couple suggestions

When seniors graduate and some make to the next level, it will be interesting to see how high your players were drafted, or how many were undrafted but signed a contract. This might not only be interesting, but recruits can look at it and think the school gets players prepared for the pros and be attracted to that. More early commitments. Not sure if this is because Im playing with mid-tier school, but even ones that say that its they're dream school still wait till the last week of recruiting to commit. Also, you should be able to offer more than the number of scholarships you have available. This is what college coaches do in real life because not all offers lead to commitments. Of course, when someone commits but you cannot accept him because you are already over the limit, then the school should get points off in prestige or something. Recruit ratings seem rather high. not sure if its just my recruiting service, but there seems to be too many 5stars and 4stars. Rivals usually have around 30 5-star players per year, Scout usually have around 50. This shouldnt really make any difference, just add more realism. Important part about college football is that the student-atheletes are first and foremost students. I think academics should play a small role for recruits when considering which school to commit to (especially ones with high intelligence and ones that do not have enough talent to be a lock at the pros). It seems rather cruel when you assign academic tutors just so that they don't get suspended and can play in your team. This makes me favor the starters and rather ignore whether the reserves get suspended or not, but this shouldn't be happening in college football. Academics can be measured by number of players getting suspended, or overall graduation rate, et cetera. all I can think of atm. Great job on the game! one of the more addictive games Ive ever played

Good points here --- I added some comments. [QUOTE=FightingMethodists]When seniors graduate and some make to the next level, it will be interesting to see how high your players were drafted, or how many were undrafted but signed a contract. This might not only be interesting, but recruits can look at it and think the school gets players prepared for the pros and be attracted to that. [B][COLOR="Red"]--- IMO, the coaches could receive an email about where players graduating were drafted (or signed as FA's) and this could effect a coaches' recruiting skill level. [/COLOR][/B] More early commitments. Not sure if this is because Im playing with mid-tier school, but even ones that say that its they're dream school still wait till the last week of recruiting to commit. Also, you should be able to offer more than the number of scholarships you have available. This is what college coaches do in real life because not all offers lead to commitments. Of course, when someone commits but you cannot accept him because you are already over the limit, then the school should get points off in prestige or something. [B][COLOR="red"][COLOR="red"] --- I agree you should be able to offer more scholarships than you have if you want. If a player signs then you have the player. If a player you really want is available and you have signed recruits for all scholarships - you are OUT OF LUCK. Also if you must withdraw offers to recruits , it has a negitive effect on coaches' recruiting skills.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B] Recruit ratings seem rather high. not sure if its just my recruiting service, but there seems to be too many 5stars and 4stars. Rivals usually have around 30 5-star players per year, Scout usually have around 50. This shouldnt really make any difference, just add more realism. Important part about college football is that the student-atheletes are first and foremost students. I think academics should play a small role for recruits when considering which school to commit to (especially ones with high intelligence and ones that do not have enough talent to be a lock at the pros). It seems rather cruel when you assign academic tutors just so that they don't get suspended and can play in your team. This makes me favor the starters and rather ignore whether the reserves get suspended or not, but this shouldn't be happening in college football. Academics can be measured by number of players getting suspended, or overall graduation rate, et cetera. all I can think of atm. Great job on the game! one of the more addictive games Ive ever played[/QUOTE]

The only thing that really got tedious was the recruiting at times. the interface could use some tweaks. It can be difficult going back to see which recruits are still interested in your program and which aren't after a week of recruiting. You get the emails but you can't see the recruits you are looking at on teh recruit screens and also have the recent email info. So the email tells me john smith rb I sent a scholarship offert o is not at all inetrested in my school in the email burt on the recruiting screen it shows that he is a 7-8 . It is just cumbersome seeing the email info is my point. I have actually started to write the recruits down on paer or saved the html in notepad and keep clicking back and forth between the email text of recruits level of interest and the recruit screen. I also, want to see a way to choose the walkons or the scholarship players after the final week of recruiting when the AI just fills your spots. So for example I have three scholarships left after the last week of recruiting but don't get any of the players I offered scholarships too. It seems the ai randomly selects players to take those scholarships or add players to my roster if no scholarships are available. So if I am trying to get a center, Wide reciever and /or asafety but don't get any of those players the AI should try to get a player that matches those needs if albeit a lesser recruit level. They should not be giving away scholarships e.g. to a punter a fourth string fullback and a kicker . I add this to the suggestion thread.

[QUOTE=galaril;134543]The only thing that really got tedious was the recruiting at times. the interface could use some tweaks. It can be difficult going back to see which recruits are still interested in your program and which aren't after a week of recruiting. You get the emails but you can't see the recruits you are looking at on teh recruit screens and also have the recent email info. So the email tells me john smith rb I sent a scholarship offert o is not at all inetrested in my school in the email burt on the recruiting screen it shows that he is a 7-8 . It is just cumbersome seeing the email info is my point. I have actually started to write the recruits down on paer or saved the html in notepad and keep clicking back and forth between the email text of recruits level of interest and the recruit screen.[/QUOTE] I just click "Print" on the e-mail which opens a browser window with the list, then go back to the UI. I've got a large enough screen that I can see the important bits of the e-mail off to the side of BBCF.

