AkkiWrestle

So, with school starting from me, I've decided to do something for the TEW Community. I'm making a fantasy mod. Why did I mention school? Because I have at least an hour a day there with nothing to do but think of ideas for the mod. I've already started doing it, so I'll tell you some of what you can expect in the final version (and I'll be adding to that list) as well as progress updates. What You Can Expect: Promotions: 4 Global Promotions (2 US, 1 Canada, 1 Japan) At least 3 International Promotions Every one of the above will have at least one child promotion Plenty of smaller promotions all over the world including: 3-5 Warring Promotions all based on the US East Coast At least 2 European promotions At least one national promotion everywhere except Europe Many more promotions, with at least one of each style Titles for each promotion A bunch of new promotions Different pacts making for interesting combinations and realtions Workers: A large number of wrestlers (dunno how many yet) which fit the promotions, as well as quite a few free agents History for a lot of them, including some deceased ones Full relationships, teams, stables Media: I'll try to have almost all possible TV and PPV network combinations (I'll probably need some help for a sense of realism), with TV shows and PPVs for the big promotions Locations: Basically I'll again try for almost all combinations, and again I'll probably need help Any quesitons on that? Here's the progress report: 8 Promotions Done (all without popularity, which will be added later, but I know what size they will be) Deutchland Power Wrestling Extreme World Wrestling Global Wrestling Federation Royal Crown Wrestling Federation Southwest Wrestling Association Super Pro Fighting Total Japan Wrestling World Super Wrestling Brief histories and stats of the promotions will be in the next post, which will be updated as I add more.

