editing pstats

I'm trying to create a DIII mod and I had a few questions. I was wondering if there are any limitations to the number of schools that can be in the game, and if there is a recommended number of teams that should be placed in each conference (some DIII conferences have less than 7 teams). Is there any way to edit the playoff format and allow 32 teams to qualify? I don't really understand the city id either, and any help there would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=udlb58;157443]I'm trying to create a DIII mod and I had a few questions. I was wondering if there are any limitations to the number of schools that can be in the game, and if there is a recommended number of teams that should be placed in each conference (some DIII conferences have less than 7 teams). Is there any way to edit the playoff format and allow 32 teams to qualify? I don't really understand the city id either, and any help there would be appreciated.[/QUOTE] Conferences must have 8 teams. The city id tells the game where the school is and what recruiting region it is in. All these ids are listed in the setup.dat file.

[QUOTE=udlb58;157443]I'm trying to create a DIII mod and I had a few questions. I was wondering if there are any limitations to the number of schools that can be in the game, and if there is a recommended number of teams that should be placed in each conference (some DIII conferences have less than 7 teams). Is there any way to edit the playoff format and allow 32 teams to qualify? I don't really understand the city id either, and any help there would be appreciated.[/QUOTE] Conferences must have 8 teams. The city id tells the game where the school is and what recruiting region it is in. All these ids are listed in the setup.dat file.

Nice that you have brought this back up, as I have started to get back into my files and have a D3 mod that is in progress. I couldn't get it to work a while ago, so I am going back through and trying to fix it. I will post the pstats file on here if you would like to help with it. Also, advanced editors, if you could take a few minutes, please give a lookover and see if you have any suggestions. Thanks! Daniel

Nice that you have brought this back up, as I have started to get back into my files and have a D3 mod that is in progress. I couldn't get it to work a while ago, so I am going back through and trying to fix it. I will post the pstats file on here if you would like to help with it. Also, advanced editors, if you could take a few minutes, please give a lookover and see if you have any suggestions. Thanks! Daniel

I made some great progress on the D3 file, and it has finally gone through a season without crashing. It has about 185 teams on it with about 20 conferences, so it doesn't have ALL of the teams, but it has a majority of them. I'll post which teams I have done and the conferences (I had to add two independents to a conference to get it to 7).

I made some great progress on the D3 file, and it has finally gone through a season without crashing. It has about 185 teams on it with about 20 conferences, so it doesn't have ALL of the teams, but it has a majority of them. I'll post which teams I have done and the conferences (I had to add two independents to a conference to get it to 7).

Archived