Cursed: The Story of Smackdown

[quote=Webster’s Dictionary][b]Cursed (n):[/b] To invoke evil or misfortune upon.[/quote] Smackdown is cursed. Some people say it’s been cursed since March 2004, when Brock Lesnar and Kurt Angle both left and the brand was screwed over in the draft. But it actually started almost one year ago. That date was July 7, 2005, when Muhammad Hassan and five masked men attacked The Undertaker with piano wire, then the five men raised Daivari, evoking the common Muslim treatment of a martyr. This was incidentally aired on the same day of the bombings in London. After that day, Smackdown was cursed with injuries, suspensions, firings, wrestlers quitting, and drafts and switches to Raw and ECW. Since July 7, 2005, Smackdown has lost 29 wrestlers due to these reasons. Those wrestlers are: [quote][b]Ashley Massaro[/b] August 2006 - Broken knuckle. [b]Batista[/b] November 2005 - Back muscle torn, no time missed. January 2006 - Right tricep torn. [b]Bobby Lashley[/b] July 2006 - Elevated liver enzymes. [b]Chris Benoit[/b] May 2006 - “Injured” by Mark Henry to heal nagging injuries. [b]Christian[/b] November 2005 - Quit the WWE during contract negotiations. [b]Gregory Helms[/b] March 2006 - Broken nose. [b]Hardcore Holly[/b] October 2005 - Arm infection. [b]Jamie Noble[/b] July 2006 - Taken off the road because he is Kid Kash’s partner. [b]Joey Mercury[/b] May 2006 - Entered rehab. [b]John Bradshaw Layfield[/b] May 2006 - Broken back. [b]Johnny Nitro[/b] May 2006 - Switched to Raw. [b]Juventud Guerrera[/b] January 2006 - Fired after ‘unprofessional conduct.’ [b]Ken Kennedy[/b] December 2005 - Torn lat muscle. [b]Kid Kash[/b] January 2006 - Arm injury. July 2006 - Taken off the road due to personal problems. [b]Kurt Angle[/b] June 2006 - Drafted to ECW. [b]Mark Henry[/b] July 2006 - Split kneecap. [b]Matt Hardy[/b] July 2006 - Staph infection. [b]Melina[/b] May 2006 - Switched to Raw. [b]Muhammad Hassan[/b] September 2005 - Released after being banned from network television in July. [b]Nunzio[/b] June 2006 - Switched to ECW. [b]Paul Burchill[/b] June 2006 - Knee injury. [b]Psychosis[/b] Taken off the road because he was feuding with Super Crazy. [b]Randy Orton[/b] April 2006 - Suspended for 60 days because of "unprofessional conduct." June 2006 - Switched to Raw. [b]Stevie Richards[/b] June 2006 - Switched to ECW. [b]Super Crazy[/b] July 2006 - Elevated liver enzymes. [b]The Boogeyman[/b] April 2006 - Torn left bicep. [b]The Great Khali[/b] July 2006 - Elevated liver enzymes. [b]The Gymini[/b] May 2006 - Taken off the road due to one of them having an arm injury.[/quote] But this is going to change. Even though Smackdown has lost so many wrestlers, they have still been putting on great shows. Take the Great American Bash 2006 for example. Due to injuries or suspensions, four wrestlers were taken off the card, but they show was better than people expected. It is now time for the Smackdown brand to overcome these odds and become the best WWE brand. [quote][img]http://ourworld.cs.com/sfpunk77/3071514.jpg[/img] [b][u][color=#33CC00]Summerslam[/color] [color=#33CCFF]Results[/color][/b][/u] [b][u]WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP[/u] Batista def. King Booker © w/ Queen Sharmell[/b] This was finally Batista’s chance to regain the World Heavyweight Championship, a title he never even lost, due to an injury at the hands of Mark Henry. During the time Batista was injured, Booker won the King of the Ring tournament at Judgment Day and changed his name from Booker T to King Booker. He then went on to win the World Heavyweight Championship from Rey Mysterio at the Great American Bash. When Batista return, he had one thing on his eyes, the World Heavyweight Championship. This match was unexpectedly really good, proving that both men could put on great matches despite their age. The match ended with Batista hitting the Batista Bomb on King Booker to finally win back his title. Batista actually went into the crowd to celebrate his win, while Booker was in tears in the ring. [b][u]THE CLASH BETWEEN TWO FORMER FRIENDS[/u] Rey Mysterio def. Chavo Guerrero[/b] According to Chavo, this all started after the late, great Eddie Guerrero pass away late last year. After Eddie’s death, Chavo says Rey used the Guerrero name to his advantage, dedicating his matched to Eddie. Chavo retired after Eddie’s death, but Mysterio used the Guerrero name to win the World Heavyweight Championship. Chavo put all of that aside and helped Rey retain his title in numerous occasions, but finally got sick of helping him, and screwed Mysterio out of the title. According to Smackdown General Manager, Theodore Long, the only way these two could solve their problem was to fight each other. This match wasn’t the typical fast-paced, high-flying match you would see between the two, it was an all out brawl. The two fought for almost twenty minutes, tearing each other apart. The only high-flying moves were the 619 and Dropping The Dime by Mysterio, which won him the match. But the look in Chavo’s face after his loss said that this isn’t over. [b][u]Other Match Results[/u] WWE Champion Edge def. John Cena D-Generation X def. The McMahons Randy Orton def. Hulk Hogan Ric Flair def. Mick Foley (“I Quit” Match) ECW World Champion Big Show def. Sabu[/b][/quote] [b]Smackdown! Roster[/b] [b][u]Main Eventers[/b][/u] [b]Faces[/b] Batista - World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker [b][u]Upper Midcarders[/b][/u] [b]Faces[/b] Chris Benoit* Rey Mysterio [b]Heels[/b] King Booker Mark Henry* [b][u]Midcarders[/b][/u] [b]Faces[/b] Bobby Lashley Brian Kendrick Matt Hardy* Paul Burchill* Paul London [b]Heels[/b] Chavo Guerrero Finlay Gregory Helms Joey Mercury** Ken Kennedy William Regal [b][u]Lower Midcarders[/b][/u] [b]Faces[/b] Ashley Massaro* Hardcore Holly* Jillian Scotty 2 Hotty Super Crazy* Tatanka The Boogeyman Vito [b]Heels[/b] Idol Stevens Jamie Noble*** KC James Kid Kash**** Kristal Psychosis**** Sylvan Sylvester Terkay [b][u]Openers[/b][/u] [b]Faces[/b] Funaki [b]Heels[/b] Jake Gymini* Jesse Gymini**** Montel Vontavious Porter [b][u]Openers[/b][/u] [b]Heels[/b] Daivari Elijah Burke [Sylvester Terkay] Little Bastard [Finlay] Michelle McCool [Idol Stevens and KC James] Queen Sharmell [King Booker] [b][u]Non-Wrestlers[/b][/u] [b]Faces[/b] The Miz [Smackdown Host] Theodore Long [Smackdown General Manager] [b]Heels[/b] John Bradshaw Layfield [Smackdown Color Commentator] [i]* - Injured ** - Rehab *** - Suspended **** - Out for storyline purposes[/i]

[quote][b][color=#3366FF]SMACKDOWN PREVIEW[/color] August 25, 2006[/b] We are now five days relieved from the biggest part of the summer, Summerslam! And we have a new World Heavyweight Champion, Batista! The Animal overpowered the king on Sunday with the Batista Bomb to win the match finally regain the gold. Batista and King Booker will both be in the house tonight in Wilkes Barre, PA. Will there be any altercation between the two? Also on Sunday, Rey Mysterio defeated his former friend, Chavo Guerrero in a hard-fought battle. Chavo is rumored to still be in Boston, displeased with his loss. Rey, however, is in Wilkes Barre. What will the master of the 619 do or say tonight? The Phenom was the last man standing on SmackDown, as Undertaker was finally able to slay his foe, The Great Khali. Will the Punjabi Warrior be present this Friday? After conquering the monster Khali, what is the next step for SmackDown’s dominant Deadman? Tune in to SmackDown this Friday night at 8/7 CT on UPN to find out. [b]Confirmed Matches[/b] Lashley vs. William Regal (US Title #1 Contender’s Match) WWE Tag Team Champions Brian Kendrick & Paul London vs. Idol Stevens & KC James Tatanka vs. Sylvester Terkay[/quote] ...

• 9 months later...
