Brock Lesnar in MMA

ECW4ever

I don't know one way or another. But a lot of people like to make assumptions. Have you ever seen Brock take a real punch? Neither have I. Not sure what would happen. Don't assume wrestlers can't take a punch at all, that's just not true. If we didn't know he was an amateur champion, people would be saying he can't fight at all. He's not stupid or arrogant beyond his common sense. If he thought he would get destroyed, he would just stay in NJPW.

Lesnar was a good college wrestler and has been training with the MFS. The same MFS who trains guys like Matt Hughes, sometimes Rich Franklin, Tim Sylvia, Rich Horn sometimes too. Pat Miletich also commented that in 2 years tops Brock is going to be unstoppable. Brock's also been training with Scott LeDoux to work on his striking ability That makes him a credible threat, Miletich Fighting Systems trained guys are usually top notch and he'll have gained a lot from training with them. Add to that he's big and difficult to muscle about, as well as being a really good wrestler, if he has the conditioning then he's going to be really tough to stop anyone who scoffs at it and thinks that training with Gracie's (K1 have asked Royce to train him) the one thing making him credible obviously isn't an MMA fan. He might take a little while to adapt, and he shouldn't be stepping in there with any of the top guys right off the bat, but given a chance to develop he could be really, REALLY good the comments about him taking a punch and that being it are pretty ignorant really, how does anyone here know whether he can take a punch? I'd be more concerned about his conditioning and strength endurance than his chin at this point.

ok my mistake, make that one year before he's unstoppable [quote]Brock Lesnar training with MFS By Mark Pickering Thursday, August 3, 2006 Brock Lesnar training with MFS Pat "The Croatian Sensation" Miletich has confirmed that former NCAA Champion and three-time WWE World Champion Brock Lesnar has been training in Bettenddorf, Iowa, at the acclaimed Miletich camp. Lesnar, 29, who has been expected to make the transition into Mixed Martial Arts since his in-ring appearance at K-1’s Las Vegas GP on April 28th, was stripped of the IWGP Title by New Japan Pro Wrestling on July 15th due to “visa issues” and is therefore free to pursue MMA. “Brock come down to tryout the facility and see how he got along with the guys this week”, said Miletich on Sunday’s Wrestling Observer Live broadcast. “He’s actually very level headed and a great athlete obviously, being a NCAA wrestling champion.” The Minnesota native appears to be taking well to his new domain, “The way I would describe him is a 280 pound cat – he moves incredibly well for not knowing the fight game”. “A year from now there’s not going to be anybody on the planet that can beat him”, Miletich boldly concluded. [/quote]

He has the athletic potential to beat a lot of people. I wanna see him face Bob Sapp! Then I wanna see him come to UFC and take on Ken Shamrock as a heavyweight! Then beat Tim Sylvia for the title in that exact order... That would impress me some. ok on a serious note... He has a looooong way to go before anything major happens.

Why would you subject Shamrock to another beating? Besides he is retiring after Ortiz/Shamrock III. I believe in what Miletich says about him being unstoppable. He is a fantastic wrestler, which means he only needs help in two areas to be semi-successful right away, Jiu-Jitsu and Striking. In a years time without fighting he can learn many different areas and become a dominant fighter in the heavyweight class. Matt Hughes' and so forth all have amatuer backgrounds, and have learned from there. And in the heavyweight division Brock looks like a force right now as it is a weak division. Give Brock time and he could take MMA by storm. [quote]The same MFS who trains guys like Matt Hughes, sometimes Rich Franklin, Tim Sylvia, Rich Horn sometimes too.[/quote] Jeremy Horn. Horn has done just as much if not more training to all the guys mentioned above while he was at MFS. Hughes, Franklin, and the guys always invite him back to help train for bigger fights and to roll with them prior to the bouts. Horn spends most of his time training in Colorado now.

Yeah but even the guys who have spent a better portion of their lives in UFC get rocked all the time. All because he's being trained by a few names doesn't mean he'll be the next Shamrock/Ortiz/Lidell/Couture. I give him 5 fights against note worthy competiton before he's finished in that as well.

There is a difference in being trained by a few names, than being trained by the top school in the world with a proven track record of success. And having the lead teacher saying that. Not to mention Royce is training him in BJJ for K1... He has the wrestling ability, which is easiest to train from especially for Ground and Pound. Royce will teach him standard BJJ which will help defend and choke people. MFS will teach him stand up and more subs. We aren't saying he is being thrown in against the best. Whatever promotion signs him long term, if any, would give him cake fights as he gets better to build credability and a lead in to a big fight. Everyone has a punchers chance, and it isn't even determined what kind of chin he has, but we also don't know how his defense and sprawl is to avoid being hit.

Archived