Error in creating a league

When trying to create a league I get a message saying that there is an error in saving my game. Any solutions to this problem. And When trying to unlicense the game to see if a reinstallation solves the problem I cannot open the e-license control folder found in the control panel. Double clicking on the folder does nothing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Guest DirkGildun
As far as unlicensing goes: If you will be re-installing the game on the same PC, you don't have to un-license and re-license. The installation engine will look to see if there is already an eLicense entry for BBCF. I just did this when I uninstalled a patched version of BBCF to install the full 1.52 version.

Thanks for the licensing suggestion. It worked a treat. I solved the "error in saving game" problem by installing the original version and the subsequent patches. Now I just need to solve the problem of not being able to open the elicense folder.

I've recently had this same problem. In my case, I had a computer crash that led to a re-install of windows. When I tried to re-install the original BBCF and then add the patches, I encountered the same error message that you have reported, each time the game tried to save a new league. Once I downloaded the full 1.52 version, the problem appeared to be solved. Unfortunately, last night when I attempted to save a league I was 2 seasons into, I got the same error message at the end of the save. The game froze at that error message, and I was forced to control-alt-delete, just like before. Now the league won't re-open. I haven't yet tried to create another a new league. What really concerns me is that, like your experience, I cannot open my e-license folder. Seeing that someone else is having the same problem and that it relates to BBCF suggests that it is a problem being caused by BBCF. Unfortunately, I've purchased a number of e-license sports sims. As of now, I can't unlicense any of them (not that I presently want to, but at some point when I buy a new computer, I will).

Guest DirkGildun
Just a thought -- Under Settings/Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services (in Windows XP), is "LicCtrl Service" set up to start automatically, and does it have a Status of "Started"? If not, this could be your problem opening up the eLicense folder

Thanks for trying to help, DirkGildun. I checked, and mine was marked "started". There was an option to attempt a restart, which I tried. Sadly, I still can't open my e-license folder. Is anyone else having this problem? If you haven't had reason to try an open your e-license folder lately, you might give it a post 1.52 try.

I'll try that. However, the fact that at least two customers are experiencing the same problem after loading BBCF 1.52 (and not before) suggests that the problem is being created by your program. If such is the case, it would seem that you might want to take a look to see what in your coding might be causing the problem with the elicense program, as described above by two of us.

Archived