Here are the promotion stats and histories. [b]Deutchland Power Wrestling (DPW)[/b] Founded: 2003 Location: Western Europe Style: Hardcore Prestige: 5 Money: 50000 Size: Local History: Founded only 3 years ago, it was a result of the popularity of Super Pro Fighting (see belows). Although it hasn't gained as much popularity, that may be the results of using a quite different style, though it still appeals to many of the fans of SPF, at least those who know about it. It is expected to grow quickly, and may even surpass SPF in popularity, although that is mostly wishful thinking. [b]Extreme World Wrestling (XWW)[/b] [IMG]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1313/xwwzq8.jpg[/IMG] Founded: 1999 Location: Tri-State Style: Garbage Prestige: 10 Money: 75000 Size: Small History: Based in New York, they offer a super-violent style, and are the third of the 5 East Coast War promotions to be founded. [b]Global Wrestling Federation (GWF)[/b] [IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8421/gwffu3.jpg[/IMG] Founded: 1963 Location: Mid-West USA Style: Sports Entertainment Prestige: 95 Money: 75000000 Size: Global History: In 1954, two promotions the American Wrestling Federation and the United States Wrestling Federation were founded, the AWF in Seattle and the USWF in New York. A year later, they started the first true wrestling war, which spanned 8 years. When it was finally ended, it was a landmark event, as AWF Champion American Beast defeated USWF Champion Steve Rainer on live USWF TV, then lost the AWF Title the next day on live AWF TV to Rainer. This was the most publicized move in wrestling history at the time, and made the newly-formed Fifty States Wrestling Federation the biggest promotion in the US, and by comparison to all others, the biggest in the world. It spent multiple periods being heaquarted in Seattle and New York. They started to fall in popularity in the late 80s until being bought in 1990 by Global Sports Megacorp Inc. Its name was changed to the Global Wrestling Federation, and they used their newfound resources to live up to the name, holding shows all around the world and getting a global fanbase. Their HQ is now in Chicago. [b]Royal Crown Wrestling Federation (RCWF)[/b] Founded: 1977 Location: North UK Style: Traditional Prestige: 65 Money: 2000000 Size: National History: Founded by Murakami Mochiyori, the nephew of Kagae Toshiharu (see Total Japan Wrestling), it was the first wrestling promotion outside of the US and North America(which includes Mexico). Murakami went all over the world to get ideas, and this promotion reflects that, with a blend of Puroresu Strong Style, Lucha Libre, American Entertainment, and Catch wrestling (based on carnival wrestling in Britain). It's amazingly popular in the UK, but virtually unknown anywhere else. [b]Southwest Wrestling Association (SWA)[/b] Founded: 1979 Location: South West USA Style: Cutting Edge Prestige: 45 Money: 600000 Size: Regional or Cult (Haven't decided yet) History: It was founded as the SWA in 1979 and immediately gained huged popularity under the ownership of Alex Cooperson and the booking skill of Andy Rodriguez. It quickly became the main rival of the FSWF and was renamed the National Wrestling Association, even gaining a lot of popularity in Mexico. When Cooperson and Rodriguez were tragically killed in a car accident in 1986, Cooperson's son Roger inherited the promotion. He put his best friend Randy Richards in the head booker position, and the promotion went downhill from there. It has fallen so much that they can't really afford to run outside of the Southwest US, and went back to being the Southwest Wrestling Association. [B]Super Pro Fighting (SPF)[/B] Founded: 1998 Location: Eastern Europe Style: Hybrid Prestige: 20 Money: 170000 Size: Cult History: This was originally founded as an MMA promotion in Russia, and gained a tiny bit of popularity. About a year after its inception, a new Russian law outlawed Mixed Martial Arts, and it was forced to change to a work-shoot style. That was actually a bonus, as people who had watched wrestling from a distance in Russia now had something of their own. [B]Total Japan Wrestling (TJW)[/B] Founded: 1971 Location: Honshu Japan Style: Pure Prestige: 80 Money: 3500000 Size: National History: The first promotion in Japan, it was founded by Sano Yo****aka, Kagae Toshiharu, and Ikeda Sanenori, three Japanese men who had become popular wrestlers in the US. They decided to take the sport to Japan, with financial backing from two small-time US promoters, Brian Masterson and Timothy Robinson. Lacking competition, they flourished and made all five men, as well as most who chose to wrestle there very rich. Of the five, only Sano Yo****aka and Brian Masterson are still alive. The promotion has faced stiff competition lately from WSW, but have managed to keep their foothold in Japan, holding shows there more often than WSW, who have branched out into other areas of the world. [B]World Super Wrestling (WSW)[/B] Founded: 1991 Location: Hokkaido Japan Style: Cutting Edge Prestige: 85 Money: 40000000 Size: Global History: After the only minimal sucess or complete faliure of promotions started in Japan for 20 years since the founding of TJW, many of the promoters of those promotions that failed started World Super Wrestling, which actually rivaled TJW for 6 years until it succesfully branched out into Mexico, and started making large money there, surpassing TJW in popularity. It has since then run shows in the UK and Europe sucessfully, and has TV deals in those areas. The only markets it hasn't sucessfully penetrated are the US and Canada. After running a tour of the US, it drew very low attendances and its TV show only lasted one season in the US after the low ratings it achieved. This was mostly because of the US promotions bonding together during those tours and that TV season to try to drive the competition out of the US, where although most of them are competing with each other anyway, they believed that wrestling was an American institution and that the Japanese style had to place there, and no place taking away from their profits. WSW hasn't even tried to go into Canada because of proximity to the US, as well as their similarity to the US style, and their having the only other Global promotion outside the US, they don't want to risk the same thing happening there. Alright, thats about it. I'm still tweaking things, and I'm very open to suggestions, so suggest away.

