TCW: Tommy Cornell Goes For Broke

[QUOTE=sebsplex;147029]I much agree, but in George's position (not completely revealed in the previous segment) I'm going from the basis that he didn't find out about his wife's unfaithfulness until well into Ricky's life and foolishly buried the idea of getting DNA confirmation in the case that despite being his father in the most important sense of the word, he'd risk losing his son if he turned out not to be the biological father. Since then, the problem's spiralled and now that his wife is pushing up daisies, he's noble to a fault to preserve her memory. Because of that, Eisen finds him easy prey.[/QUOTE] Sentimental generations are like chaff. Great for making by-products, bad for making bread. I hope George suffers for his decision. Furthermore, I hope his family learns the truth and they see him for the sentimental old fool protecting a corpse's memory rather than dealing with the here and now and doing what's best for the people that are still here and not worm food. Emotion has no place in business, unless your business is writing self-help books ("He's Just not that into you" and "Men are from Mars, Women are from the 7th circle of hell.....err, Venus"). (and btw, that's just a reaction to the story as it stands revealed. I realize there's more to it ;) )

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jackdecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/richardeisen.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][B][I]the forgotten son...[/I][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Jack DeColt cut across the same marble floor that his father had covered only a matter of minutes ago, although his steps were less purposeful. Richard Eisen had by now removed himself from behind his desk and repositioned himself near the window from which he had been gazing through prior to the CGC founder's arrival. [I]"What did I tell you? My father is noble to a sickening fault... predictable and weak."[/I] The second eldest DeColt son almost spat out the last three words with contempt as he stood in front of the SWF supremo's gaudy glass desk. [I]"Traits that I see you do not share with him, Jack."[/I] Being planted in the middle in a line of four siblings was never easy. Jack DeColt was never granted the responsibility that his eldest brother Steve had been privileged to; neither did he have the advantages Ricky (still a brother to the best of his knowledge) received as the youngest of the four sons. Alex on the other hand, he wasn't in the same boat as Jack. It was considered common knowledge that when their father did eventually step back from the world of pro-wrestling, the reigns of Canadian Golden Combat were always destined for the hands of Alex DeColt. Too preoccupied with his in-ring career, Steve always had little more than a waning interest in one day controlling the family promotion and Ricky was far too young and inexperienced in the business to warrant consideration for the role. Jack however... Jack was overlooked and offered nothing more than a roster spot under the watch of his younger blood, Alex. But then, to see that same family legacy willingly mortgaged by his father with Tommy Cornell... that was the last straw. Understandably Alex felt an immediate sense of anger, mistrust and injustice as their father concluded his dealings with TCW's owner, but to Jack, the game hadn't changed. It now just involved more players. Multiply Alex's feelings tenfold and now he had some idea regarding how Jack DeColt had felt all these years. [I]"Just remember our agreement, Mr Eisen. The information that I provided you with comes with a price attached..."[/I] Driven by this animosity, the second eldest of the DeColt sons had undertaken this action in order to acquire what he saw as rightfully his. The role of Richard Eisen was as the man powerful enough to make that ambition a realisation. If Eisen was however to act as his provider, then Jack would need to offer the controversial promoter something in return. He obliged by granting the SWF owner the chance to not only recruit the legendary George DeColt to his company as a subservient entity, but the opportunity to sabotage the ascendancy of their nearest rival. Even Richard Eisen couldn't refuse such a mutually beneficial agreement. It was as if the pair had torn the heart out of the new era of TCW and held it, still beating before them. In return, the CGC torch would be passed to Jack. All this, for the price of one sordid family secret that for all these years, Geroge DeColt had falsely believed was exclusive knowledge to him alone. He was gravely wrong. How was he to know that an event in his life he'd prayed had been consigned to history for the annals of time would return to haunt him courtesy of his own flesh and blood. Back at the time, Alex and Steve DeColt were both preoccupied with their fledging lives and paid little attention to matters at home, existing in a blissful state of ignorance regarding the problems that were brewing behind the wholesome family exterior. That's where Jack DeColt differed to his siblings. He was acutely aware of the growing rift between his parents, despite his young age. Whilst his mother could not be regarded as the "whore" Eisen had provocatively labelled her, she had betrayed her husband on many occasions. Each time it involved the same man, a gentleman whose frequent presence around the house during George DeColt's absence only heightened Jack's convictions that something was amiss. Little time had passed until the son finally discovered the truth having returned home unannounced whilst the adulterous pair shared an intimate moment, unaware of his presence. It would not be their last rendezvous, but it would be the last Jack intended to witness. Later that year, Ricky DeColt was born. Understandably his father embraced the new arrival. It would be several years later until the nature of his wife's betrayal would surface. Jack recalled the day well. He'd never been sure how exactly his father had eventually stumbled on the truth, but the change in his interactions with Ricky proved that he knew nonetheless. Jack could see it in the eyes of his father. Doubt and uncertainty now prevailed before eventually manifesting themselves into denial, the delusional belief that there was no chance the boy could have been the product of an affair. Now older and undoubtedly wiser, Jack DeColt now understood the full significance of the acts he had witnessed at the family home on that fateful autumn morning. Not the fact that his youngest brother could plausibly have been fathered by another man, but the fact that the choice by his parents to conceal the truth from their offspring, now meant Jack held the most damaging of weapons to utilise against his own father should the need arise. In the past seven days, that need had arisen. Sentimentality had no place in business.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jackdecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/richardeisen.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][B][I]the forgotten son...[/I][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] Jack DeColt cut across the same marble floor that his father had covered only a matter of minutes ago, although his steps were less purposeful. Richard Eisen had by now removed himself from behind his desk and repositioned himself near the window from which he had been gazing through prior to the CGC founder's arrival. [I]"What did I tell you? My father is noble to a sickening fault... predictable and weak."[/I] The second eldest DeColt son almost spat out the last three words with contempt as he stood in front of the SWF supremo's gaudy glass desk. [I]"Traits that I see you do not share with him, Jack."[/I] Being planted in the middle in a line of four siblings was never easy. Jack DeColt was never granted the responsibility that his eldest brother Steve had been privileged to; neither did he have the advantages Ricky (still a brother to the best of his knowledge) received as the youngest of the four sons. Alex on the other hand, he wasn't in the same boat as Jack. It was considered common knowledge that when their father did eventually step back from the world of pro-wrestling, the reigns of Canadian Golden Combat were always destined for the hands of Alex DeColt. Too preoccupied with his in-ring career, Steve always had little more than a waning interest in one day controlling the family promotion and Ricky was far too young and inexperienced in the business to warrant consideration for the role. Jack however... Jack was overlooked and offered nothing more than a roster spot under the watch of his younger blood, Alex. But then, to see that same family legacy willingly mortgaged by his father with Tommy Cornell... that was the last straw. Understandably Alex felt an immediate sense of anger, mistrust and injustice as their father concluded his dealings with TCW's owner, but to Jack, the game hadn't changed. It now just involved more players. Multiply Alex's feelings tenfold and now he had some idea regarding how Jack DeColt had felt all these years. [I]"Just remember our agreement, Mr Eisen. The information that I provided you with comes with a price attached..."[/I] Driven by this animosity, the second eldest of the DeColt sons had undertaken this action in order to acquire what he saw as rightfully his. The role of Richard Eisen was as the man powerful enough to make that ambition a realisation. If Eisen was however to act as his provider, then Jack would need to offer the controversial promoter something in return. He obliged by granting the SWF owner the chance to not only recruit the legendary George DeColt to his company as a subservient entity, but the opportunity to sabotage the ascendancy of their nearest rival. Even Richard Eisen couldn't refuse such a mutually beneficial agreement. It was as if the pair had torn the heart out of the new era of TCW and held it, still beating before them. In return, the CGC torch would be passed to Jack. All this, for the price of one sordid family secret that for all these years, Geroge DeColt had falsely believed was exclusive knowledge to him alone. He was gravely wrong. How was he to know that an event in his life he'd prayed had been consigned to history for the annals of time would return to haunt him courtesy of his own flesh and blood. Back at the time, Alex and Steve DeColt were both preoccupied with their fledging lives and paid little attention to matters at home, existing in a blissful state of ignorance regarding the problems that were brewing behind the wholesome family exterior. That's where Jack DeColt differed to his siblings. He was acutely aware of the growing rift between his parents, despite his young age. Whilst his mother could not be regarded as the "whore" Eisen had provocatively labelled her, she had betrayed her husband on many occasions. Each time it involved the same man, a gentleman whose frequent presence around the house during George DeColt's absence only heightened Jack's convictions that something was amiss. Little time had passed until the son finally discovered the truth having returned home unannounced whilst the adulterous pair shared an intimate moment, unaware of his presence. It would not be their last rendezvous, but it would be the last Jack intended to witness. Later that year, Ricky DeColt was born. Understandably his father embraced the new arrival. It would be several years later until the nature of his wife's betrayal would surface. Jack recalled the day well. He'd never been sure how exactly his father had eventually stumbled on the truth, but the change in his interactions with Ricky proved that he knew nonetheless. Jack could see it in the eyes of his father. Doubt and uncertainty now prevailed before eventually manifesting themselves into denial, the delusional belief that there was no chance the boy could have been the product of an affair. Now older and undoubtedly wiser, Jack DeColt now understood the full significance of the acts he had witnessed at the family home on that fateful autumn morning. Not the fact that his youngest brother could plausibly have been fathered by another man, but the fact that the choice by his parents to conceal the truth from their offspring, now meant Jack held the most damaging of weapons to utilise against his own father should the need arise. In the past seven days, that need had arisen. Sentimentality had no place in business.

