for the bell, even though Kozue never officially taped, as Kozue passed out from the pain.[/CENTER] Winner:[/B] Masaru Ugaki [B]Time: [/B]18:30 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [CENTER][B]Masaru Ugaki celebrated in the ring with his PGHW International Title as he went to the corner and held up his two titles to the crowd. The same night, PRIDE Koiso defeated Byran Vessey to retain his title, as the two friends greeted each other backstage, commenting on all the gold. PRIDE and Masaru would go out for drinks that night as Masaru wasn’t booked for any even in the US for awhile, and PRIDE even asked how he was doing, which Masaru was glad to tell. Masaru also set up PRIDE to get slaughtered this time, enough so he hopefully wouldn’t remember the night before, and left his titles with PRIDE, laughing when PRIDE called the next day apologizing.[/CENTER] Other News:[/B] • Nobuatsu Tatsuko defeated Yoshimi Mashashibo • PRIDE Koiso defeated Bryan Vessey to retain the PGHW Historical Japan Title[/FONT]

[B]The Chance for payback would be presented to Masaru Ugaki when he returned to PGHW: The King’s Road as he was scheduled to defend his half of the PGHW International Tag Team Titles with his partner Masayuki Shiga. All though he wasn’t that keen on the whole tag team idea, or his partner, the fact was he didn’t plan on being a transitional champion and he didn’t plan on ruining his run of victories. The opponents would include one of them men that beat him in singles competition, Bryan Holmes, teaming up with someone he was getting very familiar with, Kozue Kawashima. Title defence meant he needed to concentrate and only talked with his Omega Man partner before they walked out to defend their titles.[/B] [CENTER][B]PGHW: The King’s Road[/B] Thursday, Week 4, July 2006 in Kyushu (Japan) [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasayukiShiga.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/BryanHolmes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/KozueKawashima.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Omega Men vs. Bryan Holmes & Kozue Kawashima[/B] PGHW International Tag Team Titles [B]Masaru wanted to start, but Masayuki made sure that he was the one to start in the ring, seemingly wanting to prove himself after some had said that Masaru had won the tag team titles and carried him. He would start off against Bryan Holmes. Masayuki beat Bryan to the punch, or should I say Elbow as he hit three repeated Elbow Strikes to Bryan Holmes before a Forearm Strike and then locking in a Side Headlock. He then hit a Bodyslam and tagged in his partner, Masaru as they hit a Tag Fist Drop, the team work already a lot better than had been the night they won the titles. With Holmes down, Masaru showed his mat wrestling abilites, and even the technician Bryan Holmes couldn’t stop him, as rest holds were applied, slowly wearing down Bryan. The tactic seemed to be, to keep Masayuki fresh as much as possible because of his age. However when Masaru tried to tag in his partner, Byan Holmes started to fight back but was soon stopped by a Forearm Uppercut as Masayuki was tagged in. A Tag Back Suplex failed as Bryan Holmes slipped out. Holmes hit a drop kick on Masayuki but instead of tagging out, tried to work on Masayuki, who slipped out of an Elbow to Knee and then hit an Arc Kick. Bryan would then reverse a Seated Back Kick into a Legsweep Kick skilfully and got the tag to Kozue who was fresh. However once Masayuki escaped a hold, he nonchalantly walked over to Masaru and tagged him in, almost as if to say, we know we can take you, because Masaru has your number. Masaru stepped in with a smile on his face as the anticipation built in the silent arena. Kozue struck first with a Forearm Strike then a Side Headlock, but a Side Headlock Takedown would fail. A Snap Mare would allow Masaru to do what he did to Bryan, and out wrestle Kozue on the mat. However Kozue would try and succeed to just strike his way out of it, and attempt to shift the momentum his way. But Kozue’s mistake was to try and mat wrestling, something he doesn’t seem to be learning from as he was schooled once again by Masaru before slapped in the face by the arrogant youngster. When Masaru finally brought it back to the two of them on their feet, it was only to send Kozue down with a Ugaki Arc Kick. He then picked up Kozue and tagged in Masayuki. Kozue wouldn’t allow it though, whipping Masaru into his teams corner and going to town on Masaru with strike after strike, looking like he wanted to murder the kid. It got so bad, that when Masaru could escape, he dived to