Battle Lines: WWE Raw

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B][I]August - December 2006:[/I][/B] With fans getting tired of the DX/McMahons/Spirit Squad storylines the plans were made to bring it to an end at Survivor Series. First though, at Summerslam DX faced Vince, Shane & the Spirit Squad in a 7 on 2 Match in which Shane knocked out Shawn Michaels allowing Vince to get the pinfall. The next night on Raw, it was announced that Shawn Michaels had suffered a minor injury and would be missing for several months for surgery. Triple H continued the feud against The McMahon but always coming out in defeat thanks to the Spirit Squad. Also at Summerslam Batista finally recaptured his World Heavyweight Title when he defeated Rey Mysterio for the belt after Chavo Guerrero interfered and turned on his best friend. Meanwhile, Edge once again defeated John Cena thanks to some help from Lita resulting in a DQ and Edge remaining the WWE Champion. At Survivor Series it was later announced that Shawn Michaels would return to action in a part time role, as he would once again team up with Triple H to form DX in a Tag Team Match against Vince & Shane McMahon in a revenge match. What people then witnessed would change the face of professional wrestling forever. During the Tag Team Match, Shawn Michaels hit a flying elbow on Shane McMahon who was lying on the spanish announce table, therefore taking them both out of the match. Triple H and Vince were left in the ring, as Triple H turned things around to the delight of the fans and eventually hit a 'Pedigree' on Vince McMahon. Unfortunately for Triple H, Vince was not set up properly for this finishing manouvure, and Vince's head was spiked into the mat in a serious way which resulted in him being knocked out cold (aka Triple H / HBK Pedigree in past). Triple H turned Vince over and made the cover which was quick before the ref checked on Vince and paramedics were called down to the ring immediately. Survivor Series quickly went off air, with JR describing what happened as 'one of those things that happens now and again inside the ring', before the live feed was cut quickly to end the PPV. It was announced that night on wwe.com that Vince McMahon had received a serious blow to the template of his head which resulted in a fracture in his back and informed everyone that Vince McMahon was in such a serious condition that the company informed everyone 'it would be a miracle if Vince McMahon would ever walk again properly without aid'. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us The following weeks on Raw was a serious time within the company, as fans sent get well messages to Vince, and many fans wanting Triple H to be kicked out of the company forever. Fans started to not tune in as much, and revenue of the company started to fade, as one by one things started to shatter down from the high the company was on. Over the next month several major incidents took place. Firstly, UPN without warning contacted WWE and informed them they were pulling the plug on Smackdown to be shown on their channel effective immediately, which resulted in Smackdown being pulled off every channel which hosted it, not having any showtime on any station. Stephanie McMahon and Shane McMahon took over the business while their mother Linda looked after her husband and their father Vince at home during these terrible months in the company. Stephanie and Shane made major decisions which would effect the company including the break up of several superstars contracts who were released, while in a secret meeting with the boardroom, it was announced that two people would be given their papers to leave along with a lucrative contracts and legal papers regarding other situations. On Saturday 2nd December 2006, in a special press conference held in Connecticut, Shane & Stephanie McMahon announced that several superstars had been released from the company due to financial problems. They announced a special deal regarding two other superstars in the company who had been released and introduced them one at a time. Eric Bischoff came out, and announced to the fans and the reporters that as of that day, he had left the WWE in a lucrative deal organised between himself and the boardroom members and Shane & Stephanie, that he had been given the go-ahead, and a set amount to start up once again WCW under his own management, in which he would have full rights to the name and this would not be a brand split company from WWE, but a new promotion in itself. Eric Bischoff then announced that he had done a deal with the wwe regarding several current superstars of the company who would be joining him in WCW and an annnouncement regarding this would be made shortly in his own time. After this, Shane then introduced the next superstar, who turned out to be Paul Heyman. Heyman walked out to some fans chants of ECW as he spoke of his admiration of Vince's courage and his co-operation of helping to put ECW back on the map. He then informed everyone that like Eric Bischoff, he too had been offered a lucrative package similar in style to WCW and informed everyone that as of that day, ECW was back under his full management, and would again not have any affiliation with WWE in any way. He instrucred the media that a rather lucrative pay deal was offered for him to go on his own, just like Eric Bischoff, and he had also contacted several wwe superstars regarding moving to ECW and he would announce shortly who he had hired. Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman then left as Shane McMahon then made an announcement that as of last night, all superstar's contracts had been looked over, and the wrestlers remaining with the company would now be issued a 'pay per appearance' deal due to the recent slump in financial problems with the company. He instructed everyone that USA had given them the go-ahead to continue broadcasting Raw live for the time being. After all this, Stephanie McMahon made an announcement, as she stated that 'myself and Paul Leveasque had seperated due to the recent incidents that had taken place and pressure that had been put upon her from within the family regarding the terrible incident with her father'. Stephanie did state that as of today, Triple H was no longer a member of the WWE Roster, and a further announcement would be made shortly. The fans were shocked around the world at these huge announcements as over the next few days more 'inside source' stories came out about who had jumped ship from the wwe. Both Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman held their own press conferences regarding the situation about their companies, with both stating that they had been given deals with several TV stations as part of the lucrative package that wwe organised for them to broadcase 1 weekly show each at their own discretion. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B][I][U]WCW & ECW BACK FROM THE DEAD?[/U][/I][/B] It was announced earlier this week that Eric Bischoff and Paul Heyman have been offered lucrative deals to seperate from the WWE company and expand into their own business which has lead them to reform two of the promotions which were put out of business by wwe. This all comes after the recent announcements on WWE that Vincent Kennedy McMahon suffered a serious injury at the hands of Triple H at Survivor Series and since then the WWE brand company has been on a vast downward spiral at full speed, with the announcement that Smackdown had been pulled off air (allegedly due to money issues), also contracts have been renewed with all current wrestlers and backstage staff. The rumours are also stating that the wwe will be dropping all but 4 of its current ppv's (once again due to financial problems). The biggest shock came when it was announced that Triple H had been sacked from the company at the hands of his wife, Stephanie McMahon (who is rumoured to be sorting divorce proceedings), and Shane McMahon due to the way he didnt protect Vince McMahon after hitting a Pedigree at the last ppv. [B][I]Current Rosters:[/I][/B] [B][U]ECW:[/U][/B] Big Show (PPA), Joey Mercury, Kurt Angle (PPA), RVD (Written), Sabu, Sandman, Psicosis, Super Crazy, Tazz, Terry Funk, Test, Tommy Dreamer etc. ECW Live airs Tuesday Nights Live on Sci-Fi Channel / Sky TV (UK) [B][U]WCW:[/U][/B] Nitro airs Thursday Nights Live on UPN / Sky TV (UK) Akio, Arn Anderson, Big Show (PPA), Billy Kidman, Booker T & Sharmell, Chavo Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Eric Bischoff (Owner), Finlay & Little Bastard, Michael Cole, Mike Mizanin, Rey Mysterio, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Steve Romero, Theodore Long, Torrie Wilson, Triple H, William Regal, etc. [B][I]BREAKING NEWS:[/I][/B] Triple H and his best friend Shawn Michaels have secured a deal to join Eric Bischoff in WCW along with his long time admirer and friend Ric Flair. Wether this deal with remain in the long run will be dependant upon the fans reaction to Triple H after the incident. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- [B][U]WWE Raw Roster:[/U][/B] Note: All superstars are now under contract via a Pay Per Appearance deal, and therefore can arrange to sign with other promotions of their choice, either via PPA or Written. [B][I]Main Eventers: [/I][/B] Mark Henry Edge (w/ Lita) Undertaker Johnny Nitro (w/ Melina) John Bradshaw Layfield John Cena Carlito Kane Kurt Angle Batista Randy Orton [B][I]Upper Mid:[/I][/B] Gregory Helms Umaga Shelton Benjamin Matt Hardy Brian Kendrick (HooliganZ w/ Paul London) Eugene (Eugene's Legends w/ Candice Michelle) Tatanka Kenny (Spirit Squad w/ Michelle McCool) Ken Kennedy Chris Masters Bobby Lashley Burchill Paul London (HooliganZ w/ Brian Kendrick) [B][I]Midcarders:[/I][/B] Mitch (Spirit Squad w/ Michelle McCool) Matt Striker Mikey (Spirit Squad w/ Michelle McCool) Nicky (Spirit Squad w/ Michelle McCool) Johnny (Spirit Squad w/ Michelle McCool) Simon Dean (Manager w/ Gymini) Kid Kash (Pitbulls w/ Jamie Noble) Charlie Haas Trevor Murdoch (Cade & Murdoch w/ Lance Cade) [B][I]Lower Midcarders:[/I][/B] Jesse (Gymini w/ Simon Dean) Viscera Jake (Gymini w/ Simon Dean) Rob Conway Val Venis Daivari Snitsky Lance Cade (Cade & Murdoch w/ Trevor Murdoch) [B][I]Enhancement:[/I][/B] The Boogeyman Funaki Gunner Scott Sylvan Scotty 2 Hotty Vito Jim Duggan (Eugene's Legends w/ Candice Michelle) Kamala (Eugene's Legends w/ Candice Michelle) [B][I]Divas:[/I][/B] Trish Stratus Lita (Manager of Edge) Melina (Manager of Johnny Nitro) Mickie James Victoria Ashley Beth Phoenix Jillian Hall Michelle McCool (w/ Spirit Squad) Candice Michelle (w/ Eugene's Legends) ------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the story of WWE Raw commencing in January 2007, and wether they can handle the pressure of facing ECW, WCW and the rising TNA in a battle of the promotions, or will this time around WCW be able to help bring down the final nail in the coffin of the WWE Empire!