[center][img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8298/sdik3.png[/img] [color=#0000FF][b]SMACKDOWN RESULTS[/b][/color] [b]“Live” from Wilkes Barre, PA August 25, 2006[/b][/center] Before anything starts, we are shown a recap of Summerslam with the music of “The Enemy” by Godsmack. We are first shown the highlights from the Raw matches, the ECW match, then the Smackdown matches. The video ended with Batista celebrating with the crowd after winning the World Heavyweight Championship. After this, we are shown the Smackdown intro by Drowning Pool, and the show starts now. [b]Michael Cole:[/b] “Welcome ladies and gentlemen to Smackdown! I’m Michael Cole and I’m here with JBL.” [b]JBL:[/b] “We’re here live from Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania, just five days after Summerslam. And boy, was that an amazing show.” [b]Cole:[/b] “You’re right JBL, and we have a new World Heavyweight Champion, and his name is Batista. Wait, here he is! [color=#0000FF][b]WHO’S THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER?[/b][/color] “I Walk Alone” by Saliva starts playing, and out walks the new World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, to kick off Smackdown. The crowd goes absolutely nuts for Batista as he lays down the championship on the ground and does his machine gun taunt. He pick up the title and walks down to the ring, with it draped over his shoulder. [b]Tony Chimel:[/b] “Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the NEW World Heavyweight Champion, Batista! Chimel hands the microphone to Batista, then leaves the ring. Batista is about to talk, but the crowd starts a loud “BAH-TIS-TAH” chant. The chant dies. [b]Batista:[/b] “Seven months ago, I was injured at the hands of Mark Henry, and I had to give this title (points to title) away. And I had to sit at home and watch my title being defended by Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, and Booker T. Don’t get me wrong, they’re all great wrestlers, but this title was always still mine. I said it the day I gave this up, and I said it when I came back. I proved exactly what I said. Five nights ago, I regained what’s mine, and I have to say Booker gave a hell of a fight. Now Booker, I-” [i][b]MISTERRRRRRR KENNEDYYYYYY.........KENNEDYYYYYYYY![/b][/i] Out comes Mr. Kennedy, holding a microphone. [b]Mr. Kennedy:[/b] “Cut my music!” Kennedy’s music stops and he continues to walk down to the ring. [b]Mr. Kennedy:[/b] “Wah, wah, wah! I’m getting tired of your whole ‘I had an injury and overcame the odds’ speech you’ve been giving for weeks now! You spent six month complaining about a little injury!” [b]Batista:[/b] “Complained? I never complained. And if I recall, you were out with an injur-” [b]Kennedy:[/b] “I was out with a full muscle tear in my back! You bruised your arm, and ran away from fighting Mark Henry! Admit it, you were afraid!” [b]Batista:[/b] “Why don’t you say that to my face?” [b]Kennedy:[/b] “Fine!” Kennedy walks up the steps and gets into the ring. [b]Kennedy:[/b] “You were- You know what, that’s not why I even came out. I came out here tonight because I have two wins over you, Batista, the World Heavyweight Champion, in the past month. That makes me the number one contender. So I’m demanding a shot at that title, tonight!” [b]Batista:[/b] “You know what Kennedy, you’re o-” [i][b]WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN WE COME FO’ YOU[/b][/i] “Booyaka 619” hits and Rey Mysterio walks out from the back, holding a microphone. Kennedy looks pissed because Mysterio interrupted Batista’s answer. [b]Rey Mysterio:[/b] “Hold the phone, Kennedy, Batista.” Mysterio walks down to the ring, then get in it. [b]Mysterio:[/b] “Why should you be the number one contender, Kennedy? I was screwed out of that title at the Great American Bash, and was screwed in my rematch by Chavo Guerrero. I never got a fair rematch. And Batista, I know we’re good friend, so I know you’ll do what's right and-” [b]Kennedy:[/b] “Whoa, whoa, whoa, short-stuff. You had your rematch! I deserve this more than you!” [b]???:[/b] “Hold on there playas.” The camera looks up, and Theodore Long is on the titantron. [b]Theodore Long:[/b] “Kennedy, Rey, I know you both want a title shot at Batista, but King Booker has a rematch clause in his contract. However, Booker hasn’t told me when he will use that rematch, so I’m going to make a match for tonight. It will be King Booker teaming up with Mr. Kennedy, to take on the team of Rey Mysterio and the new World Heavyweight Champion, Batista! If Kennedy or Mysterio get the pinfall, then they will get a title shot before Booker has his. If Booker wins, then he will get his rematch next week and still gets his guaranteed title shot. And if you should win, Batista, then you get to pick the number one contender for your championship next week.” Long fades away, and Kennedy leaves the ring with a smirk on his face. Batista and Mysterio stay in the ring, Mysterio points to Batista’s title and the two shake hands. Fade to commercial. [b](77%)[/b] [Commercial Break] [color=#0000FF][b]WE’RE CLOSED?[/b][/color] As we come back from a commercial, we see Sylvan backstage talking to a crew member from earlier today.. [b]Sylvan:[/b] “Oh yes, Quebec is a lovely land. And with summer almost over, now would be the perfect time to visit an island of tranquility.” The crew member shakes his head an walks away. Sylvan turns around and sees Vito running his way. [b]Vito:[/b] “Ey Sylvan! I was thinking of going to Quebec, ya know, before the summa is over.” Sylvan looks up and down at Vito’s green and white dress. [b]Sylvan:[/b] “Would you be taking those dresses with you?” Vito has a confused look on his face. [b]Vito:[/b] “What do ya mean? Of course I’d be takin’ ma’ dresses with me.” Sylvan: “Well Vito, I’m sorry to say that Quebec is closed for the rest of the summer.” [b]Vito:[/b] “Closed? What do ya mean, closed?” [b]Sylvan:[/b] “Well...we’re doing some reconstruction to make the city look more beauti-” [b]Vito:[/b] “Cut the crap Sylvy. You don’t want me to visit your island because I wear a dress.” [b]Sylvan:[/b] “No, not at all. Were-” [b]Vito:[/b] “You know what? I’m sick of people like you. You know what, why don’t we have a match next week, and we’ll see who the real man is here. You, or the guy wearing a dress.” Vito walks off, with Sylvan left with a blank stare on his face. (74%) We cut back to the arena. [b]Tony Chimel:[/b] “Ladies and gentlemen, the following match is scheduled for one fall and is for the WWE Tag Team Championship!” KC James, Idol Stevens, and Michelle McCool come out from the back. This time James and Stevens have matching red tights [b]Tony Chimel:[/b] “First, the challengers, accompanied by Michelle McCool, weighing in at a combined weight of 472 pound, Idol Stevens and KC James! James and Stevens get into the ring, while McCool walks around slapping her ruler against her hand. Kendrick and London’s music starts playing, and out come the champions. [b]Tony Chimel:[/b] “And the WWE Tag Team Champions, weighing in at a combined weight of 380 pounds, Brian Kendrick and Paul London! Kendrick and London take off the masks and run down to the ring at full speed, but Stevens and James start stomping on them! [color=#0000FF][b]WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP Brian Kendrick and Paul London © vs. Idol Stevens and KC James w/ Michelle McCool[/b][/color] James and Stevens keep stomping away on the champs. They pick them up and whip them in to the ropes, but London and Kendrick come back, duck a double clothesline, and hit their own clothesline James and Stevens to send them out of the ring. They get up on opposite turnbuckle and hit dual body splashes on the James and Stevens! All four are laid out. [b]JBL:[/b] “These two are crazy, Cole! I love it!” [Commercial Break] As we come back from commercial, Stevens and London are in the ring, with Stevens choking London on the middle rope. The counts to four, and Stevens lets go. He reapplies it and quickly lets go, and Kendrick gets in the ring and tries to stop Stevens, but the referee stops him. While the ref is distracted with Kendrick, Stevens drags London over to his corner, which allows James and Stevens to hit a double DDT. James gets behind the roped as the ref turns around, but gets tagged in. He whips London into the ropes, and dropkicks him when he comes back. He applies a chinlock. The ref asks London if he’ll tap out, but London refuses. James grabs Stevens’ hand and pulls, putting more pressure on London, but the ref is focused on London. Kendrick tries to break it up, but the ref stops him for the second time, causing some boos from the crowd. Stevens pulls harder, but the ref finally breaks it up. James pushes London, who looks passed out, over. He tags in Stevens. James puts London in a backdrop position, and Stevens hits a stiff clothesline, sending London to flip over in the air. James goes back in the corner. Stevens lifts up London, who can barely stand. Stevens taunts and hits a stiff slap, which makes London fall over. He picks up again, and does the exact same. He picks him up for a third time and goes for a third slap, but London blocks it! London and Stevens trade punches back and forth, until London finally gets the upperhand and hits a dropkick. London stays down, showing that he’s still hurt. He crawls over to tag in Kendrick, while Michelle McCool gets on the apron to distract the ref from seeing a tag. Stevens tries to stop London by grabbing his leg, but gets low blowed, and the ref doesn’t see it! London makes a tag to Brian Kendrick! Kendrick runs in the ring and dropkicks KC James out of the ring. As Stevens struggles to get up, Kendrick hits a flying axe bomber on him! James gets back in the ring, and starts hitting forearms on Kendrick. He starts to get an advantage, until London gets back up, and helps Kendrick get the advantage. The two punch James into the ropes and hit a double dropsault on James, sending him to the outside, almost hitting Michelle McCool! Stevens gets up and tries to clothesline Kendrick, but Kendrick ducks and grabs him, Get Well Soon on Stevens! Kendrick pins, 1...2...3! [b](OR: 59%, CR: 54%, MQ: 79%, **)[/b] [color=#0000FF][b]Winners: London and Kendrick[/b][/color] [b]Tony Chimel:[/b] “Here are your winners and STILL WWE Tag Team Champions, Brian Kendrick and Paul London!” London and Kendrick walk back to the entrance away holding the titles in the air. [b]Cole:[/b] “And a successful defense by the champions.” [b]JBL:[/b] “They cheated!” [b]Cole:[/b] “What do you mean they cheated?” [b]JBL:[/b] “You saw that! You saw London low blowed Stevens!” [b]Cole:[/b] “Like James and Stevens weren‘t cheating? Anyways, lets head to the back with Kristal Marshall and Gregory Helms.” [color=#0000FF][b]WHO CAN TAKE THE TITLE AWAY FROM GREGORY HELMS?