Players not signing in an MP League?

FOFC just finished our first offseason recruiting period, and we have reports of lots of players not signing with anyone, despite teams that recruited them being left with open scholarships at the end of the period. Has anyone else seen anything similar? Discussion on this is at [url]http://www.fofc-bbcf.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5692[/url].

Also, I had the computer end up singing a player for me(Colorado) after the recruiting stages were all over. According to the email reports none of my offers were ever accepted, but somehow after the emails were made the computer signed a player for me? I know that at least 2 other owners reported that the computer signed players for them too. Not going to complain to loudly as this was the only player Colorado managed to sign for the entire recruiting period. :(

Here is a breakdown of Colorado's last stage of recruiting Going into the last stage I had 11 scholarship offers on the table. 6 of those players decided to sign with other school, the remaining 5 decided to give up football entirely rather than sign with Colorado. :D

The imports all went ok, except for a couple of times when someone exported a file for the wrong week. On the last set of exports, only one file was like that. Above was listed the files for previous exports. To get another date, simply change the date in the name of the file. To get the exports, the URL is [url]http://www.fofc-bbcf.com/league/uploads/filesMMDDYY[/url], and the exports for that sim are in that directory.

I downloaded this file: [url]http://www.fofc-bbcf.com/downloads/FOFC081006.zip[/url] Colorado had 3 offers (7 open) and none to 9 or 10 interest guys. Cincy had 0 recruited players and 0 offers given (despite having 10 openings). USC had 0 recruited players and 0 offers given (despite having 9 openings). Texas (who's had some commits) had all 3 open offers made. In this one: [url]http://www.fofc-bbcf.com/downloads/FOFC081306.zip[/url] Colorado had 7 of its 10 offers given. But only 2 were to "level 10" interest players and the rest were to 3,4,7 and 8 interest guys. Cincy had 0 recruited players and 0 offers given (despite having 10 openings). USC had 0 recruited players and 0 offers given (despite having 9 openings). Texas had 1 offer still active, with two open. So, for some reason, Cincy and USC had no scholarships offered. For Colorado, it seems like most of the offers were to low-probability players. What would really help is if I could get the last save (after coach imports) before the final week. Then, I could see how many offers were made then. At this point it looks like some teams are offering scholarships fine, whereas others have 0 offers made. I'm thinking this is the problem, but I'm not sure why it's happening. What would also be helpful is getting a save before an import, then 3-4 coach files for people who have made offers. Then, I can look at the logic of the import and see if there are issues with the import process. It just seems that if that were the case, everyone would be missing players.

I've been doing some more work on this and I think the best way for me to nail this down would be to get the pre-import week 17 save (which I think is the 8/13 one on the site) and each of the submitted coach files. Then, I can not only step through each import, but also run the week and see where the problem happens. After reading that thread on your league forum, there should not be a situation where an offer is made to a player and that player decides not to go anywhere. So, if I can pinpoint where/how that happens, I will be glad to fix that ASAP. In fact, I would be glad to rerun your week 17 sim so that you guys can get this cleared up on continue on with the league until the final version of the patch is released.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;140225]After reading that thread on your league forum, there should not be a situation where an offer is made to a player and that player decides not to go anywhere.[/QUOTE] I'm pretty sure there was one player I made an offer to as well who didn't go anywhere (although I didn't have consistent problems as Army) - QB Allen Plummer, I'm [I]pretty sure[/I] I made an offer to in the final week, and who signed nowhere.

Arlie -- but will players sign with your team if they are not interested (just because they have no other offers). In solo and on-line play I have seen some players not have offers and not sign when I made a late offer and they were only 4 or 5 in interest towards my team.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived