Left the Business

18 minutes ago, Pipers Pit said:

I don't understand why, of all things, we can't edit this. Is this something that can be looked at for a future update? 

Once someone has left the business they are no longer subject to any of the counters, tracking or checks - that's the whole point, to speed up the game by not having to deal with that time-consuming stuff for people who are no longer having an impact on the world, knowing that they can never return and so that data isn't ever going to be used. If you could edit them back in then that whole concept becomes redundant.

A suggested workaround:

I'm assuming you realize you can edit the data set before a game (I do it quite a bit) and put these people back in the business.

So I'm thinking you want to reintroduce someone who has left the business in an existing save. This won't be perfect and it's a bit wonky but not too bad. 

First in the standalone editor make a copy of the worker you want back in. You'll have to alter the name slightly (it'll say copy which will work). Make sure this copy has their status set to what you want to edit it to. 

Inside your in game editor import the copied worker. Change the original worker's name then eliminate the copy from the worker you imported.  

Yes you'll have Champagne Lover (your copied worker) in the business and Champagne Lover 2 (left the business) but other than seeing it in the editor the original worker won't be in the business anymore so they won't show up anywhere else.

Edited by ExRufas2000
Repeated statement

This has been a highly requested feature for sandboxers since TEW 2020, and I think there could be a solution. A new setting for wrestlers called "Out of the Business". You leave Left the Business as is, but Out of the Business would be something that would be manually set and removed by the player. The worker would still exist in the database, but would never get involved, would never get hired by the AI, and would basically not interact actively with the gameworld. But the worker would still exist in the gameworld, and the player could reactivate them by setting them as Active in the live editor. This would allow for sandbox scenarios that a lot of players are after. For instance, if you make a mod in April 2014, you could set CM Punk as Out of the Business until 2021 when you manually bring him back.

11 hours ago, hailthebulldog said:

This has been a highly requested feature for sandboxers since TEW 2020, and I think there could be a solution. A new setting for wrestlers called "Out of the Business". You leave Left the Business as is, but Out of the Business would be something that would be manually set and removed by the player. The worker would still exist in the database, but would never get involved, would never get hired by the AI, and would basically not interact actively with the gameworld. But the worker would still exist in the gameworld, and the player could reactivate them by setting them as Active in the live editor. This would allow for sandbox scenarios that a lot of players are after. For instance, if you make a mod in April 2014, you could set CM Punk as Out of the Business until 2021 when you manually bring him back.

Isn't this just being retired? In the CM Punk scenario he was theoretically free to be spoken to and convinced to come out of retirement at any point, it only took AEW less than 2 years to try it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hailthebulldog said:

What you're describing is the hiatus/starting absences feature already in game.

41 minutes ago, Merovingi said:

The problem would still be not being able to manually set absences DURING a save. This is what some people want.

Pretty sure people are asking to to be able to get rid of it in a save, not add it in a save. Which again, is what the hiatus/starting abscence represents. Left the business is for people not returning to the business. 

9 hours ago, Jaysin said:

Pretty sure people are asking to to be able to get rid of it in a save, not add it in a save. Which again, is what the hiatus/starting abscence represents. Left the business is for people not returning to the business. 

People have definitely been talking about this in discords and other places. The idea is to be able to manually set absences during a save, not just before. Some want it for things like narrative control or similar reasons, and honestly, I’m one of them, so I figured I’d chime in. Maybe it could be a specific attribute that you can only add or remove in the live editor. The worker would still be factored into calculations but would be deactivated until the attribute gets removed. It’s not a big deal or anything, but if it’s something that could be added easily, it’d be a cool feature to have. If not, I understand that the game is finished and complete and it wouldn't be feasible to add something that requires a lot of work at this point.

5 hours ago, SirCucumber said:

People have definitely been talking about this in discords and other places. The idea is to be able to manually set absences during a save, not just before. Some want it for things like narrative control or similar reasons, and honestly, I’m one of them, so I figured I’d chime in. Maybe it could be a specific attribute that you can only add or remove in the live editor. The worker would still be factored into calculations but would be deactivated until the attribute gets removed. It’s not a big deal or anything, but if it’s something that could be added easily, it’d be a cool feature to have. If not, I understand that the game is finished and complete and it wouldn't be feasible to add something that requires a lot of work at this point.

But that's not what this thread is about is what I'm saying. That should be a separate suggestion. Maybe make it so narratives can cause hiatuses?

On 9/11/2024 at 8:30 AM, Questlove said:

Isn't this just being retired? In the CM Punk scenario he was theoretically free to be spoken to and convinced to come out of retirement at any point, it only took AEW less than 2 years to try it.

The problem is that it seemed like he was essentially "Left the Business" since he didn't do any actual major wrestling appearances from 2015 to 2020. If you were making a real-world mod beforehand, it would make sense to say he left the business since it didn't seem like he was going to come back as he focused on other pursuits in the meantime. You could technically argue that all people classified as "Left the Business" are instead "Retired" as you can talk them into returning for the right price. 

Still, the in-game justification of not recording data for people who left the business makes sense, although I don't see why you couldn't just re-enable it from a programming perspective since most things are still visible in the game for people who were once active, retired, then left the business.

Edited by TheDeep5ix