Death of the Territories, Rise of a Dynasty

[CENTER][B][U]World Wrestling Federation[/U][/B] [I]January 1983[/I][/CENTER] [QUOTE] [FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"] [U][B]Size:[/B] [/U] Cult [U][B]Style:[/B] [/U] Traditional [U][B]Location: [/B][/U] Tri-State [U][B]Shows: [/B][/U] WWF Championship Wrestling ([B]Sunday[/B] at [B]7:00pm[/B] on [B]TV Cable East[/B]) WWF Household Takeover ([B]Live Show[/B] - formerly: [B]WWF in Your Neighborhood[/B]) WWF Tuesday Night Titans ([B]Currently off air[/B]) [U][B]Promotion Pacts:[/B][/U] [B]New Japan Pro Wrestling:[/B] Working Agreement [B]Maple Leaf Wrestling:[/B] Working Agreement [B]Championship Wrestling from Florida:[/B] Working Agreement [B]American Wrestling Association:[/B] Non-Aggression [B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling:[/B] Non-Aggression [B]World Class Championship Wrestling:[/B] Non-Aggression [B]Central States:[/B] Non-Aggression [B]All-Star Wrestling:[/B] Non-Aggression [B]Polynesian Pro Wrestling:[/B] Non-Aggression [B]Mid-South Wrestling:[/B] Non-Aggression [B]Georgia Championship Wrestling:[/B] Non-Aggression [B]Southeastern Championship Wrestling:[/B] Non-Aggression [U][B]Owner: [/B][/U] Vincent J. McMahon / Vincent K. McMahon [U][B]Head Booker: [/B][/U] Jared Shaw [U][B]Booking Team:[/B][/U] Gorilla Monsoon Pat Patterson Vince McMahon Vincent J. McMahon [U][B]Road Agents:[/B][/U] Arnold Skaaland Buddy Rogers Gorilla Monsoon Pat Patterson [U][B]Commentary Team:[/B][/U] Announcer: Vince McMahon Play by Play: Gorilla Monsoon Color Commentator: Lord Alfred Hayes Backstage/Ringside Correspondent: Howard Finkel [U][B]Officials:[/B][/U] Dick Woehrle Dave Hebner Joey Marella [B]Current Champions:[/B] [B]WWF World Heavyweight Champion:[/B] Bob Backlund [B]WWF World Tag Team Champions:[/B] Vacant [B]WWF Intercontinental Champion: [/B]Don Muraco [B]WWF Tag Team Champions:[/B] The Strongbow’s (Chief Jay & Jules) [B][I][U]Starting Roster[/U][/I][/B] [B][U]Main Event:[/U][/B] Bob Backlund Andre The Giant “The Living Legend” Bruno Sammartino “The Superstar” Billy Graham Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka Ray Stevens [B][U]Upper Mid-card:[/U][/B] Don Muraco Masked Superstar Pedro Morales George “The Animal” Steel Rocky Johnson Sika Tony Atlas Afa Big John Studd [B][U]Mid-card:[/U][/B] ”Chief” Jay Strongbow Mr. Fuji The Iron Shiek Ivan Putski Jules Strongbow Tito Santana [B][U]Lower Mid-card:[/U][/B] Tony Garea Tiger Chung Lee Rene Goulet S.D. Jones Johnny Rodz [B][U]Opener/Enhancement:[/U][/B] Eddie Gilbert Charlie Fulton David Sammartino Salvatore Bellomo Frankie Williams [B][U]Active Tag Teams:[/U][/B] The StrongBow’s (Chief Jay/Jules Strongbow) The Soul Patrol (Tony Atlas/Rocky Johnson) The Wild Samoans (Afa/Sika) Tito Santana & Ivan Putski Mr. Fuji & Tiger Chung Lee [B][U]Managers:[/U][/B] The Grand Wizard Classy Freddie Blassie Captain Lou Albano Arnold Skaaland Buddy Rogers[/SIZE][/FONT] [/QUOTE] Off-Topic: I know this looks like other set-ups (especially DoTT WWF'N RAW), and I apologize but I see this as the cleanest set-up. They always say imitation is the best form of flattery. Here's hoping mine will eventually turn out as well as the ones I have been reading. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to leave them or PM me as this is my first attempt ever at a diary :) Cheers.

