Draft...

Because the BBCF game game out before the Pro Game, there is no direct feature in BBCF to export your draft picks...But I'm sure that in BBPF you'll just select which save of your BBCF season you'd like to have imported for the draft. Basically what I'm saying is... The Pro Game will take care of that. Dont worry.

1. Ability to save a draft in progress. 2. Multiplayer draft server that allows league members to log in, set draft preferences, trade picks, draft players, etc... If you are familiar with the War Room draft utitlity used by many TPF leagues you'll understand what I'm referring to. I'd like to see an online interface built right into Windows interface of the game. 3. If #2 is not possible, please create an "overall rating" for all draft picks similar to TPF. Even if that value is not displayed in game make it available for export so that a utility like the War Room can be updated to work with the new football game. Then open your web server to host drafts for leagues that sign up.

A separate application won't be necessary if Arlie would build the server capability into BBPF. Point #3 addresses your comment. I will update the War Room if #2 is not done. But the War Room relies on the fact that all draft picks receive a single rating that encompasses their draft ranking. So hopefully BBPF will have a similar rating even if it is only used "behind the scenes".

I played TPF and liked it but don't remember many of the points in the game. I strongly advise arlie and anyone involved with the game to look at the draft procedure in FOF. It really has some great features in it. I have and play FOF so i don't want another identical game but FOF is really worth looking at in order to get some ideas on how to approach such things as the draft which it handles very well.

I have to disagree on that one - I like the FOF series - but I think the draft is a very weak link in that series. I thought TPF was going in the right direction on the draft and I hope we see more of that. for me the draft is one of the absolutely most important and interesting things that happen in a NFL simulation - it needs to be fun, detailed and as much as possible get the boom/bust part right. I always hated the concept of scout X of players since all NFL teams scout ALL eligible players and also most subscribe to another scouting service as well. If memory serves the one think I think TPF really failed on was how often the strengths and weakness information was way off. for example it would say this guys strength is speed, but weakness is catching the ball - you would draft him and we would be the exact opposite. IRL when i guys strength is speed - he is generally fast - it is all the rest - catching, football IQ, etc that determine if he is good or not. I highly encourage anyone who is interested, but especially the developers to read this detailed book on the NFL draft: [url]http://www.amazon.com/Draft-Year-Inside-Search-Talent/dp/031235438X/sr=8-1/qid=1170149453/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-0106627-9871621?ie=UTF8&s=books[/url]

Archived