T-Zone 2007

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is how I see the tweener thing. Every wrestler is either a heel or face, at least push wise. Some times fans don't see it that way and cheer or boo them anyway, but push wise they do always get one or the other. Some may say that means they are a tweener....personally I don't think it does. I think thats indicative that they are in a fed were the lines between face/heel don't matter as much. So in game terms it doesn't matter what ya push them as, as you can choose to have them do something against there alignment with no penalty. Tweener was just a word made up my reviewers and the like when someone was being pushed as one but getting the reaction for another half the time or was being used in both roles (see Stevie Richards for most of his WWE career) almost entirely because of the WWF/E. Guys like Joe, what has he done to deserve any thought of being a face? He gives a promo giving praise for an opponents skill? Shakes their hand after a match? This stuff happens in Japan all the time and the NA Indy scene has em-brassed it and now it's comming into main stream NA wrestling. Same with guys like Austin he got a good face pop as a heel and then had a incredible slow build to a turn and while he was gettign that pop and turning people decided he wasn't a heel, even though he was still push as one so called him a tweener. (no idea for which wrestler this started with but it's always the same story). Tweeners are almost always face characters that are rebels. Or rarely (like Joe, and other indy guys) heel's who use the Puro style of having respect as a heel. But again most these guys are in promotions where the face/heel divide isn't too strict for the fans as they like good wrestling. Obviously exceptions exist like Austin but even him it doesn't really because look at when he was big half the main event guys would be called tweeners. Hart was face in canada heel in states, Rock had the love to hate relationship then quickly became loved while still a heel. Trips, HBK rest of DX. Ministry, all those guys were either bad ass rebel faces or heels that got big pops. So that era WWF didn't have much of a Face/heel divide either. Towards the Alliance period and after Austin was usually a straight up heel or straight up face with little in between. Anyways gone on too long already.

Got a request for the puro people (normally i'd ask Gary 2nz or Timothy Vickers but both have gone its seems) anyways was wondering if anyone could tell me the people who should be loyal to a certain company and who should be freelance. I know a few but my puro knowledge doesn't go that deep

[QUOTE=forlan;168265]Ah, Tree you said any ROH help i needed well, i have no idea who the refs are these days, last i've noticed on DVD's has been Jason Harding and sometimes Brian Gorie down in the Midwest, along with todd Sinclair. And posibly Kehner and maybe Turner up in the Tri-State/New England area. Just wouldnt mind a clarification on the refs and also the current status of the following as i aint seen them mentioned in a while but sometimes forget Jay Lethal - He came back but is he gone again? Jerrelle Clark? Jason Blade? Kid Mikaze? Sal Rinauro - Since Rave is now "alone" Flash Flanagan - He was hyped more than the ROHBot arm then faded Also it seems so but is Lenny Leonard gone now, and any inside scoop or anything on why. Gabes stroy was stupid, cant remember it exactly but wasnt it "broke his legs playing softball" or some ****? Anyhoo, thanks for the help[/QUOTE] since i have ADD, i need to bullet point things. 1. Ian turned down Jimmy Jacob's offer for help. if anything, that has IAN displainy heel like tendencies. it will probably all come to pass that Ian needs Jacob's help to vanquish the BMFers anyway. 2. Lethal came back for one of two shows. definitely not a full-timer, as of this writing. 3. Jerelle Clark. he's currently not in ROH, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him back sooner rather than later. 4. Jason Blade. Just returned. i think he'll probably be on most shows in the northeast, and eventually in the midwest. 5. Kid Mikaze. he didn't come back with Blade. i'm pretty sure we won't be seeing him back in ROH any time soon. 6. Rinauro. currently gone from ROH. he's got the talent to be there, but doesnt seem to catch on with the fans. wouldn't surprise me to see him back eventually, but not for awhile. 7. Flanagan. i'm sure it was a favor to Cornette. i don't see him coming back either. 8. i have my ideas as to why Lenny Leonard is gone, but sorry, some things don't belong on message boards. 9. Other recent additions to the ROH roster include Matt Cross (aka M Dogg), Tank Toland, Jake and David Crist (aka Crazy J and Lotus), and ROH wrestling school graduates Shane Hagadorn and Pelle Primeau are pretty much full timers on the regular roster now. 10. there are a slew of new guys in FIP right now - including Sweeney, Akuma, Hallowicked, and Eddie Kingston (when he returns from his recently suffered broken ankle), and it wouldn't stun me to see them join ROH next year, along with someone like Erick Stevens, who has had such a tremendous 2006. 11. refs: Todd Sinclair - Senior ref, on all the shows. Paul Turner - mostly just northeast shows. Gary Moerere (although i am probably mispelling his name) - just returned to ROH, and i'm pretty sure he's back full time for the northeast only. Mike Kehner - mostly just northeast shows. Jason Harding - mostly just the midwest shows. Bruce Gray and Brian Gorie - i honestly don't remember. i'm pretty sure they were on the last midwest shows. on the east coast, you also have Mike Coughlin sometimes reffing matches, and recently, Mike Crockett has also made some east coast appearances.