[/b][/color] We’re sent backstage for an interview with Helms, shinning up his Cruiserweight Title. [b]Kristal Marshall:[/b] “Ladies and gentlemen, the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Gregory Helms. And I understand that you requested this time for a reaso--” Helms looks at Kristal up and down, checking her out before he answers. [b]Gregory Helms:[/b] “Why yes Kristal, I did request this interview for a reason. You see, I’ve been cruiserweight champion since the Royal Rumble back in January. That’s seven months, Kristal. I’m the longest reigning champion on this brand. I’m the longest reigning WWE Cruiserweight Champion in history. But there’s one thing that’s missing Kristal, competition. I’ve been through numerous defenses, many of them in battle royals. Now, there is no one in my league at all to take this title from me. So you know what I did? I went to Teddy Long, and I got this approved. Starting next week, I’m going to begin the Gregory Helms Invitational, or GHI as I like to call it. Every week, I will be defending my Cruiserweight Title, against all comers. I don’t care if you’re American, Canadian, Mexican, European, or Japanese. That’s right, a world-wide invitational. There are two questions you have to ask, and I’ll answer them. One, who is going to challenge the greatest cruiserweight champion next week? It could be anyone. Two, who is going to be the man to take this title away from me? No one!” The camera zooms in on Helms holding his title as we go to a commercial break. [b](65%)[/b] [Commercial Break] We go to the Diva Search finals from two weeks ago. Layla and Jen are waiting anxiously to find out which one of them one, and Todd Grisham is behind them with a microphone. [b]Grisham:[/b] “Ladies and gentlemen...the winner of the title of sexiest woman on television...she walks out of here with $250,000...it is..........LAYLA!” Layla goes ecstatic, and starts hopping up and down. The runs over to the crowd and hugs some of the people, then goes and gets her quarter-million dollar check. She celebrates with the check as we fade away to Cole and JBL at the announcer’s table. [b]Cole:[/b] “Once again, we’d like to congratulate Layla for winning the 2006 WWE Diva Search, and we wish her the best in her future endeavors on Raw.” We cut to Tony Chimel in the ring. [b]Chimel:[/b] “The following match is scheduled for one fall and is for the #1 Contendership to the WWE United States Championship.” William Regal’s music starts playing, and out walks Regal to a light chorus of boos. [b]Chimel:[/b] “First, making his way to the ring, from Blackpool, England, weighing in at 240 pounds, William Regal!” He walks to the ring, walks up the steps, and wipes his feet on the apron. He steps inside of the ring, hands his coat to one of the crew members, and shadow boxes. Lashley’s music hits to a loud pop from the crowd. Out comes Lashley. He does his pose with pyro, then walks down to the ring. [b]Chimel:[/b] “From Colorado Springs, Colorado, weighing in at 275 pounds, Bobby Lashley! [b]Cole:[/b] “These two have been fighting with Finlay for months now, and we’re finally going to decide who the true number one contender is.” [b]JBL:[/b] “These two are some of the toughest superstars in the WWE, Cole. Smash-mouth wrestling, and only Smackdown can bring it to you every week!” Lashley gets in the ring and the ref has the bell ring. [color=#0000FF][b]WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDERSHIP Bobby Lashley vs. William Regal[/b][/color] The two lock up, and Lashley overpowers Regal, pushing him into the ground. Regal gets back up, and the two lock up. This times, Regal knees Lashley in the gut. Lashley hits Regal with a punch, then another, but gets kneed in the gut continuously by Regal into the ropes. Regal put Lashley head behind the ropes, then pulls on Lashley‘s head, choking him. The ref counts to four, and Regal lets go at the last second. Regal walks up to Lashley, but Lashley shoulders Regal in the stomach. Lashley punches Regal once, twice, three times, then irish whips him into the ropes, and flips Regal over his head, the taunts to the crowd, getting a big pop. Regal, tries to get up, using the ropes for balance. Lashley runs over to clothesline Regal, but Regal pulls the top rope down, sending Lashley to crash onto the outside floor! While Regal recuperates in the ring, Lashley is holding his right knee. We cut to a replay, and it shows that Lashley landed hard on his right knee. Regal gets out of the ring and drags Lashley back in. Regal tries to pick up Lashley, but Lashley pushes him out of the way, and right into the ref! Lashley doesn’t cares though, as he starts setting up for the Spear. Lashley gets to the corner and waits for Regal to get up, but the Little Bastard grabs onto Lashley’s leg! The Little Bastard won’t let go, and Lashley pulls him into the ring, but gets hit in the back of the head by Finlay and his shillelagh! With Lashley laying face-first on the ground, Finlay hits him with the shillelagh again in the already injured leg! William Regal gets up, still groggy, but Lashley smacks him in the head with it too! The Little Bastard starts punching and kicking Lashley, but Finlay kicks him in the face, takes him out of the ring, and pushes him under the ring. Finlay walks away with a grin on his face and a shillelagh in his left hand, look back to Lashley, who is holding his leg in pain, and William Regal, who is now busted open. [b](OR: 65%, CR: 70%, MQ: 77%, **1/4)[/b] [color=#0000FF][b]Winner: Draw[/b][/color] [b]Cole:[/b] “What the hell is Finlay doing? He just attacked both of these superstars, and now we don’t have a number one contender!” [b]JBL:[/b] “It’s obvious that Finlay doesn’t care who the number one contender is Cole, he’ll take on both of them!” We see Finlay walking off and Regal and Lashley in the ring, very hurt as we go to commercial break. [Commercial Break] [color=#0000FF][b]TAKING IT TO THE COMPETITION[/b][/color] We’re now backstage, where Finlay is walking backstage, looking happy with his actions. [b]???:[/b] “Finlay!” Finlay turns around and sees Theodore Long walking towards him. [b]Long:[/b] “Finlay, What do you think you’re doing out that ruining the numba’ one contenders match?” [b]Finlay:[/b] “Let’s just say...I’m taking it to the competition.” [b]Long:[/b] “Look, you can’t go around attacking people. You almost injured Bobby Lashley!” [b]Finlay:[/b] “So?” [b]Long:[/b] “He’s one of my top superstars. Look, if you want to ‘take it to the competition,’ then I have an idea. After your attack on Lashley and William Regal, I’m going to give them the week off next week. Then in two weeks, you’ll be defending your United States Championship against William Regal and Bobby Lashley! And since you love using that shillelagh so much, it’s going to be legal. In fact, anything will be legal, because that match will be a No Disqualification match! And since you like to fight so much, you’ll have a little warm up for your title defense.” [b]Finlay:[/b] “Against who?” [b]Long:[/b] “You’ll find out next week playa. Now if you excuse me, I have business to attend to.” Theodore Long walks past Finlay and continues down the hallway. (69%) He walks past Brian Kendrick and Paul London, now in street clothes, talking backstage with Ashley. [b]Long:[/b] “Here we are, the WWE Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick! You two looked good tonight.” London and Kendrick pat their titles and say thanks. [b]Long:[/b] “And you lookin’ good tonight too, Ashley.” [b]Ashley (sweetly):[/b] “Thank you Teddy.” While Ashley has her attention to Teddy Long, Paul London peeks at Ashley’s chest. [b]Long:[/b] “No problem girl.” Kendrick taps the back of London’s head, and the two start smiling when Ashley turns back to the two. [color=#0000FF][b]LET ME INTRODUCE MR. SIAKI[/b][/color] Theodore Long starts walking down the hallway again, and finally gets to his office door. [b]???:[/b] “Teddy!” Long turns around to see Smackdown’s newest superstar as reported on WWE.com today, Montel Vontavious Porter. But this time, he’s not alone, as he’s brought someone with him; the man with MVP is wearing what looks to be a very expensive suit and sunglasses, and somewhat bears a resemblance to The Rock. [b]Long:[/b] “MVP, Montel Vontavious Porter! Smackdown newest supastar! How you doin’ playa?” [b]MVP:[/b] “I’m doin’ real good Teddy. Ya’ know I heard that our press conference has been gettin’ a lot of attention today.” [b]Long:[/b] “I’m glad ta’ hear that, ya’ goin’ ta’ introduce me to ya’ friend?” [b]MVP:[/b] “You know Mr. Siaki, Teddy, he’s ma’ agent.” Long and Mr. Siaki shakes hands. [b]Long:[/b] “Well Mr. Siaki-” [b]Siaki[/b] takes off his sunglasses. [b]Siaki:[/b] “Please Teddy, call me Sonny.” [b]Long:[/b] “Well, Sonny, now that your client, tha’ former hottest free agent in tha’ world is now a Smackdown supastar, is Montel Vontavious Porter ready to make his Smackdown debut?” [b]Siaki:[/b] “Well Teddy, me and MVP we’re discussing earlier, and honestly, MVP’s debut is too huge to be wasted on some small town like Wilkes Barre.” You can hear the crowd booing from where the three are. [b]Siaki:[/b] “And we’ve decided that in two weeks, live in the sunny Miami, Florida, Montel Vontavious Porter will be making his in-ring debut in a city that matters!” [b]Long:[/b] “Ya’ know, I got no problem wit’ dat. I hope ya’ live up to the hype, MVP.” [b]MVP:[/b] “Don’t you worry Teddy, they don’t call me tha’ MVP fo’ nothin’.” The two shake hands with Theodore Long once more, then continue walking down the hall way. [b](80%)[/b] [b]A ROYAL INJUSTICE?[/b] Theodore Long finally walks into his office and is almost able to sit down at his desk, but there’s a knock at his door. [b]Long:[/b] “Come in.” The door open, and in comes the former World Heavyweight Champion King Booker with Queen Sharmell. [b]Long:[/b] “King Booker! How you doin’ playa?” [b]Booker:[/b] “You should know how I’m going Teddy. First, I lose to that rogue, that scoundrel, that peasant, David Batista, at Summerslam, and now I don’t even get a rematch! It‘s a royal injustice!” [b]Long:[/b] “Look King, you’re gettin’ your rematch no matter what the result of tonight’s tag team is. The thing is, I know you King Booker. [b]Booker:[/b] “You do, huh?“ [b]Long:[/b] “You’re going to invoke that rematch clause when ever you want, and I’m not going to wait forever for you to do that. The fans don’t want to wait. The fans want action, the fans want to excitement, they want to see title matches!” [b]Booker:[/b] “Do you think I care what those fans like?”] [b]Long:[/b] “I know you don’t, but I do. Think of this as a good thing though. If you win tonight’s match, you’ll get a title match next week, plus you still have that rematch clause in your contract. Now I suggest you leave, because your match is up soon.” King Booker turns away and leaves, followed by Queen Sharmell, who gives Teddy a dirty look. [b]Long:[/b] “Damn, can’t a playa get some peace and quiet around here?” (83%) [Commercial Break] The sounds of tribal yelling start playing and Tatanka starts running down to the ring to light cheers from the crowd. [b]Chimel:[/b] “This match is scheduled for one fall. First, from Pembroke, North Carolina, weighing in at 258 pounds, Tatanka!” Tatanka gets into the ring and does the war dance, then gets on the turnbuckle and waves his club three times. He hands his headdress and club to a crew member and waits for his opponent. [b]Cole:[/b] “This man has become very upset over the past few weeks, losing match after match, but he blames those losses on everyone but himself." [b]JBL:[/b] He has every right to, he's been screwed week in and week out for a while now. Sylvester Terkay’s music hits, and out comes Terkay and Elijah Burke, sporting matching jacket. [b]Chimel:[/b] “And the opponent, from Big Bear, California, weighing in at 320 pounds, and accompanied by Elijah Burke, Sylvester Terkay!” [b]JBL:[/b] “Here comes one of the toughest men this industry, Sylvester Terkay. A man that went years being undefeated in Mixed Martial Arts. This man right here is a future World Champion.” Terkay and Burke get in the ring and Burke removes Terkay’s jacket, and hands him a water bottle. Terkay drinks some of the water and hand the bottle back to Burke, then starts punching the turnbuckle. The bell rings, and it’s time for the match to start! [color=#0000FF][b]Sylvester Terkay w/ Elijah Burke vs. Tatanka[/b][/color] Terkay and Tatanka lock up, and both seem to be as powerful as the other, until Terkay start hitting Tatanka with some knee strikes, pushing him into the rope. Terkay keeps striking Tatanka, and the ref counts up to four when Terkay stops and looks like he’s about to hit the ref. Terkay decides not to, and turns around, but Tatanka pushes Terkay through the ropes, and out of the ring! Terkay gets up, and Elijah Burke gives him some water and massages his back, then tells him to get back in the ring. Terkay goes back in the ring, but gets stomped on by Tatanka. Tatanka picks up Terkay and whips him into the ropes, then hits a load knife edge chop on Terkay. He grabs onto Terkay and lift him up for a suplex, which connects. He picks him up and goes for another suplex, but Terkay hooks his leg on Tatanka’s, stopping it. He knees Tatanka in the gut, and hits him with a belly-to-belly suplex! Terkay turn Tatanka around and grabs his arm, then locks him in an armbar. Terkay puts on a huge amount of pressure, but Tatanka eventually makes it to the ropes. Burke sees this and gets on the apron and yells at the ref. While the ref is distracted, Terkay puts even more pressure on Tatanka. The ref turns around and sees the hold still locked in, so he makes Terkay break it up. Terkay picks Tatanka up, but Tatanka starts punching him with his good arm, then runs to the ropes, comes back, and hits a running shoulder block. Terkay gets up, but Tatanka hits another! Tatanka climbs up to the top turnbuckle and waits for Terkay. Terkay gets up, and Tatanka goes for the Tomahawk Chop, but Terkay moves out of the way! Terkay pulls Tatanka’s head back and locks him into a Dragon Sleeper, which JBL calls the “Big Bear Blackout.