tag in Masayuki but Kozue cut him off yet again, cornering him away from his partner well. Numerous times it seemed like Masaru would get to his corner, but he failed numerous times as Kozue wouldn’t relent. He then tagged in Bryan Holmes who tried to finish it with a cradle but got a one count. Bryan Holmes had also seemed to learn how to combat Masaru, hitting impact moves like Back Suplex’s and strikes with Leg Lariats and Seated Back Dropkicks. It was clear Masaru now needed the tag desperately as he held his neck in pain and was breathing with difficulty. He eventually got it, seemingly in the nick of time as Holmes was signalling for a finish. Masaru would only help Masayuki with a Tag Suplex before crumbling in their corner. Masayuki went to school with kicks on Bryan Holmes, the fresh man clearly at an advantage. Japanese Brainbuster, Triple Forearm Blow and an Arc Kick got the momentum clearly in Masayuki’s favour as he was proving himself as a partner here tonight. However when Masayuki was whipped into the ropes, Masaru hit the blind tag and jumped into the ring. Why is unknown, because he clearly wasn’t in the shape that Masayuki was in at this stage, and Masayuki seemed to have everything under control. Masaru missed the first move he tried, as Bryan Holmes took advantage of what seemed like a rookie mistake. Bryan Holmes hit a Slingshot Moonsault and covered but Masaru kicked out at the last millisecond. However he wouldn’t avoid the Canadian Kiss and Bryan Holmes made the cover for the three count.[/B][/CENTER] [B]Winners:[/B] Bryan Holmes and Kozue Kawashima [B]Time:[/B] 19:50 [B]Rating:[/B] C- [B]Masaru slowly got to his feet after the new champions had left the ring as Masayuki walked up to the rookie and helped him up to his feet. Masayuki could be seen asking Masaru why he did what he did, but Masaru brushed him off and headed to the back. Other News:[/B] • MAW Rise To Small • MAW Gain New TV Show – MAW Television

[QUOTE]OOC: Unfortunately my Masaru Ugaki game has been deleted by my brother, because I had two Masaru Ugaki games, and he thought that was a mistake, and deleted the one I was using for the diary. So I’m going to cover everything I’ve done in my Masaru game which I was playing for fun, and then continue the diary from there, seeing as I went at this game with pretty much the same goal. [/QUOTE] [FONT="Garamond"][B]A year had passed since Masaru Ugaki had dreamed up his grand plans of becoming one of the most famous wrestlers alive, with the type of Worldwide Fame that only a few wrestlers have ever accomplished. And as he sat on a plane from Japan back to the United States, he looked back on all he had done in the past year, and how far he had come, perhaps never having truly believed that it would be working the way he wanted it to. He had initially took on two extra jobs back in July 2006, being with the companies NYCW and CZCW, whilst he would continue his role in PGHW. PGHW paid his bills, and allowed him to travel from Japan to USA and back again. He smiled thinking about those days, it was easier to get in good training sessions back then. That was when he only had to go to America two times a month. He had used that time to train intensively and was a much better wrestler now than he was back then. He was still a heel in PGHW, but he was a lot bigger in Japan than he was a year ago. After a rough start, with losses to the likes of Bryan Holmes and Noriyora Sanda, Masaru picked up steam significantly. He was now considered a midcarder by the PGHW booking team, and had risen to a popularity in Japan that surpassed the likes of Raymond Diaz and Alexander Robinson. He was close to being as well known as the Vessey’s and PRIDE Koiso, and much of this was thanks to his PGHW International Title Reign, which in a weeks time, would have lasted a year. He had defended it 36 times in the space of that year, and had classic and numerous battles with Kozue Kawishima who had now left PGHW and Noriyora Sanda! He also found himself holding both tag titles in PGHW at some points in the last year. All though Masayuki Shiga and Masaru Ugaki didn’t really get along, when it came to taking opportunities, they seemed to manage to co-exist, all though it never lasted long, as they had never successfully defended their titles. However Masaru Ugaki would find a partner he could co-exist with, at least for now in Buddy Garner. So far they’ve shown great tag team work and are the PGHW Glory Tag Crown Champions, as well as Masaru Ugaki holding the PGHW International Tag Team Titles with Masayuki Shiga, which they have yet to defend. In