[HYPE] DomNWAtion 2000

40 minutes ago, sonny912 said:

Slight edit needed, you wrote Sherri is the wccw women's champion but the picture's alundra Blayze/madusa. Personally I prefer Madusa as the first champion sense I'm more familiar of Sherri as she was a manager.

Yeah fair enough, not the most relevant pic choice for that particular article, originally I just used Madusa's pic since she ended up being more of a centerpiece of the division in general, but that particular article I agree doesn't really reflect that, I'm happy to choose another more relevant one.

In this timeline Sherri has quite a bit more name value than Madusa at this point since there was no WWF for Alundra Blayze to get some name recognition in USA, whereas Sherri had been a name bouncing around various places for the last decade, so WCCW restarted the title lineage with one of the few recognizable names to fans, even if she's got no business being much of an active in-ring performer at this point (one of the many intentional decisions of this division being mismanaged over its lifespan).

Medusa actually does win it off her as the 2nd reign after she's had a chance to be built up, but by and large a recurring theme of WCCW's womens division era is a yo-yoing of 'oh this is actually decent' and 'why the hell are they doing this'.

Edited by diamondium
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, diamondium said:

Yeah fair enough, not the most relevant pic choice for that particular article, originally I just used Madusa's pic since she ended up being more of a centerpiece of the division in general, but that particular article I agree doesn't really reflect that, I'm happy to choose another more relevant one.

In this timeline Sherri has quite a bit more name value than Madusa at this point since there was no WWF for Alundra Blayze to get some name recognition in USA, whereas Sherri had been a name bouncing around various places for the last decade, so WCCW restarted the title lineage with one of the few recognizable names to fans, even if she's got no business being much of an active in-ring performer at this point (one of the many intentional decisions of this division being mismanaged over its lifespan).

Medusa actually does win it off her as the 2nd reign after she's had a chance to be built up, but by and large a recurring theme of WCCW's womens division era is a yo-yoing of 'oh this is actually decent' and 'why the hell are they doing this'.

You know who would be a great heel for wccw's women's division? The monster Ripper, Rhonda sing. NOT Bertha Faye the fat comic relief that the booking team wouldn't let use the same moves as the male wrestlers and became a joke, I'm talking the girl who trained under Mildred Burke, wrestled across Japan and was stampede wrestling's first women's champion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonny912 said:

You know who would be a great heel for wccw's women's division? The monster Ripper, Rhonda sing. NOT Bertha Faye the fat comic relief that the booking team wouldn't let use the same moves as the male wrestlers and became a joke, I'm talking the girl who trained under Mildred Burke, wrestled across Japan and was stampede wrestling's first women's champion.

Sounds like a reasonable addition!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonny912 said:

She could also be a great addition for STAMPEDE, since she was a huge fan growing up, started wrestling there as soon as they started doing women's matches (not too long before they closed up.) and became close friends to the Hart Family (Including several other male wrestlers over the years.)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, raspymorten said:

She could also be a great addition for STAMPEDE, since she was a huge fan growing up, started wrestling there as soon as they started doing women's matches (not too long before they closed up.) and became close friends to the Hart Family (Including several other male wrestlers over the years.)

Ooh, good point.