WWE spoils summerslam match on own site(spoiler inside)

mystic

credit pwinsider.com WWE.com has once again spoiled an unannounced match, in this case the RAW main event for the upcoming Summerslam Pay-Per-View. Under the RAW Superstars section, both John Cena and Edge's bio profiles state that Edge will defend his WWE Title against Cena in a match where the title can change hands via Disqualification. The match has not been announced anywhere else, including the Summerslam subsite. just checked edge's profile and it states "Will Edge still have Cena's number at SummerSlam when a loss through DQ can't protect his championship?" edit: just checked wwe.com and they have edited Edge's profile not to include the statement above. (7/30/06)

It cracks me up every time this happens (which is pretty regularly, it seems). I'm curious whether the fault lies with the web guys who don't pay attention to the dates involved or with the brain surgeons in "creative" who dole out promo stuff to the web people without date restrictions attached. Either way it's pretty clear that whoever runs the website has absolutely no awareness of current evens in the WWE product or they'd have caught some of the more egregious blunders.

• 3 weeks later...
did not feel like making a new thread but just found this info interesting. over at wwe.com they are asking "What RAW match are you most looking forward to at SummerSlam" as of right now here at the results DX vs. The McMahons 48.97 % Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Orton 42.98 % WWE Champion Edge vs. John Cena 5.44 % Mick Foley vs. Ric Flair 2.59 % Total Votes: 2051317 I bet people revoted many times, if I owned the wwe and not vince I would be a little worried that my WWE title match only got that percent and that even the foley vs. flair match did even worse, especially considering that smackdown has really nothing to offer storyline wise. (batista wins coming back from injury, and the using of eddie's name to push matches, again.) the only good news for the wwe is that raw will still be on at its normal time during the US Open on sci fi, so TNA stealing that time slot for wrestling just got a little harder.

Archived