America, things didn’t go to smoothly however. The only success story in 2006 for Masaru Ugaki, was his NYCW career, which has seen him go 13 matches undefeated. His best matches came up against Nevada Nuclear, who Masaru and the group he was part of, International Hustle had been feuding with. The group consisted of Grandmaster Phunk, Lee Wright, Masaru Ugaki & Willow. The undefeated streak and the group had gotten Masaru a lot of exposure in the Tri State Area. However in CZCW things went pair shaped. PRIDE Koiso got into talks with Cliff Anderson about joining Masaru, his friend in CZCW. Cliff was interested and PRIDE signed a contract with CZCW, only to find that when he got to the next show to surprise Masaru, that Masaru had handed in his notice. Masaru had received a better offer to wrestle for MAW, at least he thought he had. MAW had received a television show and wanted to boost their roster. With talks with Karen Killer going well, Masaru thought he had a new job and handed in his notice, and left before PRIDE could find him that night. From this stemmed bad blood and the relationship between the two went sour, and with neither offering an olive branch to save the friendship, there is pretty much no sign of the friendship they once had. More bad news would come as Masaru found he didn’t have a job with MAW after all, and Cliff wasn’t exactly eager to hire Masaru again. And all the other promotions in the United States, needed more popular workers. So Masaru looked across the border to 4C in Canada, and signed a contract. But after three months of no booking, and an offer from GCG to wrestle a few shows, Masaru soon handed in his notice there. His time in GCG was only ever a short time deal, as GCG just needed a biggish name to challenge Yasuhide Tayama, that he hadn’t had before. Masaru would shake the foundations with his short time in GCG, by winning the GCG Openweight Championship from Yasuhide. Only to lose it two weeks later to Yoshifusa Maeda, but for awhile Masaru held the PGHW International Title and the GCG Openweight Championship. Masaru would wrestle two more matches in GCG, including beating the British Legend, Cliff Wilson. Once his time with GCG was up, he got a call again from MAW, and this time the deal was done, as Masaru became apart of their roster! All though he has not had any title shots, he has wrestled week in and week out on MAW’s new television show, and got a good following in the Mid Atlantic region of America, with only one defeat in seven months, coming in a great match with Mainstream Hernandez. However Masaru’s most memorable feud in MAW has been with Des Davids, which elevated them both and are considered as some of the best matches either have done in the United States, and from this the two have become strong friends. As his friends go, along with losing PRIDE Koiso as a friend, with no sign of reconciliation, Masaru has also got on the wrong side of Steve Flash in NYCW and Joshua Taylor in PGHW. However he has collected numerous friends, including Darryl Devine, Eisaku Hoshino and Kozue Kawashima. Also, after months of rumors about the two of them, Masaru Ugaki and Emma Chase did come out about their relationship, which got Masaru a significant amount of attention as Emma Chase is now a Color Commentator for SWF, all though the impact was smaller than expected as SWF have fallen in size, and are now chasing TCW which has had a good amount of success.[/B][/FONT] [QUOTE]Popularity – • B’s Across Japan • C- in Tri State • D in Mid Atlantic • E in New England • F Everywhere Else![/QUOTE]

[FONT="Garamond"][B]Masaru Ugaki arrived at the arena in Tri State, ready for NYCW Gang Wars. Tonight he had a good idea who he’d be facing, as his actions from School’s Out pretty much guaranteed he’d be facing The New York Doll. Masaru had made an example of him at the last show, trying to stake a claim higher up the card, as he had been kept facing the same talent at the wrong end of the card. He had been getting more heat from the fans recently and he felt he was ready for bigger challengers. After all, Masked Mauler had faced him, and never looked like beating Masaru, but he was the one higher up the card. He walked into the International Hustlers arena to see Willow going over the card with Grandmaster Phunk and Steve Flash. Lee Wright had been released from NYCW and Willow had brought in the Canadian Steve Flash to take his place. Steve and Masaru didn’t exactly get on, but so far it hadn’t been at the cost of the groups goals. Willow turned to Masaru and said they were heading out the ring and Masaru merely nodded. He didn’t really talk with or act friendly around these lot, they were just people that helped him with his NYCW career. The crowd immediately started to boo as “Hustlin (Remix)” by Rick Ross started to play as the song signified the arrival of the International Hustlers. Out from the back walked out Grandmaster Phunk, Steve Flash, Masaru Ugaki and Willow. They walked to the ring and played up to the boos and jeers from the fans as Grandmaster took a microphone. [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/DannyBBling.