TEW Mod Site

I'm thinking about creating a TEW mod site. So that people don't have to use sharespace, etc. I don't make mods, so this could be my way to contribute. Let me know if you are interested in putting your mod on the site, and if I get enough interest, I'll go ahead with it.

Well I have just recently got my hands on a website with some space. ([I]shameless plug[/I] [url]www.bobinc.net[/url]) I do still need to get it working though. :D as it is only 30 hours old. I do plan on putting atleast my TEW stuff on their and probably more once I get going.

I say the more outlets for items, the merrier. I will state that I can see some problems though just from experience over the years of dealing with various boards and even owning a few. 1. I'm sole owner of my stuff...you can't host my stuff 2. You illegally got my stuff 3. and even more baby crap. Of course the sites will be carrying the 99% of the same stuff (except all those important -one of a kind items) My point is: Everyone who works on mods, pictures, hosts sites or does what I do and pay for hosting is doing this for bettering Adam's game. Once a person starts feeling they or their stuff is so important that sharing is a crime then the fun leaves the area. I am for your idea. I also have no problem promoting your site in the WORKING LINKS thread. We are all here to enjoy the community and the game.

[QUOTE=noas5;135425]I say the more outlets for items, the merrier. I will state that I can see some problems though just from experience over the years of dealing with various boards and even owning a few. 1. I'm sole owner of my stuff...you can't host my stuff 2. You illegally got my stuff 3. and even more baby crap. Of course the sites will be carrying the 99% of the same stuff (except all those important -one of a kind items) My point is: Everyone who works on mods, pictures, hosts sites or does what I do and pay for hosting is doing this for bettering Adam's game. Once a person starts feeling they or their stuff is so important that sharing is a crime then the fun leaves the area. I am for your idea. I also have no problem promoting your site in the WORKING LINKS thread. We are all here to enjoy the community and the game.[/QUOTE] I agree with the stuff about not sharing. I would not want to won anyone stuff, just host it. And, I think it would be much easier to download something directly form a server then going through that sharespace or other "hosting" sites full of ads and other problems. I wont even put out the effort if nobody wants to try this. But i think it would be good to have mods all in one place. I can even set up a CMS site where owners of mods can upload their own stuff, and I wont have to touch it. That is definetely a possibility

[QUOTE=panix04;135471]hey Rob if you wanna host stuff, go for it. Fell free to upload a copy of the PBS mod.[/QUOTE] Cool, your mods are definetely one of the ones I wanted to host. I'm building a site right now, I'll update this when it's up. Hopefully more guys want me to host their stuff, I don't want to do it without permission.

Archived