Fatigue System Questions/Discussion

*rubbing hands together* I love this, this will add a new dimension to the game. No more putting a worker in 10 matches in the dark segment to get his skills up quicker! That'll teach the exploiters a lesson! Will fatigue change if a worker works a house show?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not a big fan of it to be honest with you. What if i had a long term World Champion ?. Would he be able to even work for more than 3 months without getting some sort of e-mail telling me he needs to take time off ?. What im saying is, i think my judgement on the whole thing depends on how steep the change is per day. I mean, if it is going to be anything near realistic, only matches that last over 40 minutes should have a big effect on a person.

im not sure i really agree with you there maxi, i think all matches take there toll, and a 30 minute technical battle would probably be less taxing than a 10 minute spot fest. And if a worker is pulling on his tights every night i think injury is inevitable. Sure it could be annoying if your champ gets injured. But tbh i love key injuries they force you to be creative.

All I know is it better not be anywhere near as severe as in Smackdown versus Raw 2006. If it is, I won't even touch this game, as that was the absolute worst (and more unrealistic) part of the game. Fatigue should happen slowly, not quickly. I think just about any decently skilled worker should at least be able to wrestle once a week without building up any real fatigue.

I think Maxi that you could have a long term champion you just can't have him do iron man matches every show. Instead, you might have to put squash matches, no-matches/angles, or tag matches. Also, on that note how does fatigue do in concern to tag matches? I mean if I put a guy in tag matches for several shows so he will rest a bit will he rest?

[QUOTE=jagilki;143786]A few posts ago I said I was a big fan... still am, but I just thought of a two quick questions. 1) Will fatigue affect morale? 2) If a worker works for two other feds, and they use him extensivly, won't that suck for you?[/QUOTE] 2) yep! exclusive PPA contract's ftw!

[QUOTE=Anubis;143780]All I know is it better not be anywhere near as severe as in Smackdown versus Raw 2006. If it is, I won't even touch this game, as that was the absolute worst (and more unrealistic) part of the game. Fatigue should happen slowly, not quickly. I think just about any decently skilled worker should at least be able to wrestle once a week without building up any real fatigue.[/QUOTE] That's EXACTLY what i mean. If this whole thing is handled wrong then simply put, it will ruin the fun of the game almost entirely. It shouldn't make barely any difference when you put someone in a 10 minute match becuase otherwise it will just become annoying.

i agree the penaltys for shorter matches should be lower (although its already been stated that this is the case) but to suggest there would be no fatigue penalty for a 10 minute match is not really realisitc. I would imagine being thrown around a ring - even if it is for just 10 minutes takes its toll. Of course there are a few peeps on here who have wrestled so perhaps there input would be valuable. But i would agree with you to an extent maxi, i do think if the fatigue section is handled ala smackdown vs raw it will be a hinderence to the gameplay.

It will add a new dimension to the game, but I'm pretty sure it'll take away some of the fun from the game. I know it's realistic, but still if I have a worker who works for another 2 promotions bigger than say mine, both of whom are running 2 shows a week, I'm not going to be able to use a worker because he's either 1) working for another promotion that night or 2) he's too tired because he's just wrestled 4 matches in 5 days or whatever. I'm not looking forward to this feature at all. I'd take fun over realism anyday.

Not sure about this one. Whilst I agree it will make the game more challenging, which is good, and I always thought the previous injury system was flawed, I worry that it might be overdone and we'll end up with constant commments and injuries (Maybe that's realistic?). Will this be tied into characteristics of certain wrestlers. For instance Kurt Angle, despite obvious fatigue and injury continued to perform against the advisement of doctors etc!

Well, that was an unexpectedly negative reaction. :confused: I'm not quite sure why people's first reaction is that it'll be a badly done feature that'll ruin the game. I don't think I have a track record for doing that, and that's also why we have a testing team, to make sure that the feature works without hurting the game. I mean, comments like "I think just about any decently skilled worker should at least be able to wrestle once a week without building up any real fatigue." just leave me speechless - why on earth would I put in a feature that wouldn't allow anyone to wrestle more than once a week? Did a memo go out that I've suddenly become retarded and can't write games any more? Of course I'm not going to write a feature like that, it'd be stupid.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;143800]Well, that was an unexpectedly negative reaction. :confused: I'm not quite sure why people's first reaction is that it'll be a badly done feature that'll ruin the game. I don't think I have a track record for doing that, and that's also why we have a testing team, to make sure that the feature works without hurting the game. I mean, comments like "I think just about any decently skilled worker should at least be able to wrestle once a week without building up any real fatigue." just leave me speechless - why on earth would I put in a feature that wouldn't allow anyone to wrestle more than once a week? Did a memo go out that I've suddenly become retarded and can't write games any more? Of course I'm not going to write a feature like that, it'd be stupid.[/QUOTE] No need to worry I do have faith in your abilities. I can just recall one of the EWR games where Flair, Angle and HHH were always moaning about being exhausted and it annoyed me because I'm sure they wouldn't complain that much in real life! That being said you have my complete confidence, and just for your own peace of mind. Best. Feature. Ever!

i hope you dont think that because i said the the SDvsRAW fatigue system was naff that i was insinuating the version in this game would be. I just think that having fatigue go up too quickly is a potential pitfall although its something that im sure will be set to an appropriate level once testing is underway!

This feature will rock, I dont say much, but Adam, I will throw my support in here, have no doubts that whatever you add in to the game will be awesome Does this affect builiding at Stamina at all, or is this not related at all I use to have for EG, Danny Patterson in 4 5miuntes a night sometimes ( yess silly Iknow) but he couldnt last a 12 minutes match without having to be bedridden for a month

Archived