“ Tatanka has his foot under the rope, but the ref doesn’t see it. After a while, Tatanka is in too much pain and has to tap out! Burke gets in the ring quickly and starts celebrating as if he won the match. [b](OR: 58%, CR: 61 MQ: 70%, *1/4)[/b] [color=#0000FF][b]Winner: Sylvester Terkay[/b][/color] [b]Chimel:[/b] “Here is your winner by submission, Sylvester Terkay!” The referee raises Terkay’s hand in victory, then Burke does the same. Burke and Terkay leave the ring and head to the back, both glad over the win. Tatanka gets up, disappointed with his loss. He starts arguing with the referee, Charles Robinson, yelling that he screwed him out of the match because his foot was under the rope. Robinson says he didn’t see it, but Tatanka has had enough and punches Robinson in the face! The crowd boos heavily at this. Tatanka picks him up, and delivers the Wykea on Charles Robinson! Tatanka looks down and spits on Robinson. [b]Cole:[/b] “What a despicable act by Tatanka! What is wrong with him?” [b]JBL:[/b] “Tatanka’s been screwed for weeks Cole, and he’s had enough of it.” [b]Cole:[/b] “But he has no right attacking referee Charles Robinson!” Tatanka gets out of the ring and walks to the back, ignoring the fans boos as we go to a commercial break. [Commercial Break] [b]HE’S COMING TO GETCHA! [/b] As we return from the commercial break, we’re shown five or six little girls in dresses depressingly walking in a circle, holding hands. The little girls start to sing. [i]Ring around the rosey[/i] We’re shown a video of The Boogeyman creepily dancing around the ring. [i]A pocketful of posies[/i] The Boogeyman pulls worms out of his bag, scaring Jillian Hall [i]Ashes, ashes[/i] The Boogeyman hangs on the wall of Booker T and Sharmell’s dressing room, eating worms. [i]They all fall down [/i] The Boogeyman hits the Goodnight on various opponents, including Booker T, Nunzio, Vito, Simon Dean, Orlando Jordan, The Dicks, and JBL. The Boogeyman’s logo then appears. [b]Boogeyman:[/b] “I’m The Boogeyman! And I’m comin’ to getcha!” [i]NEXT WEEK[/i] [b](72%)[/b] -- [b][i]MISTERRRRRRR KENNEDYYYYYY.........KENNEDYYYYYYYY![/i][/b] The music starts playing, and Ken Kennedy emerges from the back, to boos. As he walks down to the ring, he gets in one of the fans’ face, getting him even more boos. He climbs up the steps, swaggers into the ring, and yells at Tony Chimel to “get the hell out of his ring.” The lights turn off and Kennedy poses and raises his hand for the microphone, which falls perfectly into his hand. [b]Kennedy:[/b] “Shh...shh... Quiet down. Now that you’ve shut up...” The crowd boos more, which makes Kennedy smirks. [b]Kennedy:[/b] “I can tell you that tonight, I weigh in at 243 pounds, and I hail from GREEN BAY, WISCONSIN... and will be you NEXT WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION... MISTERRR KENNEDYYYYYY! The crowd is now heavily booing Kennedy. He takes the mic with him and gets on the second turnbuckle. [b]Kennedy:[/b] “KENNEDY!” Kennedy tosses the mic back, which ascends back to the ceiling. He gets back onto the mat and waits for his partner. The royal music starts playing which brings out the former world champion King Booker with Queen Sharmell, who is holding a microphone.. [b]Chimel:[/b] “And his partner, accompanied to the ring by Queen Sharmell, from Houston, Texas, weighing in at 256 pounds, King Booker! [b]Sharmell:[/b] “All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! All hail King Booker! “ Sharmell continues this as we go to a commercial break. [b]Cole:[/b] “Kennedy and King Booker versus Rey Mysterio and Batista, up next!” [Commercial Break] When we return, King Booker’s music is still playing and he and Kennedy seem to be discussing strategy. [b][i]WATCHA GON’ DO WHEN WE COME FO’ YOU[/i][/b] “Booyaka 619” hits and Rey Mysterio pops out of the ramp to a huge ovation. He runs down the steps and starts walking to the ring. [b]Chimel:[/b] “And their opponents; first, from San Diego, California, weighing in at 170 pounds, Rey Mysterio!” Before Mysterio can get to the ring, Booker and Kennedy get out of the ring and walk up to Mysterio, looking to take out him out before the match even starts. Before either one of them strikes, Mysterio goes after Kennedy! He tries to fight off the two, but the number games add up, and the two start stomping. Kennedy picks him up and whips him into the steel steps, and Booker pulls a steel chair out from under the ring. The second he pulls it out, “I Walk Alone” by Saliva starts playing and Batista runs down to the ring! “The Animal” starts fighting off both of them, and takes out Kennedy with a huge clothesline, then takes the title off from his waist and nails King Booker in the head with it! He helps up Rey to check on him, then the two former tag champs get into the ring. Mysterio gets on the apron, letting the unhurt Batista start the match. Kennedy gets in the ring while Booker is still on the floor. The ref signals for the bell, and it’s time to start the match! [color=#0000FF][b]WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP #1 CONTENDERSHIP Batista and Rey Mysterio vs. Ken Kennedy and King Booker[/b][/color] The champ starts out the match by taking Kennedy to the corner, and starts hitting some very stiff shoulder thrusts. The ref tries to pull Batista back, but Kennedy eye rakes him, blinding the big man. The ref warns Kennedy of his action, and while Batista is blinded, King Booker pulls on Batista leg, making him falls face first onto the mat. Rey Mysterio hops down to the floor, and King Booker walks away from Mysterio, then gets in his corner. While Batista is down, Kennedy drops a knee drop on the back of Batista’s head, then another, then he tags in King Booker, who gives a knee drop of his own on Batista. Booker then picks Batista up and sets him into his team’s corner. Booker hits a few knife-edge chops which gets some “Woos” out of the crowd. Booker knees Batista in the gut then tags Kennedy and puts Batista in an abdominal stretch. Kennedy goes to kick Batista in the gut, but stops. Instead, he kicks Batista right in the face! Kennedy then puts Batista in a headlock, and put a lot of pressure on it until Batista makes it to the ropes. The ref pulls Kennedy back, but he goes back towards “The Animal,” but gets elbowed right in the gut. Batista gets up, runs against the ropes, comes back and nails a huge spear on Kennedy! Batista hobbles over and makes a hot tag to Rey Mysterio! Mysterio runs into the ring, and hits a running baseball slide on King Booker, making him hit is jaw on the ring apron! Mysterio turns his attention to Mr. Kennedy, who is now sitting in the corner with the wind knocked out of him and bronco busters him! While Mysterio watches his prey, Kennedy finally gets back up, only for Mysterio to hit a running drop kick, making Kennedy fall onto the middle rope! With Kennedy prone, Mysterio signals to the crowd, then nails a perfect 619 on Kennedy! Mysterio gets on the ring apron and waits for Kennedy to rise. Kennedy gets up, Mysterio jumps, but King Booker grabs onto Mysterio’s legs! Kennedy runs up and knees Mysterio in the gut. He grabs onto Mysterio’s head and levels his legs on the top rope, and hits a huge DDT on Mysterio, knocking him out! Kennedy goes to pin him, but Batista steps back into the ring, runs toward Kennedy, but Kennedy pulls on the top rope, and Batista is sent flying into King Booker! With the ref paying attention to Batista and Booker fighting , Mysterio kicks Kennedy right in the family jewels! Kennedy is laying on the mat in pain, Mysterio gets on the ring apron, put gets hit right in the back of the head by a steel chair being held by Chavo Guerrero! Chavo pushes Mysterio back into the ring. Kennedy sees this and drags his arm over Rey’s motionless body. The ref sees the pin and counts. One. Two. Three. Kennedy wins the match for him and Booker and gets a title match against Batista next week on Smackdown. [b](OR: 72%, CR: 83%, MQ: 75%, **1/2)[/b] [color=#0000FF][b]Winners: Ken Kennedy and King Booker[/b][/color] [b]Chimel:[/b] “Here are your winners of the match, King Booker, and Mr. Kennedy! And the new number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship Mr.-” Kennedy yells at Tony Chimel to stop then gets out of the ring. He pulls the microphone out of Chimel’s hand. [b]Kennedy:[/b] “And your NEXT World Heavyweight Champion....MISTER KENNEDY!” He goes to hand the mic back, but puts it back up to him mouth. [b]Kennedy:[/b] “KENNEDY!” The camera shoots over near the set where Batista and King Booker and still fighting. Kennedy heads up to the back, and just walks away in a ****y way. Chavo gets into the ring and holds up Mysterio’s head. The camera zooms into him and you can hear him say “This isn’t over Rey. This is far from over.” He shoves Rey’s head back into the mat and celebrates as Smackdown ends. [color=#0000FF][b]Quick Results[/b][/color] [b]WWE Tag Team Championship:[/b] Paul London and Brian Kendrick © [b]def.[/b] Idol Stevens and KC James [b]WWE United States #1 Contendership:[/b] Bobby Lashley [b]drew[/b] William Regal Sylvester Terkay [b]def.[/b] Tatanka [b]World Heavyweight #1 Contendership:[/b] Ken Kennedy and King Booker [b]def.[/b] Batista and Rey Mysterio

EWR Was awesome wasnt it? Nice start, its gonna be interesting where you take this as its only like 11 months ago (or ten months, i cant count - top set match tho back in the day! lol!) Sonny Siaki is a nice touch, he was a very underated man in WCW,

[quote][center][b][size=3][color=#FF0000][img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/KempoMRK/WWENews.jpg[/img][/color][/size] WWE News and Notes August 26, 2007[/b][/center] [b]-[/b] The Talent Wellness Program was in full force this week. They held a surprise drug test Monday afternoon and three superstars failed, those superstars being Candice Michelle, Mickie James, and Umaga. Candice and Mickie were given 30 day suspensions, while Umaga will stay on the road, but not get paid. He started a huge angle with Kane on RAW, so they didn’t want to put a sudden stop to it. This will however lower his chances of getting a huge push in the near future. [b]-[/b] Road agents seem to enjoy Idol Stevens and KC James’ work recently, which may be a good sign for the rookies. [b]-[/b] Smackdown last night got a 3.5 overnight Nielson rating. This was great for a Summerslam fallout. [b]-[/b] Funaki ripped his bicep in a dark match teaming with Scotty 2 Hotty against the soon to return Gymini. He will be out for 7-8 months. [b]-[/b] Shawn Michaels has interest in working a program with Edge once DX is over. [b]-[/b] Happy birthdays to Funaki and Mr. McMahon who both celebrated their birthdays on the 24th. Mr. McMahon turned 61 and Funaki turned 38. Too bad Funaki celebrated in a hospital room [b]-[/b] Sandman did an interview for a Philadelphian newspaper on Wednesday, criticizing the new ECW. He said it was a horrible decision to put the ECW Title on the Big Show and said the new ECW was a disgrace to the old ECW. When management found the article, he was given a two week suspension.[/quote] Looks like the curse continues with Funaki being injured. Also, I will include RAW and ECW news in these updates.

