2006 Roster Set in production

Just an update on the 2006 roster set that I am working on. I have the top 5 teams (I am going by the end of season BCS standings) completed (plus numerous "big names added") but I still have 15 full teams to go! Testing has been good so far with the limited edits I have done. I did 4 test seasons and Troy Smith has won the Heisman twice with Brady Quinn winning once and a CPU player winning the other time. One thing I have not be able to recreate is Ohio State going undefeated but it seems that many teams need to be edited down and hopefully once I get the top 20/25 completed things will come together a bit cleaner. I still have teams like Miami, FSU, and others ranking too high plus teams like Louisville and Rutgers who are doing nothing. Anyway if you have any interest in helping please PM me otherwise stay tuned for more updates!

The teams that get completely edited will have real names and I will edit their ratings as close to "real" as I can get them. Editing ratings is an objective thing and while not everyone may agree with the final ratings, it should at least give people a good feel for a replay of the 2006 season.

I have added all of the 2006 Award winners, the 1st 2nd & 3rd team All Amercians, and the leaders of every major stat category. I intend to edit all of the top 20/25 teams in the country as they are currently ranked in the polls now. Editing includes name, height, weight, year in school, jersey #, high school attended, and player ratings. I can not alter player age, team schedules, or any coaching stuff because that can not be accessed. Also it is nice to see people interested in this project. The very negative response I got early on was hard to understand but clearly was isolated as now people seem to be wanting to get involved. Keep the questions coming and I will be glad to answer them. I will probably release something when I am about halfway finished so I can get feedback on the ratings and tweak as needed!

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;166826]Could you list what teams will be completely edited? I would assume the classic powerhouses?[/QUOTE] Yes but if you are the fan of a certain team let me know and I will at least try to get their starting lineup in the game for you if not the whole roster.

[QUOTE]I still have teams like Miami, [B][U]FSU[/U][/B], and others ranking too high plus teams like Louisville and Rutgers who are doing nothing.[/QUOTE] That one. The talent is there (Xavier Lee, Carr, etc), but Jeff Bowden is just a moron. Defense did pretty good though, and special teams. I haven't purchased Bowl Bound yet as I haven't decided if I want to start a league or not, and didn't know if there were a roster set that included real names. Teams I'd be most interested in having real names would be... Ohio State Michigan Wisconsin Penn State Illinois Florida State Miami Virginia Tech USC UCLA California LSU Alabama Florida Auburn Georgia South Carolina Arkansas WVU Lousiville Rutgers Oklahoma Texas Nebraska Notre Dame Those are the main ones that would probably be taken and/or looked at. Again, as you said you are hitting on the main players that is probably what is the important part to people. And if the stats reflect the 2006 season realistically then I would say that they are fairly decent. As I said I'm not sure on the purchase yet as I'm not sure if a league without having people own the game is feasable with the off-season work that goes along with recruiting, so I was just asking general questions.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;166854]As I said I'm not sure on the purchase yet as I'm not sure if a league without having people own the game is feasable with the off-season work that goes along with recruiting, so I was just asking general questions.[/QUOTE] Trust me -- that's not feasible. There's no way to run a team without the game unless the commissioner has nothing else to do with his day but enter changes for each and every team. It'd take forever. Recruiting would be impossible; the above statements are merely about the regular season.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been caught up working on a TEW 2007 mod to be honest. However if anyone is interested in what I have finished and would like the file so they could continue on with the project just send me a PM and I will put the file online to be downloaded and you can continue the work. Also whoever finishes can feel free to take credit for the whole project, I just want to see it get finished because I think it is very worthwhile.

Archived