Offline Game Viewer

Not sure if this folder or the Mods folder is more appropriate for utilities, so let me know if I should move this. I have released a beta version of my BBCF Offline Game Viewer. This is based on my FOF Game Viewer (for those familiar with it), so will end up with a similar feature set, but still needs a fair amount of work to parse the new game logs. It is expected that this will be most useful to multiplayer leagues, but may help single player games by letting you go back and watch games you missed the first time through. The viewer is available from: [url]http://www.gstelmack.com/bbcfviewer/publish.htm[/url] A couple of notes: 1) I'm trying to publish / auto-update stuff in .NET 2.0. Once you go to this link once to install, from then on out you should just have to run the game locally from your start menu and it will auto-update if I release a new version. So far it looks like this is working okay, but if it causes too many fits I'll switch to a traditional installer / RSS feed to keep everyone updated. Only known issue is that Firefox doesn't seem to like to run .NET bits, so you may need to use IE to do the initial install. 2) I have no clue who the home / away team are, so this will be wrong for all games. I have a couple of options (with parsing the corresponding box score my final fallback), but won't revisit this until after the BBCF update comes out. 3) It can take a short bit to start up, as it has to open each game log file to find out what teams are playing, and each league has over a thousand games in it. More work will come on this, but for now be patient. 4) The ONLY lines that are actually parsed for anything are: [LIST] [*]Possession / Time / Down / Distance lines [*]Offensive Formation / Playcall [*]Defensive Formation / Playcall [*]Kickoff / return [/LIST] No other lines will be parsed or handled properly just yet. My primary goal from here out is to finish parsing the rest of the lines, but if you watch how kickoffs are handled you'll get a feel for how I expect the general game flow to go. Having said all that, the basic functionality is there. Field position will be marked, first down marker will be available, drive start is shown, score updates, etc. It is usable. I plan on updating regularly as I parse more and more lines and get more and more of the stats handled. If anyone is aware of an endzone logo mod, please let me know as I should be able to incorporate them, but I have nothing to test with.

Can this program find BBCF even if it isnt installed to the default directory? I'm getting the "BBCFviewer encountered a problem and needs to shut down" error message. I've done all the fixes recommended in the Gridiron Glory thread about this utility, but none of those fixes works.

[QUOTE=Runtheball;139764]Can this program find BBCF even if it isnt installed to the default directory?[/QUOTE] It expects to find the registry key that points to the BBCF uninstaller, and finds the BBCF path from there. It *should* be able to handle non-default directories just fine, but I need to make sure I add error handling around the registry key so it lets you know if it can't find the BBCF directory. [QUOTE=Runtheball;139764]I'm getting the "BBCFviewer encountered a problem and needs to shut down" error message. I've done all the fixes recommended in the Gridiron Glory thread about this utility, but none of those fixes works.[/QUOTE] Is that all it is saying? Any other information in the error dialog?

[QUOTE=BigDawg;140011]I am getting the same thing, this is the info its showing me..... EventType : clr20r3 P1 : bbcfgameviewer.exe P2 : 0.3.0.0 P3 : 44ea5de8 P4 : bbcfgameviewer P5 : 0.3.0.0 P6 : 44ea5de8 P7 : 92 P8 : 1c P9 : system.nullreferenceexception[/QUOTE] That's identical to the message I'm getting.

I pushed a new update out tonight. I doubt it will actually fix anything yet, but I added a bunch more exception handling blocks that should at least help me narrow down the location of the error people are experiencing. I also draw the "home team"'s helmet at midfield, and if you have endzone logos installed, it will draw those in the endzone as well (and if not, it will try to draw the default Bowl Bound logo that ships with the game).

Here's what happens every time I try to run the app... [LIST] [*]I select BBCF Offline Game Viewer from the start menu, [*]I see a little window open that says its verifying application requirements [*]that first window closes, and then another opens that says Loading Universe Data [*]lastly, the good ol' error message referenced previously in this thread comes up. [/LIST]

The problem was the registry key I used to detect where the game was installed. I figured I'd always be able to find "Bowl Bound College Football", but that was just the initial release. I also needed to check for "Bowl Bound College Football Update 1.03", "Bowl Bound College Football Update 1.1", etc. This also means I'll need to update whenever a BBCF update ships, but that shouldn't be too hard. Glad it's working for everyone, and now I can get back to concentrating on parsing plays (as soon as I wrap up a small FOF Draft Analyzer feature I've wanted to do for a long time...)

