Don't understand training

I don't understand the Strength & Conditioning element of traing. Sometimes when I have players overweight or just 1-3 lbs under, the AI will 'suggest' traing settings of 20-25. Other times in the same situation but for different players, it will suggest 15 - it never suggests lower than 15. I can't see any common theme that can explain this. Does anyone understand this? Why would you allocate anything to S&C for an overweight player as it ALWAYS seems to make them gain weight? Also - once a player is overweight, is that it for his career? I never see players lose weight and since they lose abilities when they get overweight ...

[QUOTE=jayhawk80;154593]I don't understand the Strength & Conditioning element of traing. Sometimes when I have players overweight or just 1-3 lbs under, the AI will 'suggest' traing settings of 20-25. Other times in the same situation but for different players, it will suggest 15 - it never suggests lower than 15. I can't see any common theme that can explain this. Does anyone understand this? Why would you allocate anything to S&C for an overweight player as it ALWAYS seems to make them gain weight?[/quote] The suggestions are not independent of other needs. If Player A has a big need of academics or football skills, he may only get a recommended 15. If Player B (same weight situation) has little need in academics or football skills, he may get 25. Other needs may trump Strength & Conditioning. [quote]Also - once a player is overweight, is that it for his career? I never see players lose weight and since they lose abilities when they get overweight ...[/QUOTE] Some players may lose weight if they are seriously overweight. But, the goal for most players is to be within 5 pounds either way.

[QUOTE=jayhawk80;154593]I don't understand the Strength & Conditioning element of traing. Sometimes when I have players overweight or just 1-3 lbs under, the AI will 'suggest' traing settings of 20-25. Other times in the same situation but for different players, it will suggest 15 - it never suggests lower than 15. I can't see any common theme that can explain this. Does anyone understand this? Why would you allocate anything to S&C for an overweight player as it ALWAYS seems to make them gain weight?[/quote] The suggestions are not independent of other needs. If Player A has a big need of academics or football skills, he may only get a recommended 15. If Player B (same weight situation) has little need in academics or football skills, he may get 25. Other needs may trump Strength & Conditioning. [quote]Also - once a player is overweight, is that it for his career? I never see players lose weight and since they lose abilities when they get overweight ...[/QUOTE] Some players may lose weight if they are seriously overweight. But, the goal for most players is to be within 5 pounds either way.

Arlie, Since you are talking about the training and suggest, I have a question. Why when you hit the suggest button do alot of players get so much of the training percentage in adaptability? I have to set every player individual b/c of it. If I want a player to move say from free safety to strong safety I give him some time in the adaptability for training. So 90-95% of the players get 0% adaptability time in training and it seems to work well. My question is what is the big deal or affect of adaptability except to move a player to a new position which doesn't happen that often? Thanks.

Arlie, Since you are talking about the training and suggest, I have a question. Why when you hit the suggest button do alot of players get so much of the training percentage in adaptability? I have to set every player individual b/c of it. If I want a player to move say from free safety to strong safety I give him some time in the adaptability for training. So 90-95% of the players get 0% adaptability time in training and it seems to work well. My question is what is the big deal or affect of adaptability except to move a player to a new position which doesn't happen that often? Thanks.

[QUOTE=galaril;154658]Arlie, Since you are talking about the training and suggest, I have a question. Why when you hit the suggest button do alot of players get so much of the training percentage in adaptability? I have to set every player individual b/c of it. If I want a player to move say from free safety to strong safety I give him some time in the adaptability for training. So 90-95% of the players get 0% adaptability time in training and it seems to work well. My question is what is the big deal or affect of adaptability except to move a player to a new position which doesn't happen that often? Thanks.[/QUOTE] Adaptability is useful in two instances: 1. Straight position change. 2. Playing a player *slightly* out of position. IE, playing a corner at safety, a guard at tackle, a FB at RB, WR at TE, FB at TE, ... (adaptability is a small part of this) If you plan on having a player stay at his natural position, though, it doesn't do much for you.

