I see where recruiting will be in-depth. Will this be similar to TDCB with phone calls and visits? Will you be choosing scouting services? Have a head recruiter? How will players be rated besides the ever-present GDS scouting service :) Will we have a map and pick areas to recruit with players deciding to stay close to home? Will players be able to rescind letters of intent like Ronald Curry did to UVA before he went to UNC?

Hopefully - through scouting (by recruiting coordinators and coaching staff) the teams will be able to determine interest of a potential player. Based on location, education, playing time, prestige of school, stable staff, preferred offense/defense -- (others). I really don't see a need for the recruiting services -- it should reflect on the overall recruitinng ability of the coaching staff for various regions ... You might add an off-season (non-recruiting) period where coaches develop contacts in an area .... I won't make the development chat ---- family concerns ---- but this game could be the best if everyone shares their ideas. .

Recruting has to be a crux of a college football game. I only hope that roster sizes arent limited. I would like to see on the recruiting front. 1. Potential Juniors while they are competing in their junior year of high school. You could recruit them in the form of letter writing to gauge interest before the season is over. 2. Have potential seniors to be visit your spring practice on unofficial visits. 3. Invite players to your summer camp and have the possibility of putting them through tests and offer schollies there. 4. Have the option to see other camp results IE the Nike Camp and Elite 11 QB camp. 5. Have a full slate of recruiting tools for use in the fall including official visits to home games during the season. I know I am getting ahead of myself and I dont want to be too ambitions for an initial release. These are just ideas that have been in my head for years.

I agree that recruiting is the lifeblood of a college game but I hope to see more in depth game play than was in TCY. I'd like to see realistice setups for offenses such as the 'Bone and the Run/Shoot. Somehow tie in a players talents to the type of offense, so just because the #1 prospect will sign with you, you might not want him since he's an immobile QB (ala Drew Bledsoe) and you need a Michael Vick type guy to run your offense.

I think the type of players you can get should be tied to your system. Like you said John obviously a guy like Bledsoe wouldnt be a good fit for a school like maybe Oklahoma or Florida where they run shotgun option. A guy like Bledsoe would be better off at California or Miami. I think that should weigh into a prospects desire to come to your school.

Archived