Coach of the year frustration

If there are to be any more tweaks to BBCF, I hope coach of the year logic is improved. I'm tired of seeing the coach of the conference champs be coach of the year every year. This last year with Buffalo, I led them to a 6-2 conference record and a 3rd place finish in the conference, eventhough I had the 115th, 110th, and 114th recruiting classes the last three years, and was expected to finish dead last in the conference. When I went to the awards section, I was shocked to see the coach of the conference champs was the coach of the year; yet we beat them and gave them their only conference loss of the season. There should be some consideration for team performance compared to expectations when selecting the COY. Just look at Rutgers and Coach Schiano (sp) this year.

[QUOTE=udlb58;183097]If there are to be any more tweaks to BBCF, I hope coach of the year logic is improved. I'm tired of seeing the coach of the conference champs be coach of the year every year. This last year with Buffalo, I led them to a 6-2 conference record and a 3rd place finish in the conference, eventhough I had the 115th, 110th, and 114th recruiting classes the last three years, and was expected to finish dead last in the conference. When I went to the awards section, I was shocked to see the coach of the conference champs was the coach of the year; yet we beat them and gave them their only conference loss of the season. There should be some consideration for team performance compared to expectations when selecting the COY. Just look at Rutgers and Coach Schiano (sp) this year.[/QUOTE] I won Coach of the Year in my third season with a low prestige team. It is not that hard to win it. Finishing 3rd place in a low level conference does not deserve coach of the year. Win more games.

Guest Nukester
Im interested in this as well, since I am currently in week 15 with an Army team with a prestige of 49, and have a 10-1 record (6-0 in conference with Navy left to go) with wins over Notre Dame and Pittsburgh in the Indy MWest (1989 mod) and am listed in the finalists for Coach of the Year. I was pretty happy to see I was nominated. I dont expect to win it over the others though, just based on me being "only" Army and not some big school. We'll see...

Guest Nukester
Well, Ill be. I defeated Navy to go 11-1 (#5 in the media polls and #6 in the GDCS, although I dont play with the playoffs in this league) and I did indeed with the Bear Bryant Award. Ill take a look around to see who got the conference coach of the year awards, but Im pretty sure in the past it was usually the conference champions coach.

Guest Nukester
Right off the bat, I see that the ACC Coach of the Year was won by the Georgia Tech coach, and they didnt win the conference. They were a game behind Maryland and tied with Clemson (although GT is actually listed at 3rd in the standings). Same with the Big 8 and Colorado, whom came in 2nd behind OK St. and tied with Nebraska (and listed at 3rd in the conference). In the WAC, the Utah coach won it with Utah tied with Wyoming and Hawaii all at 6-2, but Utah is listed in the 3rd spot (I have no idea how the game does tie breakers) All of the other conference COY Awards went to the conference champ coach.

Archived