changes to the AI

I sensed from Adams post this morning that he thought we may think the changes that have been made to the AI arn't as impressive as some of the new features. Personally i think this is one of the most important features so far, im glad to see that area's of the AI that were slightly unpolished are getting worked over as well as just adding new features. I understand the feature will work with staff, is that inclusive? IE will that be all staff? What about workers, will the 'game world sweep' make sure there is enough workers to fill every feds minimum roster requirements? Also will the game sweep include owners for feds? I think that would be a really useful feature, it can be frustrating when you have waited patiently for that big stars contract to expire you nab him for yourself and then he leaves to be head booker for CMLL.

I agree whole-heartedly with you Panix. Sure the AI doesn't seem as 'Wham-Bam-Thank-You-Maam!' as the features, but is equally, if not more important! I'm also loving the developers guide as it gives me something to read first thing in the morning! Go Adam!

[QUOTE=panix04;135092]What about workers, will the 'game world sweep' make sure there is enough workers to fill every feds minimum roster requirements?[/QUOTE] It does not check for low levels of wrestlers, simply because if someone is playing with a database that has a really small amount of them, I can only assume that it's an intentional choice on their part to reduce loading times. I can't think of many times when there would be a need anyway, it's not like many people would put out a mod with hardly any workers in it!

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;135098]It does not check for low levels of wrestlers, simply because if someone is playing with a database that has a really small amount of them, I can only assume that it's an intentional choice on their part to reduce loading times. I can't think of many times when there would be a need anyway, it's not like many people would put out a mod with hardly any workers in it![/QUOTE] Ah, but then I haven't released my No Wrestlers Mod yet. :D

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;135098]It does not check for low levels of wrestlers, simply because if someone is playing with a database that has a really small amount of them, I can only assume that it's an intentional choice on their part to reduce loading times. I can't think of many times when there would be a need anyway, it's not like many people would put out a mod with hardly any workers in it![/QUOTE] :) he he, yeah i know that most of the mods created have a reasonable amount of workers i am just thinking more about when you have played 20-30 years (which i know is rare) but when you play for that amount of time will you end up with a game world almost devoid of young talent? Or is the wrestler generation rate tied with the starting database size? Or even with the amount of feds in the game. [QUOTE=JWideman;135101]Ah, but then I haven't released my No Wrestlers Mod yet. :D[/QUOTE] Let me know when you do JW, i will sim it for a while!

Archived