Does the bars even have an effect?

Guest .SVA

I am now purely convinced that his game is random. There are these bars when youre in a match (Momentum, Overall Energy and Current Engergy) and i'n the matches i've played they don't have any effect, other then just oufitting the screen. I've had a full momentum bar and my opponent had ZERO momentum. And still with a 23% (-14% becuase I made a counter-action) and still he hits his finisher just like this, in first try and ends the match. Now if that is'nt random, tell me that is. (The whole meaning to this thread si; please explain to me what does bars do? And do they even have an effect?)

The energy bars show how much health you have; their effect is to show you what sort of condition you are in. As they drop, the opponent gets access to his better moves. [QUOTE]And still with a 23% (-14% becuase I made a counter-action) and still he hits his finisher just like this, in first try and ends the match. Now if that is'nt random, tell me that is.[/QUOTE] It's basic probability. A percentage is a chance out of 100. A 9% chance (23 - 14) means that the move will LIKELY hit 9 times out of every 100 that it is tried. If he hit it first time, that means he was very lucky, but hardly achieving the impossible. If you are struggling to understand this, I suggest reading up on basic probability theory, you should find it quite easily in any school-level mathematics textbook.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]It's basic probability. A percentage is a chance out of 100. A 9% chance (23 - 14) means that the move will LIKELY hit 9 times out of every 100 that it is tried. If he hit it first time, that means he was very lucky, but hardly achieving the impossible. If you are struggling to understand this, I suggest reading up on basic probability theory, you should find it quite easily in any school-level mathematics textbook.[/QUOTE] Nah, i'm just a big whiner. I needed a plave to let out my frustrations and it randomly became this thread.

Archived