[QUOTE=gstelmack;134868]I just click "Print" on the e-mail which opens a browser window with the list, then go back to the UI. I've got a large enough screen that I can see the important bits of the e-mail off to the side of BBCF.[/QUOTE] That's exactly what I do but it isn't what I would call optimizing usability concepts. In other words it might be something to look at later.

Arlie, Looking forward to this update. I would really like to get one small thing added to the pregame schedule screen. The weeks schedule of games where you select preview and paly the game you want. In the post season or bowl games time period how about adding the location of the game under the teams. I know that modders who make the custom bowl game logos to the real world bowls this might involve to get the Cotton Bowl in Dallas,TX. It would be good to know where each bowl game is being played even the default fictional bowl games. So if e.g.the Grape Bowl is one the bowls, where is nit? This can be important for some teams. If a bowl game is in Idaho and Idaho St. is in the Bowl it could be ahome game type game for them. They would get the home field advantage as well. Even if a team is not from that city but say e.g. a bowl in Utah with Colorado vs North Carolina, Colrado would get a smaller than the usual full home field advantage since they are playing close to home and their fans can more easily travel to their.

• 1 month later...
As I mentioned before the service academies e.g. Air force, Navy and Army should be restricted from players going into the draft early since they all have 4 or 8 year commitments and can't get out of them. I just had two players granted the Heisman winner from the previous season and a 4.5 DT but still two early guys heading to the draft in one year from Air Force? See below I have pasted the early draft list. Also, I thinking the running wishbone needs to be looked at it seems no matter what I do in game planning my QB throws the ball 60% 75% of the time and runs rarely in the wishbone though he has high runnning 85 and high instincts 77. I think the problem with the wishbone is that the QB doesn't have enough keepers in the wishbone. Same thing with the wingback. It feels like the wishbone is the same as the balanced attack in the game engine. Here is the final list of players declaring early for the 2012 pro draft. Teams with players on the list below will get additional recruiting funds for each player lost: DE John Bailey, Sr, Florida TE Steven Bean, Sr, Florida DT Michael Bowers, Sr, Tennessee QB Marshall Bunch, Sr, Oregon WR Clarence Campbell, Sr, Oregon State SS James Cohen, Sr, Wash State DT Cecil Cook, (Sr), Kentucky CB Christopher Davis, Sr, USC DT Rodney Diaz, Sr, Iowa ILB Andre Dixon, Sr, Clemson ILB Dennis Do, Sr, Purdue SS Davis Fuentes, Sr, Oklahoma DT Mark Garner, Sr, Texas Tech WR Russell Green, Sr, Michigan TE Richard Hall, (Jr), Purdue SS Paul Haynes, (Jr), West Virginia OLB John Holden, Sr, Illinois WR Sidney Ho, Sr, Miami RB George Lynch, Sr, Texas A&M SS Raymond Murdock, Sr, Wisconsin DT Eugene Nance, (Sr), Air Force:mad: WR Dwayne Norris, (Jr), Fresno State ILB James Ramos, Sr, Southern Methodist RB Ronald Reid, Sr, Texas C James Richardson, Sr, Wisconsin FS John Roberts, Sr, Army QB Anthony Sims, (Sr), Air Force:eek: FB James Smith, Sr, Minnesota QB Kevin Stevenson, Sr, UCLA WR Ralph Tate, Sr, Ole Miss QB George Terry, Sr, Miami RB Edward Walters, Sr, California OT Jason Williams, Sr, Missouri OLB George Wright, Sr, Florida State RB Kevin Young, Sr, Colorado

As I mentioned before the service academies e.g. Air force, Navy and Army should be restricted from players going into the draft early since they all have 4 or 8 year commitments and can't get out of them. I just had two players granted the Heisman winner from the previous season and a 4.5 DT but still two early guys heading to the draft in one year from Air Force? See below I have pasted the early draft list. Also, I thinking the running wishbone needs to be looked at it seems no matter what I do in game planning my QB throws the ball 60% 75% of the time and runs rarely in the wishbone though he has high runnning 85 and high instincts 77. I think the problem with the wishbone is that the QB doesn't have enough keepers in the wishbone. Same thing with the wingback. It feels like the wishbone is the same as the balanced attack in the game engine. Here is the final list of players declaring early for the 2012 pro draft. Teams with players on the list below will get additional recruiting funds for each player lost: DE John Bailey, Sr, Florida TE Steven Bean, Sr, Florida DT Michael Bowers, Sr, Tennessee QB Marshall Bunch, Sr, Oregon WR Clarence Campbell, Sr, Oregon State SS James Cohen, Sr, Wash State DT Cecil Cook, (Sr), Kentucky CB Christopher Davis, Sr, USC DT Rodney Diaz, Sr, Iowa ILB Andre Dixon, Sr, Clemson ILB Dennis Do, Sr, Purdue SS Davis Fuentes, Sr, Oklahoma DT Mark Garner, Sr, Texas Tech WR Russell Green, Sr, Michigan TE Richard Hall, (Jr), Purdue SS Paul Haynes, (Jr), West Virginia OLB John Holden, Sr, Illinois WR Sidney Ho, Sr, Miami RB George Lynch, Sr, Texas A&M SS Raymond Murdock, Sr, Wisconsin DT Eugene Nance, (Sr), Air Force:mad: WR Dwayne Norris, (Jr), Fresno State ILB James Ramos, Sr, Southern Methodist RB Ronald Reid, Sr, Texas C James Richardson, Sr, Wisconsin FS John Roberts, Sr, Army QB Anthony Sims, (Sr), Air Force:eek: FB James Smith, Sr, Minnesota QB Kevin Stevenson, Sr, UCLA WR Ralph Tate, Sr, Ole Miss QB George Terry, Sr, Miami RB Edward Walters, Sr, California OT Jason Williams, Sr, Missouri OLB George Wright, Sr, Florida State RB Kevin Young, Sr, Colorado