[CENTER]Image Hosted by ImageShack.us What will happen on the first Raw of a new era under Shane & Stephanie McMahon's Management? With the news that Vince McMahon may never return to the company, and with the big loss of superstars who have moved on over the past few days, what is in store for the superstars who remain? The biggest news is that just 24hours ago, Shane & Stephanie McMahon demanded all WWE Champions to return their title belts to the company as they have been vacated until further notice. With rumours that a Tournament will commence tonight with the winner becoming the Undisputed WWE Champion, if this is true who will be involved? Shane McMahon will be live in the arena tonight to discuss this situation. It has now been several months since the fans of the WWE last saw the Number #1 Diva on Raw, Trish Stratus, but we are delighted to confirm that tonight Live on Raw Trish Stratus is back after taking time off. Trish will come back hoping to regain her title as the greatest Diva to ever step foot in the ring, but she will find it hard from the start as she takes on Victoria in her opening return to Raw. Can Trish deliver Stratusfaction to her loyal fans? Rob Conway who has been on a long standing losing streak hopes to make 2007 his year, but his opponent Val Venis will have something to say about that. Can the Conway finally get his first victory in months? What we can announce is that several former Smackdown superstars are now on Raw due to the recent cancellation of the other WWE Broadcast show. This means that tonight you will see the likes of Batista, and Mr Kennedy in action, plus much more in the future. The other big news is that the 'Machine' Kurt Angle (who has only been seen on ECW TV for several months) has signed a new deal to come back and appear on WWE Raw and he is expected to be Live tonight so don't miss a moment as Raw comes to you live from The Conte Forum, New England, Boston, live from 9/8 CT only on the USA Network. [B][I]Confirmed Matches:[/I][/B] Mr Kennedy vs Funaki Trish Stratus vs Victoria Rob Conway vs Val Venis[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B][SIZE="4"]Live from: The Conte Forum, New England, Boston, MA. Attendance: 7.475[/SIZE][/B] The music hit the arena and we are live from Boston, MA for WWE Raw. The camera scans the audience before we see King and JR sitting at ringside welcoming us to Raw. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B]JR:[/B] "Welcome to Raw everyone, we are live from the Conte Forum in Boston and what a night we have planned for you, its a new year and its a new look to the greatest company in sports Entertainment. Sitting alongside me tonight as always is Jerry 'The King' Lawler." [B]King:[/B] "Thats right JR, we are back with a bang and what a year it was in 2006, and from the look of things 2007 is gonna be greater than ever." [B]JR: [/B] "That's right, tonight folks, you have probably already heard or if you have been to wwe.com you will have seen that the wwe has been going through a transition period, and as you may be aware Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff have now parted ways with the company and thanks to a handout from the McMahon family they have gone on to set up their own companies in ECW and WCW respecively." [B]King:[/B] "Well let me say this JR, I dont think they will be around for long, after all look what happened when WCW tried to take on WWE, we kicked their ass and we'll do it again!" [B]JR:[/B] "Im with you on that one King. Ladies and Gentleman, we still have no further news regarding the Chairman of the WWE Vince McMahon who sadly a few months back was hit with a Pedigree by Triple H in a tag team match which resulted in spinal damage to his back and he is still currently resting at home. Since then and this was reported on wwe.com just last week, that Triple H, the man who hit that move on Vince has now parted ways with the company along with several other superstars. We understand that Triple H has now joined his best friend Shawn Michaels in WCW along with Eric Bischoff." [B]King:[/B] "I guess you could say, dont cross the boss JR!" [B]JR:[/B] "I guess you could King, but what of the WWE? Well since this terrible incident, Vince's children Stephanie and Shane McMahon have taken control of the company and tonight we hope to see just what plans they have for the company!" [SIZE="4"][B][I]Confrontation?[/I][/B][/SIZE] "Here comes the Money" sounds out around the arena, as out walks in a casual business suit one half of the chairmans children, Shane McMahon as he makes his way down to the ring. He walks up the steps with what looks like a purpose and climbs inside the ring before he makes his way over and picks up a mic from Lillian Garcia at ringside. The music starts to fade away as the fans wait to hear from what Shane McMahon has to say. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B]Shane:[/B] "Welcome to Raw, in fact, welcome to a new look Raw from now on. You see, since my father's incident myself and my beautiful sister Stephanie have now taken full control of the company and are looking to make some serious changes around here. Now firstly, as you are all aware, Triple H **HUGE HEAT** has parted ways with the company and he will no longer be seen on WWE Television. **POP** You may also notice that several superstars that you used to see week in, week out on Raw or Smackdown have now decided to leave us to seek a fresh starts with a certain two other companies who we very graciously helped out. What I will say though, is if you want the best then stay tuned to Raw for the Greatest Sports Entertainment show you will ever see. Unfortunately, due to that incident several months back, UPN decided to pull the plug on our other show we produced, Smackdown **Heat**, but this means that you can now see all your favourite superstars on one show until further notice. Now, as this is a new year, a fresh start itself in the WWE, myself and my sister decided we needed to shake things up a bit around here now we have two rosters on one show, so as of midnight