North Carolina, Its a hectic life (DEMO)

(OOC: I only have the Demo. But I thought I would at least give this a shot.) "HAVE YOU SONS OF A ******* EVER PLAYED A FOOTBALL GAME?!!!!!!!" It is halftime of the first football game of my tenure at North Carolina University at Chapel Hill. "I Mean, HONESTLY, We are a better as$ football team then they are, yet they are kicking your as$ like we are a D1 AA slack off team." As you can tell I am very PO'ed at my football team. We are down 19-0 to Arkansas, in which my star quarterback has completed only 1 of his 10 pass attempts for 9 yards. Even Worse is that we only have 4 yards of total offense and we gave up a FREAKIN Safety. "I mean come on, JONES!!! ONE COMPLETION out of TEN ATTEMPTS IS UNNACCEPTABLE!!!! Especially, when six of those attempts are GOD FREAKIN' SCREENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE CAN'T run because our best offensive linemen cant keep their freakin blocks. THEIR IS 10 MORE MINUTES LEFT BEFORE WE GO OUT THERE. IF YOU WANT TO PLAY, THEN PLAY LIKE WE DO!!" As you can tell, I want to earn the respect of my players before they like me. Even though the players think I am pissed at them, I blame myself for most of our defecit. I spent too much of the first half in, what I thought was our best set, 3-4 cover 4. I, honestly dont know what I will do in the second half. They have the ball and I am lost at what I should do. I was so pissed I couldn't even get my adjustments in. Well, it is a minute before second half begins. I hope you stay for the rest of the game.

THIRD QUARTER We kick off to them and their 19 point lead The kick goes to the 2 yard line, where the return leads them to the 23 yard line, after some missed tackles from us. (of Course) I ask my defensive coordinator what I should do on First down. He says that we should go with a nickel package to counter act their passing attack. However, I dont think they would come out passing again so I am going to go into a 4-3 package with a double safety blitz and man coverage. I send out the call and watch as they gain 10 yards on a play-action pass. ****!!! Maybe I'll listen to the ole' coordinator from now on. 1st and 10 from ARK 33 I go with the coordinator and he tells me to go with the Nickel again. He also tells me to load the Middle zone with my LB's. He's the guy with the defensive mind. So I call the play and see that they have come out with a quads formation. WOW, I guess the defensive coordinator isn't a useless job afterall. That play went so well that the defensive end came around the end and got us a sack for a loss of 7 yard loss. 2nd and 17 from the 26 Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. They have gotten this far on mostly a passing attack. However, they haven't been in this position at all except for once on the first drive where it was 3rd and 15 from my 30. I ask my DC and he tells me to stuff the middle with my LB's again; only in our "patented" 3-4. He hasnt been wrong yet, THIS HALF. So I send the signal to my MLB. They come out in the Shotgun. They hit us with a draw to the left side of the line and...... They get 14 out of the 17 on us... Dang. 3rd and 3 from the 40 Well, First Drive of the second half and we have a 3rd and 3 on our hands. I ask my DC what to do, he tells me that we should go with the play we used on 2nd down. 3-4 Middle zone. Well, I can read the lips of the ARK coach and he is saying that they are coming out in a double flanker single back set. SO I tell him I am going with a 4-6 set. I send the call out to the LB...... Yes, I made my first call correctly, they threw an incomplete pass. Hopefully they dont go for the fourth down. 4th and 3 from the 40 They come out in a punt formation... I am not going to send anyone to block it... Punt is off, High one. Comes down at the 22... We bring it back to the 26 yard line. First and Ten from the 26 yard line.

