Replaying a Season?

Is there a way to make a copy of a league prior to starting a season. I want to play the same season with the same schedule and players using 2 different offensive philosphies to see how much of a difference it makes in offensive stats/results. I realize that there will still be some statistical variation, but I still think it will show me some things about the way to adjust philosophies and play calling to team strengths.

You could try by copying the saved game by using typing a different filename but I am wondering whether the stats of the players could be different when loading up as most people would say no two people are alike so in a way you would likely get a different reaction if you play the two saved games over and over again in order to see the difference. Every difference could be different to one another but not the same expected result as everything is TOTALLY RANDOM.

1) start your season 2) get to where you pick off and def phil. 3) save the game 4) exit program 5) open my computer 6) find your bbcf save folder that conatins your leagues 7) make new folder "league_backup" 8) copy your league folders that you want to replay into here 9) now go and play your league until the end of the season 10) after your done go back to the bbcf save folder that conatins your leagues 11) delete the league files 12) go to the folder "league_backup" can copy the files 13) go back to bbcf save folder and paste the folder and files I have done the same thing your are talking about and have a huge excel file containing play results and avgs, differnet philosphies the results. Then I go back and create and test gameplans to see how well each worked. This is the best way to figure out how good a gameplan is, since the main variables (play ratings for all teams) stay the same. I have used four entirely different teams (great QB, horrible RB, etc..) and made different gameplans based on each of these. There is no magic philosphies or gameplan out there. It all depends on your players and how well you use them. With that being said, creating the correct gameplan will allow you an extra 40-70 ypg and an extra 4-7 ppg. This can make a 2-3 victory per season increase.

Thanks TC I am still at the stage it sounds like you were at some time ago. I am struggling to figure out which offensive gameplan and philosophies fit my players best. I have been trying to recruit the last few seasons to get players that fit my offensive "system" (a balanced philosophy with good backs, good run blockling o-lineman, and the best QB passing that I can get my hands on.) That system seems to be backwards, but it has been working. My QB throws much less than what he would in a more pass oriented attack but he always seems to be more efficient and produce more big plays with fewer interceptions. What I am really trying to determie is if my system is the best one for the mix and type of players that I have been recruiting. Since the players change from year to year, it is really hard to get a comparison and be able to tell if your system is the best one for the types of players that you have. I mentioned in another post that I have seen an advantage to playing a more run based attack regardless of the type of and talent at QB with a good run blocking o-line and good running/run blocking backs. The evidence wasn't really empirical, just that I seemed to win 2-3 more games a year with as many other varibales as possible staying roughly the same.

Archived