last night all title belts were returned to myself and Stephanie and we will be holding several matches over the coming weeks to see who just is the greatest wrestlers in the company and the belts will be given to them superstars in question. And that starts tonight folks, because tonight in this very ring we will be holding the first two matches in a Tournament to decide who will be crowned the real WWE World Champion at our first Pay-Per-View of the year, the Royal Rumble. Taking part in this tournament we have picked eight of the best this company has to offer, this week you will witness two matches, and then two more matches next week. You will then see two semi finals over the last two weeks of the Raw before we will crown the World Champion at the Royal Rumble at the end of the month. Now I know what your thinking, just who is involved in this competition, well let me first say that we have picked the cream of the crop. First, we have the Legend Killer himself Randy Orton **Heat**, also taking part will be a former Intercontinental Champion Carlito **Pop**, plus another former Intercontinental Champion Johnny Nitro along with the beautiful Melina **Heat**, who else will there be, well of course you can't have a championship without the longest reigning champion in Smackdown history for the past 10 years, John Bradshaw Layfield **Heat** will be taking part, plus the former champion himself, Edge will be in action **Heat**. Thats not all though, as we welcome back to Raw, the Machine, Kurt Angle **POP**, and that leaves just two spots open, and they will goto......" Before he can continue, the crowd erupts as the music hits around the arena and out walks with a purpose on his face, John Cena. Cena walked out and went over to the left side of the top of the ramp as he posed for the fans before moving back to the centre, and standing before doing his trademark salute to the fans and then making his way down to the ring as he slid under the bottom rope and stood up looking directly at Shane McMahon who wasnt happy with this intrussion. Cena stood for a moment staring down Shane before he walked over and took hold of a 2nd mic from Lillian Garcia. Cena walked around the ring as the crowd continued their pop before it died down alowing Cena to speak. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B]Cena:[/B] "Well looka what we have here, why its the demon sperm of the boss himself. **POP** Shane, I was sat backstage listening to your rambling going on and on and on, you know Shane, your even more irratating than that Duracel bunny that just wont stop. **POP**" [B]Shane:[/B] "Thats very funny John, but maybe you dont know this, but theres a new sheriff in town around here, and your looking at him!" [B]Cena:[/B] "You, your the new sheriff in town? You look more like Deputy Dawg than a sheriff. **POP** Listen up and listen up good Shane, coz i heard what you were saying about this tournament for the wwe championship belt, a belt i owned before you stripped me of the title just last night. Well I guess you enjoyed that didnt you Shane, but I want my title back, I want whats mine, now you have two choices, either you can put me in that tournament so i can beat everyones ass and take back what i own, or you can not put me in the tournament, and ill just beat your ass for being the punk ass son of a bitch we all know you are!" Cena then gets angry as he takes his t-shirt off as if he's getting ready to fight as the crowd pop for this. [B]Shane:[/B] "Now wait a minute Cena, before you get all worked up hear me out. First, you should never come out and interupt me when im speaking in this very ring, **Cena raises his fist as if hes getting ready to attack** Whoa, wait a minute, now im not gonna hold that against you so you can calm down ok, because you are to be included in this tournament. As a matter of fact, your first match will be tonight in this very ring." Shane slowly moves over to the ropes as he climbs through and Cena looks on wondering why hes rushing to get out the ring so quickly. Shane then jumps down off the ring and slowly walks backwards up the ramp back to the top as he still holds the mic. [B]Shane: [/B] "Oh John, something I forgot to tell you, your opponent tonight, well I was gonna put you in with maybe JBL or Kurt Angle, or maybe even Randy Orton but then I thought again, and tonight, it will be John Cena one on one against...... BATISTA!" The crowd pops big time at hearing this huge match being made as John Cena stands in the ring looking shocked at this announcement as Shane smiles and his music kicks in again around the arena as he walks backstage leaving Cena stood in the ring running his hand over his head looking angry at having to face Batista tonight live on Raw as we headed to our first commercial. [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 8 [I][AD BREAKS][/I] [SIZE="4"][B][I]Matches Tonight![/I][/B][/SIZE] As we returned from the ad breaks, we got a brief clip of what just happened before the break as Shane McMahon announced a tournanment starting tonight. [B]JR: [/B] "Folks, its all set to start tonight, 8 men will kick off a tournament and tonight as you see we already have one huge match made." Promos then aired as we saw one match already made, showing John Cena vs Batista live tonight. [B]King:[/B] "What a match that is, I dont think Batista and John Cena have ever met inside the ring." [B]JR:[/B] "That's right King, but we have just been given word that tonight we will be seeing a 2nd match and what a match this is gonna be, we have the return of Kurt Angle back in the WWE!" A promo then aired the next match tonight, as we see Kurt Angle in action as he will be facing Johnny Nitro w/ Melina in the 2nd match of the tournament. [B]King:[/B] "Johnny Nitro is gonna have to be on his game tonight, and we get to see the lovely Melina." [B]JR:[/B] "Calm down King, we still have a long way to go yet." [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 8 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Mr Kennedy vs Funaki[/I][/B][/SIZE] Image Hosted by ImageShack.us