Traditional/Natural Rivalries Included/Prioritized?

For example, Georgia and Clemson can no longer play every year, but they try to play home-and-home as often as possible. Is it possible for the AI to give priority in scheduling to non-conference rivals such as Oklahoma-Texas, Georgia-Georgia Tech, etc., as well as former non-conference rivals who can no longer play every single year? Also, in big conferences that don't play a complete schedule, make sure that Oklahoma plays Nebraska every year, Georgia plays Florida, Tennessee and Auburn every year, etc.

Every school has a natural rival scheduled in the game. They normally occur at the end of the season, but some may occur earlier (based on data from real life). There will also be a manner in which you can input "rotating" games to be scheduled before the bidding phase each season. This process would be a way to have the "ND-USC" setup in the game since neither are considered a rival.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]Every school has a natural rival scheduled in the game. They normally occur at the end of the season, but some may occur earlier (based on data from real life). There will also be a manner in which you can input "rotating" games to be scheduled before the bidding phase each season. This process would be a way to have the "ND-USC" setup in the game since neither are considered a rival.[/QUOTE]So, can there be more than one "rotating" game, and can rotating games be within the conference? Again, I'm thinking of Georgia. I'm assuming that Tech will be the every-year rivals, but Georgia also plays Auburn every season, but doesn't play all of the other SEC West teams. Same with Alabama-Tennessee.

[QUOTE=SkyDog]So, can there be more than one "rotating" game, and can rotating games be within the conference? Again, I'm thinking of Georgia. I'm assuming that Tech will be the every-year rivals, but Georgia also plays Auburn every season, but doesn't play all of the other SEC West teams. Same with Alabama-Tennessee.[/QUOTE] I don't think that will always be the case. That would be a signficant burden in schedule logic to add in some manner for conference teams that are not rivals but in different divisions to always play each other.

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]I don't think that will always be the case. That would be a signficant burden in schedule logic to add in some manner for conference teams that are not rivals but in different divisions to always play each other.[/QUOTE]The South's Oldest Rivalry will be no more, it sounds like. :(

[QUOTE=Arlie Rahn]You could always make Auburn Georgia's rival and make the GT-GA game the non-conference scheduled game for both teams.[/QUOTE]So...you can change the rival, too, then? Also, can you choose which week for the conference and non-conference games?

[QUOTE=SkyDog]So...you can change the rival, too, then? Also, can you choose which week for the conference and non-conference games?[/QUOTE] Maybe I spoke too soon. I'm thinking of allowing people to change a team's rival. I just have to make sure it's a stable process as there could be some issues. I guess I could allow Arizona to be Arizona State's rival, but Utah to be Arizona's rival. But I don't want to make this real difficult, so I'm not sure how it will work at this point. As to the weeks, they are done based on the schedule for that season. What you can do is specify whether you want the rival game in one of the final two weeks or inseason. Outside of that, it's kind of the luck of the draw.

The easy way to satisfy us is to make the schedules editable after the fact. So if you go through the scheduling phase, and then you notice that Notre Dame's schedule includes Montana, Wyoming, Northern Illinois, Connecticut, Troy, etc. you can then go in and change it yourself.

[QUOTE=st.cronin]The easy way to satisfy us is to make the schedules editable after the fact. So if you go through the scheduling phase, and then you notice that Notre Dame's schedule includes Montana, Wyoming, Northern Illinois, Connecticut, Troy, etc. you can then go in and change it yourself.[/QUOTE] I guess the problem with that is the chance for errors. Let's say USC plays Wyoming in week 13 and you want them to play Georgia instead. Well, if Georgia plays Georgia Tech that week, what happens to that game? And what if Wyoming is just at 11 games and losing that game with USC puts them at 10? There are numerous cascading issues that come from manually changing schedules that I would rather not have in play from a support (and sanity) standpoint. I think the model of allowing users to input it yearly home-and-away series with other nonconference and non-rival teams should fix this issue for 99% of the issues. You will have the ability to impact who an independent like Notre Dame plays before the schedule is created. There's nothing stopping you from adding Michigan, USC, Purdue, Army and Navy to ND's "list" before the season starts and preventing you from getting a bunch of poor boys.

[QUOTE=jbmagic]will strength of schedule help you get rank better? is the game going to use the same ranking system formula they use in the NCAA?[/QUOTE] I'd say the first question is a gimme = yes As to the second question, I don't think Arlie will be able to replicate the BCS formula to a 'T', but something very similar will be in the game.

• 8 months later...
[QUOTE=SkyDog]So, can there be more than one "rotating" game, and can rotating games be within the conference? Again, I'm thinking of Georgia. I'm assuming that Tech will be the every-year rivals, but Georgia also plays Auburn every season, but doesn't play all of the other SEC West teams. Same with Alabama-Tennessee.[/QUOTE] I'm interested to see how this whole rivalry thing plays out. I couldn't image Tennessee not playing Alabama every year. :eek:

Archived