[QUOTE=galaril;154658]Arlie, Since you are talking about the training and suggest, I have a question. Why when you hit the suggest button do alot of players get so much of the training percentage in adaptability? I have to set every player individual b/c of it. If I want a player to move say from free safety to strong safety I give him some time in the adaptability for training. So 90-95% of the players get 0% adaptability time in training and it seems to work well. My question is what is the big deal or affect of adaptability except to move a player to a new position which doesn't happen that often? Thanks.[/QUOTE] Adaptability is useful in two instances: 1. Straight position change. 2. Playing a player *slightly* out of position. IE, playing a corner at safety, a guard at tackle, a FB at RB, WR at TE, FB at TE, ... (adaptability is a small part of this) If you plan on having a player stay at his natural position, though, it doesn't do much for you.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;154810]Adaptability is useful in two instances: 1. Straight position change. 2. [B][I]Playing a player *slightly* out of position. IE, playing a corner at safety, a guard at tackle, a FB at RB, WR at TE, FB at TE, ... (adaptability is a small part of this)[/I][/B] If you plan on having a player stay at his natural position, though, it doesn't do much for you.[/QUOTE] Arlie, thnaks for the reply. I thought the game didn't allow you to play players out of position IE, a corner at safety for example?

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;154810]Adaptability is useful in two instances: 1. Straight position change. 2. [B][I]Playing a player *slightly* out of position. IE, playing a corner at safety, a guard at tackle, a FB at RB, WR at TE, FB at TE, ... (adaptability is a small part of this)[/I][/B] If you plan on having a player stay at his natural position, though, it doesn't do much for you.[/QUOTE] Arlie, thnaks for the reply. I thought the game didn't allow you to play players out of position IE, a corner at safety for example?

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;154810]Adaptability is useful in two instances: 1. Straight position change. 2. Playing a player *slightly* out of position. IE, playing a corner at safety, a guard at tackle, a FB at RB, WR at TE, FB at TE, ... (adaptability is a small part of this) If you plan on having a player stay at his natural position, though, it doesn't do much for you.[/QUOTE] I have two more questions about this: 1.) Does 2. mean, when I use a corner with an high adaptability playing safety I do not have to change the position during offseason because this is just a slightly move? 2.) If my corner has 98 adaptability, is it useful to train this skill? I think he couldn´t really be better then he is right now. Though Arlie told training normally didn´t exert influence on the skills except strenght. Thank you for your help.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn;154810]Adaptability is useful in two instances: 1. Straight position change. 2. Playing a player *slightly* out of position. IE, playing a corner at safety, a guard at tackle, a FB at RB, WR at TE, FB at TE, ... (adaptability is a small part of this) If you plan on having a player stay at his natural position, though, it doesn't do much for you.[/QUOTE] I have two more questions about this: 1.) Does 2. mean, when I use a corner with an high adaptability playing safety I do not have to change the position during offseason because this is just a slightly move? 2.) If my corner has 98 adaptability, is it useful to train this skill? I think he couldn´t really be better then he is right now. Though Arlie told training normally didn´t exert influence on the skills except strenght. Thank you for your help.

[QUOTE=teufel77;155366]I have two more questions about this: 1.) Does 2. mean, when I use a corner with an high adaptability playing safety I do not have to change the position during offseason because this is just a slightly move?[/quote] If his primary position is going to be safety, I would recommend changing his position and he will develop better in that area and be rated more accurately on your roster/depth chart. But, if injuries force you to play a CB at FS, adaptability will help the player handle the transition better. [quote]2.) If my corner has 98 adaptability, is it useful to train this skill? I think he couldn´t really be better then he is right now. Though Arlie told training normally didn´t exert influence on the skills except strenght.[/quote] If he's at 98, I wouldn't put too much time in. But, if he was at 58, I might look at it.

[QUOTE=teufel77;155366]I have two more questions about this: 1.) Does 2. mean, when I use a corner with an high adaptability playing safety I do not have to change the position during offseason because this is just a slightly move?[/quote] If his primary position is going to be safety, I would recommend changing his position and he will develop better in that area and be rated more accurately on your roster/depth chart. But, if injuries force you to play a CB at FS, adaptability will help the player handle the transition better. [quote]2.) If my corner has 98 adaptability, is it useful to train this skill? I think he couldn´t really be better then he is right now. Though Arlie told training normally didn´t exert influence on the skills except strenght.[/quote] If he's at 98, I wouldn't put too much time in. But, if he was at 58, I might look at it.

Archived