Punt Bug?

I would need to see more lines before and after this from the PBP file. It seems like sometimes when penalties or injuries occur, they are given their own PBP line and other things get knocked out of whack in the PBP log. For instance, it may have been 4th and 10 at the 15 and the punt went 26 yards to the 41. The above display should read "1st and 10" but due to the injury/penalty, it sticks on the previous down/distance. It plays out correctly in the game...it's just when you look at the log, you see a glitch.

Oddly enough, when looking at the game log after the game, the whole thing changed to this: Colorado ball, Q4, 2-10-COL41 (12:24) 27-23 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Pro Set, Play: PS-SE-corner-FL-curl Defense: Stop Run, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-run-Man-B5,6- QB R. Overton throws an incomplete pass to WR S. Davis (FS C. Petersen). FS C. Petersen broke up the pass. Colorado ball, Q4, 3-10-COL41 (12:04) 27-23 Offense: Long Pass, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-SE-streaks Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-MZ QB R. Overton throws an incomplete pass to WR S. Davis. R. Overton made a bad pass. [B]Colorado ball, Q4, 1-10-COL41 (11:29) 27-23 Offense: Inside Run, Set: Quads, Play: Q-HB-pitch-LG Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Dime, Play: Dime-pass-MZ RB A. Nichols runs left guard for 45 yards (OOB). C J. Dukes had a key block on the run.[/B] Colorado ball, Q4, 1-10-MO14 (11:15) 27-23 Offense: Outside Run, Set: Shotgun, Play: SG-RB-straight-LT Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-SZ RB W. Newton runs left end for 0 yards (OLB J. Denny). Colorado ball, Q4, 2-10-MO14 (10:48) 27-23 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-SE-playact-corner Defense: Normal, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-norm-TMan QB R. Overton throws an incomplete pass to WR W. Thomas. R. Overton made a bad pass. OLB C. Butler hurried the QB. Colorado ball, Q4, 3-10-MO14 (10:32) 27-23 Offense: Medium Pass, Set: Quads, Play: Q-SE-playact-corner Defense: Stop Pass, Set: Nickel, Play: Nickel-pass-SZ QB R. Overton completes a 13 yard post to WR R. Drake (OLB C. Butler). Notice how the play changed from a punt to a run. And not only that notice that the incompletion gave them a 1st down for some reason.

I'm not sure what to make of that. I play out and watch all my games so I don't generally look at the PBP or gamelog unless something catches my eye and I want to review the sequence or something like that. I haven't ever seen anything like this, but like I said, I don't look at the logs that closely.

Archived