vs Image Hosted by ImageShack.us The first match of the night started with the echoing voice of Mr Kennedy's name as he walked out and down to the ring, before doing his trademark entrance of standing in the ring informing Lillian to get out, as he raised his hand and the mic came down with the lights dimmed down. [B]Kennedy:[/B] "Your opening match on Raw of this year, is a match featuring the man who will single handely change the way Raw's ratings on Monday Nights, weighing in at 249 pounds, and coming from Green Bay, Wisconsin, I give to you, Misttttteeerrrrr Kennedy! **Kennedy pauses as he looks around for a moment before moving to the turnbuckle and climbing to the 2nd rope as he raises the mic again to his mouth** KENNEDY!" As he then throws the mic down and it raises back up as Lillian introduces Kennedy's opponent for the opening match, Funaki who gets a slight pop from the fans. Mr Kennedy was able to pick up a victory on 8.48 secs with a bulldog off the top rope as Funaki crashed down to the mat, before the cover and pinfall. He then called for the mic once again. [B]Kennedy:[/B] "The winner of this match, as always, and soon to be your champion on Raw, Miisssttttteeeerrr Kennedy **He pauses again, as he looks at the ref checking on Funaki** KENNEDY!" Kennedy throws the mic away as he climbs through the ropes and down to the mat making his way up the ramp. [B][I]Winner: [/I][/B] Mr Kennedy (via pinfall in 8:48) [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 5 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Secret Admirer?[/I][/B][/SIZE] Backstage we find Ashley making her way down the corridor as she goes into her locker room and is shocked to see some flowers next to her locker door. She walks over to look at them, and sees a little note attached as she removes it and looks at it, as the camera zooms in to see what it says. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [I]"To the most beautiful woman on Raw!"[/I] Ashley smiles as she picks up the flowers and smells them smiling excitedly at getting such a wonderful gift from someone. [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 3 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Number #1 Diva Is Back[/I][/B][/SIZE] Backstage we find Trish Stratus standing by looking directly at the camera as she goes to speak. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B]Trish:[/B] "For those of you who dont remember me, my name is Trish Stratus, the Number #1 Diva in the wwe. Now for the past couple of months, Ive been away taking some time of, as some of you may have heard I got married, **boos**, but that hasnt stopped my passion for this business, and now im back, im back to show all the other divas in the wwe, that Trish Stratus is the greatest women's champion in the history of this business, Trish Stratus is the greatest diva to ever step foot in the wwe, so tonight guys, get ready for some Stratusfaction!" Trish winks at the camera and then walks off, as we head to a video. [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 5 [SIZE="4"][B][I]The Machine Has Returned![/I][/B][/SIZE] After the Trish promo, a video is aired over the titantron, as we see an outline of a man stood in the background in the dark, as flashes of video footage cuts in for split seconds showing extreme violence before the camera moves in closer after each quick shot, as it then moves up the body and the person turns around as we see the mouth open, and a guardpeace covering their teeth with the word 'Machine' written on them, as we move up further to see the stare of the eyes looking deep into the camera with almost a frightening look before the camera moves out quickly and we see Kurt Angle stood there, before he screams out in anger clenching his fists and showing his muscles and the guardpeice in his mouth as the screen goes black, and the words show up on the screen. "The Machine Has Returned To The WWE: KURT ANGLE! is back....... TONIGHT!" as the video gets a pop from the fans for one of their favourites. [B][I]Rating: [/I][/B] 8 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Divas Match: Trish Stratus vs Victoria[/I][/B][/SIZE] Image Hosted by ImageShack.us vs Image Hosted by ImageShack.us After the video, the arena went dark and the music hit as out walked another favourite of the fans who had been on leave for several months but now returns to the wwe, Trish Stratus as she made her way down to the ring and climbed inside getting a huge pop from the fans. Victoria then made her way down to the ring as her opponent introducied by Lillian Garcia. Trish Stratus was able to pick up a victory after 7mins 51secs with a Stratusfaction on Victoria for the pinfall. [B][I]Winner:[/I][/B] Trish Stratus (via pinfall in 7:51) [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 5 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Celebration[/I][/B][/SIZE] After the victory, and with the referee helping Victoria out of the ring, Trish Stratus climbed the four turnbuckles posing for the fans on her return to action in the wwe. [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 4 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Match Next[/I][/B][/SIZE] [B]JR:[/B] "Folks, a great victory there and the return of one of the, if not the greatest diva to ever step foot in the squared circle, Trish Stratus, but coming up after this break, we will be seeing Rob Conway in action as he goes one on one against Val Venis." [B]King:[/B] "Puppies JR, Puppies, I missed Trish!" [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 2 [I][AD BREAKS][/I] [SIZE="4"][B][I]Rob Conway vs Val Venis[/I][/B][/SIZE] Image Hosted by ImageShack.us vs Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Conway was waiting in the ring upon the return from the breaks to Raw, as the music hit and the arena turned a hint of purple/pink as out walked Val Venis in his trademark towel. He made his way down to the ring admiring the women in the audience who the cameramen were picking out as he climbed inside and up on the turnbuckle before unslipping the towel and twirling it around before placing it over the corner turnbuckle as the match got underway. Val Venis was able to pick up an impressive victory over Rob Conway who things just didnt seem to be going well for as of late as Venis hit the Money Shot and picked up a pinfall in 8mins 53secs. Venis then grabbed his towel and walked around the ring before wrapping it around a lady in the audience and getting a kiss leaving the towel with her as he made his way back up the ramp. [B][I]Winner:[/I][/B] Val Venis (via pinfall in 8:53) [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 3 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Admirer?