What do I have to do to win?!?

I've just discovered Wrestling Spirit and Total Extreme Wrestling and I've downloaded the demo of both. I'm playing my first match on Wrestling Spirit 2. I'm Jeff Nova and I'm fighting Captain Hero. The game clock says we've been fighting for 41 minutes. Both our stamina shows as struggling. Both our energy is non-existant. My momentum is full. His is empty. Yet when I pin him he kicks out after 1 count. HOW? Everytime I try a finisher he blocks it, even if he's stunned! HOW? What exactly are the rules concerning pinning people? Nothing I do seems to work. I play to the wrestler's strengths. I string together move after move. All my opponent stats say he should barley be breathing. I've obviously got the advantage. What am I doing wrong? If the game is this ridiculously hard, I don't think I'll buy the full version. Which is a shame because I like the premise.

At the bottom of the screen,under your move list,it shows you Move Level,Frequency,and Success Rate.Sucess Rate is an indication of the base percentage chance the move will result is a succesful pinfall,if you were to hit the move then cover the opponent.To finish the match,you need to hit a move with a halfway decent success rate,then Attempt A Pinfall.Moves of the level "Finisher" generally have the highest Success Rate,you nearly always get a 3 count or submission when you hit a Finisher level move,but their Frequency(or chance of being hit successfully) is low,which means you might have to try them several,or possibly even many, times before you land one.

MDW is correct, it sounds like you're thinking of this as an arcade-style premise ("once their energy is zero, anything pins them"). It's far more based in reality - you still need to hit them with a decent move if you want to get a victory, a simple bodyslam isn't going to beat anyone, no matter how low they are. I suggest reading the Help file that comes with the game if you're not sure about what the Frequency \ Success Rate means, as that's pretty much a key concept in the game.

Archived