Mexico, and also Relationships

Greetings I have been playing around with the Original Data recently, and it brought to mind a question. If I understand the way that overness impacts the system, you need to have an overness of at least 20 in the area that a Cult level promotion is in to be considered to be hired. If this is correct, how do the mexican federations get new talent, with the entire region sewed up with Cult level promotions? Another question that has come to mind recently. How, exactly, do relationships impact the game? I used the database editor to play around with relationships a bit, and it doesn't seem to have much of an effect on getting hired. I have heard that it helps with pushes and whatnot, but the effect seems minimal there as well. Am I missing something, or is the effect of a positive relationship as minor as it seems to me? Thanks For your time

Once you hit a certain level of popularity in say the United States your popularity in the surrounding areas also increases. So you can actually gain enough popularity to get work in Mexico without ever actually working there. Not 100% on the relationships but... if you have a great relationship with an owner you get better contracts and if you have a great relationship with the head booker you seem to get booked in better matches (i.e. working against guys who are more over than you and getting more title opportunities). You may not think the effects are major but once the owner/booker hate you'll notice.

I know about the surrounding area deal, I gess my question about Mexico was unclear. In the Cornelliverse, it is impossible for someone to break into the business in Mexico? And if someone does want to work there the will be a Jobber in Mexico, while being an Upper Midcarder/Main Eventer in the US? Is that correct? As far as relationships, I did a test game where I gave a random worker different relationships with different owners in the same area and got the same contracts. I tried playing with the relationship type, as well as the disposition of the Owner (Very Professional to Very Selfish) and got the same contracts each time. I may have just been unlucky, or it is more of an over time thing, but I am curious if there is something concrete I can look at?

Workers will be pushed at different levels depending upon their overness in each company's home country, as well as the size of the company. So yes, someone can be a jobber in one fed and a main eventer elsewhere quite easily. In order to get into a Mexican fed, you either have to gain overness in surrounding areas (that will in turn raise your overness in Mexico, as stated), wait for one of the Mexican feds to drop in size (and thus be willing to hire workers with lower overness), or maybe build up the proper stats that Lucha feds look for. Really high speed, I guess.

The biggest advantage I have found in relationships isn't with owners and bookers but workers. Usually if you want to form a tag team or start a feud than you have to be on the same level as the other person, else they won't agree. But if you're friends with someone one rank higher than you than they'll agree to form a tag team or feud with you. Any more than that and usually management won't let you, maybe being friends with the owner or booker in that case would let you tag or feud with someone two ranks higher. It may not sound like much but it's pretty useful in the global promotions to go in with friends in the upper and midcard divisions who will tag or feud with you letting you rise up the ranks that much faster and put on better matches.

Archived