[/I][/B][/SIZE] Backstage we caught a shot of Chris 'The Masterpiece' Masters watching a tv monitor in the corridor of the match that had just taken place as he shook his head looking at Conway losing another match. He lifted his hand to his chin and started to rub it slightly as he began to nod in agreement of something he was thinking to himself as a slight grin came across his face. [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 3 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Rated R: Superstar[/I][/B][/SIZE] After the backstage moment, another video aired over the arena titantron showing Edge in action over the past year since he won the title back at New Years Revolution 2006 and then going on to win it again later on in the year as it showed him in action against John Cena, Triple H and other superstars along with his lover Lita. It ended stating that Edge would be here next week live on Raw. [B][I]Rating: [/I][/B] 8 [SIZE="4"][B][I]WWE Championship Round 1: Batista vs John Cena[/I][/B][/SIZE] Image Hosted by ImageShack.us vs Image Hosted by ImageShack.us The crowd then popped as we were back from the video and John Cena's music hit as he walked out from backstage to the top of the ramp and posed for the fans, before once again giving the salute to his soldiers before making his way down to the ring and climbing inside. He then went on to remove his t-shirt and threw it into the crowd as he got prepared for his opponent. The mood slightly changed, as the fans once again still gave a pop as the music hit and out walked ready for action, a former World heavyweight Champion, Batista as he posed at either side of the ramp area before his trademark entrance near the top as the pyros exploded behind him. He then made his way down to the ring as he climbed up the steps and inside, as Lillian Garcia introduced the match as a WWE Championship Match Qualifier, with the winner going through to 2 weeks time to face another challenger. The match eventually got underway with Batista showing his power in the ring by dominating from the start, throwing Cena around like a rag doll at times. Cena tried everything to take charge but was just to weak against a powerhouse like Batista, until he resorted to a cheaper tactic as he poked Batista in the eyes and then took him down with a shot to the leg from bouncing off the ropes as Batista dropped to one knee, before Cena came off the ropes with a dropkick sending Batista down to the mat, and a cover almost got a 3 count but batista kicked out. Cena then used everything he could to keep Batista down on the mat but eventually he was able to get back to his feet using the ropes to climb up as Cena came off the ropes and hit a clothesline as both men crashed to the outside of the ring near the announce table as the ref looked on as both men were down, and Jim Ross called it as what is gonna happen next and who will go through to the next round as we'll be right back. [I][AD BREAKS][/I] As we returned we found Cena in control again as they showed footage of what took place during the ad break, as we saw Batista pick up Cena and run him smashing his back against the ring post on the outside of the ring. Batista backed away before running in with a clothesline only for Cena to duck out the way and Batista's elbow cracked against the metal ring post in what could be a serious injury. Cena used it to his advantage as he grabbed the arm twisting it and smashing it around the post as we came back to the action. Cena was dominating the action as he ducked Batista's clothesline and Batista turned around as Cena picked him up onto his shoulders as he struggled to keep hold of the heavy guy but managed to do so. Batista then came crashing down to the centre of the mat as John Cena was able to hit a perfect FU in the ring as the crowd popped for what looked like a certain victory. Suddenly, from the top of the ramp came running down Shane McMahon as he jumped up onto the apron as John Cena covered Batista, and the ref was distracted by Shane screaming at him as the ref was signalling for Shane to get down off the ring apron. John Cena could have got a 10 count as he turned to look back and saw Shane arguing with the ref as he got to his feet and moved over, turning the ref around and telling him to do his job. The ref argued the case about Shane being there, as Cena out of nowhere suddenly turned and decked Shane in the face with a right punch as Shane crashed to the outside onto the floor, as Cena looked down pointing at him to keep out of it. Unfortunately for Cena, as he turned around he was met with a kick to the gut as Batista stood waiting and he picked up John Cena around his shoulders, turning him around and hit a Batista Bomb in the middle of the ring. Batista then made the cover as the ref dropped to the mat and counted, and 1-2-3 hits of the mat later, Batista had won the match in 14mins 48secs via pinfall. The ref moved over and raised Batista's hand in victory as Cena stayed in the centre of the ring hurt, as JR and King screamed down the mic about what an injustice had just been caused to John Cena by Shane McMahon. [B][I]Winner:[/I][/B] Batista (via pinfall in 14:48) [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 7 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Advice from a Master 'piece'[/I][/B][/SIZE] Backstage we found Rob Conway sitting in his locker room looking depressed after another loss to Val Venis as in walked Chris Masters. Conway jumped up looking at him. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B]Conway:[/B] "What do you want, you come to gloat or something, coz i dont need it right now ok Chris!" [B]Masters:[/B] "Actually Rob, I've come here because I was watching your match earlier tonight, and I don't gloat about wrestlers getting beat, well that is unless they are beaten by me of course, then I have the right to gloat about it. But Rob, I watched your match and I think maybe we could help each other out here." [B]Conway:[/B] "Help each other, what are you talking about?" [B]Masters:[/B] "Well you see, I've got this 'personal friend' who needs, shall we say, a view of the city, and I thought youd be just the guy to help me out, coz you know, I cant just let anyone touch this 'Masterpiece' of a body I have, it has to be someone special, so if you can take care of this personal issue for me, then maybe I could help you out in the ring out there, maybe give you a few guidelines as to where your going wrong." [B]Conway: [/B] "Well that depends doesnt it, is this 'personal issue' pretty?" [B]Master:[/B] "Do you need to ask, I mean come on Rob! Im the 'Masterpiece', I dont go around with ugly women, I only have the best, only this one, well, she seems a little too clingy for me if you understand. So maybe I could introduce you, you could you know, show her around town, maybe get to know her a bit better, if you know what I mean!" [B]Conway:[/B] "Ok, well where is she?" [B]Masters:[/B] "She's over at this restaurant waiting for me to arrive, but what I can do is take you along, introduce you to her, then i'll excuse myself and you two can just do whatever you want. And then tomorrow, you give me a call and let me know it's been dealt with and I'll sort out your problems your having in the ring!" [B]Conway:[/B] "And what happens if it doesnt help me?" [B]Masters:[/B] "Come on Rob, I'm Chris Masters, I'm the man everyone is talking about around here. I'll guarantee that you get exactly what you want inside that ring with just a little advice and help from me. So what ya say?" [B]Conway:[/B] "Ok, Im in on it, but this had better work, and she had better be hot!" [B]Masters: [/B] "Oh, she's hot alright believe me. Listen, go and get changed and I'll meet you by the car and take you to see her." [B]Conway:[/B] "Ok, I'll see you out in the parking lot then!" Masters leaves the locker room as he closes the door behind him and smiles before he walks off down the corridor towards the parking lot to wait for Conway to join him. [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 3 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Kane's Back Next Week![/I][/B][/SIZE] A video is then aired, showing footage of Kane's 2nd movie for the company which he had been filming, the sequel to his first film he made called "See No Evil, Speak No Evil!" It showed clips of the horror that goes on in the film, before it shows a rather gruesome picture of Kane in make up from the film and announces that next week, Kane will be returning to action in the WWE! [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 7 [SIZE="4"][B][I]The Getaway![/I][/B][/SIZE] Backstage we find John Cena walking down the corridor as he opens the door to every room he finds, looking furious at being screwed out of contesting for the title at the Royal Rumble. He doesnt find anyone, until he finds a locked door, as he stands back and kicks it down as he enters to find a backstage guy shaking almost at the door being kicked in. Cena grabs him. [B]Cena:[/B] "Where is he, where is Shane McMahon!" [B]Guy:[/B] "I, I, I dont know. I havent seen him since this morning, Honest!" [B]Cena:[/B] "Now you wouldnt lie to me would you, because if you do, then you see that wall!" [B]Guy:[/B] "Yes!" [B]Cena: [/B] "Well I think your head would look good placed through that wall, dont you. Now where is Shane O'Mac!" [B]Guy:[/B] "I dont know, I swear!" Suddenly, Shane McMahon appears at the doorway and he sees Cena with the backstage guy, as Cena turns and sees him. Shane runs off immediately as fast as he can down the corridor as Cena throws the guy away against the wall as he walks out the room and sees Shane running down the bottom of the corridor. [B]Cena:[/B] "Shane, IM GONNA KICK YOUR ASS SHANE!" Cena walks down after him as Shane continues blasting through some doors towards the parking lot as Cena starts to pick up speed and runs after him. As Cena runs through the doors he sees Shane jumping into the back of a limo as it speeds off in a hurry as Cena runs after it as he chases it up the ramp and out of sight as Jim Ross screams down the mic, "Bah Gawd, Shane had better run after he screwed the former Champ. Will Cena get his hands on Shane tonight?!" [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 8 [I][AD BREAKS][/I] [SIZE="4"][B][I]Nitro Charged Up![/I][/B][/SIZE] Backstage as we return to Raw, we find one of the contenders for the Main Event in their locker room as Melina is stood alongside Johnny Nitro. Nitro stands admiring himself in the mirror as he poses with his fur coat and shades on smiling at how pretty he looks to himself. [B]Melina:[/B] "What the hell are you doing? Listen Johnny, you have a match next, not just any match but against one of the most vicious men to ever step foot in this ring. Are you listening to me?" Nitro continues looking in the mirror. [B]Nitro:[/B] "Melina, listen, I know what I'm doing, don't worry. Hey, I mean come on, look at me, I have the physique of a world class athlete, what does Kurt Angle have, apart from an Olympic Gold Medal, I mean if i was at the Olympics, I would have won every Gold Medal I competed in, not just 1." [B]Melina: [/B] "I dont believe this, will you stop looking in that mirror. **Melina whips Nitro around to look at her** What is wrong with you? Your match, its to qualify for a chance to win the WWE Championship Belt, do you know what that means? Do you know what that could do for you and me? We'd have gold, not old gold like the Intercontinental Belt, but real Gold as in WWE Championship belt around your waist, and I'm not gonna let you screw that up for us. So get your game face on will you, and come on." Melina walks out the locker room, as Nitro turns to look in the mirror one last time admiring his body as he brushes his fingers down his upper chest before he hears Melina screaming out for him as he turns and walks out smiling. [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 5 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Stand Off?