Great stuff althoough i was aware of the new guys and the fip stuff, like to keep up with what the chikara guys are doing. For the Ian thing, he wouldn't need anyones help to get rid of the BMF's cos they have no effect on him since they only go for people who haven't paid their dues. On the referee thing, every now and then i see a guy pop up who is chinese reffing matched, Mr somebody or other they call him. Also, now i know some people like keeping kayfabe but was all know ray muro (sp) was doug gentry and jimmy bower/chris lovey was gabe so i'm just wondering since i can find no info anywhere is this jerrod or jared david or whatever an alter ego of someone because otherwise i'll just add him as a seperate entity.

Some lucha freelancers: El Hijo del Santo, Hijo de Perro Aguayo, Blue Demon Jr. Some puro freelancers: Kensuke Sasaki, MAZADA, NOSAWA, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Yoshihiro Takayama, Minoru Suzuki, Kikutaro [QUOTE=forlan;168310] On the referee thing, every now and then i see a guy pop up who is chinese reffing matched, Mr somebody or other they call him. [/QUOTE] Japanese. He only refs on shows featuring Kikutaro, they're travel buddies.

[QUOTE=forlan;168310] On the referee thing, every now and then i see a guy pop up who is chinese reffing matched, Mr somebody or other they call him. Also, now i know some people like keeping kayfabe but was all know ray muro (sp) was doug gentry and jimmy bower/chris lovey was gabe so i'm just wondering since i can find no info anywhere is this jerrod or jared david or whatever an alter ego of someone because otherwise i'll just add him as a seperate entity.[/QUOTE] ah - you're probably talking about Mr. Duke (Japanese, btw, and i think he used to ref for Zero-One). haven't seen him in awhile, but the crowds loved him. as for Jared David. i'm pretty sure that's the psuedonym of wrestler/commentator/manager Mister Saint Laurent, who does commentary under the Saint Laurent moniker in FIP. Saint Laurent's own web page links to a wikipedia entry that indicates this.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;168377]Question to Tree, which ROH shows do you normally attend? Sadly, I'm really only able to go to the Dayton shows.[/QUOTE] i've been to 77 ROH shows. the vast majority of them since At Our Best in March, 2004. about 25+ shows a year, so i go all over. anywhere in the northeast, and most of the shows in dayton/cleveland/chicago/detroit, etc etc/

As far as i can tell none of them are really able to be done, it would just be a regular match being called a strap match so there no real point if you have half an ounce of imagination which everyone surely does. I haven't done nothing on the data today if i'm honest, been watching the IWA Queen of the Deathmatches. Fantastic stuff especially Mickie Knuckles and Rachel Putski Taipei Death Match, tell ya what i got a whole lot more respect for Rachel now she proved shes much more than just eye candy with the Children of Pain. Anyways, im goign to do a lil on the data now.

Progress Report (X)Promotions (X)Workers - Done except for updating bios for the major feds wrestlers and obviously the ever changing rosters of all the promotions. (X)Locations (X)Match Types ()Gimmicks - Need to do the new stats in the gimmicks section, done the first few but thats it so far. (X)Teams (X)Promotion Pacts (X)Worker Relations (X)New promotions - Unless i add more, actually they also need styles sorting out (X)Angles (X)Storylines (X)Stables (X)Titles (X)Injuries (X)TV Shows (X)TV Networks (X)TV Show Slots ()Other TV Shows - Got someone working on it i think (X)Events (X)PPV Carriers (X)PPV Agreements ()Title Lineage - LegendKiller working on it ()Dojos - 13 or 14 so far ()New Workers - Only done three so far, got a little list of more to do (X)Start Injuries - Unless someone gets injured ()Dojo Graduates - Just voer 100 ()Alter Egos - Aint started ()User Characters - ZERO

[QUOTE=forlan;168630]As far as i can tell none of them are really able to be done, it would just be a regular match being called a strap match so there no real point if you have half an ounce of imagination which everyone surely does. I haven't done nothing on the data today if i'm honest, been watching the IWA Queen of the Deathmatches. Fantastic stuff especially Mickie Knuckles and Rachel Putski Taipei Death Match, tell ya what i got a whole lot more respect for Rachel now she proved shes much more than just eye candy with the Children of Pain. Anyways, im goign to do a lil on the data now.[/QUOTE] are you guys going to add any of the Texas Shows that have poped up big over the last year (ie XCW and RCW?)

Archived