Icy: Mod question

Icy, any idea what might be conflicting with my game and your mod causing RTE 91's? Reading the forum, appears that mods are the culprit as uninstalling them fixes the issue. I loved your mod for the season I got in but I get RTE's every week after the regular season now. Thanks for any help so I can keep trying to use your great mod.

Umm i don't have any RTE using it, never had them in the past and i don't have them now that i just installed the game and the mod again after i bought a new computer so it was a fresh install. Can you be a bit more explicit? what kind of RTE's are you having? when? doing what? etc. That way maybe we can figure it out.

Umm i don't have any RTE using it, never had them in the past and i don't have them now that i just installed the game and the mod again after i bought a new computer so it was a fresh install. Can you be a bit more explicit? what kind of RTE's are you having? when? doing what? etc. That way maybe we can figure it out.

First off, no offense intended. You've done great work on mods for several games...that's why I want to use it. I made it through one season, then when advancing to the offseason I began getting an RTE 91 when advancing through stages. In looking at RTE 91's on the forum, it appears that mods are the item blamed and your's is the only mod I'm running. I uninstalled the game last night, reinstalled with no mods and will sim some tonight to see if going back to no mods results in no RTE's. I also played two seasons before getting your mod and had no RTE's.

First off, no offense intended. You've done great work on mods for several games...that's why I want to use it. I made it through one season, then when advancing to the offseason I began getting an RTE 91 when advancing through stages. In looking at RTE 91's on the forum, it appears that mods are the item blamed and your's is the only mod I'm running. I uninstalled the game last night, reinstalled with no mods and will sim some tonight to see if going back to no mods results in no RTE's. I also played two seasons before getting your mod and had no RTE's.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, the board admin is blaming your mod for crashes over in the tech support forum. I'd be curious if they could supply enough info to solve the problem. I like playing with real team names instead of bogus ones, so I like using your mod. Of course, I don't take the blame of the mod as automatically true. It could very well just be something in the mod has just exposed some poor code. But since the level of thinking around here is "works without mod, crashes with mod, must be the mod's fault", the blame gets placed on the mod. Me, I come from the school that says software should never crash. Period. Too bad that standard doesn't exist in the game industry.

Yeah, the board admin is blaming your mod for crashes over in the tech support forum. I'd be curious if they could supply enough info to solve the problem. I like playing with real team names instead of bogus ones, so I like using your mod. Of course, I don't take the blame of the mod as automatically true. It could very well just be something in the mod has just exposed some poor code. But since the level of thinking around here is "works without mod, crashes with mod, must be the mod's fault", the blame gets placed on the mod. Me, I come from the school that says software should never crash. Period. Too bad that standard doesn't exist in the game industry.

GTMarc since you're new here I'll say this many,many people d/led Icys mod and it works fine for them including me. Thousands have bought and played the game w/o mods and the game works fine. I leave the conclusion to you. it seems that the vast majority of the RTE 91 come from Icys mod running so if its not installed and the game works where is the issue? Perhaps some people are using MDAC,Jet that aren't up to date. Perhaps the users have altered some of Icys mod. Why do you assume the game is the problem? Remember the mods are made w/o the developer input (license issues).

GTMarc since you're new here I'll say this many,many people d/led Icys mod and it works fine for them including me. Thousands have bought and played the game w/o mods and the game works fine. I leave the conclusion to you. it seems that the vast majority of the RTE 91 come from Icys mod running so if its not installed and the game works where is the issue? Perhaps some people are using MDAC,Jet that aren't up to date. Perhaps the users have altered some of Icys mod. Why do you assume the game is the problem? Remember the mods are made w/o the developer input (license issues).

I'm not trying to blame anyone for this. It is a minor problem for me as it only occurs in one dynasty when I enable staff to handle recruitment. I can get past the problem if I do recruitment myself, so not a dynasty killer. I haven't altered anything in the MOD but I don't know how to check if I have MDAC or it's version. No idea what JET is. Do I need it? How do I tell if I have it? Checked Add/Remove programs and didn't see it in there.

I'm not trying to blame anyone for this. It is a minor problem for me as it only occurs in one dynasty when I enable staff to handle recruitment. I can get past the problem if I do recruitment myself, so not a dynasty killer. I haven't altered anything in the MOD but I don't know how to check if I have MDAC or it's version. No idea what JET is. Do I need it? How do I tell if I have it? Checked Add/Remove programs and didn't see it in there.