Here are the promotion stats and histories. [b]Deutchland Power Wrestling (DPW)[/b] Founded: 2003 Location: Western Europe Style: Hardcore Prestige: 5 Money: 50000 Size: Local History: Founded only 3 years ago, it was a result of the popularity of Super Pro Fighting (see belows). Although it hasn't gained as much popularity, that may be the results of using a quite different style, though it still appeals to many of the fans of SPF, at least those who know about it. It is expected to grow quickly, and may even surpass SPF in popularity, although that is mostly wishful thinking. [b]Extreme World Wrestling (XWW)[/b] [IMG]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1313/xwwzq8.jpg[/IMG] Founded: 1999 Location: Tri-State Style: Garbage Prestige: 10 Money: 75000 Size: Small History: Based in New York, they offer a super-violent style, and are the third of the 5 East Coast War promotions to be founded. [b]Global Wrestling Federation (GWF)[/b] [IMG]http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/8421/gwffu3.jpg[/IMG] Founded: 1963 Location: Mid-West USA Style: Sports Entertainment Prestige: 95 Money: 75000000 Size: Global History: In 1954, two promotions the American Wrestling Federation and the United States Wrestling Federation were founded, the AWF in Seattle and the USWF in New York. A year later, they started the first true wrestling war, which spanned 8 years. When it was finally ended, it was a landmark event, as AWF Champion American Beast defeated USWF Champion Steve Rainer on live USWF TV, then lost the AWF Title the next day on live AWF TV to Rainer. This was the most publicized move in wrestling history at the time, and made the newly-formed Fifty States Wrestling Federation the biggest promotion in the US, and by comparison to all others, the biggest in the world. It spent multiple periods being heaquarted in Seattle and New York. They started to fall in popularity in the late 80s until being bought in 1990 by Global Sports Megacorp Inc. Its name was changed to the Global Wrestling Federation, and they used their newfound resources to live up to the name, holding shows all around the world and getting a global fanbase. Their HQ is now in Chicago. [b]Royal Crown Wrestling Federation (RCWF)[/b] Founded: 1977 Location: North UK Style: Traditional Prestige: 65 Money: 2000000 Size: National History: Founded by Murakami Mochiyori, the nephew of Kagae Toshiharu (see Total Japan Wrestling), it was the first wrestling promotion outside of the US and North America(which includes Mexico). Murakami went all over the world to get ideas, and this promotion reflects that, with a blend of Puroresu Strong Style, Lucha Libre, American Entertainment, and Catch wrestling (based on carnival wrestling in Britain). It's amazingly popular in the UK, but virtually unknown anywhere else. [b]Southwest Wrestling Association (SWA)[/b] Founded: 1979 Location: South West USA Style: Cutting Edge Prestige: 45 Money: 600000 Size: Regional or Cult (Haven't decided yet) History: It was founded as the SWA in 1979 and immediately gained huged popularity under the ownership of Alex Cooperson and the booking skill of Andy Rodriguez. It quickly became the main rival of the FSWF and was renamed the National Wrestling Association, even gaining a lot of popularity in Mexico. When Cooperson and Rodriguez were tragically killed in a car accident in 1986, Cooperson's son Roger inherited the promotion. He put his best friend Randy Richards in the head booker position, and the promotion went downhill from there. It has fallen so much that they can't really afford to run outside of the Southwest US, and went back to being the Southwest Wrestling Association. [B]Super Pro Fighting (SPF)[/B] Founded: 1998 Location: Eastern Europe Style: Hybrid Prestige: 20 Money: 170000 Size: Cult History: This was originally founded as an MMA promotion in Russia, and gained a tiny bit of popularity. About a year after its inception, a new Russian law outlawed Mixed Martial Arts, and it was forced to change to a work-shoot style. That was actually a bonus, as people who had watched wrestling from a distance in Russia now had something of their own. [B]Total Japan Wrestling (TJW)[/B] Founded: 1971 Location: Honshu Japan Style: Pure Prestige: 80 Money: 3500000 Size: National History: The first promotion in Japan, it was founded by Sano Yo****aka, Kagae Toshiharu, and Ikeda Sanenori, three Japanese men who had become popular wrestlers in the US. They decided to take the sport to Japan, with financial backing from two small-time US promoters, Brian Masterson and Timothy Robinson. Lacking competition, they flourished and made all five men, as well as most who chose to wrestle there very rich. Of the five, only Sano Yo****aka and Brian Masterson are still alive. The promotion has faced stiff competition lately from WSW, but have managed to keep their foothold in Japan, holding shows there more often than WSW, who have branched out into other areas of the world. [B]World Super Wrestling (WSW)[/B] Founded: 1991 Location: Hokkaido Japan Style: Cutting Edge Prestige: 85 Money: 40000000 Size: Global History: After the only minimal sucess or complete faliure of promotions started in Japan for 20 years since the founding of TJW, many of the promoters of those promotions that failed started World Super Wrestling, which actually rivaled TJW for 6 years until it succesfully branched out into Mexico, and started making large money there, surpassing TJW in popularity. It has since then run shows in the UK and Europe sucessfully, and has TV deals in those areas. The only markets it hasn't sucessfully penetrated are the US and Canada. After running a tour of the US, it drew very low attendances and its TV show only lasted one season in the US after the low ratings it achieved. This was mostly because of the US promotions bonding together during those tours and that TV season to try to drive the competition out of the US, where although most of them are competing with each other anyway, they believed that wrestling was an American institution and that the Japanese style had to place there, and no place taking away from their profits. WSW hasn't even tried to go into Canada because of proximity to the US, as well as their similarity to the US style, and their having the only other Global promotion outside the US, they don't want to risk the same thing happening there. Alright, thats about it. I'm still tweaking things, and I'm very open to suggestions, so suggest away.