[QUOTE=sebsplex;147080]Sentimentality had no place in business.[/QUOTE] I love this man. Truly I do. If he were real, I'd take him to Scores for drinks and unlimited lap and table dances. To quote Stephen Colbert: "Jack DeColt, he GETS it." THAT is who should run CGC, by right. (Bravo, sebsplex!)

[QUOTE=sebsplex;147080]Sentimentality had no place in business.[/QUOTE] I love this man. Truly I do. If he were real, I'd take him to Scores for drinks and unlimited lap and table dances. To quote Stephen Colbert: "Jack DeColt, he GETS it." THAT is who should run CGC, by right. (Bravo, sebsplex!)

Thanks man, much appreciated. ;) That's what I love about using the Cornellverse. Adam gives us a basic blueprint to work from and with a bit of effort and creative licence, there's a no limits to the possibilities. Jack DeColt is the run of the mill DeColt brother no more!

Thanks man, much appreciated. ;) That's what I love about using the Cornellverse. Adam gives us a basic blueprint to work from and with a bit of effort and creative licence, there's a no limits to the possibilities. Jack DeColt is the run of the mill DeColt brother no more!

Sorry my fit about it being a crock was out of my anger towards George agreeing with Mr Eisen. That enraged me and actually I should have just said great post. I am gaining an attachment to this diary as I look to see if this is updated more than the new updates for TEW 07. I just hope CGC and TCW still form an alliance or NOTBPW joins with TCW. I still would love to read about McFly vs Cornell facing off only to be interupted by Bryan Vessey or someone else. Anyways I love this as it only gets deeper and deeper. I really feel like I have an understanding of the DeColt family. I didnt mean it was a crock as an insult to the writing. It actually was very believable. The way you have written about it has made it even more possible and clear as well.

Sorry my fit about it being a crock was out of my anger towards George agreeing with Mr Eisen. That enraged me and actually I should have just said great post. I am gaining an attachment to this diary as I look to see if this is updated more than the new updates for TEW 07. I just hope CGC and TCW still form an alliance or NOTBPW joins with TCW. I still would love to read about McFly vs Cornell facing off only to be interupted by Bryan Vessey or someone else. Anyways I love this as it only gets deeper and deeper. I really feel like I have an understanding of the DeColt family. I didnt mean it was a crock as an insult to the writing. It actually was very believable. The way you have written about it has made it even more possible and clear as well.

[QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/TCWlogo.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Official TCW Presents Total Wrestling Preview, September Week 1 (from tcw.com)[/B][/CENTER] In recent weeks Total Championship Wrestling has been losing momentum following what seems like a series high profile talent defections, but where Wolf Hawkins is concerned, his pursuit of the National Title could not have built up more steam. Taking the former champion (and now former employee) Rick Law to his limits in a controversial tied contest a fortnight ago, Hawkins marched straight up to Tommy Cornell and demanded a match for the now vacant belt. His timing though, was not the best and in a foul mood following his own defeat at the hands of Liberty the week prior, Cornell granted the young prospect his wish... on one condition. In order to earn a National Title match, Hawkins would need to go through the TCW owner himself first. It was clear that Cornell intends to make and example of this youthful upstart, giving him a first tutorial in "Rough Justice"... but could TCW's top heel be underestimating his foe? Can pure desire and determination possibly take Hawkins past the former World champion? One way or another, we'll find out this Tuesday night. Whilst Cornell will have his hands full against one half of Youth Gone Wild, he will undoubtedly cast an envious eye in the direction of a main event that will see Liberty attempt to prise the World Heavyweight title from the waist of Ricky Dale Johnson. Since acquiring TCW's top gold, RDJ has fought off all comers, but he has yet to face the unique test that Liberty will provide. The crowd may well be torn when these two hugely popular superstars collide, but both men will surely only have eyes for the prize. The rest of this week's show however is shrouded in mystery. Last week on "TCW Presents Total Wrestling", Tommy Cornell promised that he would have an announcement that would not only shake the foundations of TCW, but the entire wrestling world. Is this a case of smoke and mirrors from Cornell or does he really have something up his sleeve that would contain the huge ramifications of which he speaks? There's only one way to found out... [B]TCW Presents Total Wrestling every Tuesday at 9:00PM[/B] [/QUOTE] As an OOC note, due to Cornell being in Canada negotiating with the DeColts at the time, his participation in last week's event was through a couple of pre-recorded segments. In fact, the one concerning the major announcement was actually filmed in front of a makeshift TCW background in British Columbia. And yes, [I]finally[/I] I'm getting towards the first show... story segments however will continue inbetween events where necessary.

[QUOTE] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/TCWlogo.jpg[/IMG] [B]The Official TCW Presents Total Wrestling Preview, September Week 1 (from tcw.com)[/B][/CENTER] In recent weeks Total Championship Wrestling has been losing momentum following what seems like a series high profile talent defections, but where Wolf Hawkins is concerned, his pursuit of the National Title could not have built up more steam. Taking the former champion (and now former employee) Rick Law to his limits in a controversial tied contest a fortnight ago, Hawkins marched straight up to Tommy Cornell and demanded a match for the now vacant belt. His timing though, was not the best and in a foul mood following his own defeat at the hands of Liberty the week prior, Cornell granted the young prospect his wish... on one condition. In order to earn a National Title match, Hawkins would need to go through the TCW owner himself first. It was clear that Cornell intends to make and example of this youthful upstart, giving him a first tutorial in "Rough Justice"... but could TCW's top heel be underestimating his foe? Can pure desire and determination possibly take Hawkins past the former World champion? One way or another, we'll find out this Tuesday night. Whilst Cornell will have his hands full against one half of Youth Gone Wild, he will undoubtedly cast an envious eye in the direction of a main event that will see Liberty attempt to prise the World Heavyweight title from the waist of Ricky Dale Johnson. Since acquiring TCW's top gold, RDJ has fought off all comers, but he has yet to face the unique test that Liberty will provide. The crowd may well be torn when these two hugely popular superstars collide, but both men will surely only have eyes for the prize. The rest of this week's show however is shrouded in mystery. Last week on "TCW Presents Total Wrestling", Tommy Cornell promised that he would have an announcement that would not only shake the foundations of TCW, but the entire wrestling world. Is this a case of smoke and mirrors from Cornell or does he really have something up his sleeve that would contain the huge ramifications of which he speaks? There's only one way to found out... [B]TCW Presents Total Wrestling every Tuesday at 9:00PM[/B] [/QUOTE] As an OOC note, due to Cornell being in Canada negotiating with the DeColts at the time, his participation in last week's event was through a couple of pre-recorded segments. In fact, the one concerning the major announcement was actually filmed in front of a makeshift TCW background in British Columbia. And yes, [I]finally[/I] I'm getting towards the first show... story segments however will continue inbetween events where necessary.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/richardeisen.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/georgedecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/liberty.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][B][I]pre-empted in more ways than one...[/I][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] The crack in the entrance curtain let through a slither of light as well as the smoky residue that still lingered from the pre-show pyro test. This pungent scent filled Tommy Cornell's nostrils as he waited for his cue to part the material and deliver himself to the baying crowd. As with every Tuesday night, the backstage area hummed with activity as stagehands, floor managers and other behind-the-scenes workers scurried back and forth across the open expanse, with notes and other relevant paraphernalia in hand as they tried to avoid tripping over themselves. Tonight however, was not just any Tuesday night. Tonight was the night that the TCW owner aimed to take the promotion formerly known as the Hollyweird Grappling Company that step closer to knocking the SWF from their pedestal at the top of the industry. Nine days had passed since he and George DeColt joined forces and the imminent show would be the first demonstration of what their pooled resources could achieve. This was the night would herald the moment where TCW would strike the preliminary blow in a completely new war with their Eisen-owned rivals. Then his world was turned upside down in the matter of a mere fifteen minutes. The instant that Cornell learnt America-Sports-1 had granted the SWF a earlier timeslot of eight forty-five, upon special request no less, the TCW owner sensed that something was wrong. It was no secret that he had a big announcement planned on this week's show, he'd flogged that particular promotional horse to death in order to make sure that every wrestling fan in the northern hemisphere knew TCW was the place to be this Tuesday night. On the surface it might appear a relatively innocuous move on the SWF's part to counter their closest rivals, but with TCW's event overrunning their own show by a whole thirty minutes anyway, Cornell could simply have held his announcement until the closing portion of the show to guarantee as big-a-slice of the wrestling watching TV audience as possible. Requesting their event to be moved backwards by fifteen minutes? That would have made sense. Cornell would then have been forced to either stage the announcement at the top of the show with only fifteen minutes until the casual fans were lured away by the SWF's broadcast or be limited to just fifteen minutes at the tail end of the show for such exclusive access to the viewers. No, Richard Eisen had a more elaborate scheme to steal TCW's thunder. Feeling himself being backed into a corner, Cornell knew that his shows didn't garner a large enough share of the ratings to give him any pull with the networks in regards to moving tonight's event forward to mirror the SWF's live broadcast. Should the TCW owner have been blessed with the benefit of hindsight, he would have realised that such a move would have been a redundant gesture anyhow. At least he had a whole few precious minutes to rewrite the opening of the show and given the events of the last fifteen minutes, the event would require a substantial rewrite. Disappointingly there was insufficient time for the roadies to create and hang an effigy of George DeColt from the frame of the jumbotron rigging and set it alight as an alternative to the usual opening fireworks extravaganza. Then again, there were several ways that could illustrate just how p*ssed off Cornell was with the legendary Canadian grappler. Ill heath... that was the reason the patriarch of the DeColt family gave for his inability to attend tonight's show. As it transpired, the only health issue that afflicted George DeColt on this warm September evening involved faecal matter forming in his vocal chord and surging upward until it departed the body via oral means. In other words, he was talking sh*t. Integrity, honesty, loyalty and any other such terms that usually came hand in hand with the esteemed DeColt family name were worth as much as the shredded remains of Troy Tornado's contract which still lined the waste paper basket in the TCW owner's office. How could you possibly attribute such noble traits to the man currently standing in the center of a Supreme Wrestling Federation ring and being revered as Richard Eisen's latest acquisition? That was why Eisen had worked his stroke with the network to get his precious fifteen minute pre-emption. He wanted to unveil George DeColt to an audience that would include Cornell and effectively dismember any plans that TCW had for the senior member of the DeColt family in the upcoming months. [I]"I was supposed to be somewhere else tonight..."