[/I][/B][/SIZE] Elsewhere backstage we find the Spirit Squad walking down the corridor cheering themselves on and being lead by newest Raw diva Michelle McCool who is also dressed in a Cheerleader outfit. Suddenly from around the corridor comes Eugene and his friends, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Kamala and Eugene's newest friend, Candice Michelle. As they all walk on down the corridor, they realise that they are stuck facing each other, with nowhere left to go. Michelle McCool walks up to Candice and Eugene looking them up and down before backing away, and then standing with the Spirit Squad as she started a spirit cheer. [B]Michelle:[/B] "Give me a M *M*, Give me a O *O*, Give me V *V*, Give me a E *E*, what does it spell." [B]Spirit Squad:[/B] "MOVE!" The Spirit Squad then push their way past Eugene and his friends pushing them out the way as they squeezed past as members of the Spirit Squad laughes at the other team as they continues their walk on down the corridor. [B][I]Rating: [/I][/B] 2 [SIZE="4"][B][I]WWE Championship Round 1: Kurt Angle vs Johnny Nitro w/ Melina[/I][/B][/SIZE] Nitro's music hit as out came the red carpet and photographers, as they made their way to the entrance ramp and out walked in his fur coat and shared, Johnny Nitro accompanied as ever with his arm linked to the lovely Melina. They stood at the top of the ramp, doing their trademark posing for the camera in each others arms before making their way down to the ring and Melina jumping up onto the ring apron as Nitro covered her modesty before running and sliding in between Melina's split legs stood inside the ring as Nitro posed lying down before he jumped to his feet and posed with Melina. The music then changed to some hard hitting heavy metal type music as out walked in his ring costume, the Man Made Machine Kurt Angle. He posed at the top raising his hands as the pyros exploded in the background before he continues his walk down to the ring and inside as he was ready for action. Kurt Angle dominated from the start, as he used his amature background knowledge on teasing Nitro into making mistakes and cleaning up every move with a counter. Melina tried encouraging Nitro from the outside but Angle dominated until he made a small mistake, as Nitro was down and Angle ran to the ropes but Melina grabbed his foot and blocked him. Angle turned at the ropes and reached over as Melina backed away which allowed Nitro to get to his feet and he ran with a clothesline to the back of the head on Angle who crashed over the top rope as Nitro followed. Nitro then picked him up and threw him head first into the steel stairs as JR's voice echoed over the tv as to is this the end of Kurt Angle, or can he return and qualify? [I][AD BREAKS][/I] We returned to find Johnny Nitro still in action, and Melina screaming on the outside of the ring. Nitro continued putting a beat down on Angle, until he made a mistake and upon climbing the turnbuckle he jumped off hoping for an elbow drop but met the mat as Angle moved out of the way. Angle then started a comeback, hitting some moves to Nitro including a big backdrop as Melina looked on worried. After some more attacking shots, Angle then set himself ready as Nitro layed in the centre of the ring on his front, as Angle pulled down his straps of his outfit and screamed out, before grabbing Nitro's foot and twisted it as Nitro screamed out in agony. Melina tried to jump in the ring but the ref told her to get down as she did so and looked on trying to encourage Nitro to get to the ropes as he reached out, and Melina climbed under the ropes to grab Nitro and attempt to drag him to the ropes to grab a hold and break the hold, only for Angle to pull Nitro back to the centre of the ring as Melina's hand pulled away and she fell back to the outside of the ring onto the mat as Nitro eventually started to tap out as the ref called for the bell on the 16min 24secs mark as Lillian Garcia announced the winner and qualifier to the next round via Submission, Kurt Angle as the ref eventually got him to let go of Nitro's ankle as he continued screaming in pain before Melina grabbed him and helped him to the outside of the ring leaving Angle in the ring screaming at a victory tonight on Raw. [B][I]Winner:[/I][/B] Kurt Angle (via submission in 16:24) [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 7 [SIZE="4"][B][I]Qualifying Celebration![/I][/B][/SIZE] After the match, and with Johnny Nitro being helped up the ramp area hobbling on one foot with Melina's help, Kurt Angle stood in the ring screaming like a man made machine, as JR's voice echoed through the tv sets. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us [B]JR: [/B] "Kurt Angle has qualified folks, who will be next for the Man Made Machine, Batista and Angle are through, but who will join them next week, will it be JBL and Randy Orton, or will Carlito and Edge have something to say about it. Folks, thank you for joining us on this opening edition of Raw for 2007, and join us next week. Bah Gawd, can anyone stop this machine Kurt Angle?" The show ended with footage of Kurt Angle posing on the turnbuckles for the fans, still screaming out as we see his mouthpiece showing the words, 'MACHINE'....... [B][I]Rating:[/I][/B] 8[/CENTER]

Nice diary so far, although I'm a little confused as why the WWE would "give" Bischoff and Heyman lucrative packages to reopen promotions that would be in direct competition with their own. Anyway, it's a means to an end in bringing back both WCW and ECW. Also, what exactly are the match ratings based on?

Archived