Update on the update

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the update. I'm working through some of the issues people have raised and have made some headway on them. Here's an initial list of the features I am currently working on that are in the game (based on feedback): 1. Tightening up play by play - this involves adding the missing plays in the game log, updating some grammar/sp issues and cleaning up other aspects of it. 2. Improving the recruit pitch process - Now, you will get an email after you scout a recruit that gives some additional insight on his pitch. It's still going to be handled the same (ie, you only get 1 chance to get the bonus - no partial credit). But, now atleast you have more information to work with. It also adds another reason to scout players early. 3. Improve the transfer logic - if an effort is made to play the player in the prior season, it now means more. Also, I am working on some options for coaches to get more feedback on potential transfer risks when redshirting players. 4. Improved the polls - Strength of schedule has been made more of a factor. The main emphasis here has been trying to improve the poll logic in the middle weeks since that's where most of the remaining problems still remain. Usually, things work themselves out by the end of the season, but you sometimes see teams ride out some generious slotting in the middle of the season. 5. Other reported errors on the tech support forums. Most are pretty minor but I will keep reading the forum for issues. I will also be adding a few new features and will get more info out on them once I get them working in the update. As an aside, I would like to setup a small group in addition to my first BETA team to take a look at this update and some of the changes over the next few weeks. This would involve some time devoted by the people involved and I would ask that they be current owners who are active in the game discussions (so that they know some of the issues). I am just looking for a few people, but if anyone is interested in this, please PM me and I will get back with you. You would have to sign a NDA, but you would get a chance to playtest the update and maybe even impact some of the features. Again, this is a beta testing position, so understand that before signing up. You may hit issues and errors in this process. Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol]Maybe allow us a setting to tweak it to our liking? If nothing else, just to input a pct. of last year's totals for the upcoming year?[/QUOTE] This is a good idea. Not everyone will agree, so this would cover the most bases.

[QUOTE=Gallifrey]In looking through the stats I think Georgia is a good example. A 10-4 record and look at the numbers. On both sides of the ball.[/QUOTE] Georgia had an all world JUCO that played QB last year, so that could be skewed a bit. He's went pro after his junior season, so we won't have another season from Artrell Pierson to compare with.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol]Georgia had an all world JUCO that played QB last year, so that could be skewed a bit. He's went pro after his junior season, so we won't have another season from Artrell Pierson to compare with.[/QUOTE] Thanks Cooleyvol. It will be interesting to see how the Bulldogs do now that the QB is gone. With your league you will have a better feel for the numbers than I can gather so new to the game.

Arlie, I posted this in the suggestions thread but wasn't sure if you looked over there much and think this would be a great thing to add albeit time permitting of course. Looking forward to this update. I would really like to get one small thing added to the pregame schedule screen. The weeks schedule of games where you select preview and paly the game you want. In the post season or bowl games time period how about adding the location of the game under the teams. I know that modders who make the custom bowl game logos to the real world bowls this might involve to get the Cotton Bowl in Dallas,TX. It would be good to know where each bowl game is being played even the default fictional bowl games. So if e.g.the Grape Bowl is one the bowls, where is nit? This can be important for some teams. If a bowl game is in Idaho and Idaho St. is in the Bowl it could be ahome game type game for them. They would get the home field advantage as well. Even if a team is not from that city but say e.g. a bowl in Utah with Colorado vs North Carolina, Colrado would get a smaller than the usual full home field advantage since they are playing close to home and their fans can more easily travel to their.

Archived