[quote][img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8298/sdik3.png[/img] [b][color=#3366FF]SMACKDOWN PREVIEW[/color] September 1, 2006[/b] After a huge tag team match last week, Smackdown will be live in Reading, PA with Batista defending his newly won World Heavyweight Championship against Mr. Kennedy. The “****y loudmouth” pinned former champion Rey Mysterio thanks to help from Chavo Guerrero; the match also including King Booker teaming with Kennedy and Batista teaming with Mysterio. King Booker is still upset about losing the title to Batista last Sunday at Summerslam and even more upset that Kennedy is getting a title shot before he gets his rematch. Will King Booker play a role in this week’s title shot? Speaking of Chavo Guerrero, his attack last week will cause Rey Mysterio to stay at home in San Diego, missing Smackdown. Chavo, however, will be at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT to give an interview about his rivalry with Rey Mysterio. The Boogeyman is comin’ to getcha! This Friday night! After a long losing streak, Tatanka turned his back on the fans by attacking referee Charles Robinson last week. Will Tatanka be on Smackdown to explain his actions? Paul London and Brian Kendrick successfully defended their WWE Tag Team titles against KC James and Idol Stevens. This week, they’ll take on the newcomers Sylvester Terkay and Elijah Burke in a non-title match! The Gregory Helms Invitation starts this week! Who will be the first to challenge for Gregory Helms’ WWE Cruiserweight Championship? Also, after Finlay’s attack on Bobby Lashley and William Regal last week, Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long has made a triple threat No Disqualifications match between the three for the United States Championship next week. But this week, Theodore Long has made a special warm-up match for Finlay. Who will the tough Irishman fight? All this and more this Friday night at 8/7 CT on UPN! [b]Confirmed Matches[/b] World Heavyweight Championship: Batista © vs. Ken Kennedy Non-Title Match: Paul London and Brian Kendrick vs. Elijah Burke and Sylvester Terkay Finlay vs. ? Sylvan vs. Vito Gregory Helms Invitational: Gregory Helms © vs. ?[/quote] ...

• 2 weeks later...
[center][img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8298/sdik3.png[/img] [b][color="#0000FF"]SMACKDOWN RESULTS[/color] “Live” from Reading, PA September 1, 2006[/b][/center] Smackdown starts with a highlight package of the end of last week’s main event, which was the team of Rey Mysterio and Batista taking on the team of King Booker and Mr. Kennedy. The video cuts to the very end, when it was down to Mysterio and Kennedy in the ring, with Batista and King Booker brawling outside. Mysterio hits the 619 and goes for the West Coast Pop, but gets hit in the back of the head by Chavo Guerrero with a steel chair. Chavo pushes him back in the ring, and Kennedy pins the former champ to win the match! Kennedy is shown celebrating his way to the back, because he gets a World Heavyweight Championship shot tonight. We see Chavo walking up to Rey, picking up his head, and saying “This isn’t over Rey. This is far from over” Chavo pushes Rey's head back into the match and the camera zooms into Mysterio thriving in pain. “Rise Up” by Drowning Pool hits with the Smackdown intro, and it’s time to start the show! [b]Michael Cole[/b]: “Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to Smackdown! We’re live from Reading, Pennsylvania and boy do we have a huge main event for you! [b]JBL[/b]: “That’s right Michael; Batista, the World Heavyweight Champion, will defend his title against the future of Smackdown, the young, ****y, Mr. Kennedy!” [color="#0000FF"][i][b]MY NAME IS FINLAY, AND I LOVE TO FIGHT[/b][/i][/color] Finlay’s music hits and out comes the tough Irishman. [b]Cole[/b]: “And what a way to kick off Smackdown, with the United States Champion!” [b]Tony Chimel[/b]: “The following non-title match is scheduled for one fall. First, on his way to the ring, from Belfast, Ireland, weighing in at 235 pounds, he is the WWE United States Champion, Finlay! Finlay makes his way to the ring to a chorus of boos while we cut to a video of last week’s number one contender’s match when Finlay attacked both Bobby Lashley and William Regal, making neither the number one contender. We return to the ring, which Finlay is waiting for his surprise opponent. [b]JBL[/b]: “Teddy Long promised a surprise opponent for Finlay after his actions, who’s it gonna be?” [color="#0000FF"][i][b]I’M THE BOOGEYMAN! AND I’M COMIN’ TO GETCHA![/b][/i][/color] The smoke rises throughout the set, and out comes the freak, crawling his way from the back. He gets up and looks to the crowd. [b]Chimel[/b]: “And his opponent, from the Bottomless Pit, weighing in at 285 pounds, The Boogeyman! The Boogeyman smacks himself in the head with a clock and a huge pyro goes off. He then “dances” his way to the ring to the crowd delight. He sets down his smoke-filled cane against the steps. He climbs up the steps, but stops, takes out a handful of worms from his pockets and eats them! Finlay looks bewildered by this. Boogeyman gets into the ring, and the ref signals for the bell! [color="#0000FF"][b]NON-TITLE MATCH Finlay vs. The Boogeyman[/b][/color] The Boogeyman starts the match by creepingly circling around Finlay, playing mind games with him, but Finlay stops him by elbowing him right in the face! Finlay grab’s Boogeyman’s arm and puts him in an armlock, keeping him down. He eventually starts to power out of it, and breaks free! The Boogeyman starts punching away at Finlay, and the two fight back and forth until he kicks Finlay right in the gut. Finlay is sitting against the ropes and The Boogeyman pulls out a handful of worms! He puts the worms near Finlay’s face, and Finlay quickly gets out of the ring! Finlay starts backing up, but out comes [b]Bobby Lashley[/b]! While Lashley walks to the ring, the Little Bastard climbs into the ring and grabs the shillelagh, but The Boogeyman turns around, scaring the life out of the him, causing him to rush back under the ring! At this point the count is at eight and Finlay finally turns around, but Lashley grabs him, and pushes him back into the ring! Finlay gets up and yells something at Lashley, but gets back dropped by The Boogeyman. Boogeyman smiles sadistically at Lashley and it looks like he’s foaming from the mouth. [b]JBL[/b]: “This freak disgusts me!” [b]Cole[/b]: “We’ll find out who will win this contest after this commercial break!” [Commercial Break] We’re back and this match is still going on, with Finlay having a headlock on The Boogeyman. We’re shown a “During the Break” video where [b]William Regal[/b] came out to ringside and tried to grab The Boogeyman’s leg, but Boogeyman spit some worm’s on Regal’s face. Regal walks over to the two and offers his hand to Finlay, which Finlay takes a few seconds, but grabs on to put more pressure on The Boogeyman. The ref doesn’t see it, but Lashley does, and he runs over to stop it and chases Regal, and eventually strikes him! While this is going on, The Boogeyman grabs on to the ropes, causing the ref to break the hold. Before he can get back up, Finlay kicks The Boogeyman right in the face. Boogeyman gets on his knees, Finlay runs against the ropes, comes back and goes for a knee strike, but The Boogeyman grabs his leg! He holds onto it while he stands up and hits a stiff clothesline. Boogeyman picks up Finlay and puts both hands on Finlay throat; he goes for the Boogeybomb, but Finlay rakes his eyes! Finlay jumps down and gets his shillelagh from the corner and strikes The Boogeyman right in the face with it! The referee calls for the bell! [b](OR: 67%, CR: 70%, MQ: 61%, 3/4*) [color="#0000FF"]Winner via DQ: The Boogeyman[/color][/b] [b]Chimel[/b]: “Here is your winner of the match by disqualification, The Boogeyman! [b]Cole[/b]: “What a cheap tactic by Finlay!” [b]JBL[/b]: “Wouldn’t you do the same thing if you have a big title defense next week and you have to face that freak beforehand? Finlay had more than enough reasons to do it!” Finlay gets out of the ring and walks over to get his title, but gets speared by Lashley! Regal makes his way over and gets a spear of his own! Lashley gets the US title and holds it near Finlay’s face and yells “This is mine!” He then drops the title on Finlay’s body and walks off. We’re shown a quick replay video of what just happened. Lashley poses to the crowd one last time and heads backstage. [b]Cole[/b]: “If Lashley does that again next week, then he’ll be the next United States champion for sure!” [color="#0000FF"][b]WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT[/b][/color] We cut backstage to Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long’s office where he is arguing with the former World Champion King Booker, who’s with this wife Sharmell. [b]Long[/b]: “I’m telling you one last time Booker, Kennedy got the pin last week, so he gets the title shot tonight. Besides, you never told me when you we’re using your shot.” [b]Booker[/b]: “I told you I shall use it when I want.” [b]Long[/b]: “Well, that’s not good enough playa. You could wait for months to cash it in, and I have to keep my champ in action and ratings up.” [b]Booker[/b]: “Sire Vincent Kennedy McMahon told me I will be able to use my shot whenever I choose.” [b]Long[/b]: “Well, “Sire McMahon,” also gave me the right ta’ make title matches when I choose when he made me the General Manager of Smackdown!” [b]Booker[/b]: “Theodore, I’ll let tonight’s fight continue, but I’ll be back next week and I shall declare when I use my title opportunity! And remember, this is not the last you have seen of King BOOKAH!” After saying this, both the King and Queen rush out of the room. After the door is slam shut, Theodore Long takes out his cell phone and calls someone. [b]Long[/b]: “Well Mr. Heyman, I think I picked my superstar. Next week on ECW, it’ll be King Booker vs. Rob Van Dam!” Theodore Long grins as we go to commercial break. [b](80%)[/b] [Commercial Break] We come back from commercials and “The Toughest Man to Ever Wear a Dress” Vito is making his way to the ring, playing with his dress, to a decent reaction. [b]Chimel[/b]: “This match is scheduled for one fall. First, from Little Italy, Manhattan, New York, weighing in at 245 pounds, Vito! He gets into the ring and starts playing to the crowd. [color="#0000FF"][i][b]SYLVAN, AMBASSADOR TO THE BEAUTIFUL PROVINCE OF QUEBEC[/b][/i][/color] With this new introduction, out comes Sylvan, holding a microphone. [b]Chimel[/b]: “And his opponent, from Quebec, weighing in at 250 pounds, Sylvan!” Sylvan walks down to the ring, but stops right in front of it. [b]Sylvan[/b]: “Why do you people like this man? Is it because you want to be just like him? Do you want to wear dresses like he does? Or is it because you half-brained Americans like any sideshow that is shoved down your throat every month? Well after I’m done with