Finisher requirements?

I've recently started to play WreSpi (which absolutely rocks), and I can't help but wonder...are the stats a bit off for some of the wrestler-specific finishing moves? E.g. the Scorpion Deathlock requires 30 Tech Ability, while the Proton Lock doesn't require anything, the regular Choke Slam needs 70 Power Ability, while Bruce The Giant's Giant Choke Slam doesn't (and it can be done against people of any size), etc. That makes sense for the particular default wrestlers of course, but since the moves are available to human players, that strikes me as odd...it allows newly created Career Mode wrestlers access to a whole lot of finishers that should be way out of their league at the beginning. My middleweight female rookie surely shouldn't be able to execute Giant Choke Slams... Or am I missing something here? :confused:

With character-specific moves, they were only ever meant to be used by the character in question (which I thought was clear from the bio and sound file of each move), and therefore didn't need to be given skill requirements. People who do use these moves in their move sets are, IMO, cheating slightly, but that's their choice I guess.

You've completely misread \ misunderstood the post takertitan. The point was that the trademark moves don't have any skill requirements attached to them, that's why it could be considered cheating. I.e. - in order to use a regular Elevated Powerbomb (AKA "Last Ride") you need 50 points of Power, which means most rookie's wouldn't be able to use it until they'd built themselves up through training. However, as Runaway Train's "Train Wreck" finisher (which is simply a renamed Elevated Powerbomb) doesn't have any skill requirements [B]because it's a trademark move[/B], anyone could use it whenever they wanted. Therefore by using it as a rookie, you're essentially cheating by getting access to a super powerful move without having to train first. Your example about the RKO being the same as the Diamond Cutter is irrelevant, as it has nothing to do with the point either Zeyes or I were talking about. Edit - I've altered the database to give trademark moves proper skill requirements to stop this happening in the future anyway.

Archived