Making the world humble! (The Legend of the Iron Sheik)

Guest .SVA

[RIGHT][IMG]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2236/ironsheikml1.jpg[/IMG][/RIGHT] [CENTER][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I][B]Khosrow Vaziri[/B]. The greatest transitional champion of all time. The man that started hulkmania. That is how Khosrow is remembered best.[/I][/CENTER] But what about before? in 1983, Khosrow had already enjoyed eleven years a professional wrestler. His legend already started in 1979, where Khosrow Vaziri, then known as [B]The Great Hossein[/B], won the first Battle Royal in history. With that he recieved a title shot at the champion [B]Bob Backlund[/B], who bested him in a 30-minute battle afterwards. Following the loss, he quit the WWWF and began wandering the small time promotions. He re-packaged as [B]The Iron Sheik[/B], the name is known for today. He entered [B]Mid-South Wrestling[/B] and quickly became one of their top stars, as he captured the Mid-Atlantic title from [B]Jim Brunzell[/B], the man he was later going to face at [I]WrestleMania III[/I]. After this short stint he moved to Georgia Championship Wrestling, where he had notable matches with [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B], [B]Dick Murdoch[/B] and [B]Tommy Rich[/B]. Also, he frequently fought over the National Television title against [B]Ron Garvin[/B]. Now, Khosrow Vaziri had built up a formal reputation within the boundaries of the professional wrestling world and the World Wrestling Federation, for whom he had worked for before, caught him again and soon he had signed a contract. In real events, he would begin to feud with [B]Bob Backlund[/B] and finally getting the WWF World Heavyweight championship within his grasp. But this is a one-time chance to change the events. To change [B]The Iron Sheik[/B]'s reputation. With it be for the better? Or for the worse? One thing is for sure though.. [CENTER]"[I]It is time to make the world humble![/I]"[/CENTER][/FONT] [QUOTE][SIZE="1"][B]Notes:[/B] This a "restart" of my previous Iron Sheik dynasty, as the first one got so cluttered up with off-topic posts that I decided to make a new one. I've changed a little in the scenario, mainly deleted Sheik's and Volkoff's tag team as they did'nt begin as a team before 1984. So now he is a singles wrestler and will be appearing in the WWF. Hopefully,you guys that read the first is'nt ticked off by this new one. Hope youre still gonna read! Oh , please limit youre off-topic posts to the most necessary.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Tuesday (Week 1 of May), New England [B]WWF In Your Neighbourhood[/B] event[/I] [INDENT][B]The Iron Sheik[/B] entered the locker room and was immediately met by [B]Afa[/B]. Sheik had been informed that he was to team up with the samoan against the two Strongbows, [B]Jay[/B] and [B]Jules[/B]. Sheik was'nt particularly fond of being teamed with Afa, as he would much better be in singles competition. But he had to due with it, because that was what the management wanted. He greeted Afa with a handshake, threw his bag on one of the benches and began warming up; their match was next. Afa sooned joined Sheik and they both practiced some small, easy moves and holds to get warmed up. Luckily, the two were alone on the room, as it would certainly had gained some attention if this two had begun wrestling in the middle of the locker room. But they had'nt. They were just warming up. They had just finished their warm-up as [B]Vince McMahon[/B] himself entered the room. He told the two their match was coming up and they had to proceed to the ring entrance. Both men followed orders and the match was soon under way. [QUOTE][B]The Strongbows[/B] versus [B]Afa[/B] / [B]The Iron Sheik[/B] [SIZE="1"] [I]A very intense match-up and a very great tag team match-up. The Iron Sheik and Afa excelled in this match-up, hitting thei finishing moves many times. Although, at every pinfall or possible submission victory, there was a Stronbow to break it up. The match ended with a time limit draw after going for an hour! All four competitors was clearly and the ended with the Sheik locking on the Camel Clutch for a fourth time, before the time expired. This was clearly the match of the day.[/I] [B]Fans Rating:[/B] [B][COLOR="Cyan"]A*[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] As the four men came back to the locker-room, they all congratulated eachother for the great bout. Jules Stronbow was still rubbing his neck as the four pated, because he was the on to have been locked in the Camel Clutch the most. Sheik got home to his appartment and slammed donw on the couch. Now he was Khosrow Vaziri and The Iron Sheik would have to wait until sunday. Khosrow thought abou the great match, though he hoped he'd have a singles match next time.