HOW DO I COME OUT FOR OUR FIRST REAL HALF OF FOOTBALL? Well, For our first play. I call a run play out of the Wishbone of the right guard. I send the play into my QB. I am still scared to pass, even though no INT's, because of the 9 incompletes. They get to the line and send the FB into motion... hard count doesnt draw them off... Snap of the ball... Hand off to the RB... he hits the closed hole and pushes for 2 yards. 2nd and 8 from my 28 Again, What to do. Of Course, I don't listen to my OC because he suggests a play action pass. I, being scared to have a 3 and out. dont want to pass on 2nd and 3rd down. I do go with that set, however, I go with a toss off the left side... Snap of the ball, toss out wide, can't find a hole so he just dives for a gain of one. 3rd and 7 from the 29 Again In this position. I guess I have to meet my fear and throw it. I go with the play-action pass that my OC said I should have called on second down. They get to the line and snap the ball with a fast count. We catch the D-Line off guard... HORRIBLE fake... Finds Sonny Ballard on a flag route... tosses it out to him. Perfectly placed... finds sonny... SONNY JUST GOT LEVELED. 4th and 7 on the 29 AGAIN IT HAPPENS. I WANTED to get at least my very 1st first down of my tenure. Yet it is another 3 and out. I send the punt unit out and tell my punter to just get it as far as he can get it down there.... "TIME OUT... TIME OUT.. TIME OUT." I don't know why I called a time out at this point in time. All I hear is that my OC wants to go for it. So I pull my guys in for a team meeting. "So... guys. We're down 19-0, its fourth down. The Offensive Coordinator says we should go for it. Jones, Dowell, you guys are leaders of the offense. It's your call." "Coach, I believe in my Defense." Jones explained. "All Right. Punt team get out there." Snap of the ball... Kick... High kick... Not good coverage. 30 yard return after a 31 yard punt. God Damnit. why do we suck so much. 1st and 10 on the 30

Wow... First play of their drive. I call a nickel deep zone, yet what happens. They hit me over the top for a 25 yard pass and catch. 1st and G on the 5 Hear we are again. they have scored twice before in the red zone. the other times a field goal from the 25 and a safety. what to call, what to call? Defensive Coordinator suggests a Nickel safety blitz. Hell, what do I have to lose? Button hook catch for the touchdown. 26-0 Kickoff is a nice end over end for a touchback. 1st and 10 on the 20 How do I counter act this. I know its a long-shot for me to win. I can't pack it in for my team just yet. I guess I will pass all this drive, if we have a three and out. I will hand it over to my Coordinators.

1st and 10 Single back pass. That was the call. Jones saw WR Leftwich open in the middle for a 7 yard in. Tosses to him, one thing. He got hit... HARD, right when he threw it. I guess its time to pull him for Tillman. 2nd and 10 from the QB New Quarterback... New inviquoration. I called a screen pass for a gain of 4. Its not alot of yards but it's some. 3rd down and 6. Going with the offensive coordinators call of shotgun slants... Just like every pass that has been thrown. Underthrown. Ok. I guess its time to go for it on 4th down, and if I dont get it. I will toss it down to my coordinators. I call the only play that is designed to move the pocket. I guess that really works, went for 9 yards and my 1st first down of my tenure. 1st and 10 from the 33 What do I do with a fresh set of downs? I stay with my Spread Offense and try to hit an Out route but no luck 2nd and 10 Well, I made myself a deal. I have to score on this drive or it will go to my coordinators. I call a reverse, out of the spread... Fast COunt... hand off to the reciever. Defense cranks it for a gain of no yards. 3rd and 10 Another 3rd and 10. WOW. I'm 0/9 on 3rd down conversions. What play to call? Call for a long, play action pass. Snap of the ball comes. Better fake-off and launches for a 20 yard pass. Too bad the pass went 25 yards. 4th and 10 I dont care anymore. I will call a trips corner.... Hard count... Play action (again) toss to the left side in route... he is all by himself... gain of 15 yards. 1st and 10 from 48 Well, this 4th and long is better for me than 3rd and long. How can that be? anyway, its time for another pass. I send in the play call for a HB screen out of the shotgun. It works like a charm to the tune of 6 yards. 2nd and 4 I should have been running this play. I chose another pass and the pass was picked off. That means that I am giving this game to my coordinators.

