Ofiicial October 6th Features Thread

Normally I don't see the point of posting after the daily updates, but this ones worth it. This one change will completely change the current booking strategy from 2005, where burn out was never an issue, and all you had to worry about was not dropping to far a rating from one segment to the next. So thumbs up. Not to mention that the add data feature has been clamoured for by many people. A good day for the journal!

Ofiicial October 6th Features Thread I usually don't post much about the updates but this one I couldn't resist. Probably the two best things to be added to the game for me were talked about today. I've been wanting the ability to add/edit relationships forever and I'm so glad it has been added in. Now it'll be easier to keep your game up-to-date if you're playing a real-life sim. Or if you happen to make a mistake (as I have before). The Perfect Show Theory is a fabulous addition. I started off booking my shows like this and always ended up getting the "let-down" note and causing decent matches to get horrible reactions from the crowd. So I am thrilled that this has been added to properly book a wrestling show the way it should be. Thanks for these updates, Adam!

Ofiicial October 6th Features Thread I usually don't post much about the updates but this one I couldn't resist. Probably the two best things to be added to the game for me were talked about today. I've been wanting the ability to add/edit relationships forever and I'm so glad it has been added in. Now it'll be easier to keep your game up-to-date if you're playing a real-life sim. Or if you happen to make a mistake (as I have before). The Perfect Show Theory is a fabulous addition. I started off booking my shows like this and always ended up getting the "let-down" note and causing decent matches to get horrible reactions from the crowd. So I am thrilled that this has been added to properly book a wrestling show the way it should be. Thanks for these updates, Adam!

I'm pleased to see the ability to make new relationships ingame and also glad to see a change to how the crowd react. All too often in TEW2005 it seems to easy to just pack a card with strong matches, whereas trying to stagger the hot matches between the lower card or filler stuff generally seemed to offer little reward other than a lower show grade.

I'm pleased to see the ability to make new relationships ingame and also glad to see a change to how the crowd react. All too often in TEW2005 it seems to easy to just pack a card with strong matches, whereas trying to stagger the hot matches between the lower card or filler stuff generally seemed to offer little reward other than a lower show grade.

I so needed the 'Add' button in-game. Thankyou Adam. As for the other feature, i too have heard this been mentioned by some of the greats. I tend to use it in most of my shows. I allways have a strong opening and ending, most of the average bits go after the opening and before the ending and ofcourse a strong bit in the middle.

I so needed the 'Add' button in-game. Thankyou Adam. As for the other feature, i too have heard this been mentioned by some of the greats. I tend to use it in most of my shows. I allways have a strong opening and ending, most of the average bits go after the opening and before the ending and ofcourse a strong bit in the middle.

Awesome stuff! I never really thought about it till now, but several times during different games (If I can just concentrate on one game, dang it, lol), I have used different angle's and storyline's to create a relationship (Marriage, romance, tag team, etc.), without any real results in the relationship's area. Maybe this will allow me to minupulate things I want to happen in the game's "Real" area's. The show theory is going to be great as well. I will "Gladly" try to make match's more bumpy, as this seem's to happen with little effort NOW, lol. I have always (not on purpose) had bumpy show's, where my first event does better then the next two, then a middle one does pretty good, then back down, then the main event does well (although sometimes, exactly opposite happens too), although I think before I run the show that each part will get better and better. Something like B, C-, D, C-, A, A*, B-, B, C-, A, A* is an example of how much my show's vary sometimes... without me doing it on purpose, lol. I mean, sometimes how am I supposed to know two wrestler's will all the sudden "Click" like they never did before?

Awesome stuff! I never really thought about it till now, but several times during different games (If I can just concentrate on one game, dang it, lol), I have used different angle's and storyline's to create a relationship (Marriage, romance, tag team, etc.), without any real results in the relationship's area. Maybe this will allow me to minupulate things I want to happen in the game's "Real" area's. The show theory is going to be great as well. I will "Gladly" try to make match's more bumpy, as this seem's to happen with little effort NOW, lol. I have always (not on purpose) had bumpy show's, where my first event does better then the next two, then a middle one does pretty good, then back down, then the main event does well (although sometimes, exactly opposite happens too), although I think before I run the show that each part will get better and better. Something like B, C-, D, C-, A, A*, B-, B, C-, A, A* is an example of how much my show's vary sometimes... without me doing it on purpose, lol. I mean, sometimes how am I supposed to know two wrestler's will all the sudden "Click" like they never did before?