yeah, just a thought AKKI, but why not just create a couple of feds for the Forumverse, they will give you credit for it and you can focus all your creative powers on making the feds really good. Up to you though bud, i just know 1st hand how much time go's into making a mod and i haven't even tried a full game mod yet!

yeah, just a thought AKKI, but why not just create a couple of feds for the Forumverse, they will give you credit for it and you can focus all your creative powers on making the feds really good. Up to you though bud, i just know 1st hand how much time go's into making a mod and i haven't even tried a full game mod yet!

Funny you say that Panix. I thought Akki volunteered a fed for the Forumverse. And Panix is right. I thought it would be ok doing a full mod, with myself and Jonfun working on it, but Jonfun's working on other things and doesn't really spend much time on it, so it's going to take about double the expected time.

Funny you say that Panix. I thought Akki volunteered a fed for the Forumverse. And Panix is right. I thought it would be ok doing a full mod, with myself and Jonfun working on it, but Jonfun's working on other things and doesn't really spend much time on it, so it's going to take about double the expected time.

Well, I thought about doing feds or just one for the ForumVerse, but then I kinda thought that I wanted a gameworld arranged more to my specifications, not kinda random from different people's, just so I can control the history and everything more. It's not a ripoff at all, and if you think it is, sorry. But I'm not trying to compete with you guys, because ours are two different things. The ForumVerse is made by everyone and is up to them. This is up to me, but I'm taking suggestions from people to make it better, or asking for a little help with parts that might take time/I might not be too sure about. Hell, I might still add a fed to the ForumVerse, one that's not even in here. I just have so many ideas that likely at least one won't fit here. So don't worry.

Well, I thought about doing feds or just one for the ForumVerse, but then I kinda thought that I wanted a gameworld arranged more to my specifications, not kinda random from different people's, just so I can control the history and everything more. It's not a ripoff at all, and if you think it is, sorry. But I'm not trying to compete with you guys, because ours are two different things. The ForumVerse is made by everyone and is up to them. This is up to me, but I'm taking suggestions from people to make it better, or asking for a little help with parts that might take time/I might not be too sure about. Hell, I might still add a fed to the ForumVerse, one that's not even in here. I just have so many ideas that likely at least one won't fit here. So don't worry.

well then fella, good luck to ya! I sincerely hope you do well at this project 'cos often fantasy mods fall at the wayside. I know my idea for a sci-fi mod never happened, and i always wanted to do a yard-tard mod as well, but alas it never happened either!

well then fella, good luck to ya! I sincerely hope you do well at this project 'cos often fantasy mods fall at the wayside. I know my idea for a sci-fi mod never happened, and i always wanted to do a yard-tard mod as well, but alas it never happened either!