[/I] Those were the introductory words from DeColt as he took to the microphone on Supreme TV. He actually had the gall to make it sound as menial as cancelling an appointment with the manicurist, dentist or perhaps the guy that Cornell envisioned buffed the Canadian's cranium each week to give his bald head that lurid shine it always seemed to retain whenever they met. In fairness, the patriarch of the DeColt family wasn't the only person on the bill tonight who'd failed to materialise. Now a gaping hole existed in Cornell's intended main event, one that would originally have seen Ricky Dale Johnson attempt to defend his title from the advances of Liberty. Now in order to fulfil such a commitment, RDJ would need to cross states within the next two hours an pop up on Supreme TV as well. After all, that was where Liberty would be appearing tonight and for the foreseeable future... another length in a string of recent defections to their internationally recognised counterparts, the SWF. At least he had the decency to inform the TCW owner of his intentions prior to tonight's show. Sure, Cornell was understandably displeased with Liberty's decision, but he was more diplomatic regarding the superstar that had originally been secured from the SWF by his predecessor, JK Stallings Jr. Having been out of contract for well over a month now, it was always a risk to book Liberty in such a high profile bout, but Cornell had hoped that by proving to the Floridian that he would be utilised as an important fixture in the World title scene, the worker might commit himself to a new deal. He didn't need Sam Strong or anyone else for that matter to remind him that such a risky negotiations strategy had backfired. Still, compared to the dramatic betrayal of DeColt, this barely registered as being a setback. What was Tommy Cornell to do now? The focal point of his big announcement had been extracted by Eisen and his corporation like an organ extracted by a highly skilled surgeon in an operation that despite being concise and deliberate, still left blood splattered result for someone else to clean up. That was the only real option the TCW owner had... something akin to a clean up before reverting to damage limitation mode. He still had the DeColt sons, who unlike their father were committed to the promotion by physical contracts. He also still had their Elite enemies as well as the other talent he'd managed to acquire in the past week, including the scraps of SWF talent that Eisen had allowed him to remove the his table in order to prevent a trip to court concerning Painful Procedure that neither promoter had an interest in pursuing vigorously. That at least was something to be positive about. Cornell would save the diatribe he had reserved for George DeColt for off camera. Why elaborate that Eisen had pulled one over on him to everyone else watching on TV? It was fair to assume the SWF owner would do a sufficient job of ramming the point home without Cornell's assistance. What a difference fifteen minutes makes. There were several tasks which could be accomplished within those fifteen, sixty second intervals and now changing the front of a national wrestling promotion could be included in such an all-encompassing list. Tommy Cornell had been given no real signs, no warning of what was to come. He simply had fifteen minutes to accept what had transpired and deal with fallout as best he could. Those fifteen minutes were up...

[CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/richardeisen.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/georgedecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/liberty.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][B][I]pre-empted in more ways than one...[/I][/B][/SIZE][/FONT] The crack in the entrance curtain let through a slither of light as well as the smoky residue that still lingered from the pre-show pyro test. This pungent scent filled Tommy Cornell's nostrils as he waited for his cue to part the material and deliver himself to the baying crowd. As with every Tuesday night, the backstage area hummed with activity as stagehands, floor managers and other behind-the-scenes workers scurried back and forth across the open expanse, with notes and other relevant paraphernalia in hand as they tried to avoid tripping over themselves. Tonight however, was not just any Tuesday night. Tonight was the night that the TCW owner aimed to take the promotion formerly known as the Hollyweird Grappling Company that step closer to knocking the SWF from their pedestal at the top of the industry. Nine days had passed since he and George DeColt joined forces and the imminent show would be the first demonstration of what their pooled resources could achieve. This was the night would herald the moment where TCW would strike the preliminary blow in a completely new war with their Eisen-owned rivals. Then his world was turned upside down in the matter of a mere fifteen minutes. The instant that Cornell learnt America-Sports-1 had granted the SWF a earlier timeslot of eight forty-five, upon special request no less, the TCW owner sensed that something was wrong. It was no secret that he had a big announcement planned on this week's show, he'd flogged that particular promotional horse to death in order to make sure that every wrestling fan in the northern hemisphere knew TCW was the place to be this Tuesday night. On the surface it might appear a relatively innocuous move on the SWF's part to counter their closest rivals, but with TCW's event overrunning their own show by a whole thirty minutes anyway, Cornell could simply have held his announcement until the closing portion of the show to guarantee as big-a-slice of the wrestling watching TV audience as possible. Requesting their event to be moved backwards by fifteen minutes? That would have made sense. Cornell would then have been forced to either stage the announcement at the top of the show with only fifteen minutes until the casual fans were lured away by the SWF's broadcast or be limited to just fifteen minutes at the tail end of the show for such exclusive access to the viewers. No, Richard Eisen had a more elaborate scheme to steal TCW's thunder. Feeling himself being backed into a corner, Cornell knew that his shows didn't garner a large enough share of the ratings to give him any pull with the networks in regards to moving tonight's event forward to mirror the SWF's live broadcast. Should the TCW owner have been blessed with the benefit of hindsight, he would have realised that such a move would have been a redundant gesture anyhow. At least he had a whole few precious minutes to rewrite the opening of the show and given the events of the last fifteen minutes, the event would require a substantial rewrite. Disappointingly there was insufficient time for the roadies to create and hang an effigy of George DeColt from the frame of the jumbotron rigging and set it alight as an alternative to the usual opening fireworks extravaganza. Then again, there were several ways that could illustrate just how p*ssed off Cornell was with the legendary Canadian grappler. Ill heath... that was the reason the patriarch of the DeColt family gave for his inability to attend tonight's show. As it transpired, the only health issue that afflicted George DeColt on this warm September evening involved faecal matter forming in his vocal chord and surging upward until it departed the body via oral means. In other words, he was talking sh*t. Integrity, honesty, loyalty and any other such terms that usually came hand in hand with the esteemed DeColt family name were worth as much as the shredded remains of Troy Tornado's contract which still lined the waste paper basket in the TCW owner's office. How could you possibly attribute such noble traits to the man currently standing in the center of a Supreme Wrestling Federation ring and being revered as Richard Eisen's latest acquisition? That was why Eisen had worked his stroke with the network to get his precious fifteen minute pre-emption. He wanted to unveil George DeColt to an audience that would include Cornell and effectively dismember any plans that TCW had for the senior member of the DeColt family in the upcoming months. [I]"I was supposed to be somewhere else tonight..."[/I] Those were the introductory words from DeColt as he took to the microphone on Supreme TV. He actually had the gall to make it sound as menial as cancelling an appointment with the manicurist, dentist or perhaps the guy that Cornell envisioned buffed the Canadian's cranium each week to give his bald head that lurid shine it always seemed to retain whenever they met. In fairness, the patriarch of the DeColt family wasn't the only person on the bill tonight who'd failed to materialise. Now a gaping hole existed in Cornell's intended main event, one that would originally have seen Ricky Dale Johnson attempt to defend his title from the advances of Liberty. Now in order to fulfil such a commitment, RDJ would need to cross states within the next two hours an pop up on Supreme TV as well. After all, that was where Liberty would be appearing tonight and for the foreseeable future... another length in a string of recent defections to their internationally recognised counterparts, the SWF. At least he had the decency to inform the TCW owner of his intentions prior to tonight's show. Sure, Cornell was understandably displeased with Liberty's decision, but he was more diplomatic regarding the superstar that had originally been secured from the SWF by his predecessor, JK Stallings Jr. Having been out of contract for well over a month now, it was always a risk to book Liberty in such a high profile bout, but Cornell had hoped that by proving to the Floridian that he would be utilised as an important fixture in the World title scene, the worker might commit himself to a new deal. He didn't need Sam Strong or anyone else for that matter to remind him that such a risky negotiations strategy had backfired. Still, compared to the dramatic betrayal of DeColt, this barely registered as being a setback. What was Tommy Cornell to do now? The focal point of his big announcement had been extracted by Eisen and his corporation like an organ extracted by a highly skilled surgeon in an operation that despite being concise and deliberate, still left blood splattered result for someone else to clean up. That was the only real option the TCW owner had... something akin to a clean up before reverting to damage limitation mode. He still had the DeColt sons, who unlike their father were committed to the promotion by physical contracts. He also still had their Elite enemies as well as the other talent he'd managed to acquire in the past week, including the scraps of SWF talent that Eisen had allowed him to remove the his table in order to prevent a trip to court concerning Painful Procedure that neither promoter had an interest in pursuing vigorously. That at least was something to be positive about. Cornell would save the diatribe he had reserved for George DeColt for off camera. Why elaborate that Eisen had pulled one over on him to everyone else watching on TV? It was fair to assume the SWF owner would do a sufficient job of ramming the point home without Cornell's assistance. What a difference fifteen minutes makes. There were several tasks which could be accomplished within those fifteen, sixty second intervals and now changing the front of a national wrestling promotion could be included in such an all-encompassing list. Tommy Cornell had been given no real signs, no warning of what was to come. He simply had fifteen minutes to accept what had transpired and deal with fallout as best he could. Those fifteen minutes were up...

[CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tcwtw2.jpg[/IMG] [B]TCW Presents Total Wrestling LIVE From The Lowe Ballroom - September Week 1[/B] This is where it all begins... [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jasonazaria.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/kylerhodes.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Blue and white sparks cascade over the entranceway as the show starts with a barrage of fireworks. As the smoke clears, the interior of the Lowe Ballroom is revealed. The mock-Victorian balconies that line the main arena provide a historical touch of class to the event, making this the perfect venue to stage the ressurgance of Total Championship Wrestling. The TCW announce team of Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes welcome the likes of joe public to the show, then highlight the impressive superstar contingent currently mounted around the apron of the ring. It seems that nearly all of the new look Total Championship Wrestling roster surround the ring and the alternate camera angles indeed reveal some familiar as well as more unfamiliar faces collected around the squared circle. For the TCW regulars in the crowd, the absence of former stalwarts such as The Nation Of Filth, Madman Boone and more notably Charlie Thatcher seemed the most apparent, while the Darkness Warriors also no longer made up the ranks. In the void left by the aforementioned workers, the likes of Jumbo Shrimp, the Calamari Kid, two of the DeColt brothers, the returning Jimmy P and others occupied the limited area around the ring. With some form of company address clearly on the agenda, the TCW owner, "Rough Justice" Tommy Cornell makes his way out in his wrestling attire plus the latest black Cornell vest available at the concession stands dotted around the Lowe Ballroom. Waiting on the stage with a mic in hand, Cornell soaks up the crowd's depising roar, before speaking. [I]"Last week I promised you people an earth-shattering announcement regarding Total Championship Wrestling. It was one of the few times when I'd bother to pander to you pitiful excuses of humanity that stretch from the front row to the nosebleed section, but believe me I'm not doing this for any of you!"[/I] Cornell continued along that path of derision for a little longer before moving on to state that there has been a change of the guard at the top of TCW or more specifically, an addition to the hierarchy. [I]"Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you... ALEX DECOLT!"[/I] Since the patriarch of the DeColt family had sold his soul to Richard Eisen, his second youngest son emerged to a decent reception from the fans. It didn't match the adulation he'd expect to receive back across the border, but it was satisfactory. As tradition would dictate, Alex DeColt shines on the microphone and informs the fans of exciting times with his family at the helm and a new era in TCW which begins right here in... yep, the old hometown pop routine. Cornell threw in a few more plot details, but it was the Canadian superstar who had given the crowd a sense of importance for attending such a moment and promised them they were instore for a barnstormer of a show before returning to the back. The opening segment seemed successful and served to briefly highlight a few of the new faces that would all become more involved in proceedings later on. [FONT="Arial"][B]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] (for intro with Cornell) - [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR] (DeColt speech) [/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/blzbubb.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] BLZ Bubb is shown stalking the backstage area, intimidating those nearby and giving the announcers the perfect opportunity to inform us that he's competing against Peter Valentine... next! [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/emmachase.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Following a brief commercial break, Alex DeColt is shown passing a couple of workers backstage on his way back to his father's designated office. Upon opening the door, he finds the appealing form of a young woman sitting on the edge of the desk, legs crossed and expecting the CGC mainstay's arrival. Decked in a suit and skirt combo with a pair of slimline glasses to complete the professional look, the women approaches DeColt who certainly doesn't give the impression that he expected her to be there. The fans didn't either, but the live crowd quickly picked up on the Emma Chase's true identity and booed. After all, she is well known in the states for her work throughout several promotions including the likes of DAVE and most recently UPSW. This just proved conclusively that the fans priliminarily considered her a heel. [I]"Didn't Mr Cornell tell you, sir? I'm your new personal assis... well, I was orignally hired to be your father's personal assistant. My name is Emma Chase. Here..."[/I] DeColt was in the middle of saying "but I really don't need a personal assistant" until Chase guided him to his chair and engaged a shoulder massage. Suddenly his need for a personal assistant seemed much more apparent. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/petervalentine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/blzbubb.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [FONT="Arial"][B][CENTER]Opening Singles Match [COLOR="Gray"]Peter Valentine vs. BLZ Bubb[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B][/FONT]Given the considerable amount of new talent that needed to be eased into tonight's show, it made sense to give the fans something relatively familiar for the first match offering of the night. Unsurprisingly, Sam Strong was literally salivating when he booked this battle of the hosses and the fans in the Lowe Ballroom seemed pumped up for it as well. It should also be noted that this match also marked Baby Jamie's first appearance in TCW since switching from USPW as he was the designated official incharge of the contest. As you'd expect, selling was limited from both sides and the bout got about as technical as your average barfight. Nevertheless, the smash-mouth encounter ended with Peter Valentine defeating BLZ Bubb cleanly, courtesy of a Heartbreaker followed by the pinfall. [B]Winner: Peter Valentine (via pinfall)[/B] Never underestimate the power of a hot opener. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/akgarcia.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/eddiechandler.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The camera travels backstage where Ricky DeColt is passing on a few instructions to an unimportant member of the backstage staff when Dan DaLay appears with A.K. Garcia and Eddie Chandler in tow. Making no mention of the absent John Maverick (currently tied down with CGC), DaLay reminds DeColt that just because they've crossed borders, he and his remaining stablemates are still sworn enemies of Ricky and his siblings. In fact, thanks to George DeColt's decision to transfer them all to the states, the Elite are even more determined to bring down the legendary Canadian family and anyone else who stands between them and domination of their new surroundings. Having surrounded the youngest of the DeColts in an intimidating fashion, the Elite members drop back as Alex and Steve DeColt enter the fray. The Elite however can't leave without DaLay getting in a parting verbal shot, vowing to run the DeColts out of TCW... just like they did with their gutless father. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="lime"]B+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/donniep.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jimmyp.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Following a brief hype video that highlights the history of CGC as well as some of the more memorable moments in the promotion's past, we return to the live feed and more specifically The Fly Boys. Shown chilling out in their locker room, Donnie J and Jimmy P briefly chat about making their TCW returns and mention a four team contest that they're due to compete in later on. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/barrykingman.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][FONT="Arial"][CENTER]Singles Match [COLOR="Gray"]Dan DaLay vs. Barry Kingman[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/B]When we return to the main bowl of the Lowe Ballroom, Barry Kingman is already in the ring. The son of "Crippler" Ray Kingman was recommended to TCW by Steve DeColt and having finally given the former 4C World Champion his big break in a major promotion, it should come as little surprise that his role in the first match of the night to involving talent secured from CGC, is that of a jobber. What follows is essentially a squash match with Kingman selling like a pro to make the most of DaLay's limited offence on the first step to establishing the Elite leader as a significant force in TCW. One DaLay Down later at the two and a half minute mark and that was all she wrote... [B]Winner: Dan DaLay (via pinfall)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/barrykingman.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/petervalentine.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] ...or not quite. Having won the match whilst barely breaking into a sweat, DaLay decides to dish out a post match beating to reaffirm his dominance. With Eddie Chandler directing traffic, DaLay delivers his finisher for a second time before peeling Kingman's limp frame off of the mat for a third DaLay Down until Peter Valentine appears on the stage. Walking to the ring in a slow, but menacing fashion, Valentine hops onto the apron and in turn causes DaLay and his cohort to bid a tactical retreat as they stick to opposite sides of the ring, before regrouping in the aisle. Understandably DaLay tries to pass the incident off as not wanting to trouble himself with the likes of TCW's former bodybuilder, but he isn't fooling anyone. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B-[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/stevedecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/youngleo.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/cliffwilson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Backstage Steve DeColt is talking about nothing in particular with Young Leo (as an excuse to get another new face on camera). He turns away from the conversation and turns straight into Cliff Wilson. For those fans north of the border, this moment is a potential dream combination and the fans in attendance at least have some knowledge of the significance of the pair's paths crossing, popping reasonably. Not using his Dark Angel moniker, Wilson talks about being signed by TCW and how when they were up in Canada working at rival promotions (CGC and NOTBPW respectively), he'd always wanted to face DeColt. The two agree to face off later in the show. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="lime"]B[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tana.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/calamarikid.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jumboshrimp.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [I]"Mmmmm... Tana loves seafood!"