Indy-structable: Combat Zone Wrestling

[I]When it comes to the World of Professional Wrestling, everyone knows about WWE and TNA Wrestling. While the top two promotions are putting out fluff on TV week in and week out it's the Indy Promotions who bust their ass in small venues trying to make a name for themselves. Promotions like ROH, CZW, IWA-MS, JAPW & CHIKARA bring hard hitting and high flying wrestling action to the true wrestling fans. For years these promotions have hid underground and behind closed doors but that's about to all change... Monday, January 1st 2009, 5 of the top Indy Owners came together to discuss the future of wrestling. In that meeting all 5 owners agreed that in order to make a difference in the Wrestling World they would have to come together and help each other. They made a promise to allow each other to share talent and at the end of the year all 5 Major Indy Promotions would come together to produce a Super Show Event. With every promotion working on the same page, these underground wrestling promoters have their minds set on one things...putting Vince McMahon & Panda Energy out of buisness!!!! [/I]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Indy News Online[/SIZE][/B] [I]Your One Stop Shop for Indy Wrestling News[/I] [B]Ring of Honor:[/B] Allison Danger, Bobby Dempsey, Daizee Haze, Jason Blade, Shane Hagadorn, Lotus, Jack Christ, Gary Michael Cappetta, Todd Sinclair & Bruce Gray have been released from the ROH Roster. [B]CHIKARA:[/B] MIKAMI, Equinox, KUDO, Allison Danger, Retail Dragon, Icarus, Dragon Dragon, Ranmaru & Hallowicked have been released from the CHIKARA Roster. Bobby Heenan has been signed by CHIKARA Pro as a backstage worker. [B]IWA Mid-South:[/B] Marek Brave, CJ Otis, Claudio Castagnoli, Ryan Cruz & Eric Priest have been released from the IWA MS Roster. Michael Johnson has been signed by IWA MS as a backstage worker. [B]Jersey All Pro Wrestling:[/B] Dan Berry, Corvis Fear, Javi-Air, EC Negro, Grim Reefer & Lo Lincoln have been released from the JAPW Roster. Ron Simmons has been signed by JAPW as the head Booker.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling - Tuesday, January 2nd 2006[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] CZW's first show of the year is the Best of the Best Tournament. This year, John Zandig promises to hold the biggest Tournament of all time. So far, scheduled for the Event.... CZW asks their fans to voice their opinions on who should be apart of this years Tournament....[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Indy News Online[/SIZE][/B] [I]Your One Stop Shop for Indy Wrestling News[/I] [B]Ring of Honor:[/B] Ring of Honor held "Deuces Are Wild" at the David Arena infront of 1,000 people last night. Here are the results of the show: Delirious defeated Claudio Castagnoli C Jerrelle Clark defeated Chad Collyer C Austin Aries & Roderick Strong defeated Jack Evans & Ace Steel C+ Samoa Joe defeated Matt Sydal C+ Jimmy Jacobs defeated BJ Whitmer C Alex Shelley defeated Nigel McGuinness C+ Jimmy Rave defeated Colt Cabana, Jay Briscoe and Ricky Reyes C+ Christopher Daniels defeated Homicide C+ Bryan Danielson defeated Adam Pearce to retain the ROH Title C+ [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [B]IWA Mid-South: [/B] Masato Tanaka has signed with IWA MS as the head booker. Paul Heyman & Jim Cornette have signed with IWA MS as backstage workers. [B]Jersey All Pro Wrestling:[/B] Mike Modest has signed with JAPW as the head booker. [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] CZW officaly announced The 2009 Best of the Best Tournament and Super Dragon as the first wrestler who's scheduled to be in the Tournament. Well we're about to officaly announce the newest addition to this years Best of the Best... [B]CZW's 2009 Best of the Best Tournament[/B] Scheduled to appear: Super Dragon, Ruckus & Many More!!!! Please continue to leave your opinions on who should be in this years Tournament. [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Indy News Online[/SIZE][/B] [I]Your One Stop Shop for Indy Wrestling News[/I] [B]Jersey All Pro Wrestling:[/B] Oman Tortuga has been released from the JAPW roster. [B]IWA Mid-South:[/B] Chandler McClure has been released from the IWA MS roster. [B]Ring of Honor:[/B] Jimmy Jacobs appeared on an Internet Wrestling Radio Show yesterday, and mentioned how he hates Alex Shelley. ROH's next event will be held in August and it will be called "Redemption". Rumors are flying around about a huge planned Heavyweight title match. [B]New York City Wrestling:[/B] NYCW has opened it's doors and signed a lot of talent for their first Live Event. Claudio Molteni, Ron Killings, Johnny Jeter, Chris Sabin, Orlando Jordan, Vince Russo, Bobby Roode, Rene Dupree, Mike Mondo, Alex Shelley, Sean O'Haire, Sean Waltman & Jeff Hardy have been signed to the NYCW roster. Al Snow has been signed to the NYCW roster as the Head Booker. [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] CZW has already announced the additions of Super Dragon & Ruckus to this years Best of the Best Tournament. Today, we're going to reveal 4 NEW Additions to Best of the Best.