First Show [B][CENTER][SIZE="5"][U]WWF Household Takeover[/U][/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="4"][I][CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"]Live from Rose Hall Gym, TriState Area[/COLOR][/CENTER][/I][/SIZE] [CENTER][SIZE="3"]Thursday, Week 1, January 1983[/SIZE][/CENTER] With promises of a match-up featuring two stars of the WWF there was a turn-out of 2,000 people to the home of the Fordham Rams. [CENTER][QUOTE]The pre-show segment saw [B]Eddie Gilbert[/B] defeat Tony Garea via pinfall by small package. These two were quite surprising, as they seemed to work well together in the ring. [B](C)[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] [COLOR="darkred"]VKM: Welcome to the first Household Takeover of the New Year! It looks like there is already action in the ring...[/COLOR] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Freddie Blassie[/B] and [B]Big John Studd[/B] came to the center of the ring, stating that NOBODY is able to bodyslam the 'Mountain of a Man' that is Big John Studd. After hearing that there was a $5000 dollar prize, [B]Johnny Rodz[/B] tried his luck, but to no avail. [B](A , B[/B]for the promo , attempt respectively)[/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Gorilla Monsoon: Johnny Rodz seems to have minorly hurt his back trying to move the mountain.[/COLOR] [QUOTE][CENTER]Looks like we have another challenger... Here comes [B]'Special Delivery' S.D. Jones[/B]. Jones fails miserably, while Blassie cackles with glee. [B](B)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="mediumturquoise"]GM: Poor S.D. was jus...[/COLOR] [CENTER][QUOTE][B]Studd[/B] proceeded to attack Jones per the instructions of [B]"Classy"[/B] Freddy Blassie. [B](C)[/B][/QUOTE][/CENTER] [COLOR="DarkRed"]VKM: Poor Special Delivery, at the mercy of that monste... Wait, who is this? A face we've never seen in the WWF before? The young monster, the blonde psycho... [/COLOR] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]SID VICIOUS[/B] runs in to save Special Delivery, helping him to the back. [B](C)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="darkred"]VKM: What a point proven by the young man. He may have a mark to leave in the near future.[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Lord Alfred Hayes: Speaking of leaving marks...[/COLOR] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Lou Albano, Afa & Sika[/B] make their way to the ring, challenging the current tag team champion Strongbows to a match... [B](B+)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkRed"]VKM: Well this next match should be interesting, as another WWF signing, Eddie Guerrero, is in action. Unfortunately it is against Johnny Rodz, who overestimated his strength earlier...[/COLOR] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] defeats Johnny Rodz in 6:32 by disqualification. Guerrero looked particularly strong. [B](C-)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]GM: Word has been passed to me that we are announcing the match between The Strongbows and the team of Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee... I am going to take a guess that this match won't please those Wild Samoans.[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]VKM: No need to worry about that now... We have the Match of the Night, the surprise match between the Main Event Superstars that these fans came to see!![/COLOR] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]Andre the Giant[/B] def. Jimmy Snuka in 14:20 by pinfall via the Butt Drop. [B](A)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="darkred"]VKM: What a match, that one came down to the wire, this time turning out in Andre's favor.[/COLOR] [QUOTE][CENTER]Backstage, the [B]Strongbows[/B] gave an interview saying they will dismantle [B]Tiger[/B] and [B]Fuji[/B]. [B](C)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]As the cameraman is coming back, he happens to catch [B]Lou Albano[/B] and [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] engaged in a whispered conversation. It appears as if Captain Lou is laying down some plan with Afa and Sika, though the sound isn't clear enough to make out. As soon as the group notice the camera, they hurry offscreen. [B](A)[/B] [/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The Strongbows[/B] def [B]Mr. Fuji[/B] & [B]Tiger Chung Lee[/B] in 5:56 when Tiger Chung Lee was disqualified while fighting Chief Jay Strongbow. [B](B)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="DarkRed"]VKM: Looks like they started celebrating too early...[/COLOR] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The Wild Samoans[/B] attack [B]The Strongbows[/B] in the ring, and leave them down and out. [B](B)[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER]Final Show Rating: [B]B-[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] [COLOR="darkred"]VKM: Thanks for joining us in the first...[/COLOR] [COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]GM: [B]Household Takeover. We just apologize to those that wanted tickets and could not find any.[/B][/COLOR]

Well this certainly looks good!:) I could kick myself for not signing Johnny Rodz! Speaking of which, was that match a foreshadowing of a Guerrero push? I'm glad you went ahead and started this! I was asking some months ago for someone to start a DOTT WWF dynasty and now there are three. I can't wait to see the parallels as well as the differences between the three. Real curious to see what you do with your WWF World Tag Team Titles btw. At any rate, looking good so far. Keep it up!

WWF Championship Wrestling [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][U]WWF Championship Wrestling[/U][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [I][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Taped Friday, Week 1, January 1983[/SIZE][/CENTER][/I] [QUOTE][CENTER][B][U]Pre-Show[/U][/B][/CENTER] [B][CENTER]Charlie Fulton / Tony Garea v. Eddie Gilbert / Frankie Williams[/CENTER][/B][/QUOTE] [CENTER][QUOTE][B][U]Main Segment[/U][/B] [B]Johnny Rods[/B] v. [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B] [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] in action against an unannounced team [B]The Masked Superstar[/B] v. [B]Pedro Morales[/B] [U]AND[/U] [B]Superstar Billy Graham[/B] v. [B]Bruno Sammartino[/B][/CENTER][/QUOTE] I would do the news recap for the week, but I left that stuff in my dorm room so I will not have access to it for the time being, so I will skip the news this week. Any predictions / comments welcome :)

[B]Charlie Fulton / Tony Garea[/B] v. Eddie Gilbert / Frankie Williams: HMM. This is interesting. I'd think Garea would be teaming with Gilbert. Could there be a possible turn on the horizon? Quote: Main Segment Johnny Rods v. [B]Eddie Guerrero[/B]: The Wild Samoans in action against an unannounced team [B]The Masked Superstar[/B] v. Pedro Morales: I like Pedro, but Bill is due. AND Superstar Billy Graham v. [B]Bruno Sammartino[/B]: Bruno was bankable for eight years straight. I'm banking on him now.

Archived