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/Willow.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/SteveFlash.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “Shut the hell up, and stop hating the players, just hate the game! It’s not our fault we are just good at this game, and ya’ll can’t even play. Ever since we joined forces, we’ve been running things here in NYCW, and there’s only one argument to state otherwise. Because when the International Hustlers were formed, it was also the night that I lost my NYCW Empire Title. And since then, I’ve failed to get it back, but things are about to change. But, fact of the matter is, I should be champion right here and right now! The title should definitely not be on the shoulder of the DAVE has been, Johnny Martin. And do you know who’s fault it is that Johnny Martin has the title and I don’t. Its there’s!” Grandmaster Phunk pointed to the three standing in the ring with him as he finished his sentence. The three were clearly not ready for this as they looked at Grandmaster Phunk with confusion over their faces. “I brought together International Hustlers, with the idea of having the Greatest Hustlers backing me up. But instead of having great Hustlers around me, helping me to get to the top and stay on top, I got you guys. Lee Wright couldn’t even keep his job, Willows done little but tell us what we know we need to do, Steve hasn’t made any real impact since joining and then there’s Masaru Ugaki. I got you all the way from one of the biggest promotions in Japan, PGHW. You came with all these accolades, PGHW International Champion with 37 defences under his belt. But what have you achieved here? What have you done for the International Hustlers? You’ve done nothing, and you’ve been an International Hustler for almost a year. So I suggest……………………” Before he could say anymore, Masaru Ugaki too the microphone from his hand, turning his back to Grandmaster as he walked round the ring. “Let me get this straight. Your blaming your lack of success since you lost the Tri-State Regional Title, down to us. When you’ve had two chances of becoming the NYCW Empire Champion! You’re blaming us for your failures! Well, unlike you I don’t need to blame anything about my career on anyone else. Do you know why, because I’m undefeated in NYCW. Everybody I’ve stepped into the ring with, who has opposed the International Hustlers, have fallen to me. Look at the three titles I bring out to the ring with me. This shows that I take my opportunities. I don’t need backup or anyone else to win me matches. Nobody has been able to defeat me in NYCW, so you can’t tell me I’m not carrying my weight. In fact, if you ask me, I’m carrying this whole group. So think about what you’re saying next time, before you try and lecture me about anything.” With his piece said, Masaru went to hand the microphone back to Grandmaster Phunk, but instead dropped it at his feet as he left the ring. [CENTER]NYCW Gang Wars [/B]Saturday, Week 2, July 2006 in Tri State [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/MasaruUgaki.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/Spike.jpg[/IMG] [B]Masaru Ugaki vs. The New York Doll [/B]2/3 Falls Match [B]Masaru Ugaki came out to a mixed reaction, differing a lot from the reaction he is used to in the Tri State Area, in fact any area in the United States, were his foreigner status was seen as grounds for him to be an uber heel. Masaru seemed to be fired up from earlier in the night as he started off the match with strike after strike, to the face, chest and throat. With his superior strength, Masaru’s strikes eventually took The New York Doll down to the mat. Down on the mat Masaru kept control until The New York Doll slipped out of an Elbow Drop to the Knee. The New York Doll hit an Atomic Drop and then started stomping away on his bigger opponent, even using Choke Holds and illegal blows to get an advantage. However one to many choke holds were attempted as Masaru waited for the next one, and broke the hold, jumping to his feet, enraged by the cheating shown by the New York