TCW: Tommy Cornell Goes For Broke

Just to add, the last post means the backstory is somewhat drawing to a close until the first show. They'll be one more installment plus possibly a brief highlight of anything meaningful that happens in the first day prior to the first TCW show. The show itself will be reasonably detailed, but certainly not to the extent of the storyline posts. For the first show itself, I'd be interested to hear peoples thoughts on how it's been built up (enough lead up, couple more things need explanation, etc) and any expectations for the first show, things you'd hope to see etc. Just some basic input I guess. Anyway, thanks to all those reading and especially those replying. Whilst it's fun to write this for my own amusement, it's always great to know that others are following it. :cool:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=Thriller;145183]At a guess I'd say the "secretary" is Emma "Extreme/Easy" Chase. I'm fairly certain she works for USPW, my C-Verse knowledge is getting abit rusty.[/QUOTE] The ending isn't much of a teaser, since the default USPW roster doesn't leave many alternative female possibilities lol, but it's more to mark her as someone not originally on Cornell's radar.

[QUOTE=Thriller;145183]At a guess I'd say the "secretary" is Emma "Extreme/Easy" Chase. I'm fairly certain she works for USPW, my C-Verse knowledge is getting abit rusty.[/QUOTE] The ending isn't much of a teaser, since the default USPW roster doesn't leave many alternative female possibilities lol, but it's more to mark her as someone not originally on Cornell's radar.

[QUOTE]A rambling Jim Force promo was aired on the videotron, the delivery of which bordered on cringe worthy. Whilst the power and paint worker talked of galaxies far away and the supernatural powers that course his veins[/QUOTE] I can't tell you how much I loved that comment. As for the sotry it's been awesome so far and I can't wait for an actual show ot be posted. It's been built up perfectly.

[QUOTE]A rambling Jim Force promo was aired on the videotron, the delivery of which bordered on cringe worthy. Whilst the power and paint worker talked of galaxies far away and the supernatural powers that course his veins[/QUOTE] I can't tell you how much I loved that comment. As for the sotry it's been awesome so far and I can't wait for an actual show ot be posted. It's been built up perfectly.

The way you wrote about Jim Force almost makes me want to hire him and make him look like a fool. I usually stay away from talentless sobs though. This last post has me curious as to how you would use some of them storyline wise. I also am wondering about the strain from the younger Decolts and Tommy Cornell. Seems like something is brewing and it doesnt look good. I like the way you captured the wrestling environment of the stereotypical USPW fans. Nice job.

The way you wrote about Jim Force almost makes me want to hire him and make him look like a fool. I usually stay away from talentless sobs though. This last post has me curious as to how you would use some of them storyline wise. I also am wondering about the strain from the younger Decolts and Tommy Cornell. Seems like something is brewing and it doesnt look good. I like the way you captured the wrestling environment of the stereotypical USPW fans. Nice job.

[QUOTE=Imarevenant;145269]As for the sotry it's been awesome so far and I can't wait for an actual show ot be posted. It's been built up perfectly.[/QUOTE] Unfortunately the actual first show posting is going to be delayed until a bit later in the week. It wasn't until sitting down today and trialing the data over that I realised a couple of fresh issues that are going to come up, plus a planned plot twist I had coming up is going to rather difficult to simulate without starting the game over midplay. So, it looks like I'm going to have to rethink a couple of ideas and set things up slightly differently so the execution is still what I'd intended. After the initial data manipulation, I really want to let TEW run the scenario as is, so it looks like a quick trip back to the drawing board. Fear not, I'll sort this out. Maybe this will turn out with an accompanying scenario sometimes after all.

[QUOTE=Imarevenant;145269]As for the sotry it's been awesome so far and I can't wait for an actual show ot be posted. It's been built up perfectly.[/QUOTE] Unfortunately the actual first show posting is going to be delayed until a bit later in the week. It wasn't until sitting down today and trialing the data over that I realised a couple of fresh issues that are going to come up, plus a planned plot twist I had coming up is going to rather difficult to simulate without starting the game over midplay. So, it looks like I'm going to have to rethink a couple of ideas and set things up slightly differently so the execution is still what I'd intended. After the initial data manipulation, I really want to let TEW run the scenario as is, so it looks like a quick trip back to the drawing board. Fear not, I'll sort this out. Maybe this will turn out with an accompanying scenario sometimes after all.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;145521]When you remake it for 07 I will definately want a copy of the scenario. Can't you just make TCW a parent company for CGC? Maybe your problems are with something else but thats one idea I guess.[/QUOTE] Well that's not the problem, but on that issue the only way to get CGC to stop requesting terminating the parent company relationship was to bump their overness down to regional... although I assume if/when they get back to cult level, they'll probably want to sever ties again.

[QUOTE=juggaloninjalee;145521]When you remake it for 07 I will definately want a copy of the scenario. Can't you just make TCW a parent company for CGC? Maybe your problems are with something else but thats one idea I guess.[/QUOTE] Well that's not the problem, but on that issue the only way to get CGC to stop requesting terminating the parent company relationship was to bump their overness down to regional... although I assume if/when they get back to cult level, they'll probably want to sever ties again.

Either way I will enjoy your diary. If they dont want a relationship then end it and then steal all of their talent! "Take that you selfish independant bastards!" *hand gesture* That is what I would do out of frustration. Make all of the family capable of being bought by you. That way they aren't unsackable. I dislike how everyone is stuck in certain promotions. The Hart family signed with WWE and WCW but their family owned Stampede Wrestling. That stuff happens in wrestling. Nobody is impossible to buy. I know some are harder to sign away than others but still. Anyways good luck and I am dieing to read a show. I come on here 2 times a day hoping for another post lol. I am obsessed with this 1 diary.

Either way I will enjoy your diary. If they dont want a relationship then end it and then steal all of their talent! "Take that you selfish independant bastards!" *hand gesture* That is what I would do out of frustration. Make all of the family capable of being bought by you. That way they aren't unsackable. I dislike how everyone is stuck in certain promotions. The Hart family signed with WWE and WCW but their family owned Stampede Wrestling. That stuff happens in wrestling. Nobody is impossible to buy. I know some are harder to sign away than others but still. Anyways good luck and I am dieing to read a show. I come on here 2 times a day hoping for another post lol. I am obsessed with this 1 diary.

Archived