Read? Unread?

flamebrain

Not a biggie but today I notice that threads here are still marked as unread to me even after I've read them. Has anyone else noticed this or does it have something to do with my updating IE and it being rubbish? :) NEVER MIND! I must have been doing something wrong, its fine now :o

*tut tut* Shouldnt be using IE. Its skid-marked pants is what it is lol. As always I recommend a swift switch to Mozilla Firefox, best browser ever. But il stop right there because these things you guys mention do happen to me too and quite regularly so its nothing to do with your web browser. Not sure why its caused though. Dont go on many other boards so I dont know if this just happens everywhere or what.

Its faster, automatically comes with a pop-up blocker (the last version I had of IE the one before the latest doesnt come with a pop-up blocker), its safer in that it prevents more problems like viruses, spyware etc., If you try to access certain sites that are unsafe if you have Firefox setup right it will bring up messages and prevent you from accessing the site which doesnt exist with IE. IE is just unsafe in that it will let you go anywhere and it wont warn you and before you know it you have hidden spyware and viruses lurking on your machine. Firefox also has better support, Its not a Microsoft product and there are many options that are just better than IEs. Most people who use IE only use it because it comes installed on their computer and because its a product of the industry giants Microsoft but anything that comes with your computer is never the best. You have to look around for the best stuff. Im sure there is even more ways Firefox is better too. I guess if your just a casual internet user then none of this will bother you but Firefox makes if difference if you are a regular user trust me. The latest IE is absolutly bug infested Ive heard. Oh and I dont even have an anti-virus or adaware running anymore because there is just no need. If your running IE though you better be dam sure your using an anti-virus otherwise your computer is gonna be ****ed.

Archived