[B]CZW's 2009 Best of the Best Tournament[/B] Scheduled to appear: Super Dragon, Ruckus, Sabian, B-Boy, Jack Evans, Excalibur and Many More!!!![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Indy News Online[/SIZE][/B] [I]Your One Stop Shop for Indy Wrestling News[/I] [B]Jersey All Pro Wrestling:[/B] JAPW held "Ragged Glory" last night infront of 1,609 people at the Draddy Gym. Here are the results.... The Briscoe Brothers defeated Archadia and Azrieal C S.A.T's defeated Teddy Hart and Xavier to retain the Tag Team Titles C Danny Demanto defeated Diablo Santiago C- Rhino defeated Abyss to retain the JAPW Heavyweight Championship C+ Jay Lethal and Frankie Kazarian defeated Trent Acid and B-Boy C+ [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [B]CHIKARA Pro:[/B] CHIKARA held "Insult to Injury" last night infront of 863 people at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Here are the results.... Lance Steel defeated Darin Corbin D Gran Akuma defeated Joker C- Daizee Haze defeated Mickie Knuckles D Arik Cannon defeated Delirious D Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli & Jigsaw defeated Eddie Kingston, Kevin Steen & Mike Quackenbush C- Ultra Mantis and Milano Collection AT defeated Vito and Sal Thomaselli for the Tag Team Titles C- [B]Rating:[/B] C- [B]Extreme Canadian Wrestling Alliance:[/B] ECWA held "Number of the Beast" last night infront of 300 people at the Mitty's Nightclub. Here are the results.... Mr. Oooh La la defeated Nick Logan C- Matt Logan defeated Andrew Ryker C- The Valedictorians defeated Ace Darling and Matt Fontaine C- Freak Nasty defeated Christopher Daniels to retain the ECWA Championship C+ Mike Kruel and Mega defeated Bob Soscia and Brian Logan C- [B]Rating:[/B] C [B]All Pro Wrestling:[/B] APW held "Damage Inc." last night infront of 247 people at the Galaxy Theatre. Here are the results.... Dana Lee and Rulez defeated the All Pro Rangers C- Kafu defeated Tito Aquino D Perez and Blade defeated The Mafia C- Sean Pulver defeated Derek Sanders D Cheerleader Melissa defeated Sara Del Ray C Puma defeated Jardi Frantz for the APW Championship C- [B]Rating:[/B] C- [B]New York City Wrestling:[/B] NYCW held it's first show "Masters of War" last night infront of 16 people at the Bally's Atalantic Club. Here are the results.... Sean O'Haire and Sean Waltman defeated Rene Dupree and Alex Shelley for the Tag Team Championships C Chris Sabin and Jeff Hardy went to a Double DQ with Bobby Roode and Orlando Jordan C Johnny Jeter defeated Ron Killings for the NYCW Championship C [B]Rating: [/B]C[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] Last week, Sabian, Jack Evans, B-Boy and Matt Sydal were announced for the BOTB Tournament along with the previously announced Super Dragon and Ruckus. Today, we're going to announce 3 more Additions....

