One of the Best?

Could BBCF possibly have one of the most fun and exciting in-game play systems of all text sims? I don't think I own another text sim that produces as many memorable contests. It really captures the epic nature of college football. Just want to thank the developers for designing such a wonderful game. Also, thanks for including a college playoff system. The playoff system contributes to the fun nature of BBCF. In my solo league, thought I'd see a Domer vs Bama rematch this season as both teams came back loaded. The Domers took the National Title over the Crimson Tide last season. But, unfortunately #1 Notre Dame was knocked off in a second round shocker by #8 Michigan in OT on a pick-off play. Michigan road 'big mo' to win the next rounds by ending each game with a crucial pick-off. In the Championship Game against Bama they also got what I thought was the game sealing pick after a furious comeback. But, they fell short as they were unable to move the ball in the final minutes. The Crimson Tide finally put them to sleep with a game winning pass to the endzone to turn the table and take the title. This is only one of the many memorable games that this sim engine produces season after season. I love this game.

I think BB has slipped under the radar of the overall text gaming world and offers so much more than most any other text sim out there. Its a wonderful game with great results and exciting moments that occur all of the time! Thanks, Arlie! EDIT: Its surpassed OOTP as my favorite text game, even BEFORE the new OOTP came out.

I agree. I was starting to think I was alone. I am an big time sports-text simmer and FOFC board member for years and love BBCF.It is one of my favorites. I think it is the best overall football game out their. I also really liked Gary's basketball games especially the pro game TPB. I will make a suggestion in the "update feature suggestion thread" about the recruiting period interface. It could use a little more interface improvements. It can be difficult going back to see which recruits are still interested in your program and which aren't. I also, want to see a way to choose the walkons or the scholarship players after the final week of recruiting when the AI just fills your spots. So for example I have three scholarships left after the last week of recruiting but don't get any of the players I offered scholarships too. It seems the ai randomly selects players to take those scholarships or add players to my roster if no scholarships are available. So if I am trying to get a center, Wide reciever and /or asafety but don't get any of those players the AI should try to get a player that matches those needs if albeit a lesser recruit level. They should not be giving away scholarships e.g. to a punter a fourth string fullback and a kicker . I add this to the suggestion thread. Anyways agreat game loads off fun.

Word of mouth is always a good start ;) We will certainly be trying to get more people into BBCF as this football season starts from a company standpoint as well. I've really enjoyed developing this game (first game I've made that I feel is truly my own since CAD) and I think that's one reason I have a hard time putting it away from a development standpoint.

I hope the game continues to succeed because I believe its one of the best text sims period. I don't know if this option could be added, but it would be nice for the playoffs to only include the 8 GDS/BCS teams instead of the default 16 team option. From my standpoint, this is the ideal playoff scenario in "real" college football. It includes the major conferences with 2 "at large" teams. Looking forward to playing this game again after the update.

Excellent game Even though we're right in the middle of baseball season, I find myself still devoting the majority of my text sim playing time on BBCF.. By far my favorite text sim over the past few years.. Maybe even all-time..:)

Guest Nukester
I would have to agree. I play OOTP because Im addicted to baseball history and stats, but I play BBCF because it is so darn fun to play, and Im not even really a big college football fan.

[QUOTE=Nukester;135046]I would have to agree. I play OOTP because Im addicted to baseball history and stats, but I play BBCF because it is so darn fun to play, and Im not even really a big college football fan.[/QUOTE] You might be now. I invite you to give college football IRL a try this upcoming season. Its the most exciting sport around IMO and I can watch most any college game that's televised.

It really comes down to how immersed you want to get. You can just submit your exports two or three times a week. Then again, you can always spend more time writing articles and developing detailed gameplans. :) I'd say to visit the sites and see if any of the leagues suits you. I believe the two most active leagues are Gridiron Glory and FOFC. You can find links in the "Online Leagues" section of this forum.

The fact that I've played this game almost exclusively between february and august (non football season) says a lot about it. Can't imagine how much more i"ll be playing it once the season actually starts. Heck I might have to install it furtively on my machine at work so I get get more playing time in.

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;134654]Word of mouth is always a good start ;) We will certainly be trying to get more people into BBCF as this football season starts from a company standpoint as well. I've really enjoyed developing this game (first game I've made that I feel is truly my own since CAD) and I think that's one reason I have a hard time putting it away from a development standpoint.[/QUOTE] I purchased BBCF two days ago Arlie, and I have to say that it's easily the most fun I've had with one of your projects since the long hours I spent playing CAD. One of my biggest issues with GDS games has been the interface, and BBCF's is a major improvement in this area. It took me no time at all to progress through the offseason and start coaching games. I'm yet to reach recruiting, but I'm having a blast, and look forward to a pro football game from you.

• 4 weeks later...
Addiction level unmatched I´ve never been a big fan of football (more of a soccer/basketball guy really), but this game blew me away! I haven´t had such a great time playing a game since i played TDCB. In fact i´m buying this game instead of TCB or TPB (sorry Gary)! Wonderfull job Arlie! Can´t say enough.

Addiction level unmatched I´ve never been a big fan of football (more of a soccer/basketball guy really), but this game blew me away! I haven´t had such a great time playing a game since i played TDCB. In fact i´m buying this game instead of TCB or TPB (sorry Gary)! Wonderfull job Arlie! Can´t say enough.

Archived