First of all, great utility! This totally rocks! Unfortunately, I get a crash after a kickoff return for a touchdown. :( If you want to see for yourself, it's in the 2nd quarter of the Maryland - East Carolina game in the current [url=www.gridiron-glory.net]Gridiron Glory[/url] league file.

been trying for over a week and no luck - this is the latest error message. PLATFORM VERSION INFO Windows : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT) Common Language Runtime : 2.0.50727.42 System.Deployment.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) mscorwks.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) dfdll.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) dfshim.dll : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200) SOURCES Deployment url : file:///C:/DOCUMENTS%20AND%20SETTINGS/OWNER/DESKTOP/BBCFGameViewer-2.application IDENTITIES Deployment Identity : BBCFGameViewer.application, Version=0.6.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5ff434533d4cb378, processorArchitecture=msil APPLICATION SUMMARY * Installable application. ERROR SUMMARY Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log. * Activation of C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\BBCFGameViewer-2.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected: + Downloading file:///C:/DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS/OWNER/DESKTOP/BBCFGameViewer_0_6_0_1/BBCFGameViewer.exe.manifest did not succeed. + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\BBCFGameViewer_0_6_0_1\BBCFGameViewer.exe.manifest'. + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\BBCFGameViewer_0_6_0_1\BBCFGameViewer.exe.manifest'. + Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\BBCFGameViewer_0_6_0_1\BBCFGameViewer.exe.manifest'. COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY No transaction error was detected. WARNINGS There were no warnings during this operation. OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS * [08/26/2006 8:56:54 PM] : Activation of C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\BBCFGameViewer-2.application has started. * [08/26/2006 8:57:18 PM] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed. * [08/26/2006 8:57:18 PM] : Installation of the application has started. ERROR DETAILS Following errors were detected during this operation. * [08/26/2006 8:57:18 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadException (Unknown subtype) - Downloading file:///C:/DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS/OWNER/DESKTOP/BBCFGameViewer_0_6_0_1/BBCFGameViewer.exe.manifest did not succeed. - Source: System.Deployment - Stack trace: at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next) at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadAllFiles() at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Download(SubscriptionState subState) at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation) at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadApplicationManifest(AssemblyManifest deploymentManifest, String targetDir, Uri deploymentUri, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, Uri& appSourceUri, String& appManifestPath) at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp) at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc) at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut) at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state) --- Inner Exception --- System.Net.WebException - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\BBCFGameViewer_0_6_0_1\BBCFGameViewer.exe.manifest'. - Source: System - Stack trace: at System.Net.FileWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System.Net.FileWebRequest.GetResponse() at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader.DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next) --- Inner Exception --- System.Net.WebException - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\BBCFGameViewer_0_6_0_1\BBCFGameViewer.exe.manifest'. - Source: System - Stack trace: at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint) at System.Net.FileWebRequest.WrappedGetResponseCallback(Object state) --- Inner Exception --- System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException - Could not find a part of the path 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\OWNER\DESKTOP\BBCFGameViewer_0_6_0_1\BBCFGameViewer.exe.manifest'. - Source: mscorlib - Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync) at System.Net.FileWebStream..ctor(FileWebRequest request, String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare sharing, Int32 length, Boolean async) at System.Net.FileWebResponse..ctor(FileWebRequest request, Uri uri, FileAccess access, Boolean asyncHint) COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS No transaction information is available.

[QUOTE=Chappy;140888]First of all, great utility! This totally rocks! Unfortunately, I get a crash after a kickoff return for a touchdown. :( If you want to see for yourself, it's in the 2nd quarter of the Maryland - East Carolina game in the current [url=www.gridiron-glory.net]Gridiron Glory[/url] league file.[/QUOTE] I'll check it out.

[QUOTE=asaintsfan;140892]been trying for over a week and no luck - this is the latest error message.[/QUOTE] I see a couple of possibilities: 1) Trouble accessing my web site. Could be an ISP issue on your end, or something in the route from you to my ISP. 2) Something not up-to-date on your machine. Do you have the latest .NET 2.0 runtime? 3) Your browser doesn't support .NET. I've heard people have problems with Firefox, for instance. Are you using IE to install it? #3 is the most likely reason for me to abandon the ClickOnce install and go back to an MSI install, but then I have to write my own auto-update routine...

[QUOTE=gstelmack;140932]I'll check it out.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I wasn't handling the TD return correctly. Update pushed out to fix that. It'll be a bit before the next update. I want to at least handle typical running and passing plays before pushing out another update, now that most stuff is actually functioning for people.

[QUOTE=gstelmack;140932]I'll check it out.[/QUOTE] I can't duplicate the crash during that 90 yd kickoff return for TD. The only issue I have now is the dropdown 'filter' menu does not change when I change leagues. The dropdown teams remain from the fictional league I have on my saves directory and its getting kinda hard to find the games I want in GG now that we're three weeks into the season.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;141018]I can't duplicate the crash during that 90 yd kickoff return for TD.[/QUOTE] That's probably because you got my update that fixed it this morning ;) [QUOTE=Cooleyvol;141018]The only issue I have now is the dropdown 'filter' menu does not change when I change leagues. The dropdown teams remain from the fictional league I have on my saves directory and its getting kinda hard to find the games I want in GG now that we're three weeks into the season.[/QUOTE] I'll check that out. It's supposed to be changing them...

• 4 weeks later...
I just uploaded a new update. Two notable changes: [LIST] [*]Inteceptions handled. [*]The "Support" link has been updated to point to a web page set aside for the viewer which will include version updates. This link is available from the "New Version" dialog, and from the start menu links. This way you can find out what changes with each release without having to check the forums. [/LIST]

Archived