you, Vito, I’ll make sure a sideshow doesn’t make your way into the most beautiful place in the world. No, not Reading, Pennsylvania-” The crowd boos heavily for this. [b]Sylvan[/b]: “I am talking about the magnificent province of Quebec!” Sylvan drops the microphone and takes off his coat, folds it over his arm, and gently hands it to a ring attendant. He gets into the ring and the ref calls for the bell to be rung. [color="#0000FF"][b]Sylvan vs. Vito[/b][/color] Vito goes right after Sylvan, pummeling him into the corner. The ref calls for Vito to back off, which he does, and Sylvan slips out of the ring. Sylvan starts walking around the ring, picking up some heat from the crowd. Vito grabs the ropes and starts yelling and Sylvan, who grabs his legs and pulls him up, making Vito hit the back of his head on the mat. Sylvan gets back in the ring and puts a headlock on Vito. Vito eventually grabs on the rope and Sylvan lets go, but hit a hard elbow drop on the back of Vito’s head. Sylvan back off then yells to the crowd “This is your hero?” He turns around to some punches from Vito, who whips him into the ropes, then “flashes” Sylvan, getting a big pop from the crowd, and making him back into the corner. Vito walks over to elbow Sylvan in the face, but Sylvan ducks and tries to punch Vito, but Vito kicks him in the gut and hits a DDT! Vito grabs Sylvan’s legs, positions him, and slingshots him into the turnbuckle. Vito waits for Sylvan to turn around and hits a hard clothesline on Sylvan. [b]JBL[/b]: “That’s my move!” Vito grabs Sylvan’s arm and locks in the Dress Code! Sylvan struggles to get out of under Vito’s dress, but eventually taps out! [b](OR: 68%, CR: 66%, MQ: 71%, *1/2) [color="#0000FF"]Winner: Vito[/color][/b] [b]Chimel[/b]: “Here is your winner by submission, Vito! Vito starts celebrating outside of the ring, flapping his dress up and down. [b]JBL[/b]: “I can’t stand this guy, if you can even call him that.” [b]Cole[/b]: “He’s obviously a man, John.” [b]JBL[/b]: “You would know.” Vito stops on his way to the back. [b]Vito[/b]: “I’M GOING TO QUEBEC!” The camera shows Sylvan in the ring, obviously upset that he lost. [b]Cole[/b]: “Let’s head to the back with Kristal Marshall.” [color="#0000FF"][b]SMACKDOWN’S MOST VALUABLE PLAYER[/b][/color] We’re cut to the interview set with Kristal, Smackdown’s newest superstar, Montel Vontavious Porter, and his agent, Mr. Siaki. [b]Kristal[/b]: “Thanks Michael. Ladies and gentlemen, I’m here with Smackdo-” [b]Siaki[/b]: “Let me handle this introduction pretty lady. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, you are looking at the best, the greatest, the most perfect, the unparalleled, the first-class, first-rate; those words aren’t even good enough to describe this man. The only three words that can describe this man are “most,” “valuable,” and “player.” And the man I’m talking about is Smackdown’s newest superstar, the “Most Valuable Player,” that’s right Kristal, Montel Vontavious Porter!” [b]Kristal[/b]: “So Montel-” [b]MVP[/b]: “Please Kristal, call me MVP.” [b]Kristal[/b]: “So MVP, last week on WWE.com you signed the biggest contract in Smackdown history, making you one of the key players on the Smackdown roster.” [b]MVP[/b]: “The key player on Smackdown.” [b]Kristal[/b]: “Right. So after signing your contract last week, Smackdown fans around the world are wondering when you will make your Smackdown debut.” [b]Siaki[/b]: “Well me and Mr. Porter, or MVP, as you should call him would like to like this man to wrestle his first match as a Smackdown superstar as soon ass possible. Hell, we even planned on it being tonight. But why waste the biggest debut of the century on a small town like Reading, Pennsylvania? A man like MVP wants to make his debut huge. So that’s why next week on Smackdown, Montel Vontavious Porter will make his Smackdown debut in the sunny city of Tampa, Florida.” [b]MVP[/b]: “Next week, you’ll know why they call me “MVP.” Siaki and MVP walk back, but not before Siaki can look back and tell Kristal “call me” before we head to a commercial break. [b](71%)[/b] [Commercial Break] We come back from commercials and straight into the action as Paul London and Brian Kendrick’s music hits the speakers and out come the WWE Tag Team Champions to a small ovation. The two briefly look at each other then start sprinting down to the ring. [b]Chimel[/b]: “The following non-title match is scheduled for one fall. First, on their way to the ring, weighing in at 385 pounds, they are the WWE Tag Team Champions, Paul London and Brian Kendrick!" They get into the ring, and slide half-way through it. The two each get on a turnbuckle and do dual backflips off of them, then remove their masks. Sylvester Terkay’s music starts playing with Terkay and Elijah Burke wearing ring attire and holding a microphone make their way from the back to little reaction. [b]Chimel[/b]: And their opponents, weighing in at 550 pounds, Elijah Burke and Sylvester Terkay! The two make their way to the ring, but stop before to take off their jackets. [b]Cole[/b]: “Sylvester Terkay has been making a name for himself on Smackdown lately, defeated numerous superstars in the past few months.” Burke bring the mic with him into the ring. [b]Burke[/b]: “I hope you all saw the power of this man *points to Terkay* last week. Sylvester Terkay defeated Tatanka, and man who was undefeated in the WWE for two years. Well soon enough, Smackdown will feel the wrath, the strength, and the power of Sylvester Terkay. Tonight, the “Man Bear” and I take it to the tag division. So “champs,” good luck, because you’re gonna need it.” Burke and Kendrick get on the apron and it’s time to start the match. [color="#0000FF"][b]NON-TITLE MATCH Elijah Burke and Sylvester Terkay vs. Brian Kendrick and Paul London[/b][/color] Terkay and London lockup to start things out, but Terkay obviously overpowers London and knee strikes. He irish whips London into the ropes, London ducks a clothesline and tries to fight off the big man with some punches, but no avail. London dropkicks Terkay to knock him down, but all it does is send him into the ropes. London dashes at Terkay, but gets hit with a stiff clothesline. Terkay drags London’s body over to his corner and tags in Elijah Burke. Terkay holds London up so Burke can kick him in the gut; instead, Burke punches London right in the face. Burke picks up London and lifts him up for a suplex, and drops him stomach first onto the top rope! Burke yells to the crowd and lowers his right kneepad. He then charges and tries to hit London’s head with his knee, but London moves his head at the last second! He hits Burke in the gut with a shoulder strike and tags in Kendrick without Burke seeing. London springboards off the rope and goes for a clothesline, but Burke ducks and turns around to get a springboard clothesline from Kendrick! Kendrick sprints over and hits a running dropkick on Terkay, sending him to the outside! Kendrick waits for Burke to get up and hits a hurricanrana. Kendrick makes a quick tag to Paul London while Terkay climbs onto the apron. London launches himself off of Terkay with a dropkick and hits a dropsault on Burke! London stays on Burke, 1...2..kickout! London makes a quick tag to Kendrick this time, then lifts up Burke for a powerbomb. Kendrick grabs Burke’s head and goes for the Sliced Bread #2, but Sylvester Terkay grabs Kendrick’s leg, causing Kendrick to land groin first on teh top turnbuckle, and Terkay pushes Kendrick down to the mat. London doesn’t realize it at first and Burke punches London, causing him to fall over with Burke on top. Burke lifts up London and makes a tag to Terkay. Burke pushes London into the “Man Bear” and Terkay hits London with a belly-to-belly suplex! Terkay goes for a pin, 1...2...London kicks out at the last second! Terkay then lifts London up, knee strikes him, and locks in the Big Bear Blackout! London struggles to reach the rope, and he almost does, but gets pulled out of the ring by [b]Kid Kash[/b]! Kash starts pounding away on London while the camera shows that [b]Jamie Noble[/b] is doing the same to Brian Kendrick! The referee calls for the bell. [b](OR: 68%, CR: 56%, MQ: 80%, **1/4) [color="#0000FF"]Winners via DQ: Brian Kendrick and Paul London[/color][/b] [b]Chimel[/b]: “Here are your winner by disqual-” Chimel stops when Kid Kash throws London into the steel steps by the announcer’s table and Noble does the same! [b]JBL[/b]: “The Pitbulls are back Cole, and they’re going straight after the champs!” The Pitbulls yell that they want the tag titles before walking off. We see one last shot of London and Kendrick in pain as we go to commercial break [Commercial Break] [color="#0000FF"][b]LETTING THE FIGHT CONTINUE[/b][/color] We come back to a “During the Break” video where King Booker and Queen Sharmell are leaving the arena and are walking to their limo. One of the men carrying their bags drop on of them. [b]Booker[/b]: “Pick it up peasant! That’s suitcase is more valuable than your house!” The carrier picks it up and put the bags in the limo. [b]Booker[/b]: (to Sharmell) “If Thaddeus Long wants is battle to happen, it shall. But that World Heavyweight Championship will be the property of King Booker!” The two get in the limo and drive off, leaving the arena. [color="#0000FF"][b]MY LEGACY[/b][/color] We now cut to a forest at night, where Tatanka is standing in front of a small fire. [b]Tatanka[/b]: “Hundreds of years ago, my people we betrayed by the American settlers. My people, who trusted your people were wrong. Well it looks like I’m just like my ancestors. I trusted you people, and you betrayed me. I thought you people loved me, but for months I’ve been betrayed by everyone in this business.” Tatanka walks over to the fire, then reaches down and picks something off of the ground. [b]Tatanka[/b]: “I hold three sticks in my hand. This first one represents my people.” He drops the stick into the fire. [b]Tatanka[/b]: “That stick represents you people. And when I dropped it in, that signified the betrayal of my people. The second one represents the old me.” He drops it into the fire. [b]Tatanka[/b]: “This last one represents the new me.” He drops the stick, but the fire suddenly goes out. [b]Tatanka[/b]: “You see, I betrayed you people before you could betray me, which is what I should have done a long time ago. If you didn’t know, my name means “buffalo,” and it’s time for this buffalo to charge.” The camera zooms into Tatanka’s furious face as we end the segment. [b](65%)[/b] We’re now shown Chavo Guerrero walking backstage with a ****y grin on his face. [b]Cole[/b]: “Chavo Guerrero will explain his actions from last week in the ring - NEXT!.” [Commercial Break] Before the Chavo Guerrero interview, we get the Slam of the Week, brought to you by Subway “Eat Fresh.” [quote]Kennedy is laying on the mat in pain, Mysterio gets on the ring apron, put gets hit right in the back of the head by a steel chair being held by Chavo Guerrero! Chavo pushes Mysterio back into the ring. Kennedy sees this and drags his arm over Rey’s motionless body. The ref sees the pin and counts. One. Two. Three. - Chavo gets into the ring and holds up Mysterio’s head. The camera zooms into him and you can hear him say “This isn’t over Rey. This is far from over.” He shoves Rey’s head back into the mat and celebrates as Smackdown ends.