More Narrative Requirements/Effects

- Fixed an issue where some of the new narratives didn't allow the specifying of a company or incorrectly gave a strength option when it didn't make sense to

Thank you, Adam, for updating narratives in TEW 9.

But I was wondering if there could be even... more?

Specifically, I'd love to (re)create narratives where companies undergo significant changes. For example, in the Cornellverse, the rebranding of HGC to TCW. I’ve been able to set up a narrative that changes events, event names, titles, and booking style, but one limitation remains: ownership changes

Currently, we have the requirement "Worker Is Owner Of Company", but it would be great to also have a "Worker Is NOT Owner Of Company" requirement. In addition, it would be fantastic if we could add a Company Effect where a company gains a new owner (from a list of in-game characters). 

Another useful addition would be a Company Effect allowing a promotion to become a property of a company/Media Group (so the company's owner becomes a CEO).

On a more radical level, consider real-life examples like AJPW>NOAH (or perhaps BHOTWG > Inspire in the Cornellverse). A mass exodus of wrestlers to a new promotion.
For this to work, we’d need access to contract manipulation (either as a Worker Effect or a new category).
It’s already possible to requirement the existence of a company, so if we combine that with a "yet to debut" company and a chance of happening, we could simulate scenarios where a group of wrestlers ends their contracts and becomes available for a new promotion with the right loyalty (which is already possible).

Perhaps, based on what I’ve described, you might have an even better solution in mind.

What is not yet possible but also happened often in real life puroresu is workers becoming freelancers. But it would be possible if there was a "Freelancer" option under Worker Effect > Worker Gains Loyalty >

At last I'd like to propose to include different Company Sizes in th elist of possible requirements, to trigger such events based on a company's success (or lack of such).

Edited by Eugucgi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

There is also basically nothing in terms of a negative effect on a worker. All I've been able to find is "worker starts having law problems" (which only works once, and only if they don't already have them), "worker is hurt" (which only works physically) and "worker loses star quality" (which doesn't affect anything except for the bookers who hire based on that). We need more ways to, for example, make a scandal happen. "Worker loses popularity", "Worker is caught in scandal", "Worker is fired", etc. For real-life examples like Vince's recent WWE departure, or Alberto Del Rio's fall from grace. It would also be SO nice to have "Worker gains attribute" and "Worker loses attribute", so you can add things like "Personal Issues", "Groundswell of Support", or things like "Good Comedic Timing" if they're discovered to be good at comedy.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2024 at 3:42 PM, Spoons said:

There is also basically nothing in terms of a negative effect on a worker. All I've been able to find is "worker starts having law problems" (which only works once, and only if they don't already have them), "worker is hurt" (which only works physically) and "worker loses star quality" (which doesn't affect anything except for the bookers who hire based on that). We need more ways to, for example, make a scandal happen. "Worker loses popularity", "Worker is caught in scandal", "Worker is fired", etc. For real-life examples like Vince's recent WWE departure, or Alberto Del Rio's fall from grace. It would also be SO nice to have "Worker gains attribute" and "Worker loses attribute", so you can add things like "Personal Issues", "Groundswell of Support", or things like "Good Comedic Timing" if they're discovered to be good at comedy.

That's technically not true regarding Star Quality. That attribute is also used in determining good figureheads and can give boosts to matches if it's 66 or higher. Various angles, contract values, and random incidents also rely on Star Quality.

I do agree that it would be nice to cause Scandals from Narratives since you can't import Scandals after a save begins via normal means.

7 minutes ago, TheDeep5ix said:

That's technically not true regarding Star Quality. That attribute is also used in determining good figureheads and can give boosts to matches if it's 66 or higher. Various angles, contract values, and random incidents also rely on Star Quality.

I do agree that it would be nice to cause Scandals from Narratives since you can't import Scandals after a save begins via normal means.

Still, my point remains that it doesn't do much.

And yeah, having scandals & other things able to happen via narratives would be a good idea.