Two Suggestions (practice mode and rare talents)

1. If it isn't too complicated to code, I would like the ability to run practices during camp. I'd like the ability to run plays against my defense to see what's working. Often times at the beginning of a season it takes me a couple games to get a "feel" for my offense, especially if I have a lot of first year starters. Also, it would help me gauge the quality of my defense in situations. 2. I think there should be a small chance that a "rare talent" is generated every five or so. An accurate scouting report should read some unique text like, "His outside running game will be completely unstoppable....His instincts will routinely allow him to turn broken plays into huge gains." As for their ratings, I don't know how high they would have to be to really make them stand out, but I was thinking like 120/100 for the primary skill (i.e. running/coverage/passing accuracy) I think those would improve the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Well 100 is the highest overall, but he could have superhuman skills, much like Peppers or Calvin Johnson. CJ is 6-5, runs 4.4 40, has excellent hands, and over a 40" vert; but he would still be rated no higher than 100 because of other things that may not be as good, like instincts or route running. I would consider him a rare talent, although his overall may be less than 100.

[QUOTE=udlb58;180517]Well 100 is the highest overall, but he could have superhuman skills, much like Peppers or Calvin Johnson. CJ is 6-5, runs 4.4 40, has excellent hands, and over a 40" vert; but he would still be rated no higher than 100 because of other things that may not be as good, like instincts or route running. I would consider him a rare talent, although his overall may be less than 100.[/QUOTE] I dont think I understand your post. In the case of a "Superhuman" type player in some areas he could be rated 100 in your example (speed, jumping, hands) and less in those other areas. What I am suggesting is that rather than making a new scale to accomodate the idea of Rare talents why not scale the player creation algorythim to make those that acheive a value of 100 in any area the rare dude. Its not the numbers(rating) that make it rare its the frequency of the number (rating). I havent necessarily looked into how many players ever reach a perfect rating in this game, but in my limited experience it boarders on rare.

Archived