I'm at school right now, and I'm going to use this post for the promotion ideas that I have come up with today. They're not in the data yet, but they will be as soon as I get home. This post will be updated usually every weekday with things I think of at school. [B]Tropical Pro Wrestling (TPW)[/B] Founded: 1987 Style: Traditional Location: South East (USA) Money: Not Sure Yet Size: Small History: The warm, [B]tropical[/B] climate of Florida provides an excellent place for a promotion, and with tourists coming year-round, it's not very tough to make money. TPW was probably the first true indy promotion when it was created, and the only promotion to run all their shows on the East coast for three years. Add to that the fact that some of the most skilled American wrestlers every passed through its doors at one point or another, and the fact that it was a developmental territory for the GWF from 1992 to 1998 when GFW "outsourced" development to Canada's Original Championship Wrestling. You get a promotion that SHOULD be winning the East Coast War, but isn't because people are tiring of their "old school" style, and are instead turning to the more modern styles of their competitors. They have also only revently started selling DVDs, something that every other promotion in America has been doing for 5 years, and they are hoping that the sales will boost their popularity, though it doesn't appear to have worked yet. [B]Carolina Championship Wrestling[/B] Founded: 1990 Style: Pure Location: Mid-Atlantic (USA) Money: Not Sure Yet Size: Regional History: This promotion is actually the reason that TPW became the GWF's developmental territory. CCW was started as a way to showcase talent without all the talking. As mentioned for TPW, some of the greatest workers in US history passed through TPW's doors. But the ones who were there by 1990 also mostly passed through CCW's doors. CCW stole away much of TPW's great technical wrestlers, as well as some skilled in the strong style and high flying. This led to TPW finding wrestlers that fit the CCW profile less, ones who could talk, while still being able to mix it up quite well in the ring (though not as well as the ones they had lost). When the execs at GWF saw how TPW looked like a smaller version of them, they made them their development camp. That didn't hurt CCW too much, as they were still able to grow, and are winning the East Coast War due to the fact that when TPW became the dev territory, some fans were turned away by the mainstream affiliation and turned to the closest alternative, CCW.

I'm at school right now, and I'm going to use this post for the promotion ideas that I have come up with today. They're not in the data yet, but they will be as soon as I get home. This post will be updated usually every weekday with things I think of at school. [B]Tropical Pro Wrestling (TPW)[/B] Founded: 1987 Style: Traditional Location: South East (USA) Money: Not Sure Yet Size: Small History: The warm, [B]tropical[/B] climate of Florida provides an excellent place for a promotion, and with tourists coming year-round, it's not very tough to make money. TPW was probably the first true indy promotion when it was created, and the only promotion to run all their shows on the East coast for three years. Add to that the fact that some of the most skilled American wrestlers every passed through its doors at one point or another, and the fact that it was a developmental territory for the GWF from 1992 to 1998 when GFW "outsourced" development to Canada's Original Championship Wrestling. You get a promotion that SHOULD be winning the East Coast War, but isn't because people are tiring of their "old school" style, and are instead turning to the more modern styles of their competitors. They have also only revently started selling DVDs, something that every other promotion in America has been doing for 5 years, and they are hoping that the sales will boost their popularity, though it doesn't appear to have worked yet. [B]Carolina Championship Wrestling[/B] Founded: 1990 Style: Pure Location: Mid-Atlantic (USA) Money: Not Sure Yet Size: Regional History: This promotion is actually the reason that TPW became the GWF's developmental territory. CCW was started as a way to showcase talent without all the talking. As mentioned for TPW, some of the greatest workers in US history passed through TPW's doors. But the ones who were there by 1990 also mostly passed through CCW's doors. CCW stole away much of TPW's great technical wrestlers, as well as some skilled in the strong style and high flying. This led to TPW finding wrestlers that fit the CCW profile less, ones who could talk, while still being able to mix it up quite well in the ring (though not as well as the ones they had lost). When the execs at GWF saw how TPW looked like a smaller version of them, they made them their development camp. That didn't hurt CCW too much, as they were still able to grow, and are winning the East Coast War due to the fact that when TPW became the dev territory, some fans were turned away by the mainstream affiliation and turned to the closest alternative, CCW.