Doll. After giving a bit of a beating back to The New York Doll, Masaru applied rest holds to slow down the pace and to apply pressure to various body parts of The New York Doll. A Seated Back Kick was followed by a Seated Front Kick, as the beating continued for The New York Doll. However the New York Doll got back to his feet and tried to fight his way out of the situation. However Masaru shrugged off the blows and hit a Vertical Suplex, as The New York Doll held his back in pain. However New York Doll was willing to do anything to win, and hit a low blow to try and make a comeback. His comeback lasted a significant amount of time, with impact moves hit over and over again as the momentum was clearly shifting, New York Doll shifting gears and was too fast for Masaru. However through desperation, Masaru slide out the back of an attempted move and hit a German Suplex. Masaru only got a two count, and as New York Doll got up, Masaru hit a Lung Blower, which also got a two count. Masaru hit a Capture Suplex, and then stalked his opponent as New York Doll slowly got to his feet. The crowd changed their mind at this point from earlier and started taunting Masaru Ugaki. However New York Doll fought back, much to the crowds pleasure as the New York Doll hit a Double Arm DDT. However Masaru kicked out at two. As New York Doll went for a finish however, Masaru reversed it into a Fisherman’s Suplex. Masaru bridged into the pin and got a three count. Masaru saw an opportunity to finish the match and went for a Fall of the Haters, but New York Doll slipped out, and went for a Three Point Stance, that was reversed into a Spear. This got Masaru the three count, two consecutively in less than a minute.[/CENTER] Winner: [/B]Masaru Ugaki [B]Time:[/B] 15:00 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [B]Masaru was happy with his achievement, and despite the argument earlier on in the night, all of International Hustlers picked up victories, but there would be no mutual celebration. Other News[/B] • Steve Flash defeated Land Mass • Grandmaster Phunk defeated Grease Hogg[/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][I][B]Breaking News[/B] [B]With the independent scene being so active at the moment, the idea of finding the King of The Independents has always been a dream in the heads of many fans. Taking promotions and having them pick participants to compete in a knockout tournament, to get matches that the fans have never seen, has always been considered a money maker. And finally, the fans will get exactly what they have wanted, as Jonathan Sanderson, a wrestling reporter who happens to have a rich father, has along with Emma Chase started exactly that, a King of The Independents Tournament. If this will be an annual thing, we don’t know, but this year, four federations have decided to compete and will be picking eight men to represent their promotions. The federations are USPW, NYCW, CZCW & MAW. The teams will be posted on [url]www.kingoftheindependents.com[/url] as they are announced and the first event will be this Sunday, so get your tickets now as you will see some of USPW, NYCW, CZCW and MAW’s finest in action in the Mid Atlantic Region in the MAW Arena. And if you can’t make it to the MAW King of the Independents event, the next event will be Tuesday, at the NYCW Arena in the Tri State Region, followed by Thursdays event in CZCW Arena in South West, and Sunday at the USPW Arena in New England.[/B][/I][/FONT][/CENTER]

[B][FONT="Garamond"]Masaru got back to his flat in Mid Atlantic and found his phone ringing. He dropped his bag and picked up the phone to hear the voice of his girlfriend, Emma Chase. [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/Focus2004/Masaru%20Ugaki/EmmaChase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] “Hi baby, how’d you do at the show?” Masaru had picked up the English Language rather well, but he never got the whole idea of calling your partner, baby. “It was okay, I beat New York Doll 2-0 but I didn’t see eye to eye with Grandmaster Phunk. Other than that, it was just my standard night in New York.” “That’s 14-0 for you now. You’re really building up steam. Even some of the higher ups here in SWF are saying so.” “Yeah, sorry to hear about SWF’s decline in viewers!” “It’s getting a bit hectic over here. The Eisen’s are losing it to, this is the first time Tommy Cornell has really been beating the SWF with TCW. But it’s not been bad for me. I’ve even been given some time off to help this guy called Jonathan Sanderson, run a King of The Independents tournament. We’ve got MAW, NYCW, USPW and CZCW to participate. You’ve