[/INDENT][/FONT] [QUOTE][SIZE="1"][B]Notes:[/B] Okay, this is how the writing will be from now on. Bacstage writing and short match descrptions. Hope you like it![/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Sunday (Week 1 of May), Tri State [B]WWF Wrestling Challenge[/B] broadcasting[/I] [INDENT][B]The Iron Sheik[/B] entered the lock room, located at the arena in New York. He also this time threw his bag on one of the benches. He packed out his stuff and began putting on his ring attire. He also had packed down an Iraqi flag, which he had thought to branch at the match he was going into. It was another tag team match. Pitching him and [B]Sgt. Sluaghter[/B] up against [B]Ivan Putski[/B] and [B]Tito Santana[/B]. Hopefully he could recieve the win this time. Sgt. Sluaghter entered the room and gave a quick 'hi' to Sheik. Sheik replied with a 'hello, youre ready?' and Sluaghter nodded. THe match was coming up next and they both came out to the ring. [QUOTE][B]Ivan Putski[/B] / [B]Tito Santana[/B] versus [B]The Iron Sheik[/B] / [B]Sgt. Slaugther[/B] [SIZE="1"][I]Yet another great tag team match. Again the results were that the match ended in a draw due to the time limit expriring. Again it was clear that the Iron Sheik's team stood out as he locked in the Camel Clutch several times, only to have it broken up by one of the members of the opposing team. An excellent bout which the fans were really into. This match also clearly stole the show and turned the fans attention.[/I] [B]Final Rating: [COLOR="Cyan"]A*[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] As the show ended and the paritcipants headed home, Khosrow was left with a feeling of.. emptiness. He felt that if these tag team matches continued he'd had to find a job elswhere. Because he wanted into singles compeition! It was a style more suited for him! Or so he felt. Khosrow entered his appartment, with hope that the coming tuesday, he would recieve a singles match.[/INDENT][/FONT] [QUOTE][SIZE="1"][B]Notes:[/B] Alright, another day. I guess you can expect a lot of time draws, if their is tag team matches, because it is literally impossible to get a victory, because every time a team member inerferes. EVERY time.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Tuesday (Week 2 of May), Tri State [B]WWF In Your Neighbourhood[/B] event[/I] [INDENT][B]The Iron Sheik[/B] entered the locker-room area with a smile on his face. He had recieved word that he had gotten a singles match tonight, in fron of 18,000 fans. He was also told that it was [B]Jimmy Snuka[/B]. Sheik had seen Snuka in the ring before and he was very impressed with his Superfly Splash. He was alredy anxious to get into the squared circle. Fortunenately, he met Snuka on a hallway, at the start of the show. They talked about their match and detailed a few things out. It ended with a handshake and Sherik going to dress. [QUOTE][B]Jimmy Snuka[/B] versus [B]The Iron Sheik[/B] [SIZE="1"][I]A really great match, with main-event status. Snuka and Sheik really took it to new heightsm with the wrestling being premier in this one. They blended and really showed their great talent and dedication. It ended with Snuka forcing to tap out to the the Camel Clutch, but nonetheless Snuka also showed his great resilence.[/I] [B]Match Rating: [COLOR="Cyan"]A*[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Khosrow thanked Snuka for the great match as thy both headed back to the locker-room. As he got in his regular clothes, Sheik hoped that he would continue to recieve singles matches and against such great opponents as Snuka.[/INDENT][/FONT]

[INDENT][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][I]Wednesday (Week 2 of May)[/I] [QUOTE][B]Big Sports News![/B] [I]Today it was reported that the Iron Sheik has set up his own wrestling and training center. It has not been giving a name yet, though we expect it to be opne within the month. It is to act as a wrestling school and training center for people wiching to build up their physique or part-time wrestlers. We will have more on this as it develops, but for now we have one comment for the Iron Sheik; Good initiative.[/I] [RIGHT][SIZE="1"]- Fox Sports News[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/QUOTE][/FONT][/INDENT]

Archived