Talent Evaluation

I just saw a post on the FOFC boards that confused me a little. I was reading a dynasty thread and the poster was giving a position-by-position analysis of his team and he said " all ratings are through the eyes of the league scout as oppose to team assistants". Is this just a MP league thing or have i been mistaken all along in thinking that the ratings i see for my players are through the eyes of my coordinators?

Guest Nukester
Im not sure what happens when you create a website from a solo league, but in the Gridiron Glory league, the ratings on the website that is created are different than the ones that show in the game. Im not entirely sure but I think the website ratings are through an average scouts eyes, and the in game ratings are from a combination of scouting ratings and scouting budget.

I hate to be a bother, but can someone walk me through the whole "create website" thing? As in, why should I do it, and when can I/can't I do it? I'm in the middle of my fifth season with a team. I don't play online or multiplayer. Can someone please advise? Thanks.

[QUOTE=robster1225;192859]That thread was about FOF 2k7. In that game you actually have to hire a scout for your team, and he has ratings on how good he is at judging certain types of players. I don't think it is really like that in BBCF, at least, if it is, it isn't very dramatic.[/QUOTE] The thread was titled "BBCF etc, etc, etc" and the guy is running a team in an MP BBCF league. I do know the difference between the two games as i owned FOF2002 and TCY a few years back.

it's been almost a year since I've played, but unless there was a big change: your offensive scout scouts opposing offensive players, and your defensive scout scouts opposing defensive players. coordinators don't do any scouting. I'm guessing the message on the website was to show that a generic "average" scout was used to get any ratings displayed. it wouldn't be fair or accurate to reveal ratings from an actual scout to other teams on that page.

Your players are rated through the eyes of your OC and DC. Both have ratings for scouting each position. For the college players not on your team, it works like Dime explained. You can see these ratings on the staff page (OC, DC, ST) or in the budget screen for other teams/recruits.

• 4 months later...
Is there anyway to know your OC and DC's scouting ratings during the season or during recruiting? So far, the only place I know of is during the staff hiring. Normally I write down what my OC and DC are good at, but is there anyway to check this at other stages of the game? Thanks.

[QUOTE=hfthomp;246694]Is there anyway to know your OC and DC's scouting ratings during the season or during recruiting? So far, the only place I know of is during the staff hiring. Normally I write down what my OC and DC are good at, but is there anyway to check this at other stages of the game? Thanks.[/QUOTE] Yes, just click the Team Staff button on the left-hand side, when in season - it's by team info and roster; during recruiting, the Team Staff is located just a little above the recruiting options.

Archived