[QUOTE=rlobb17;144468]Ok, I'm not really having a go here but this looks like yet ANOTHER Forumverse based idea.[/QUOTE] ??? How? Is the CornellVerse ANOTHER Forumverse based idea then? Because pretty much any time someone proposes doing a fictional universe you seem to claim they are "stealing" the Forumverse idea. To begin with, the Forumverse was never a very original idea. Hell, it had already been attempted back on .400SS forums for the original TEW. That doesn't in any way invalidate the Forumverse, of course. But to claim that all these people are basing their ideas on something that was far from a groundbreaking idea is a bit ludicrous. If anything, you're all just ANOTHER Cornellverse based idea. (Which is also a ridulous assertion.) And while you saying you aren't "having a go here", what other purpose was served by your post? Because I can't really see any point to your post, other than to have a go at Akki. And a completely uncalled for one, at that. Personally, I hope all of you are able to complete your projects, because I look forward for giving them a try at some point. The more different mods availalbe, the better.

[QUOTE=rlobb17;144468]Ok, I'm not really having a go here but this looks like yet ANOTHER Forumverse based idea.[/QUOTE] ??? How? Is the CornellVerse ANOTHER Forumverse based idea then? Because pretty much any time someone proposes doing a fictional universe you seem to claim they are "stealing" the Forumverse idea. To begin with, the Forumverse was never a very original idea. Hell, it had already been attempted back on .400SS forums for the original TEW. That doesn't in any way invalidate the Forumverse, of course. But to claim that all these people are basing their ideas on something that was far from a groundbreaking idea is a bit ludicrous. If anything, you're all just ANOTHER Cornellverse based idea. (Which is also a ridulous assertion.) And while you saying you aren't "having a go here", what other purpose was served by your post? Because I can't really see any point to your post, other than to have a go at Akki. And a completely uncalled for one, at that. Personally, I hope all of you are able to complete your projects, because I look forward for giving them a try at some point. The more different mods availalbe, the better.

Well, if anything, all fantasy (meh, why fantasy? from now on, let's call the fictional) mods are basically rips of the real world... Right? The CornellVerse is based one the real word (Oh come on, the two major companies at war in the US ending with "Wrestling Federation" and "Championship Wrestling"... and there are other similarities such as the small pure promotion starting with "Ring of" can't have been something just off the top of Adam's head). But all fiction except most SciFi and Fantasy is somehow based on the real world. The ForumVerse is a great idea, but it's still some how gotta be based off the real world. We live in it, we know it, we'll use it even if we don't mean to. And hell, mods like the FV existed even before TEW, on places like EWB and FOTG. I don't remember how many got finished, but the idea was there. Really, Alec, you're right in saying that the closest thing is saying that it's a ripoff of the CornellVerse, which is some way it is. But as I said, that was just a ripoff of the real world. I'm thinking mine is gonna be less like the real world than the CornellVerse, but hey, everyone wants to seem more original that everyone else. Again, human nature. You can't blame rlobb17 for saying what he said, but you can say that he's wrong. And that's what I'm saying.

Well, if anything, all fantasy (meh, why fantasy? from now on, let's call the fictional) mods are basically rips of the real world... Right? The CornellVerse is based one the real word (Oh come on, the two major companies at war in the US ending with "Wrestling Federation" and "Championship Wrestling"... and there are other similarities such as the small pure promotion starting with "Ring of" can't have been something just off the top of Adam's head). But all fiction except most SciFi and Fantasy is somehow based on the real world. The ForumVerse is a great idea, but it's still some how gotta be based off the real world. We live in it, we know it, we'll use it even if we don't mean to. And hell, mods like the FV existed even before TEW, on places like EWB and FOTG. I don't remember how many got finished, but the idea was there. Really, Alec, you're right in saying that the closest thing is saying that it's a ripoff of the CornellVerse, which is some way it is. But as I said, that was just a ripoff of the real world. I'm thinking mine is gonna be less like the real world than the CornellVerse, but hey, everyone wants to seem more original that everyone else. Again, human nature. You can't blame rlobb17 for saying what he said, but you can say that he's wrong. And that's what I'm saying.

Archived