[/I] The Giant Tana is currently ploughing through one of the complimentary buffets in a rudamentory catering area, stuffing his face with an assortment of foodstuffs when his eyes suddenly grow wide. On the opposite side of the room is the biggest shrimp Tana has ever seen in his life, but upon further inspection he discovers that this is no ordinary shrimp. This is in fact the former SWF worker, Jumbo Shrimp and his fellow Underwater Union-mate, Calamari Kid. The duo of sea dwelling superheroes introduce themselves to the friendly giant with a loud pop echoing in the background. Despite their act getting arguably stale back in the SWF, the pair were very well received. A suitably funny exchange takes place between the four faces before the feed goes elsewhere. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="lime"]B[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/demonanger.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/demonspite.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][FONT="Arial"][CENTER]Non-Title Tag Team Match [COLOR="Gray"]Alex & Ricky DeColt vs. The Demons Of Rage[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/B]Jason Azaria remarks that although they were the current champions, The Demons Of Rage were not putting their belts up for grabs against the DeColt sons. This hardfought tag team bout that ends with The Demons Of Rage picking up the victory following interference from Dan DaLay and Eddie Chandler. Having played the role of the fall guy, Ricky DeColt is helped to his feet by his brother and the pair pursue the departing Elite members, jumping them in the aisle. The foursome then brawl to the back. [B]Winners: The Demons Of Rage (via pinfall)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] (match) [COLOR="Orange"]C[/COLOR] (brawl aftermath) [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/hotstuffmarie.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/valentine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/blzbubb.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Since Jack DeColt opted not to remain absent from the arena, Hotstuff Marie is forced to endure the overtures of Valentine in a corridor backstage. The Canadian romeo is so preoccupied with trying to whoo Marie, he has no chance to react to the rampaging BLZ Bubb who (enraged by his earlier defeat) snatches the former CGC worker and starts throwing him about the area like a ragdoll. Having dismantled Valentine with remarkable ease, the snarling BLZ Bubb backs Marie against the wall, before leaving the scene and crashing through another set of double doors. Understandably the experience leaves Marie shaking. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/wolfhawkins.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][FONT="Arial"][CENTER]Singles Match (if Wolf Hawkins wins, he receives a National Title shot) [COLOR="Gray"]Tommy Cornell vs. Wolf Hawkins[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/B]This match was a culmination of events from the previous fortnight and unlike many on the show, was one of the few to be revealed prior to the show. Prior to the match, Cornell cut a brief promo running down the hometown in order to give the upcoming contest and immediate injection of heat. With the carrot of an International title shot being dangled in front of him as an incentive, Wolf Hawkins considerably upped his game and at times looked a legitimate threat to adding another loss to Cornell's record. Despite his best efforts however, Hawkins comes unstuck and Cornell makes the youngster tap out to the Guilt Trip. [B]Winner: Tommy Cornell (via submission)[/B] Following the match, Cornell calls for a live microphone and tells Hawkins that although he lost, his courageous performance did indeed warrant a shot at the vacant International title. True to heel form however, Cornell motions to leave the ring with his theme playing, but plants Hawkins with a Rough Ride to remind the other half of Youth Gone Wild of his place in TCW's pecking order. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A[/COLOR] (pre-match) [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A[/COLOR] (match) [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] (aftermath) [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/emmachase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Loosening a couple of her shirt buttons, Emma Chase flirts with Alex DeColt who had been watching Cornell's match via a monitor in the office. She tells him that whilst she was initially hired to assist his father, she had no qualms about "serving" him. DeColt smiles politely and tells her that while that is very reassuring to know, she should curb her enthusiasm until they know for definite that he will be the one inheriting his father's recently acquired share in TCW. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/liberty.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/babiejamie.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Elsewhere backstage, a couple of EMT's are shown running towards Liberty's locker room. [I]"He's in here! Hurry!"[/I] Somehow developing the ability to be in two locations at the same time, the fallen body of Liberty is shown through the open door with Baby Jamie crouching beside him, yelling to the medics. Well one would assume it's Liberty, but infact only the Floridian's lowerbody and unmistakable tiedye tights are visible. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/calamarikid.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jumboshrimp.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/harryallen.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/stevegumble.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/donniep.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jimmyp.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/paulsteadyfast.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/robertoxford.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][FONT="Arial"][CENTER]Fourway Tag Team Match [COLOR="Gray"]The Squid Squad vs. The Young Guns vs. The Fly Boys vs. Steadyfast & Oxford[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/B]In order to put four of TCW's tag combos on display, this filler match was placed in the second half of the show as a change of pace. Whilst the tandems involved weren't given enough time to truly show what they could all do, the match did provide them with a decent platform on which to sell themselves. Once pivotal pieces of the Cruiserweight title scene, Jimmy P and Donnie J made their returns to TCW as The Fly Boys alongside the debuting former SWF Underwater Union members. The Squid Squad scored the win when Jumbo Shrimp covered Donnie J. Post match, The Demons Of Rage hit the ring and laid waste to absolutely everyone. The carnage served to remind the teams involved just which duo head the division as the champions and this display of brute force did exactly that. With bodies lying everywhere, the Calamari Kid was set to receive further punishment until Giant Tana bounded down to the ring. Trying to help his newfound underwater superfriends, Tana battles Demon Anger and Demon Spite until he is overpowered. Having sacrificed himself and spared the Calamari Kid from the same fate, Giant Tana gets driven into the canvas with a huge double powerbomb by The Demons Of Rage. [B]Winners: The Squid Squad (via pinfall)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B-[/COLOR] (match) [COLOR="lime"]B-[/COLOR] (aftermath) [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jasonazaria.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/kylerhodes.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The announcers reveal that Liberty has been declared unfit to compete by the medics and will be replaced in the main event by a yet-to-be-named worker. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/freddiehuggins.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/robbieretro.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Freddie Huggins is in the ring with his All Action championship belt and is running his mouth on the mic about how after defending it recently (and successfully he might add). he won't be putting the gold on the line tonight as a result. He is however looking for an opponent... without further ado Robbie Retro struts to the ring to a theme which could have been ripped straight out of Saturday Night Fever. Double R fires off a few 70's catchphrases and tells his square challenger that he now has an opponent for the night... ring the bell, rube! [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/freddiehuggins.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/robbieretro.jpg[/IMG] [B][FONT="Arial"]Non-Title Singles Match [COLOR="Gray"]Freddie Huggins vs. Robbie Retro[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]Decent five minute contest in which Retro wins via DQ when Huggins gets frustrated and blasts the former SWF worker with his title belt. [B]Winner: Robbie Retro (via DQ)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydalejohnson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] RDJ is shown in the midst some shadow boxing and stops to cut a promo about his upcoming title defense, claiming that no matter who replaces Liberty as his opponent, the World Heavyweight gold will remain around his waist. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/eddiechandler.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/akgarcia.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Backstage the Elite are shown throwing their weight around by bullying unfortunate members of lowly ringcrew. Nothing more than a couple of minutes to get across the heel dynamic of the group. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/stevedecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/cliffwilson.jpg[/IMG] [B][FONT="Arial"]Singles Match [COLOR="Gray"]Steve DeColt vs. Cliff Wilson[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]This match could easily have headlined a PPV had it been held north of the border. Instead, TCW had this clinic of a contest for offer on free televion. The match itself ended in curious fashion where after about eight minutes of even competition, Wilson simply walks out and gives DeColt a victory via count out. The expression on DeColt's face confirmed that the outcome is not to his satisfaction. [B]Winner: Steve DeColt (via countout)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/emmachase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] On the opposite side of the office door, Tommy Cornell can be heard in conversation with someone else over the telephone. The exact content isn't audible outside of the four walls, but Emma Chase discovers a way to eavesdrop and carefully picks up the call on a nearby phone after reconfiguring the extension. [I]"George DeColt has sold his share in TCW to [B]WHO!?[/B]"[/I] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/steviegrayson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/wolfhawkins.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Slapping the exhausted Wolf Hawkins on the back, Stevie Grayson congratulates his partner on getting a title shot, but jokingly reminds him not to forget about his partner and Youth Gone Wild. After all, the buzz backstage was that the front office were in search of a team to face The Demons Of Rage at Destructive Energy and for the tag gold no less. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydalejohnson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/ghengisrahn.jpg[/IMG] [B][FONT="Arial"]World Heavyweight Title (no DQ) Match [COLOR="Gray"]Ricky Dale Johnson vs. Genghis Rahn[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]Ricky Dale Johnson makes his entrance as the announcers reveal that this match will be fought under no disqualifications. Favouring such a lawless environment, Genghis Rahn is unvieled as RDJ's challanger and heads to the ring with a selection of weapons in hand. As with many of Rahn's classic matches, the bout soon deviated from the squared circle and poured into the stands on numerous occasions. With the aid of the uppersection of the steel ringsteps, RDJ eventually sealed a blood-stained win to retain his title. Unbeknownst to the champion however, his win had been assisted by an unlikely ally in Tommy Cornell who blasted Rahn with a singapore cane as he leaned out of the ring to retrieve the aforementioned weapon. [B]Winner: Ricky Dale Johnson (via pinfall)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydalejohnson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/petervalentine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/eddiechandler.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/stevedecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydecolt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Following the match, Cornell grabs the title from the timekeepers table and takes it into the ring where he uses it to clock RDJ. Grabbing a mic, Cornell stands over the downed champion and announces himself as the man RDJ will face at Destructive Energy for the gold. [I]"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Can it Cornell..."[/I] Cornell's announcement brings out Peter Valentine, who also has a microphone on his person. His interuption however, raises the ire of Cornell. [I]"Why should you be the one who receives a title match? Tonight I bulldozed my way through BLZ Bubb, one of the biggest men in this company and you... well, you couldn't even beat Liberty..."[/I] The crowd react with one of those "one no he didn't" style noises, but Valentine is unable to get any further goading remarks out as the former bodybuilder is jumped from behind by Dan DaLay and Eddie Chandler. Much to Cornell's amusement, The Elite members throw Valentine into the barricade and are stomping a mudhole into him until Cornell encourages them to bring Valentine to the ring. From there, a few projectiles are thrown from the ornate mock-Victorian balconies as the trio of heels take turns in beating down Valentine. That is until the DeColts sprint down to the ring and join the previously exclusive party. The faecal matter hits the fan and Alex, Steve and Ricky eventually clean house, sending DaLay and Chandler packing with clotheslines out of opposite sides of the ring. With the crowd now in a frenzy, the DeColt sons are left in the ring with Tommy Cornell who protests that he's "not involved" and goes to exit the ring... only to turn straight into the now recovered RDJ. Rough Justice meets Southern Justice as Johnson drops the TCW cornerstone with his finisher, leaving the show to close with the memorable visual of the DeColts and RDJ standing tall as well as assisting the groggy Peter Valentine to his feet. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A[/COLOR] (Cornell/Valentine) [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A*[/COLOR] (show closing brawl) [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][FONT="Arial"][B][SIZE="4"][I]Overall Show Rating:[/I] [/SIZE] [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="4"]B+[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/FONT][/CENTER] [QUOTE]Considering much of the Canadian Golden Combat talent were significantly less-over on this side of the border, this show set out to illustrate the strengths of CGC's key players as well as set down a marker for the continuing feud between the Elite and the DeColts. In order to do that, it was important to mix them with TCW's higher ranked workers in the hope that they could leech off of their overness... in a positive way of course. In segments featuring mainly CGC-based talent, the ratings muddled in the C to low B range, so it's down to be creative to utilise what talents they do have. With an attendance of 5000 and a relatively strong showing in the ratings, I'll be looking to continue with this momentum next week, with a few new faces still to be revealed as well as a replacement for George DeColt. At the moment the roster still lacks some depth, so expect a recruitment drive between now and next tuesday.[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tcwtw2.jpg[/IMG] [B]TCW Presents Total Wrestling LIVE From The Lowe Ballroom - September Week 1[/B] This is where it all begins... [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jasonazaria.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/kylerhodes.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Blue and white sparks cascade over the entranceway as the show starts with a barrage of fireworks. As the smoke clears, the interior of the Lowe Ballroom is revealed. The mock-Victorian balconies that line the main arena provide a historical touch of class to the event, making this the perfect venue to stage the ressurgance of Total Championship Wrestling. The TCW announce team of Jason Azaria and Kyle Rhodes welcome the likes of joe public to the show, then highlight the impressive superstar contingent currently mounted around the apron of the ring. It seems that nearly all of the new look Total Championship Wrestling roster surround the ring and the alternate camera angles indeed reveal some familiar as well as more unfamiliar faces collected around the squared circle. For the TCW regulars in the crowd, the absence of former stalwarts such as The Nation Of Filth, Madman Boone and more notably Charlie Thatcher seemed the most apparent, while the Darkness Warriors also no longer made up the ranks. In the void left by the aforementioned workers, the likes of Jumbo Shrimp, the Calamari Kid, two of the DeColt brothers, the returning Jimmy P and others occupied the limited area around the ring. With some form of company address clearly on the agenda, the TCW owner, "Rough Justice" Tommy Cornell makes his way out in his wrestling attire plus the latest black Cornell vest available at the concession stands dotted around the Lowe Ballroom. Waiting on the stage with a mic in hand, Cornell soaks up the crowd's depising roar, before speaking. [I]"Last week I promised you people an earth-shattering announcement regarding Total Championship Wrestling. It was one of the few times when I'd bother to pander to you pitiful excuses of humanity that stretch from the front row to the nosebleed section, but believe me I'm not doing this for any of you!"[/I] Cornell continued along that path of derision for a little longer before moving on to state that there has been a change of the guard at the top of TCW or more specifically, an addition to the hierarchy. [I]"Ladies and gentlemen, I give to you... ALEX DECOLT!"[/I] Since the patriarch of the DeColt family had sold his soul to Richard Eisen, his second youngest son emerged to a decent reception from the fans. It didn't match the adulation he'd expect to receive back across the border, but it was satisfactory. As tradition would dictate, Alex DeColt shines on the microphone and informs the fans of exciting times with his family at the helm and a new era in TCW which begins right here in... yep, the old hometown pop routine. Cornell threw in a few more plot details, but it was the Canadian superstar who had given the crowd a sense of importance for attending such a moment and promised them they were instore for a barnstormer of a show before returning to the back. The opening segment seemed successful and served to briefly highlight a few of the new faces that would all become more involved in proceedings later on. [FONT="Arial"][B]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] (for intro with Cornell) - [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR] (DeColt speech) [/B][/FONT] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/blzbubb.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] BLZ Bubb is shown stalking the backstage area, intimidating those nearby and giving the announcers the perfect opportunity to inform us that he's competing against Peter Valentine... next! [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/emmachase.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Following a brief commercial break, Alex DeColt is shown passing a couple of workers backstage on his way back to his father's designated office. Upon opening the door, he finds the appealing form of a young woman sitting on the edge of the desk, legs crossed and expecting the CGC mainstay's arrival. Decked in a suit and skirt combo with a pair of slimline glasses to complete the professional look, the women approaches DeColt who certainly doesn't give the impression that he expected her to be there. The fans didn't either, but the live crowd quickly picked up on the Emma Chase's true identity and booed. After all, she is well known in the states for her work throughout several promotions including the likes of DAVE and most recently UPSW. This just proved conclusively that the fans priliminarily considered her a heel. [I]"Didn't Mr Cornell tell you, sir? I'm your new personal assis... well, I was orignally hired to be your father's personal assistant. My name is Emma Chase. Here..."[/I] DeColt was in the middle of saying "but I really don't need a personal assistant" until Chase guided him to his chair and engaged a shoulder massage. Suddenly his need for a personal assistant seemed much more apparent. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR][/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/petervalentine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/blzbubb.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [FONT="Arial"][B][CENTER]Opening Singles Match [COLOR="Gray"]Peter Valentine vs. BLZ Bubb[/COLOR][/CENTER][/B][/FONT]Given the considerable amount of new talent that needed to be eased into tonight's show, it made sense to give the fans something relatively familiar for the first match offering of the night. Unsurprisingly, Sam Strong was literally salivating when he booked this battle of the hosses and the fans in the Lowe Ballroom seemed pumped up for it as well. It should also be noted that this match also marked Baby Jamie's first appearance in TCW since switching from USPW as he was the designated official incharge of the contest. As you'd expect, selling was limited from both sides and the bout got about as technical as your average barfight. Nevertheless, the smash-mouth encounter ended with Peter Valentine defeating BLZ Bubb cleanly, courtesy of a Heartbreaker followed by the pinfall. [B]Winner: Peter Valentine (via pinfall)[/B] Never underestimate the power of a hot opener. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/akgarcia.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/eddiechandler.