[B]CZW's 2009 Best of the Best Tournament[/B] Scheduled to appear: Super Dragon, Ruckus, B-Boy, Sabian, Jack Evans, Matt Sydal, Sexxxy Eddy, Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen and Many More!!!! Don't forget to tell us who you think should be added to the Best of the Best Tournament!!![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Indy News Online[/SIZE][/B] [I]Your One Stop Shop for Indy Wrestling News[/I] [B]IWA Mid-South:[/B] IWA MS held "Live Wire" last night infront of 823 people at the Frontier Fieldhouse. Here are the results... Jimmy Jacobs defeated Arik Cannon C Jigsaw defeated Larry Sweeny C- Necro Butcher & Salvatore Thomaselli defeated Deranged and Trik Davis C Brandon Thomaselli defeated Madman Pondo C Josh Abercrombie defeated Tyler Black to retain th IWA MS Lightweight Championship C Toby Klein defeated Mickie Knuckles C- Masato Tanaka defeated Chris Hero C+ Vito Thomaselli defeated Darin Corbin for the IWA MS Championship C [B]Rating:[/B] C[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] We're getting closer to CZW's 2009 Best of the Best Tournament. There's only 2 wrestlers left to be announced for this years tournament and today we're revealing one of them. Also we've just added a huge Non Tournament 6-Man Tag involving The BLK Out's Eddie Kingston, Joker and Arik Cannon vs Roderick Strong, Nate Webb & Jimmy Jacobs!! [B]CZW's 2009 Best of the Best Tournament[/B] Scheduled to appear: Super Dragon, Ruckus, Sabian, Jack Evans, Excalibur, Matt Sydal, Sexxxy Eddy, Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen, Sonjay Dutt and Many More!!! Non-Tournament 6-Man Tag Team Match The BLK Out's: Eddie Kingston, Joker & Arik Cannon vs Roderick Strong, Jimmy Jacobs & Nate Webb[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] All 11 competitors in this years Best of the Best Tournament have been confirmed and today we're revealing the final addition... But that's not all!!! CZW has also added a HUGE Non-Tournament Matchup!!! CZW Heavyweight Champion, Chris Hero defends his title against Necro Butcher!!!! [B]CZW's 2009 Best of the Best Tournament[/B] Schedule to appear: Super Dragon, Ruckus, Sabian, Jack Evans, Excalibur, Matt Sydal, Sexxxy Eddy, Claudio Castagnoli, Kevin Steen, Sonjay Dutt & Austin Aries Non Tournament 6-Man Tag Eddie Kingston, Joker and Arik Cannon vs Roderick Strong, Jimmy Jacobs and Nate Webb CZW Heavyweight Championship Chris Hero(c) vs Necro Butcher[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B]
CZW presents...[/B] [B][SIZE="5"]2009 Best of the Best Tournament[/SIZE][/B] [I]live at the Academy Hall in Pottstown, PA[/I] [B]1st Round of the BOTB Tournament[/B] Ruckus vs Sexxxy Eddy vs Matt Sydal [B]1st Round of the BOTB Tournament[/B] Sonjay Dutt vs The Messiah vs Claudio Castagnoli [B]1st Round of the BOTB Tournament[/B] Austin Aries vs Sabian vs B-Boy [B]1st Round of the BOTB Tournament[/B] Excalibur vs Super Dragon vs Kevin Steen [B]Non-Tournament 6-Man Tag Team Match[/B] Eddie Kingston, Joker & Arik Cannon vs Roderick Strong, Jimmy Jacobs & Nate Webb [B]Non-Tournament CZW Heavyweight Championship Match[/B] Chris Hero(c) vs Necro Butcher [I]plus the conclusion of this years Best of the Best Tournament[/I] _______________________________________________________________ Predictions, thoughts and ideas are much appreciated so make sure to leave a comment. Thanks to everyone who gave their opinion on who they thought should be apart of this years Tournament.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] CZW regrets to announce that Jack Evans wont be competing in this years Best of the Best Tournament due to injuries. Fortunately, Combat Zone's head offices has confirmed a replacement. With only days away from CZW's first event of 2009, a former CZW/XPW Champion returns!!!!! The Messiah returns to CZW for 2009's Best of the Best!!!![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]CZW's 2009 Best of the Best Tournament[/SIZE][/B] [I]Saturday, January 31st 2009 live at the Academy Hall in Pottstown, PA infront of 300 people[/I] ______________________________________________________________ [B]*Introduction*[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Jeremy Medeiros steps inside of the black and yellow CZW ring. He introduces everyone to this years Best of the Best Tournament then takes time to explain the rules. [/COLOR] [B]Jeremy Medeiros:[/B] Welcome, everyone to CZW's 2009 Best of the Best Tournament!!! Tonight, 12 of the best wrestlers in North America compete to find out who truly is the best of the best!!!! The rules of tonights