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;152597]With the peak show thing, that's not to say that a show of all A* matches and angles won't get an A* rating, right? :)[/QUOTE] You run the risk of "Burning" out the crowd early if they are all Huge. I believe this would show up while running the show though, so your A* match at the end might end up being a B, or something like that.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;152597]With the peak show thing, that's not to say that a show of all A* matches and angles won't get an A* rating, right? :)[/QUOTE] You run the risk of "Burning" out the crowd early if they are all Huge. I believe this would show up while running the show though, so your A* match at the end might end up being a B, or something like that.

what if you are trying to do ecw. see in original ecw many shows were filled with a quality.. many house shows i been to wer elike 6-7 hour shows. every match seemed to be a level and out do the previous one. not all were technical masterpieces but some were high flying , hardcore, buring table and balcony spots. the only things they did in between were a couple of angles and the inermission break corwed was like maybe 3,000 people and were hot all night. i understand the system for slowing down the showm, but could it have exceptions. for example certain type of crowds.

what if you are trying to do ecw. see in original ecw many shows were filled with a quality.. many house shows i been to wer elike 6-7 hour shows. every match seemed to be a level and out do the previous one. not all were technical masterpieces but some were high flying , hardcore, buring table and balcony spots. the only things they did in between were a couple of angles and the inermission break corwed was like maybe 3,000 people and were hot all night. i understand the system for slowing down the showm, but could it have exceptions. for example certain type of crowds.

[QUOTE=dcxbox;152630]what if you are trying to do ecw. see in original ecw many shows were filled with a quality.. many house shows i been to wer elike 6-7 hour shows. every match seemed to be a level and out do the previous one. not all were technical masterpieces but some were high flying , hardcore, buring table and balcony spots. the only things they did in between were a couple of angles and the inermission break corwed was like maybe 3,000 people and were hot all night. i understand the system for slowing down the showm, but could it have exceptions. for example certain type of crowds.[/QUOTE] I think if you go back and review the shows with the benefit of hindsight, you'd see how cleverly they were booked to make you think that. The booking of ECW back then was a masterclass in manipulating the crowd.

[QUOTE=dcxbox;152630]what if you are trying to do ecw. see in original ecw many shows were filled with a quality.. many house shows i been to wer elike 6-7 hour shows. every match seemed to be a level and out do the previous one. not all were technical masterpieces but some were high flying , hardcore, buring table and balcony spots. the only things they did in between were a couple of angles and the inermission break corwed was like maybe 3,000 people and were hot all night. i understand the system for slowing down the showm, but could it have exceptions. for example certain type of crowds.[/QUOTE] I think if you go back and review the shows with the benefit of hindsight, you'd see how cleverly they were booked to make you think that. The booking of ECW back then was a masterclass in manipulating the crowd.

I think the one thing you have to remember is that a match's rating in TEW isn't just based on the quality of the wrestling. So you could put on a great wrestling match in the lower card, but because those wrestlers might have D overness they aren't going to put on A* matches. On the other hand when you get to the main event your wrestlers are going to have much higher overness and even though the wrestling might not be as good you would still get a better match rating, because the fans cared more about what was happening in the match. So that would be how you could put on great wrestling through out the card, but still let the crowd down. If I got any of that wrong feel free to correct me.

I think the one thing you have to remember is that a match's rating in TEW isn't just based on the quality of the wrestling. So you could put on a great wrestling match in the lower card, but because those wrestlers might have D overness they aren't going to put on A* matches. On the other hand when you get to the main event your wrestlers are going to have much higher overness and even though the wrestling might not be as good you would still get a better match rating, because the fans cared more about what was happening in the match. So that would be how you could put on great wrestling through out the card, but still let the crowd down. If I got any of that wrong feel free to correct me.

Archived