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=galaril;147520] Here is the final list of players declaring early for the 2012 pro draft. Teams with players on the list below will get additional recruiting funds for each player lost: DE John Bailey, Sr, Florida TE Steven Bean, Sr, Florida DT Michael Bowers, Sr, Tennessee QB Marshall Bunch, Sr, Oregon WR Clarence Campbell, Sr, Oregon State SS James Cohen, Sr, Wash State DT Cecil Cook, (Sr), Kentucky CB Christopher Davis, Sr, USC DT Rodney Diaz, Sr, Iowa ILB Andre Dixon, Sr, Clemson ILB Dennis Do, Sr, Purdue SS Davis Fuentes, Sr, Oklahoma DT Mark Garner, Sr, Texas Tech WR Russell Green, Sr, Michigan TE Richard Hall, (Jr), Purdue SS Paul Haynes, (Jr), West Virginia OLB John Holden, Sr, Illinois WR Sidney Ho, Sr, Miami RB George Lynch, Sr, Texas A&M SS Raymond Murdock, Sr, Wisconsin DT Eugene Nance, (Sr), Air Force:mad: WR Dwayne Norris, (Jr), Fresno State ILB James Ramos, Sr, Southern Methodist RB Ronald Reid, Sr, Texas C James Richardson, Sr, Wisconsin FS John Roberts, Sr, Army QB Anthony Sims, (Sr), Air Force:eek: FB James Smith, Sr, Minnesota QB Kevin Stevenson, Sr, UCLA WR Ralph Tate, Sr, Ole Miss QB George Terry, Sr, Miami RB Edward Walters, Sr, California OT Jason Williams, Sr, Missouri OLB George Wright, Sr, Florida State RB Kevin Young, Sr, Colorado[/QUOTE] I don't know the whole situation, but what I see is 2 redshirt seniors meaning that they should have already completed their 4yrs at AFA. Generally speaking players of this calibre would do the 4yr thing and not the 8yr

[QUOTE=galaril;147520] Here is the final list of players declaring early for the 2012 pro draft. Teams with players on the list below will get additional recruiting funds for each player lost: DE John Bailey, Sr, Florida TE Steven Bean, Sr, Florida DT Michael Bowers, Sr, Tennessee QB Marshall Bunch, Sr, Oregon WR Clarence Campbell, Sr, Oregon State SS James Cohen, Sr, Wash State DT Cecil Cook, (Sr), Kentucky CB Christopher Davis, Sr, USC DT Rodney Diaz, Sr, Iowa ILB Andre Dixon, Sr, Clemson ILB Dennis Do, Sr, Purdue SS Davis Fuentes, Sr, Oklahoma DT Mark Garner, Sr, Texas Tech WR Russell Green, Sr, Michigan TE Richard Hall, (Jr), Purdue SS Paul Haynes, (Jr), West Virginia OLB John Holden, Sr, Illinois WR Sidney Ho, Sr, Miami RB George Lynch, Sr, Texas A&M SS Raymond Murdock, Sr, Wisconsin DT Eugene Nance, (Sr), Air Force:mad: WR Dwayne Norris, (Jr), Fresno State ILB James Ramos, Sr, Southern Methodist RB Ronald Reid, Sr, Texas C James Richardson, Sr, Wisconsin FS John Roberts, Sr, Army QB Anthony Sims, (Sr), Air Force:eek: FB James Smith, Sr, Minnesota QB Kevin Stevenson, Sr, UCLA WR Ralph Tate, Sr, Ole Miss QB George Terry, Sr, Miami RB Edward Walters, Sr, California OT Jason Williams, Sr, Missouri OLB George Wright, Sr, Florida State RB Kevin Young, Sr, Colorado[/QUOTE] I don't know the whole situation, but what I see is 2 redshirt seniors meaning that they should have already completed their 4yrs at AFA. Generally speaking players of this calibre would do the 4yr thing and not the 8yr

Archived