tournament is simple: There will be 4 First Round 3-Way Matches, the wrestler who gets pinned or submited will be eliminated from the Tournament while the other two combatants will advance in the tournament to compete against each other later on in the evening!!! The winner of tonights Tournament will be awarded the Best of the Best Trophy and he will be invited back to CZW next month to compete for the CZW Junoir Heavyweight Championship!!! So without any more interruptions, lets get this show started!!!!! [SIZE="4"][B]*1st Match* First Round of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs vs Ruckus vs Matt Sydal vs Sexxxy Eddy[/B][/SIZE] [B]Xtra: [/B]Phenomenal match to start of the evening, with the fans very into the match. Ruckus and Sydal defied gravity but Sexxxy Eddy managed to keep them grounded with some Ultra-violent brawling. Ruckus hit a Razzle Dazzle on Sydal on the outside which allowed Sexxxy Eddy to hit a Moonsault onto both men on the outside. Sexxxy Eddy had Ruckus beat when he climbed to the Top for high risk move but Sydal stopped him and hit a Top Rope Belly-to-Belly Moonsault. Matt Sydal and Ruckus move on to the second round. [B]Winner:[/B] Matt Sydal when he defeated Sexxxy Eddy with a Top Rope Belly-to-Belly Moonsault. [B]Time:[/B] 7:43 [B]Rating:[/B] C [B][SIZE="4"]*2nd Match* First Round of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs vs Sonjay Dutt vs The Messiah vs Claudio Castagnoli[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra:[/B] The crowd errupts into a "Welcome Back!" chant the second Messiah walks out from behind the curtain. Claudio keeps Sonjay grounded with some European Technical wrestling while Messiah sits back and watches. Dutt fights back with some great high risk moves. The Messiah finally has enough and levels both men with a Double Clothesline. Castagnoli hits a Cravat Cutter on Messiah and seems to have the match won but Sonjay Dutt comes outta nowhere and rolls him up with a quick Hurricanrana. Sonjay Dutt and The Messiah move onto the Second round. [B]Winner:[/B] Sonjay Dutt when he defeated Claudio Castagnoli with a Hurricanrana [B]Time: [/B]7:02 [B]Rating:[/B] C [B][SIZE="4"]*3rd Match* First Round of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs vs Austin Aries vs Sabian vs B-Boy[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra:[/B] Best match of the first rounds thus far. All three men just pulled out all the stops and it was non-stop action. While B-Boy and Austin Aries fought back and fourth outside, Sabian surprised everyone by flipping over the top rope without touching it and taking out both men. B-Boy and Aries hit Sabian with some bone crunching moves but he kept fighting back. At one point Sabian almost beat B-Boy with a Tornado DDT. At the end, it was Austin Aries who managed to beat Sabian with a Brainbuster. Austin Aries and B-Boy move onto the Second round. [B]Winner:[/B] Austin Aries when he defeated Sabian with a Brainbuster [B]Time:[/B] 6:46 [B]Rating:[/B] C [B][SIZE="4"]*4th Match* First Round of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs vs Super Dragon vs Kevin Steen vs Excalibur[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra: [/B]Alot of hard blows and stiff action. Dragon and Steen hit each other as hard as they can with stiff forearms. Unfortunately, they get tired of beating on each other and focus their attack on Excalibur. Excalibur was beaten nearly to death. Kevin Steen ends the vicious attack after hitting a Package Piledriver on Excalibur. Kevin Steen and Super Dragon advance to the second round. [B]Winner:[/B] Kevin Steen when he defeated Excalibur with a Package Piledriver [B]Time:[/B] 7:21 [B]Rating: [/B]C [B]*New BLK Out Member* [/B] [COLOR="Red"]Eddie Kingston, The Joker & Arik Cannon walk out for their scheduled match. Kingston grabs the microphone from the ring announcer. [/COLOR] [B]Eddie Kingston:[/B] Yo, yo, yo, the BLK Out 'bout to kick 2009 with a Bang!!! Tonight, not only is Ruckus going to win the Best of the Best Tourney for the second time but we're about to accept a new member to the family!!!Tonight, we're 'bout to add a lil' anarchy in the BLK Out!!! That's right!!!! Arik Cannon, tonight you're an officaly memba of the BLK Out!!! Now lets get crunk!!!! [B][SIZE="4"]*5th Match* 6-Man Tag Team Match , & vs , & Eddie Kingston, The Joker & Arik Cannon vs Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong & Nate Webb[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra:[/B] All 6 men had a chance to show off their abilities for the appreciative CZW crowd. The BLK Out focus their