[/quote] [color="#0000FF"][b]EXPLOITATION[/b][/color] [color="#0000FF"][i][b]OOOOOOOH CHAVO[/b][/i][/color] Now we’re back with Chavo Guerrero walking down to the ring with loud boos from the fans, who were just reminded of what Chavo did last week. He also still has that ****y grin on his face. [b]Cole[/b]: “How can he smile after what he did to Rey Mysterio last week?” [b]JBL[/b]: “He’s a Guerrero, Cole! He’s done worse things than that to his own family!” [b]Chimel[/b]: “Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Chavo Guerrero!” Guerrero makes his way to the ring, gets inside, and yells for a microphone. [b]Chavo[/b]: “Last week-” The crowd already starts booing him. [b]Chavo[/b]: “Last week, Rey Mysterio and all of you saw me prove a point. That point is: this isn’t over between me and Rey. When I cracked him in the back of the read with a steel chair, I was making sure Rey wouldn’t another shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. Rey didn’t even deserve the World Heavyweight Championship in the first place. Let me tell you people a little story that happened ten months ago. One of the greatest wrestlers of all time, a former WWE Champion, a WWE Hall of Famer, a man I won the tag titles with, my uncle, the greatest men I ever had a chance of knowing, Eddie Guerrero died.” A few “Eddie!” chants pop up. [b]Cole[/b]: “The crowd paying their respects to the last Eddie Guerrero.” [b]Chavo[/b]: “And after that painful day ten months ago, a man, a former friend of the Guerrero family, Rey Mysterio exploited his death. Rey wore the armbands, the shirts, he drove Eddie’s low riders to the ring, he even dedicated his matches to Eddie to get the crowd to sympathize for him. While I, a man who grew up with Eddie since we were little muchachos, didn’t want to disrespect my uncle, and got nothing. Rey undeservingly won the World Heavyweight Championship and the crowd absolutely loved him, while I fought for the Intercontinental Championship and you people couldn’t give a damn about me. Now, ten months later, Rey is a former World Heavyweight Champion, thanks to me, and I’m nothing, expect for a man that put Rey in the hospital last week. You know, they say the Guerrero family has one of the biggest legacies in wrestling history, and my legacy starts now. Chavo Guerrero’s legacy starts once I finish the biggest exploiter in this business, Rey Mysterio.” He drops the microphone of the ground and walks off as hit music starts playing again. He gets out of the ring and starts walking to the back to a lot of boos from the crowd. [b](65%)[/b] [b]Cole[/b]: “Some harsh words by Chavo Guerrero.” [b]JBL[/b]: “You know every word Chavo said was true. Rey Mysterio is one of the biggest exploiters in this business.” [b]Cole[/b]: “Well I wouldn’t say that-” [b]JBL[/b]: “Just keep being biased Cole, that’s what’s got you here in the first place.” [Commercial Break] [color="#0000FF"][i][b]REPLACEMENT FOR MYSTERIO[/b][/i][/color] We’re back, but still with Chavo Guerrero as he’s walking backstage. [b]???[/b]: “Chavo!” The camera shows Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long walking up to Guerrero. [b]Long[/b]: “I heard what you said out there, and I know you want Rey Mysterio in a rematch.” [b]Chavo[/b]: “That’s right I do.” [b]Long[/b]: “Well, I just got a call from Rey Mysterio. He said he’d love to wrestle you again next week, but his doctor won’t allow him to, which means I won’t allow him to.” [b]Chavo[/b]: “So what’s going to happen then?” [b]Long[/b]: “Since Rey Mysterio can’t be here next week, I found a replacement for him.” [b]Chavo[/b]: “Who’s that?” [b]Long[/b]: “Next week, you’ll be going one on one with The Boogeyman! Good luck.” Long pats Chavo on the back and walks off, while Chavo has a fearful look in his eyes. [b](71%)[/b] [color="#0000FF"][i][b]GREGORY HELMS[/b][/i][/color] A new intro for his music, and out comes the Cruiserweight Champion himself, Gregory Helms, to a light chorus of boos. [b]Chimel[/b]: “The following match is the FIRST EVER Gregory Helms Invitational. First, from Raleigh, North Caroline, weighing in at 215 pounds, he is the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Gregory Helms!” [b]JBL[/b]: “Gregory Helms is the longest reigning Cruiserweight Champion in WWE history Cole.” [b]Cole[/b]: “That’s right. He’s faced and beaten every cruiserweight Smackdown has to offer in the past nine months.” Helms climbs up the steps and gets into the ring. He takes off his do-rag and coat and hands them to a ringside assistant, then asks for a microphone from the announcers booth. [b]Helms[/b]: “That’s right folks, the Gregory Helms Invitational, or GHI for short, which I like to call it, begins tonight! And you should feel lucky to have the greatest and longest reigning WWE Cruiserweight Champion of all time starting the biggest challenge the world has ever seen, and it all starts in your town of Reading, Pennsylvania.” This gets him a cheap pop. [b]Helms[/b]: “Not that you deserve it; I thought Smackdown was going to be in a big city like Philadelphia tonight.” And the crowd turns on him already. [b]Helms[/b]: “So without further ado, let’s see who has the honor of being the first ever man to challenge me in the GHI.” Helms waits for a few seconds until what sounds like a remake of “Copacabana” by Barry Manilow. Out comes a happy-go-lucky guy with a polka-dotted attire, short trimmed hair, and a huge smile on his face. The man plays to the crowd while making his way to the ring and when he gets in the ring, all he can do is smile. [b]Helms[/b]: “Let’s get to know a little about you before I destroy you. So kid, what’s your name and where are you from?” [b]???[/b]: “Scott Colton! And I‘m from Reading, Pennsylvania!” Loud cheers for their hometown “hero.” [b]Helms[/b]: “Well Scott, are you excited to be in the same ring as Gregory Helms?” [b]Colton[/b]: “You have no idea! I’ve been a fan of yours since you were in Three Count and-” Obviously, Helms doesn’t like his past as he decks Colton with a right hand, causing the ref to ring the bell for the match to begin! [color="#0000FF"][b]GREGORY HELMS INVITATION - WWE Cruiserweight Championship Gregory Helms © vs. Scott Colton[/b][/color] The champ takes it to the challenger, punching him repeatedly on the ground. The referee calls for Helms to stop, which he does. Helms takes the title off of his waist and gives it to the ref, who hands it to a ringside assistant. With the referee’s attention turned away, Helms delivers a swift kick the back of Colton’s head. He picks up Colton’s head and pushes him into the corner. Helms backs up and goes for a running clothesline, but Colton ducks! Rollup, kick out after a one count. Helms gets back up, only for Colton to dropkick him. Colton picks up Helms and goes for a suplex, but Helms hooks Colton’s leg and goes for a suplex of his own. Colton does the same, but Helms knees him in the guts, and swing him around for a neckbreaker, but Colton reverses it into a back slide, 1...2...Helms gets out of the pin and hits a knee drop on Colton. Helms stalks his prey and hits the Shining Wizard! Helms covers Colton, 1...2...3! [color="#0000FF"][b](OR: 71%, CR: 63%, MQ: 80%, **1/2 for a squash) Winner: Gregory Helms[/b][/color] [b]JBL[/b]: “And that’s why he’s the champ Cole.” [b]Cole[/b]: “No doubt JBL. A quick and impressive with for the Cruiserweight Champ.” Helms retains the title in the first ever GHI, although it was an extremely short match. The referee hands him the title and he starts celebrating to light boos from the crowd. [b]Chimel[/b]: “Here is your winner and STILL WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Gregory Helms!” Helms is still celebrating with the title raised high in the air as he heads to the back. [b]Cole[/b]: “Who’s going to challenge Gregory Helms next week?” [color="#0000FF"][i][b]YOUR NEXT CHAMPION?[/b][/i][/color] We’re now backstage with Kristal Marshall and the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Championship, Ken Kennedy. [b]Kristal[/b]: “Mr. Kennedy, tonight you are challenging Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship, what are your thoughts on this huge opportunity?” [b]Kennedy[/b]: “Do you feel it Kristal? Do you feel it? You should. You should feel the aura, the atmosphere of tonight. You see, this is my first shot at the World Heavyweight Championship. First ever. It’s arguably the biggest title in wrestling today, and what a better champion than the biggest star in wrestling today, Mr. Kennedy. There’s been a lot of question I’ve been asked in this past week. Question like ‘Do you think you can beat Batista?,’ ‘Do you think your win was tainted because of Chavo Guerrero?,’ and ‘Why are you so great Mr. Kennedy?” This gets a few boos for the arrogant superstar. [b]Kennedy[/b]: “Well I’ll answer all those now. I’ve beaten Batista twice already, two times in a row. My win was tainted? I had Mysterio already beat, all Chavo Guerrero did was give Rey Mysterio a little tap on the head; Mysterio’s just a crybaby. And I am so great because I am Mr. Kennedy, the fastest rising star in Smackdown history, and your NEXT World Heavyweight Champion, MIIISTEEER KENNEDY! Kennedy walks off, only to come back right in front of the camera. [b]Kennedy[/b]: “KENNEDY!” The camera zooms in on Kennedy’s face some more until we go to commercial break. [b](84%)[/b] [Commercial Break] [color="#0000FF"][i][b]MIIIIISTEEEER KENNEDY![/b][/i][/color] It’s main event time, and here comes the challenger, Ken Kennedy. He makes his way to the ring to loud boos, the loudest of the night. [b]JBL[/b]: “There’s your next champion right there, Mr. Kennedy.” He steps into the ring then shouts at Tony Chimel to leave the ring. He does his pose, pointing towards the ceiling, and down comes Kennedy’s trademark microphone. [b]Kennedy[/b]: “I’m going to make this short and simple.” This gets some cheers from the crowd; they’re already tired of Kennedy talking. [b]Kennedy[/b]: “Just like I’m gonna do with Batista.” Here come the boos again. [b]Kennedy[/b]: “Tonight I go down in history. In ten years, when you look in the history books, you’ll see the names that have held the World Heavyweight Championship. Guys like Triple H. (lots of cheers) Shawn Michaels. (more cheers) Randy Orton. (loud boos) The undeserving Batista, (huge cheers) And the man that wins the title tonight, MIIIIISSTTTEEEER KENNEDY!.” Kennedy receives a lot of heat from the crowd as he steps onto the second turnbuckle. [b]Kennedy[/b]: “KENNEDY!” Kennedy throws the microphone behind him, letting it rise back up to the