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The camera travels backstage where Ricky DeColt is passing on a few instructions to an unimportant member of the backstage staff when Dan DaLay appears with A.K. Garcia and Eddie Chandler in tow. Making no mention of the absent John Maverick (currently tied down with CGC), DaLay reminds DeColt that just because they've crossed borders, he and his remaining stablemates are still sworn enemies of Ricky and his siblings. In fact, thanks to George DeColt's decision to transfer them all to the states, the Elite are even more determined to bring down the legendary Canadian family and anyone else who stands between them and domination of their new surroundings. Having surrounded the youngest of the DeColts in an intimidating fashion, the Elite members drop back as Alex and Steve DeColt enter the fray. The Elite however can't leave without DaLay getting in a parting verbal shot, vowing to run the DeColts out of TCW... just like they did with their gutless father. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="lime"]B+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/donniep.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jimmyp.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Following a brief hype video that highlights the history of CGC as well as some of the more memorable moments in the promotion's past, we return to the live feed and more specifically The Fly Boys. Shown chilling out in their locker room, Donnie J and Jimmy P briefly chat about making their TCW returns and mention a four team contest that they're due to compete in later on. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/barrykingman.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][FONT="Arial"][CENTER]Singles Match [COLOR="Gray"]Dan DaLay vs. Barry Kingman[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/B]When we return to the main bowl of the Lowe Ballroom, Barry Kingman is already in the ring. The son of "Crippler" Ray Kingman was recommended to TCW by Steve DeColt and having finally given the former 4C World Champion his big break in a major promotion, it should come as little surprise that his role in the first match of the night to involving talent secured from CGC, is that of a jobber. What follows is essentially a squash match with Kingman selling like a pro to make the most of DaLay's limited offence on the first step to establishing the Elite leader as a significant force in TCW. One DaLay Down later at the two and a half minute mark and that was all she wrote... [B]Winner: Dan DaLay (via pinfall)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/barrykingman.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/petervalentine.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] ...or not quite. Having won the match whilst barely breaking into a sweat, DaLay decides to dish out a post match beating to reaffirm his dominance. With Eddie Chandler directing traffic, DaLay delivers his finisher for a second time before peeling Kingman's limp frame off of the mat for a third DaLay Down until Peter Valentine appears on the stage. Walking to the ring in a slow, but menacing fashion, Valentine hops onto the apron and in turn causes DaLay and his cohort to bid a tactical retreat as they stick to opposite sides of the ring, before regrouping in the aisle. Understandably DaLay tries to pass the incident off as not wanting to trouble himself with the likes of TCW's former bodybuilder, but he isn't fooling anyone. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B-[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/stevedecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/youngleo.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/cliffwilson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Backstage Steve DeColt is talking about nothing in particular with Young Leo (as an excuse to get another new face on camera). He turns away from the conversation and turns straight into Cliff Wilson. For those fans north of the border, this moment is a potential dream combination and the fans in attendance at least have some knowledge of the significance of the pair's paths crossing, popping reasonably. Not using his Dark Angel moniker, Wilson talks about being signed by TCW and how when they were up in Canada working at rival promotions (CGC and NOTBPW respectively), he'd always wanted to face DeColt. The two agree to face off later in the show. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="lime"]B[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tana.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/calamarikid.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jumboshrimp.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [I]"Mmmmm... Tana loves seafood!"[/I] The Giant Tana is currently ploughing through one of the complimentary buffets in a rudamentory catering area, stuffing his face with an assortment of foodstuffs when his eyes suddenly grow wide. On the opposite side of the room is the biggest shrimp Tana has ever seen in his life, but upon further inspection he discovers that this is no ordinary shrimp. This is in fact the former SWF worker, Jumbo Shrimp and his fellow Underwater Union-mate, Calamari Kid. The duo of sea dwelling superheroes introduce themselves to the friendly giant with a loud pop echoing in the background. Despite their act getting arguably stale back in the SWF, the pair were very well received. A suitably funny exchange takes place between the four faces before the feed goes elsewhere. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="lime"]B[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/demonanger.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/demonspite.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][FONT="Arial"][CENTER]Non-Title Tag Team Match [COLOR="Gray"]Alex & Ricky DeColt vs. The Demons Of Rage[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/B]Jason Azaria remarks that although they were the current champions, The Demons Of Rage were not putting their belts up for grabs against the DeColt sons. This hardfought tag team bout that ends with The Demons Of Rage picking up the victory following interference from Dan DaLay and Eddie Chandler. Having played the role of the fall guy, Ricky DeColt is helped to his feet by his brother and the pair pursue the departing Elite members, jumping them in the aisle. The foursome then brawl to the back. [B]Winners: The Demons Of Rage (via pinfall)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] (match) [COLOR="Orange"]C[/COLOR] (brawl aftermath) [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/hotstuffmarie.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/valentine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/blzbubb.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Since Jack DeColt opted not to remain absent from the arena, Hotstuff Marie is forced to endure the overtures of Valentine in a corridor backstage. The Canadian romeo is so preoccupied with trying to whoo Marie, he has no chance to react to the rampaging BLZ Bubb who (enraged by his earlier defeat) snatches the former CGC worker and starts throwing him about the area like a ragdoll. Having dismantled Valentine with remarkable ease, the snarling BLZ Bubb backs Marie against the wall, before leaving the scene and crashing through another set of double doors. Understandably the experience leaves Marie shaking. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/wolfhawkins.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][FONT="Arial"][CENTER]Singles Match (if Wolf Hawkins wins, he receives a National Title shot) [COLOR="Gray"]Tommy Cornell vs. Wolf Hawkins[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/B]This match was a culmination of events from the previous fortnight and unlike many on the show, was one of the few to be revealed prior to the show. Prior to the match, Cornell cut a brief promo running down the hometown in order to give the upcoming contest and immediate injection of heat. With the carrot of an International title shot being dangled in front of him as an incentive, Wolf Hawkins considerably upped his game and at times looked a legitimate threat to adding another loss to Cornell's record. Despite his best efforts however, Hawkins comes unstuck and Cornell makes the youngster tap out to the Guilt Trip. [B]Winner: Tommy Cornell (via submission)[/B] Following the match, Cornell calls for a live microphone and tells Hawkins that although he lost, his courageous performance did indeed warrant a shot at the vacant International title. True to heel form however, Cornell motions to leave the ring with his theme playing, but plants Hawkins with a Rough Ride to remind the other half of Youth Gone Wild of his place in TCW's pecking order. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A[/COLOR] (pre-match) [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A[/COLOR] (match) [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] (aftermath) [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/emmachase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Loosening a couple of her shirt buttons, Emma Chase flirts with Alex DeColt who had been watching Cornell's match via a monitor in the office. She tells him that whilst she was initially hired to assist his father, she had no qualms about "serving" him. DeColt smiles politely and tells her that while that is very reassuring to know, she should curb her enthusiasm until they know for definite that he will be the one inheriting his father's recently acquired share in TCW. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/liberty.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/babiejamie.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Elsewhere backstage, a couple of EMT's are shown running towards Liberty's locker room. [I]"He's in here! Hurry!"[/I] Somehow developing the ability to be in two locations at the same time, the fallen body of Liberty is shown through the open door with Baby Jamie crouching beside him, yelling to the medics. Well one would assume it's Liberty, but infact only the Floridian's lowerbody and unmistakable tiedye tights are visible. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/calamarikid.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jumboshrimp.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/harryallen.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/stevegumble.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/donniep.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jimmyp.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/paulsteadyfast.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/robertoxford.