attack on Jimmy Jacobs. Jimmy gets hit with some dangerous near falls which almost cost his team the match. Later on, Jacobs manages to break free from the BLK Out's corner and makes the tag to Strong. Roderick Strong cleans house. Strong clotheslines Kingston outta the ring while Jacobs hits a Hurricanrana to the outside on Joker. Nate Webb finishes things off after hitting Arik Cannon with the Soylent Green. [B]Winners:[/B] Nate Webb, Jimmy Jacobs & Roderick Strong defeated The BLK Out when Nate Webb defeated Arik Cannon with the Soylent Green. [B]Time:[/B] 10:32 [B]Rating:[/B] C [B][SIZE="4"]*6th Match* Second Round of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs Ruckus vs Matt Sydal[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra: [/B]The crowd was starting to die down from all of the action, although the match was still good. The match starts off with a back and fourth sequence. Sydal then takes off and hits some impressive high risk moves. Matt Sydal sets Ruckus ontop for his Belly-to-Belly Moonsault but Ruckus fights it off and sends him crashing onto the mat. Ruckus hits a Middle Rope Shooting Star which finishes Sydal off. [B]Winner:[/B] Ruckus defeated Matt Sydal with a Middle Rope Shooting Star Press. [B]Time:[/B] 11:42 [B]Rating:[/B] C [B][SIZE="4"]*7th Match* Second Round of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs Sonjay Dutt vs The Messiah[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra: [/B]A clash of styles really made for a great match. The crowd came alive during this match with duel chants. Half of the crowd chanted for Messiah while the other half chanted for Sonjay Dutt. Dutt hits some quick moves to start the match off but Messiah grounds him with his strength and brute force. Messiah hits some near falls on Dutt but he manages to kick out. Sonjay manages to put the match away with his Hindu Press. Winner: Sonjay Dutt defeated The Messiah with a Hindu Press [B]Time:[/B] 11:46 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [B][SIZE="4"]*8th Match* Second Round of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs Austin Aries vs B-Boy[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra: [/B]The crowd dies down once again for this match. Austin Aries and B-Boy exchange some hard hitting blows. The match spills onto the outside where both men brawl and use some ringside weapons. B-Boy attempts a version of the Ole Kick but Aries dodges it and hits a Side Kick across B-Boy's head. Aries throws B-Boy back into the ring and finishes him with a 450 Splash. [B]Winner:[/B] Austin Aries defeated B-Boy with a 450 Splash [B]Time[/B]: 11:37 [B]Rating: [/B]C [B][SIZE="4"]*9th Match* Second Round of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs Super Dragon vs Kevin Steen[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra: [/B]Kevin Steen and Super Dragon start things off with a wild brawl. Dragon lariats Steen across the back of the head nearly knocking him out. Dragon then takes advantage of the Steen's state by Powerbombing him into the Turnbuckle of a near fall. Kevin Steen explodes by fighting back with some strong strikes. Steen hits a Package Piledriver but Super Dragon kicks out before 3!!!! Kevin Steen can't believe it. He goes to the outside and grabs a Chair, he tries to knock Dragon's head off but he ducks and picks him up for a Psycho Driver 2000. Dragon manages to cover Steen for the 3 count. [B]Winner: [/B]Super Dragon defeated Kevin Steen with a Psycho Driver 2000. [B]Time:[/B] 11:36 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [B][SIZE="4"]*10th Match* Tag Team Match vs The Thomaselli Brothers vs El Generico & Jigsaw[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra: [/B]This match brought the crowd's mood down, the show was going long and they wanted to see the end of the Tournament. This is the Thomaselli Brothers first time in CZW and many fans didn't know who they were. Both teams looked good out there. El Generico hit his Turnbuckle Brainbuster on Salvatore Thomaselli to pick up the win for his team. [B]Win:[/B] El Generico & Jigsaw defeated the Thomaselli Brothers with a Turnbuckle Brainbuster [B]Time:[/B] 7:52 [B]Rating:[/B] C- [B][SIZE="4"]*11th Match* Quarter Finals of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs Ruckus vs Sonjay Dutt[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra:[/B] Ruckus and Sonjay Dutt start things slow, it's apparent that going this far in the Tournament is taking it's toll. Sonjay attempt a Hurricanrana but Ruckus catches him and nails a Powerbomb. Ruckus crawls ontop of Dutt but he kicks