Don't worry guys, i won't get offended by any comment and i really hate to see that some ppl is having problems when i did this for everybody to enjoy it. I can't help as i never had any problem myself so i can't test it. Of course i'm not also the game programmer so i can't debug what is going on. We can't know if the problems are related to the mods or not. If everybody had a crash when loading the mod, then we would know for sure that the mod is the problem but when tons of users including myself or the docens of players in the multiplayer league FOFC-BCCF never had any issue related to the mod, when the problems don't hapen in your first season but after a few, how can i know if the problem is on the mod or on anything else? The mod job was simply adding the logos and editing the database to have the real teams and conference names instead of fake ones so i don't see how it could be related on any way to a crash when you sim recruiting in one of your dynasties in your 3rd season for example. Another thing i read is that most of the ppl who has problems is also using my mod. Well maybe 80% of the game users are using the mod so it's normal that those having problems are also using my mod as most of people is. To say without proofs that if you have a crash and you use my mod = my mod is the problem is the same than saying that if you have a crash and you use a mouse = the mouse is the problem. You guys can also contact me to send me your savegame and i can try to pass that stage in my own pc to see if i get the crash too, but even if i get it, it doesn't mean i'll be able to fix anything as i don't have access to the game source code and i can't debug it. I made this mod for myself first, then decided to share it for the community so everybody could enjoy the game with real team names and logos, but i'm not an employee of GDS and i don't get paid for doing it. I try to please everybody but if any of you have a problem and it only happends when you use this mod, and you know it for sure but you can't point me on any direction to try to find it, then i'm sorry but i can only tell you to stop to use it or to do it yourself as no matter how i would like to help you, i simply can't. I'm really sorry for those with problems, but nobody knows yet if the problems are related to the mods or to their computers or their operating systems etc so i'm sorry but i can't help you as i don't know how to do it, sadly there is not a magic button in my computer for me to press and to fix the mod for those having problems.

Don't worry guys, i won't get offended by any comment and i really hate to see that some ppl is having problems when i did this for everybody to enjoy it. I can't help as i never had any problem myself so i can't test it. Of course i'm not also the game programmer so i can't debug what is going on. We can't know if the problems are related to the mods or not. If everybody had a crash when loading the mod, then we would know for sure that the mod is the problem but when tons of users including myself or the docens of players in the multiplayer league FOFC-BCCF never had any issue related to the mod, when the problems don't hapen in your first season but after a few, how can i know if the problem is on the mod or on anything else? The mod job was simply adding the logos and editing the database to have the real teams and conference names instead of fake ones so i don't see how it could be related on any way to a crash when you sim recruiting in one of your dynasties in your 3rd season for example. Another thing i read is that most of the ppl who has problems is also using my mod. Well maybe 80% of the game users are using the mod so it's normal that those having problems are also using my mod as most of people is. To say without proofs that if you have a crash and you use my mod = my mod is the problem is the same than saying that if you have a crash and you use a mouse = the mouse is the problem. You guys can also contact me to send me your savegame and i can try to pass that stage in my own pc to see if i get the crash too, but even if i get it, it doesn't mean i'll be able to fix anything as i don't have access to the game source code and i can't debug it. I made this mod for myself first, then decided to share it for the community so everybody could enjoy the game with real team names and logos, but i'm not an employee of GDS and i don't get paid for doing it. I try to please everybody but if any of you have a problem and it only happends when you use this mod, and you know it for sure but you can't point me on any direction to try to find it, then i'm sorry but i can only tell you to stop to use it or to do it yourself as no matter how i would like to help you, i simply can't. I'm really sorry for those with problems, but nobody knows yet if the problems are related to the mods or to their computers or their operating systems etc so i'm sorry but i can't help you as i don't know how to do it, sadly there is not a magic button in my computer for me to press and to fix the mod for those having problems.

Thanks for TC Dale. I will try those and see if it helps. Holdging thumbs. The only thing that has changed recently on the PC's was when I updated my version of .Net Framework. I'm shortly getting a new notebook so will try and replicate the problem with a clean version of XP. Icy, totally understand your position. I don't get this problem in my other dynasties so who can really say exactly where the problem is.

Thanks for TC Dale. I will try those and see if it helps. Holdging thumbs. The only thing that has changed recently on the PC's was when I updated my version of .Net Framework. I'm shortly getting a new notebook so will try and replicate the problem with a clean version of XP. Icy, totally understand your position. I don't get this problem in my other dynasties so who can really say exactly where the problem is.

Archived