rafters. Kennedy takes off his shirt and throws it out of the ring onto the floor. He waits for Batista, looking more focused than ever. “I Walk Alone” by Saliva hits and the crowd goes wild. Batista come out and walks over to each side of the crowd, who are cheering wildly for the champ. [b]Cole[/b]: “Huge ovation for the champ here in Reading, Pennsylvania.” He stops at the beginning of the entryway and does his machine gun taunt, setting off a huge amount of pyro. He gets to the ring, runs up the steps and gets right into Kennedy’s face. He then takes the title off of his waist and hands it to referee Nick Patrick. [b]Chimel[/b]: “The following match is scheduled for one fall and is for the World Heavyweight Championship. First, the challenger, from Green Bay, Wisconsin, weighing in at 243 pounds, Ken Kennedy!” [b]Kennedy[/b]: “Kennedy!” More boos for Kennedy. [b]Chimel[/b]: “And from Washington, D.C, weighing in at 290 pounds, he is the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista!” Huge pop for Batista from the crowd. Nick Patrick raises the belt in the air, signifying that it is a title match. He hands the title to Tony Chimel then calls for the bell. [color="#0000FF"][b]WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP Batista © vs. Ken Kennedy[/b][/color] The two get right into each other’s faces and Kennedy slaps the taste out of Batista’s mouth! Batista doesn’t take this to kindly and spears Kennedy into the corner! The ref tells Batista to back up, which he does, then goes back to Kennedy, but Kennedy pulls his body under the top rope. The referee tells him to back up again, but Batista ignores it and lifts Kennedy’s feet into the air, making him crash to the floor! Batista hops out of the ring and goes to grab Kennedy, but gets poked in the eye! Kennedy pulls Batista over to the announce table and lifts his head up. [b]Kennedy[/b]: “MISTAAAAAAAAAAAAA-” But Batista elbows Kennedy in the gut and slams his head on the announce table! He then grabs Kennedy by the trunks and pushes him back into the ring at the seven count. Batista picks him and sets him in the corner. He steps on the second rope and starts punching away with the crowd chanting for each punch until he gets to the tenth punch and Kennedy lifts him up for the Green Bay Plunge! But Batista counters with punches to Kennedy’s back and delivers a huge superplex off of the top rope! Batista manages to make the cover, 1...2...Kennedy kicks out! [b]Cole[/b]: “Close call, it looked like Batista was going to retain the title.” [b]JBL[/b]: “It’s Kennedy’s night, Cole. He’s not going to give up that easily.” [b]Cole[/b]: “We’ll see if it’s Kennedy’s night when we come back.” [Commercial Break] We’re back with Kennedy stepping on Batista’s shoulder while Batista neck is on top of the bottom rope. The ref calls for him to stop, which Kennedy does at the 4.9 count. We’re shown a “During the Break” video, in which Kennedy took the advantage. The video shows Kennedy irish whipping Batista, only to trip him face-first on the match then DDT to add more insult to injury. After the video ends, Kennedy tries to pick up Batista, but “The Animal” fights back only to for Kennedy to elbow Batista in the back of the head a few times, knocking Batista back down. He drags Batista over, sets his head on the bottom rope, and steps on Batista’s shoulders again, choking the big man. He once again lets go of the hold right before the five count. Kennedy lifts him up and this time sets his head up on the top rope. Kennedy runs off of the opposite ropes, comes back and leaps at Batista, but Batista moves out of the way, causing Kennedy to hit his neck on the top rope. While this was going on, King Booker made his way out to ringside. Kennedy groggily turns around into a spinebuster from Batista! Batista walks over to the ropes and starts shaking the top rope Warrior style. He turns over and sees Booker and starts to yell at him. He backs off and goes to pick up Kennedy, but gets wrapped up in a small package! Nick Patrick makes the count, 1...2...kickout! The two get back up at the same time and Batista goes for a clothesline on Kennedy, but Kennedy ducks and Batista knocks out Nick Patrick! King Booker, now by the announce table, sees his opportunity and grabs the World Heavyweight Championship the time keeper’s table. Batista turns around and Booker goes to hit him with the title, but Batista ducks and Booker nails Kennedy in the head with the title! Booker then gets clotheslined out of the ring by Batista. Batista picks Kennedy up and hits the Batista Bomb on him! Batista makes the cover and Nick Patrick eventually regains consciousness, 1...2...3! [b](OR: 79%, CR: 83%, MQ: 73%, **1/4) [color="#0000FF"]Winner: Batista[/color][/b] “I Walk Alone” by Saliva starts playing again as Batista celebrates his victory by posing to the crowd with his title. [b]Chimel[/b]: “Here is your winner, and STILL World Heavyweight Champion, Batista!” [b]Cole[/b]: “An impressive victory by the World Heavyweight Champion.” [b]JBL[/b]: “Impressive? King Booker screwed Kennedy!” Batista gets out of the ring, and walks by King Booker, who is just getting up. Batista gives him and little smirk and continues walking off. Kennedy struggles to get up and has a furious look on his face as he stares at King Booker. [b]Cole[/b]: “What will Mr. Kennedy and even King Booker have to say next week after this match?” Smackdown ends with one last shot of Batista holding the title in the air. [color="#0000FF"][b]Quick Results[/b][/color] [b]Non-Title Match[/b]: The Boogeyman [b]def.[/b] Finlay via DQ Vito [b]def.[/b] Sylvan [b]Non-Title Match[/b]: Brian Kendrick and Paul London [b]def.[/b] Elijah Burke and Sylvester Terkay via DQ [b]WWE Cruiserweight Champion[/b] Gregory Helms [b]def.[/b] Scott Colton [b]World Heavyweight Champion[/b] Batista [b]def.[/b] Ken Kennedy

• 3 weeks later...
[quote][img]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8298/sdik3.png[/img] [b][color="#0000FF"]SMACKDOWN PREVIEW[/color] September 8, 2006[/b] As Smackdown ended last week, the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista, reigned supreme after retaining the title by defeating Mr. Kennedy. The end of the match was a bit controversial however, after King Booker hit Mr. Kennedy with the title after Batista ducked. What will Mr. Kennedy have to say about King Booker’s involvement in the match? How will King Booker explain his actions? The Pitbulls are back on Smackdown after attacking the WWE Tag Team Champions Paul London and Brian Kendrick. What will Jamie Noble and Kid Kash have to say about their ambush on the champs? Chavo Guerrero expressed his feelings toward Rey Mysterio last week in a very personal and heart-felt in-ring interview. Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long caught up with Chavo later that night and told Chavo that he would be in action this week, but not against Rey Mysterio, who is still healing an injury Chavo gave him two weeks ago. Instead of facing Rey Mysterio, Chavo Guerrero will go one-on-one with The Boogeyman! Speaking of The Boogeyman, he made his return to Smackdown last week taking on the tough United States Champion Finlay. The match featured interference from both William Regal and Bobby Lashley, who were attacked by Finlay two weeks ago in a number one contendership champ to Finlay’s title. This week on Smackdown, Finlay will have to defend the United States Championship against both Lashley and Regal in a triple threat no disqualifications match! Also, Montel Vontavious Porter makes his in-ring debut and the Gregory Helms Invitational continues this this Friday night at 8/7 CT on UPN! [b]Confirmed Matches[/b] WWE United States Championship: Finlay © vs. Bobby Lashley vs. William Regal (No Disqualifications) Chavo Guerrero vs. The Boogeyman Gregory Helms Invitational: Gregory Helms © vs. ? MVP’s Debut: Montel Vontavious Porter vs. ? Sylvester Terkay vs. Vito[/quote] I decided to stop using news updates.

[quote][center][img]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1116/wwenpg3.jpg[/img] [b]WWE News and Notes September 2, 2006[/b][/center] • Smackdown scored an overnight rating of 3.5 last night, which is the same as last week. Some backstage expected it to be higher, but they we’re still glad the ratings haven’t dropped. • Happy birthdays this week go out to Sgt. Slaughter (turned 58), The Great Khali (turned 34), Jeff Hardy (turned 29), Mickie James (turned 27), and OVW’s Deuce Shade (turned 35). • If you didn’t figure it out last night, it was indeed ROH star Colt Cabana who challenged Gregory Helms under the name of Scott Colton. He was given a tryout on Smackdown after months of CM Punk and Ken Kennedy both pushing for him to get hired. Those backstage thought he showed some great charisma before the match started and they especially liked how he did in the match, even it was a squash. There’s a strong rumor that Cabana was offered a WWE contract on either Tuesday night or Wednesday. We’ll have more on this in next week’s update. • Rumor has it the WWE wants to start working with foreign promotions to start talent trades like WCW had with New Japan Pro Wrestling in the ‘90s. This could have something to do with the Gregory Helms Invitational, in which WWE officials want to bring in some top names that the WWE fans might still be familiar; wrestlers like Ultimo Dragon, TAKA Minchinoku. If they reach a deal, they will likely be having fair trades with the promotions, unlike WCW did with NJPW. • The original plan for Montel Vontavious Porter was to have him get out of matches claiming “the town wasn’t good enough for him” until he fought a returning Chris Benoit at No Mercy in his debut match, which he would lose in a squash. But officials have grown a huge interest in making him a big name in the future, but their opinions could change any moment. • Dusty Rhodes has been pulling for his son Cody to debut on any of the three brands. Dusty doesn’t have much pull backstage, but he is highly respected and the head trainer in OVW, Mike Bucci has put in a good word for him as well. • Many are surprised that Kid Kash came back from his suspension, as it looked like he might’ve been fired because of his horrible attitude. He was given another chance and started at house shows last week, and his attitude was completely different, and it stayed the same at the taping on Tuesday. The main reason he was given another chance was because London and Kendrick were in need of a heel team to challenge them seeing as Idol Stevens and KC James were getting little to no reaction, while The Pitbulls did get heat from the crowd. The Gymini were set to return soon to challenge London and Kendrick, but those plans are pretty much dead after the two are being blamed for Funaki’s injury last week.[/quote] As you can see, I decided to continue doing news updates, and they'll stay in this fashion from now on. You can also tell I'm not good at making my own graphics.

Archived