out at 2. Ruckus whips Sonjay in the corner and attempts his Razzle Dazzle but Sonjay dodges it and rolls Ruckus up with a Hurricanrana. [B]Winner: [/B]Sonjay Dutt defeated Ruckus with a Hurricanrana [B]Time:[/B] 11:38 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [B][SIZE="4"]*12th Match* Quarter Finals of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs Austin Aries vs Super Dragon[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra: [/B]This match also starts off at a slow pace but quickly picks up when Super Dragon unleashes some vicious strikes. Dragon and Aries exchange some dangerous near falls. The crowd litteraly thought that either men could've won. Dragon attempts a Psycho Driver 2000 but Aries manages to escape and hits a Brainbuster then climbs to the top and hits his 450 Splash. Super Dragon is unable to kick out. [B]Winner:[/B] Austin Aries defeated Super Dragon with a 450 Splash. [B]Time:[/B] 11:40 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [COLOR="Red"]Chris Hero walks out with the CZW Title strapped around his waist and a microphone in his hand. [/COLOR] [B]Chris Hero:[/B] It's funny, CZW has signed some of North America's top wrestlers to compete in a Tournament but who did they get as my challenger?! Necro Butcher. In a show titled "Best of the Best", I get to defend my CZW Title against Necro freakin' Butcher!!! I might be wrong but tonight isn't the Tournament of Death, no, it's Best of the Best!!!! But that's okay, because after I succesfuly defend my championship tonight I'll be sending Mr. Butcher back into Hardcore Deathmatches, right where he belongs!!!! [B][SIZE="4"]*13th Match* CZW Heavyweight Championship Match vs Chris Hero vs Necro Butcher[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra:[/B] Necro Butcher quickly throws Hero out of the ring. They brawl along ringside. Butcher drags Hero into the crowd where they continue beating each other. The two find themselves fighting outside of the arena. The referee can no longer see either man so he calls the match a Draw. [B]Winner: [/B]DRAW after both men Brawl outside of the Arena [B]Time:[/B] 8:52 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [COLOR="red"]All of the wrestlers who were involved in tonights tournament make their way towards ringside as they stand outside of the ring so that they can watch the finals of the Tournament.[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="4"]*14th Match* Finals of the 2009 BOTB Tournament vs Austin Aries vs Sonjay Dutt[/SIZE][/B] [B]Xtra: [/B]This was the slowest paced match of the night as both men looked winded from going the distance in tonights tournament. But as the match went on, both wrestlers gave everything they have. Aries hits a Brain Buster on Dutt. 1...2..Dutt kicks out!!!! Austin Aries can't believe it. He climbs to the top and attempts his 450 Splash but Sonjay gets his knees up. Sonjay slowly climbs to the top rope and delievers a Hindu Press ontop of Aries. 1...2...3!!! Sonjay Dutt has won his second Best of the Best Tournament!!! [B]Winner:[/B] Sonjay Dutt defeated Austin Aries with a Hindu Press. [B]Time: [/B]14:39 [B]Rating:[/B] C+ [COLOR="red"]All 12 of the wrestlers involved in the Tournament enter the ring and congratulates Sonjay Dutt. John Zandig walks out with the Best of the Best Trophy, he steps inside of the ring, shaking Sonjay's hand. [/COLOR] [B]John Zandig:[/B] First off, I'd like to give everyone in tonight's tournament their props for making this the greatest ****in' tournament of all time!!!! Second, it's time for the awards of the night!!! Now, you all know the deal, when I ask you who you want to win the award, you scream as loud as you possibly ****in' can!!! Okay? Good!! [B]Breakout Star Of the Night:[/B] Super Dragon The crowd was tied between Super Dragon and Ruckus but John Zandig decided that Dragon had the loudest ovation and awarded him the award. [B]M.V.P. Of the Night:[/B] Austin Aries Austin Aries got the hands down loudest reaction from the crowd. Aries gets awarded the trophy and Zandig states that he's welcomed in CZW anytime. [B]Best of the Best:[/B] Sonjay Dutt John Zandig hads Dutt the BOTB Trophy, the crowd throws black and yellow streamers into the ring. Sonjay Dutt celebrates with the trophy. All 12 Wrestlers lift Sonjay on their shoulders as the crowd chants his name. [B]John Zandig:[/B] I want to give everyone in tonights tournament their props once more!! And I want to congratulate Sonjay Dutt on his 2nd Best of the Best Tournament win and we're welcoming him back next month when he fights for the CZW Junoir Heavyweight