More Leagues

I'm not sure if the engine is capable of pulling this off, but I'd like to see something similar to NFL Europe and NFL Japan featured in Bowl Bound Pro. That way the main league can use the international leagues as a place where they can stash and develop promising young talent that they can't give playing time. I know that the NFL is as American as Apple Pie, but an international flavour will probably drag in more people from other countries to play the game. American Football is really quite a fascinating game and it'll be a shame if people from other countries won't at least get their feet wet learning about its intricacies.

[QUOTE=canadiancreed;189067]I'd support this and add the potential for the CFL too (what....why are you looking at me like that? WE play football here too ya know!)[/QUOTE] Sorry, forgot about the CFL :) Isn't that where Jake Plummer used to play?

It's not that we need those leagues modeled. I think we just need customizable league sizes. With the ability to do this in BBCF now, I would think Arlie's finally figured out how to go about this. Of course, the obstacle that is necessary to hurdle would be for the game to recognize what positions need restocking (for lack of a better term) due to retirements, so that there isn't a glut of talent sitting around in free agency.

The idea of actually having NFL Europe and CFL leagues present and simming games out isn't so necessary I think, but it would be as an option in the offseason where we individually select a few players on our roster we'd like to send to NFL Europe for a little additional training. i.e. the actual games might not be simmed the league standings might not be covered, but we'd have the option to select guys there to help improve his experience (kind of as an additional checkbox in "offseason training" ) Of course, this would come with the added risk of offseason injury.

That is a great compromise. However, I'd still like a little more depth in the foreign leagues. Nothing like sending a potential young stud to Europe for seasoning and then receiving an e-mail from him that he doesn't want to come back anymore - because he became a hotshot superstar there, or he found a girl to marry. Better yet, receiving an e-mail from him saying that he wants to go back ASAP because he can't understand the language there.

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;189225]I agree; this would all be nice, but not at the expense of the American pro game. Just make it customizable and I'll be more than happy. These extra leagues running at the same time took OOTP 7 versions to achieve (if it was achieved at all in the right way).[/QUOTE] I agree...there are many variables to running multiple full functioning leagues simultaneously that just seem to invite too large a degree of inaccuracy(not that BBPF is necessarily subject to other games & their implementation of certain features). Perhaps it could work if you give a VERY heavy weight to players preferring to play in their own country. Yes, the CFL does take some would-be American NFL players (and the occasional very good NFL player)...but I think it would be pretty undesirable to see a multi league setup with guys like Tomlinson vascillating every few years back & forth. But then again...I wouldnt want to rain on anybody else's fun, if that's their idea of it. So I'd just not play with multiple leagues I suppose. But it does raise the point of whether adding that functionality is worth the time in this initial release, if it means other features will not make it.

I agree that the American Pro game is the priority, and that by focusing on foreign leagues might detract too much resources on developing the American league. Notwithstanding the foregoing, I have a suggestion on how to do the foreign leagues, Arlie can try what SI usually do and just have the foreign leagues under background simulation. That way the main game will be the American league and the foreign leagues are there to add flavor to the game. Wouldn't it be cool to check out the a weekly media link in the game featuring the top players in Europe and Canada? That way you can turn on the option of bringing in a hot shot Euro or Canadian player and give them an opportunity to strut their skills in America. Or you can monitor the development of the player you sent abroad. If he is doing well there, that just might help you decide to bring him back.

I would love to see customizable leagues as well, but for a different reason... In Madden 2002 it was possible to customise the size of your league so that you could re-create the USFL, WFL or even the XFL if you wanted as long as you had the correct artwork. I would love to see that option in this pro game that we haven't seen done correctly since the late, great FBPro series.

Archived