even been picked by NYCW, probably because of that undefeated streak.” “Cool, so who was a drawn against.” “That’s what I was calling about. You have The Insane Heat, from Mid Atlantic in New York. It’s before Thursday, I made sure of that for you.” “Thanks Emma, I’ll check out the site Sanderson has got going.” The two talked for the rest of the night before they went to sleep. However before he did, he checked the site to see the teams and the results that had already occurred. [CENTER][U]King of the Independents[/U][/CENTER] [U]MAW[/U] 1. Steve Gumble 2. The Mean Machine 3. The Insane Heat 4. Mainstream Hernandez 5. Donnie J (Mid Atlantic Champion) 6. Titan (Mid Atlantic Tag Team Champion) 7. Atlantis (Mid Atlantic Tag Team Champion) 8. Ricky Douglas [U]CZCW[/U] 1. Plague (Coastal Zone Champion) 2. Snap Dragon (Coastal Zone Tag Team Champion) 3. Flying Jimmy Foxx (Coastal Zone Tag Team Champion) 4. Remmy Skye (Coastal Zone Xtreme Champion) 5. Jimmy P. 6. Matt Sparrow 7. Frankie Perez 8. Marc Speed [U]NYCW[/U] 1. Johnny Martin (NYCW Empire Champion) 2. Whistler (NYCW Tag Team Champion) 3. Mr. America (NYCW Tag Team Champion) 4. Honest Frank (NYCW Tri-State Regional Champion) 5. Grandmaster Phunk 6. Steve Flash 7. Grease Hogg 8. Masaru Ugaki [U]USPW[/U] 1. Puerto Rican Power (USPW National Champion) 2. Jack Griffith (USPW World Champion) 3. Jim Force (USPW World Tag Team Champion) 4. Captain USA (USPW World Tag Team Champion) 5. Akima Brave 6. Corporal Doom 7. Tank Bradley 8. Giant Redwood [CENTER]Matt Sparrow (CZCW) vs. Puerto Rican Power (USPW)[/CENTER] [/B]Puerto Rican Power dominated the beginning of the match, and all though Matt Sparrow did make an impression on Puerto Rican Power, Puerto Rican Power never seemed to be out of control. A Puerto Rican Power Block really saw the tide turn in his favour. However a San Juan Impact would be blocked and Matt Sparrow attempted to comeback again. This time his comeback was substantial as he hit move after move, and the fans were getting behind him. However a Flying Body Press misses. Now with them both low on energy, the battle went back and forth. A San Juan Impact would get the first two count fall so Puerto Rican Power locked in a Torture Rack. This was enough to pick up the victory. [B]Puerto Rican Power (USPW) defeated Matt Sparrow (CZCW) in 10:10 (C+)[/B] [CENTER][B]Ricky Turner (MAW) vs. Honest Frank (NYCW)[/B][/CENTER] With the South West Crowd seemingly behind Ricky Turner, Ricky Turner took the match to Honest Frank. Honest Franks only way back into the match was by a low blow but all that did was make the match even, and both competitors were tiring and looking to finish the match. Big move after big move was hit, and reversal after reversal. However after some big moves, Ricky Turner once again had the momentum on his side. The Head an Arm Suplex would pick up the win for Ricky Turner as he moved on in the tournament. [B]Ricky Turner (MAW) defeated Honest Frank (NYCW) in 19:00 (B+)[/B] [B][CENTER]Steve Gumble (MAW) vs. Frankie Perez (CZCW)[/CENTER][/B] The match was back and forth from the very beginning, but despite it eventually turning into Frankie Perez’s favour, Steve Gumble for some reason always looked to be the favourite to win, and that Perez was fighting an uphill battle. Eventually Steve Gumble took control of the match and hit a Flying Body Press for two and then a Twisting Face Crusher for a two count. Another two count was gained by a Flying Body Press and despite Frankie Perez hitting some big moves and having the crowd behind him. Eventually he would hit an Arabian Press and get a two count. The crowd now got into it, hoping that Frankie Perez would pick up the surprise win. Steve Gumble started to make a comeback but out of nowhere Frankie Perez hit the P-Clutch. The referee called for the bell and the crowd went nuts for Frankie Perez’s win. [B]Frankie Perez (CZCW) defeated Steve Gumble (MAW) in 17:00 (B+)[/B] [CENTER][B]Johnny Martin (NYCW) vs. Tank Bradley (USPW)[/B][/CENTER] This match was a hard hitting fight, that went back and forth for the majority of the match, as both would take hits that looked like they would knock your block off, shrugged them aside and continued the fight. After awhile though Johnny Martin eventually started to gain control of the match, but it never looked like it was in the bag. However a comeback from Tank, saw him hit a Stump Piledriver which got a two count. Martin got back on the attack though and hit the Twist on the Rocks and got the three count. [B]Johnny Martin (NYCW) defeated Tank Bradley (USPW) in 12:30 (C)[/FONT][/B]

Archived