Title!!!! C Z ****KKIN' W!!!!!! [SIZE="4"][B]Final Rating: [/B]C+[/SIZE] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] CZW's BOTB Tournament was a huge success. The BLK Out's recruited Arik Cannon as their newest member, Chris Hero and Necro Butcher fought to a No Contest and Sonjay Dutt won the BOTB Tournament. The next CZW Event will be "Strictly CZW" and it will be held on Sunday, February 12th 2009. Matches officaly announced for the event..... [B]CZW World Junoir Heavyweight Championship Match:[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]Niles Young(c) vs Sonjay Dutt[/B][/COLOR] [I]-Niles Young, the current CZW Junoir Heavyweight Champion, will be compete in his toughest match yet when he defends his title against the 2009 BOTB Winner, Sonjay Dutt. Can Sonjay add more gold to his CZW career?[/I] [B]Singles Grudge Match[/B] [COLOR="red"][B]Arik Cannon vs Nate Webb[/B][/COLOR] [I]-At 2009's BOTB, Arik Cannon was recruited into the BLK Out but suffered a loss in his 6-Man Tag Team match by the hands of Nate Webb. Can Arik Cannon find redemption at Strictly CZW?[/I] plus much much more!!! [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Indy News Online[/SIZE][/B] [I]Your One Stop Shop for Indy Wrestling News[/I] [B]CHIKARA Pro:[/B] CHIKARA held "Lost in Space" last night infront of 973 people at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Here are the results... Kevin Steen defeated Darin Corbin C- Mike Quackenbuch, Gran Akuma & Lance Steel defeated Claudio Castagnoli, Hallowicked & Sabian C- Arik Cannon, Ultra Mantis & Jigsaw defeated Delirious, Joker & Eddie Kingston C- Milano Collection AT defeated Vito Thomaselli C- Chris Hero defeated Salvatore Thomaselli C- [B]Rating:[/B] C- [B]Ring of Honor:[/B] ROH has signed a television deal and will start running a weekly show called "The Main Event" in the fall season. [B]Full Impact Pro:[/B] FIP held "Pain Barrier" last night infront of 300 people at the Eastmonte Civic Center. Here are the results... Joey Machete defeated Laduke Jakes C- Jaison Moore and Krazy K ended in a No Contest D Adam Pearce defeated Matt Sydal C Dexter Poindexter defeated Mr. Milo Beasley D Steve Madison defeated Sean Davis C- Alex Porteau defeated Jerelle Clark C- Yuji Nagata defeated Bryan Danielson to retain the FIP Title C+ Roderick Strong & Jack Evans defeated Homicide & Jimmy Rave C [B]Rating: [/B]C[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] Three HUGE matches have just been confirmed for "Strictly CZW". So far February's card is shaping up to be one of CZW's biggest shows of the year. [B]Ultra-Violent Return Match[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]The Messiah vs Nick Gage[/B][/COLOR] [I]-At BOTB, former CZW/XPW Heavyweight Champion, Messiah made his return to CZW but in February, former Tournament of Death and CZW original returns, Nick Gage!!!! This match will be Hard Hitting and Ultra-Violent!!!![/I] [B]6-Man Tag Team Re-Match[/B] [COLOR="red"][B]The BLK Outs: Eddie Kingston, Joker & Ruckus vs Roderick Strong, Jimmy Jacobs & Austin Aries[/B][/COLOR] [I]-At BOTB, the BLK Outs were unsuccesful at defeating Strong, Jacobs and Webb. This time, The BLK Outs will have Ruckus in their corner while Strong & Jacobs will have Aries in theirs. Will the BLK redeem themselves?![/I] [B]Singles Match[/B] [COLOR="red"][B]Super Dragon vs Matt Sydal[/B][/COLOR] [I]-CZW's hardest hitting wrestler, Super Dragon, takes on CZW's greatest risk taker, Matt Sydal. Can Dragon pound Sydal into the ground or will his speed be too much for him?![/I] ___________________________________________________________________________ [B]CZW's Strictly CZW CZW World Junoir Heavyweight Championship[/B] Niles Young(c) vs Sonjay Dutt [B]6-Man Tag Team Match[/B] Eddie Kingston, Joker & Ruckus vs Roderick Strong, Jimmy Jacobs & Austin Aries [B]Ultra-Violent Return[/B] The Messiah vs Nick Gage [B]Grudge Match[/B] Arik Cannon vs Nate Webb [B]Singles Match[/B] Super Dragon vs Matt Sydal [B]also scheduled to appear:[/B] Chris Hero, John Zandig, B-Boy, Kevin Steen, Necro Butcher, Sexxxy Eddy, Claudio Castagnoli and much more!!!! [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Indy News Online[/SIZE][/B] [I]Your One Stop Shop for Indy Wrestling News[/I] [B]IWA: Mid-South:[/B] IWA MS held "Supremecy" last night infront of 954 people at the Michigan State Fairgrounds. Here are the results.... Larry Sweeny defeated Trik Davis C- Darin Corbin defeated Josh Abercrombie C Eddie Kingston & Jimmy Jacobs defeated Necro Butcher & Madman Pondo C Hit and Run defeated Arik Cannon & Salvatore Thomaselli