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [B][FONT="Arial"][CENTER]Fourway Tag Team Match [COLOR="Gray"]The Squid Squad vs. The Young Guns vs. The Fly Boys vs. Steadyfast & Oxford[/COLOR][/CENTER][/FONT][/B]In order to put four of TCW's tag combos on display, this filler match was placed in the second half of the show as a change of pace. Whilst the tandems involved weren't given enough time to truly show what they could all do, the match did provide them with a decent platform on which to sell themselves. Once pivotal pieces of the Cruiserweight title scene, Jimmy P and Donnie J made their returns to TCW as The Fly Boys alongside the debuting former SWF Underwater Union members. The Squid Squad scored the win when Jumbo Shrimp covered Donnie J. Post match, The Demons Of Rage hit the ring and laid waste to absolutely everyone. The carnage served to remind the teams involved just which duo head the division as the champions and this display of brute force did exactly that. With bodies lying everywhere, the Calamari Kid was set to receive further punishment until Giant Tana bounded down to the ring. Trying to help his newfound underwater superfriends, Tana battles Demon Anger and Demon Spite until he is overpowered. Having sacrificed himself and spared the Calamari Kid from the same fate, Giant Tana gets driven into the canvas with a huge double powerbomb by The Demons Of Rage. [B]Winners: The Squid Squad (via pinfall)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B-[/COLOR] (match) [COLOR="lime"]B-[/COLOR] (aftermath) [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/jasonazaria.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/kylerhodes.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The announcers reveal that Liberty has been declared unfit to compete by the medics and will be replaced in the main event by a yet-to-be-named worker. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/freddiehuggins.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/robbieretro.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] Freddie Huggins is in the ring with his All Action championship belt and is running his mouth on the mic about how after defending it recently (and successfully he might add). he won't be putting the gold on the line tonight as a result. He is however looking for an opponent... without further ado Robbie Retro struts to the ring to a theme which could have been ripped straight out of Saturday Night Fever. Double R fires off a few 70's catchphrases and tells his square challenger that he now has an opponent for the night... ring the bell, rube! [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/freddiehuggins.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/robbieretro.jpg[/IMG] [B][FONT="Arial"]Non-Title Singles Match [COLOR="Gray"]Freddie Huggins vs. Robbie Retro[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]Decent five minute contest in which Retro wins via DQ when Huggins gets frustrated and blasts the former SWF worker with his title belt. [B]Winner: Robbie Retro (via DQ)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydalejohnson.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] RDJ is shown in the midst some shadow boxing and stops to cut a promo about his upcoming title defense, claiming that no matter who replaces Liberty as his opponent, the World Heavyweight gold will remain around his waist. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/eddiechandler.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/akgarcia.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Backstage the Elite are shown throwing their weight around by bullying unfortunate members of lowly ringcrew. Nothing more than a couple of minutes to get across the heel dynamic of the group. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Orange"]C+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/stevedecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/cliffwilson.jpg[/IMG] [B][FONT="Arial"]Singles Match [COLOR="Gray"]Steve DeColt vs. Cliff Wilson[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]This match could easily have headlined a PPV had it been held north of the border. Instead, TCW had this clinic of a contest for offer on free televion. The match itself ended in curious fashion where after about eight minutes of even competition, Wilson simply walks out and gives DeColt a victory via count out. The expression on DeColt's face confirmed that the outcome is not to his satisfaction. [B]Winner: Steve DeColt (via countout)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B+[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/emmachase.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] On the opposite side of the office door, Tommy Cornell can be heard in conversation with someone else over the telephone. The exact content isn't audible outside of the four walls, but Emma Chase discovers a way to eavesdrop and carefully picks up the call on a nearby phone after reconfiguring the extension. [I]"George DeColt has sold his share in TCW to [B]WHO!?[/B]"[/I] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]A[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/steviegrayson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/wolfhawkins.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Slapping the exhausted Wolf Hawkins on the back, Stevie Grayson congratulates his partner on getting a title shot, but jokingly reminds him not to forget about his partner and Youth Gone Wild. After all, the buzz backstage was that the front office were in search of a team to face The Demons Of Rage at Destructive Energy and for the tag gold no less. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="Lime"]B[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydalejohnson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/ghengisrahn.jpg[/IMG] [B][FONT="Arial"]World Heavyweight Title (no DQ) Match [COLOR="Gray"]Ricky Dale Johnson vs. Genghis Rahn[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]Ricky Dale Johnson makes his entrance as the announcers reveal that this match will be fought under no disqualifications. Favouring such a lawless environment, Genghis Rahn is unvieled as RDJ's challanger and heads to the ring with a selection of weapons in hand. As with many of Rahn's classic matches, the bout soon deviated from the squared circle and poured into the stands on numerous occasions. With the aid of the uppersection of the steel ringsteps, RDJ eventually sealed a blood-stained win to retain his title. Unbeknownst to the champion however, his win had been assisted by an unlikely ally in Tommy Cornell who blasted Rahn with a singapore cane as he leaned out of the ring to retrieve the aforementioned weapon. [B]Winner: Ricky Dale Johnson (via pinfall)[/B] [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A[/COLOR] [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/tommycornell.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydalejohnson.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/petervalentine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/dandalay.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/eddiechandler.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/alexdecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/stevedecolt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j178/sebsplex/TEW%20Diary/rickydecolt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Following the match, Cornell grabs the title from the timekeepers table and takes it into the ring where he uses it to clock RDJ. Grabbing a mic, Cornell stands over the downed champion and announces himself as the man RDJ will face at Destructive Energy for the gold. [I]"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Can it Cornell..."[/I] Cornell's announcement brings out Peter Valentine, who also has a microphone on his person. His interuption however, raises the ire of Cornell. [I]"Why should you be the one who receives a title match? Tonight I bulldozed my way through BLZ Bubb, one of the biggest men in this company and you... well, you couldn't even beat Liberty..."[/I] The crowd react with one of those "one no he didn't" style noises, but Valentine is unable to get any further goading remarks out as the former bodybuilder is jumped from behind by Dan DaLay and Eddie Chandler. Much to Cornell's amusement, The Elite members throw Valentine into the barricade and are stomping a mudhole into him until Cornell encourages them to bring Valentine to the ring. From there, a few projectiles are thrown from the ornate mock-Victorian balconies as the trio of heels take turns in beating down Valentine. That is until the DeColts sprint down to the ring and join the previously exclusive party. The faecal matter hits the fan and Alex, Steve and Ricky eventually clean house, sending DaLay and Chandler packing with clotheslines out of opposite sides of the ring. With the crowd now in a frenzy, the DeColt sons are left in the ring with Tommy Cornell who protests that he's "not involved" and goes to exit the ring... only to turn straight into the now recovered RDJ. Rough Justice meets Southern Justice as Johnson drops the TCW cornerstone with his finisher, leaving the show to close with the memorable visual of the DeColts and RDJ standing tall as well as assisting the groggy Peter Valentine to his feet. [B][FONT="Arial"]RATING: [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A[/COLOR] (Cornell/Valentine) [COLOR="deepskyblue"]A*[/COLOR] (show closing brawl) [/FONT][/B] [CENTER][FONT="Arial"][B][SIZE="4"][I]Overall Show Rating:[/I] [/SIZE] [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="4"]B+[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/FONT][/CENTER] [QUOTE]Considering much of the Canadian Golden Combat talent were significantly less-over on this side of the border, this show set out to illustrate the strengths of CGC's key players as well as set down a marker for the continuing feud between the Elite and the DeColts. In order to do that, it was important to mix them with TCW's higher ranked workers in the hope that they could leech off of their overness... in a positive way of course. In segments featuring mainly CGC-based talent, the ratings muddled in the C to low B range, so it's down to be creative to utilise what talents they do have. With an attendance of 5000 and a relatively strong showing in the ratings, I'll be looking to continue with this momentum next week, with a few new faces still to be revealed as well as a replacement for George DeColt. At the moment the roster still lacks some depth, so expect a recruitment drive between now and next tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Booking: I enjoyed the booking as it seemed to establish the new workers in TCW. I like how there wasn't a conclusion to the Cliff Wilson/Decolt match. I also enjoyed the Easy Emma segments. Write Up: The writing was very good. It all flowed together. Only thing I would say is look over your write up for spelling mistakes and such. "UPSW," and some other minor things. The mistakes were hardly noticeable. Storylines: I love the fact that Emma seems like a kiss ass. I also am enjoying the Decolts vs Elite feud already. Cornell giving himself a title shot was good and the Tana/Underwater Union segment was kinda funny. I already like the build up for the PPV and I think it will end up being a good one.

Booking: I enjoyed the booking as it seemed to establish the new workers in TCW. I like how there wasn't a conclusion to the Cliff Wilson/Decolt match. I also enjoyed the Easy Emma segments. Write Up: The writing was very good. It all flowed together. Only thing I would say is look over your write up for spelling mistakes and such. "UPSW," and some other minor things. The mistakes were hardly noticeable. Storylines: I love the fact that Emma seems like a kiss ass. I also am enjoying the Decolts vs Elite feud already. Cornell giving himself a title shot was good and the Tana/Underwater Union segment was kinda funny. I already like the build up for the PPV and I think it will end up being a good one.

Archived