Young Lion question

Just a couple questions to make this more clear to me: When does a worker break free of being a young lion? Is it a lot of young workers or just a selected few that are given the stat? Other than that, it sounds like a good feature. Reminds me of how I keep jobbing Adrenaline Rush to teams like New Wave and Jersey Devils, but still keep them around.

Not everyone is a young boy (lion), it just depends on the style of promotion. You won't see the same style of young boys in the smaller promotions. It's completely different the way they go about it between New Japan and Dragon Gate, for example.

[QUOTE=Akki;142081]In TEW07, a Young Lion is a wrestler with a maximum of a D grade in Respect. It's exactly what he said.[/QUOTE] Not exactly. Or it should have been worded: "Any wrestler with below D in respect is a Young Lion." The tradition thing answers the question though.

if you were a Japanese fed were the 'youg lion' system is in place and you signed a none-japanese worker who had below D overness would he still count under the system? If so, i am gonna be a japanese fed, brin in 3 English guys and call 'em 3 lions - ahh, i can smell the patriotism!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it would work like that. I'm pretty sure it works by area, not nationality. If it did, Australians and "Others" would get a free pass. And it's not D overness, it's D respect. D, E, or F respect makes them a Young Lion.

I reckon the only Japanese promotion in the Cornellverse who won't utilise the young lion system would be WEXXV and WLW. Even though INSPIRE would appear to be the most modern promotion, I can't help but feel that their youngsters (of which there are a few) won't be getting any kind of mega push any time soon. My only fear for the whole thing is the respect stat itself. In TEW05 it seemed almost static, save for my road agents and a few vets, it rarely ever changed. If the same thing happens in 07, it would cause a lot of problems. But I assume Adam has changed things up there as well, so it will probably be excellent. Which is great. Derek B

Archived