Strange endgame

Iowa ball, Q4, 4-10-KEN13 (00:43) 6-12 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-TE-playact-SE-in Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-norm-SZ-B11 QB D. Johnson completes a 5 yard post to WR A. Cross (CB O. Ryder, SS D. Hernandez). Iowa Timeout! Kentucky ball, Q4, 1-10-KEN8 (00:37) 12-6 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-straight-RG Defense: Normal, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-norm-MZ RB J. Todd runs right guard for 7 yards He fumbles the ball after a hit by T. Leon. It's recovered by L. Lopez of Iowa. He returns it 1 yards to the Kentucky 14. Kentucky ball, Q4, 1-10-KEN8 (00:29) 12-6 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-straight-RG Defense: Normal, Set: 3-4, Play: 34-norm-MZ The QB spikes the ball to stop the clock! Iowa ball, Q4, 2-10-KEN14 (00:29) 6-12 Offense: Short Pass, Set: Weak, Play: WK-HB-flat-SE-post Defense: Stop Pass, Set: 4-3, Play: 43-pass-TMan QB D. Johnson completes a 1 yard dump off to RB M. Lindsey (OOB). Iowa ball, Q4, 3-9-KEN13 (00:23) 6-12 Offense: Short Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-HB-screen Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-MZ-B6,11 QB D. Johnson completes a 13 yard screen to RB M. Lindsey ****Touchdown!***** [COLOR="Blue"]2 things that caught my eye. First of all, Iowa was out of timeouts so I don't understand why the Kentucky QB didn't just kneel. Secondly, I'm confused by the whole "spike the ball sequence." According to the PBP above, the Kentucky QB spiked the ball AFTER Iowa had recovered the fumble. If it just a display issue and it was Iowa that spiked the ball, do they need to do that on first down after a change of possession? Anyway, hope the end game situations can be tweaked in the update.[/COLOR]

Guest DirkGildun
It looks like it was actually the Iowa QB who spiked the ball (on the play after Kentucky fumbled the ball back to Iowa). The error is that the PbP says "Kentucky ball 1-10". Another problem I see, based on the PbP, is that the ball on that play should be on the Kentucky 14 rather than the Kentucky 8. However, this has been corected for the 2nd down PbP. So, the errors involve the PbP, not the logic (although I don't understand why the Iowa QB would spike the ball on 1st down after a change-of-possession timeout).

Archived