C Deranged and Tyler Black fought to a no contest C- Chris Hero defeated Masato Tanaka C+ Milano Collection AT defeated Vito Thomaselli C [B]Rating[/B]: C [B]New York City Wrestling:[/B] NYCW held "Wicked and Wild" last night infront of 34 people at the ECPWA Arena. Here are the results.... Jeff Hardy defeated Nick Nemeth C Orlando defeated Yoshihiro Tajiri C Mike Mondo defeated Rene Dupree C Johnny Jeter defeated Sean Waltman to retain the NYCW Championship C [B]Rating:[/B] C [B]Ring of Honor: [/B] ROH held "Redemption" last night infront of 300 people at the Martinsburh High School. Here are the results.... BJ Whitmer defeated Claudio Castagnoli C Chad Collyer defeated Jack Christ C Austin Aries & Roderick Strong defeated The Unexpected C Jay Briscoe defeated Jarelle Clark C Bryan Danielson defeated Ricky Reyes and Colt Cabana to retain the ROH Pure Title C Jimmy Rave & Jack Evans defeated Power Connection C Adam Pearce defeated Mark Briscoe C Homicide defeated Samoa Joe B- Christopher Daniels defeated Alex Shelley for the ROH Championship B- [B]Rating:[/B] B- [B]Jersey All Pro Wrestling:[/B] JAPW held "Badlands" infront of 1,826 people at the Rose Hill Gym. Here are the results.... Alicia defeated April Hunter E Talia defeated Mercedes Mendez D Teddy Hart defeated John Xavier C+ Frankie Kazarian and Brother Runt defeated The Outkast Killers C+ SATs defeated Trent Acid and B-Boy to retain the JAPW Tag Titles C Rhino defeated Jay Lethal to retain the JAPW Championship C+ Sonjay Dutt and Abyss defeated Billy Washington and Danny Demanto C [B]Rating:[/B] C[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Combat Zone Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [I]The House of Ultra-Violent Wrestling[/I] We're two weeks away from CZW's next event "Strictly CZW", and we have 2 more matches to announce. [B]Tag Team Match[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]El Generico & Jigsaw vs Sabian & Hallowicked[/B][/COLOR] -You can bet that this Tag Team match will feature a lot of high risks and some hard hitting action!!!! El Generico and Jigsaw have their eyes set on challenging the CZW Tag Champions so a win is a must for them while Sabian and Hallowicked want to prove themselves as a credible tag team. [B]One Fall 5-Way Scramble Match for the CZW Ironman Championship[/B] [B][COLOR="red"]Kevin Steen(c) vs Sexxxy Eddy vs B-Boy vs Claudio Castagnoli vs Excalibur[/COLOR][/B] -The Ironman Division has always been filled with CZW's heavy hitters. At Strictly CZW, Kevin Steen has to defend his championship against 4 top contenders in a One Fall Scramble Match. That means Steen does not need to be pinned or submited to lose his championship. Could this spell the end to Steen's Championship reign?! _________________________________________________ [B]CZW's Strictly CZW[/B] [B]CZW World Junoir Heavyweight Championship[/B] Niles Young(c) vs Sonjay Dutt [B]6-Man Tag Team Match[/B] Eddie Kingston, Joker & Ruckus vs Roderick Strong, Jimmy Jacobs & Austin Aries [B]Ultra-Violent Return[/B] The Messiah vs Nick Gage [B]Grudge Match[/B] Arik Cannon vs Nate Webb [B]Singles Match[/B] Super Dragon vs Matt Sydal [B]Tag Team Match[/B] El Generico & Jigsaw vs Sabian & Hallowicked [B]One Fall 5-Way Scramble for the CZW Ironman Championship[/B] Kevin Steen(c) vs Sexxxy Eddy vs B-Boy vs Claudio Castagnoli vs Excalibur also scheduled to appear: Chris Hero, John Zandig, Necro Butcher and much more!!!![/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Indy News Online[/SIZE][/B] [I]Your One Stop Shop for Indy Wrestling News[/I] [B]Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling:[/B] ECCW held "Mass Slaughter" last night infront of 1,000 people at the Centennial Arena. Here are the results.... Mike Desheezitz, Tom Tisoy and MR2 defeated Michael Dempsey, Shawn Knight and Aaron Idol C- Juggernaut and Black Dragon defeated Rob Tyler and Vince Vain C Moondog Manson defeated Memphis Raines C- Hot and Bothered defeated Fast Freddy and Abbandoned C- Ivory defeated Michelle Starr C SCUM defeated CREMATOR and Vince Navada to retain the ECCW Title C- [B]Rating[/B]: C- [B]SHIMMER Wrestling:[/B] SHIMMER held "Fatal Glory" infront of 140 people at the West Park Party Center. Here are the results.... Tiana Ringer defeated Shantelle Taylor D Amber O'Neal defeated Rebecca Knox D The Exiles defeated Merecedes Mendez and Allison Danger C- Cindy Rogers defeated Christy Ricci C- Azriel defeated Cheerleader Mellissa C- Sara Del Ray defeated Daizee Hazee C- Ms. Chif defeated Malia Hosaka to retain the SHIMMER Championship C [B]Rating:[/B] C[/CENTER]

Archived