[B][SIZE="5"]WEEK 2 VS. Akron[/SIZE][/B] What a way to start out my tenure at a school that I have always respected. Losing 39-7 to Arkansas, Well you cant tell me that I wasn't expecting it. I was, just not that badly. They were a good football team, sorry I asked to play them first week. Well anyway, time to start working on Akron. Weakness is in the defensive rush. In their Week 1 loss to East Carolina, they didn't have one sack; while giving up 167 yards on the ground. thats a good sign. Their offensive line was horrible giving up 7 sacks. good news this week. their best player is a 3.0 overall fullback. Now on to the bad news From: Training staff Subject: Weekly injury report Weekly injury report OLB R.Jay Bennett is struggling with an injury to his Head (Skull Fracture). He is able to play this weekend, but I don't think he would be anywhere close to 100%. The smart move would be to let him sit and check again next week. CB Patrick Hobson is recovering from an injury to his Groin (Pulled). He seems to be progressing well and we recommend playing him this week. SS Johnny English is recovering from an injury to his Ribs (Broken). He seems to be progressing well and we recommend playing him this week. It seems to be that 3 of my starters have less than a 2.0 GPA and they need to get it up. Well I hope they do because I can deal with the reserves and backups being on academic probation. I think I will give them each 4 hours to study. Ya In Season Recruitment visits. Well I got three this week. I got a choice between a RB that is 5 stars and is 38th in the nation. the 4 star ranked fullback and the 4 star ranked SS. Well, got to go with the top star in the Running back. Time for Arkansas game stats Post-Game Defensive Scouting Report for Arkansas game. FILM REPORT ON DEFENSIVE LINE PLAY Player Sck Stf DP Hur MT OutP DE Jim Stickles 1 0 0 1 0 0 DE Derrick Richter 1 0 1 2 0 0 DT KaRon Dewalt 0 0 0 1 0 0 FILM REPORT ON LINEBACKING CORPS Player Tak Sck Stf PD MT BPA OutP ILB Curtis Ilkin 10 1 2 0 0 0 0 ILB Fred Quarles 10 0 2 0 0 0 0 OLB R.Jay Bennett 5 0 1 0 0 0 0 OLB Andre Saleaumua 5 0 0 1 0 0 0 ILB Pete Moore 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 OLB Reyna Elliss 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 FILM REPORT ON DEFENSIVE SECONDARY Player Tak Sck PD Int MT BPA OutP CB Matt Banks 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 FS Nic Motley 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 CB Mike Szymanski 4 0 0 0 1 1 1 CB Patrick Hobson 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 SS LeRoy Smith 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 SS Johnny English 5 0 0 0 1 0 1 FS Scotty Newberry 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 Post-Game Offensive Scouting Report for the Arkansas game. FILM REPORT ON PASSING GAME Player Comp Att GreatP BadP Larry Tillman 10 17 0 0 Rafael Jones 3 16 0 2 FILM REPORT ON RUSHING ATTACK Player Rush CreateR MissH Fumble RB Joe Dowdell 18 0 0 0 WR Dave Laing 2 0 0 0 QB Rafael Jones 1 0 0 0 FB Don Coleman 3 0 0 0 FB Melvin Wofford 2 0 0 0 FILM REPORT ON RECEIVING CORPS Player Tar Rec YAC GrtC Drop BadR WR Sonny Ballard 12 4 19 0 0 1 WR Dave Laing 8 5 24 0 0 1 RB Joe Dowdell 4 2 4 0 0 0 WR Henry Little 3 1 1 0 0 0 WR Randall Leftwich 2 0 0 0 0 1 TE Chris Pospisil 3 0 0 0 0 0 WR Frank Whiting 1 1 0 0 0 0 FILM REPORT ON OFFENSIVE LINE PLAY Player RB Pan SA False Miss Hold OG George Moss 0 1 0 0 0 0 C Tony Brito 0 0 1 0 1 0 OT LaMarcus Brown 0 0 0 1 1 0 OT Fred Kanell 0 0 1 0 2 0 TE Chris Pospisil 0 0 0 0 1 0 TE Nick Plunkett 0 0 0 0 1 0 Well, That game actually wasn't that bad. Next update: Quick version of Akron game.

Archived